Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #201
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That is an understatement.

And that is an understatement!

I just can't believe the injury to Romo. We might have been able to survive not having Dez for 6 weeks to who knows how long they are reporting now. But without Romo there is really no chance with defenses "preparing" for Weeden.

What really sucks is this defense has the ability to be extremely good. Romo finally gets a solid D and he gets hurt. Just heart breaking.

Now if they can maybe split the games Romo misses, we might have a chance to sneak into the playoffs, but with Weeden I sure am expecting the worse.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #202
Thomkal
Head Coach

So any reason to watch NFC East teams rest of the season?

1. Dallas-Romo and Bryant gone maybe for good chunk of the season

2. Giants-Clock management problem second game in a row-for second game in a row lose with a 10 points or more lead in 4th quarter.

3. Eagles- Wow that was beyond pitiful. Chip Kelly does not seem to have the answers so far this season. Leading rusher last year held to 21 yards so far this year. No TD even when weeden came in? wow. well they got one when it didn't matter anymore I guess.

4. Redskins-won today at least, but RGIII circus still in town and just waiting for a Cousins injury to be the main attraction again.

Meanwhile Atlanta has gone 2-0 against you with a good chance of 3-0 if Romo is out next week. Yowza.

Meanwhile my beloved Cards lead the division already, but needed to have taken Palmer out when they got the big lead today. No reason to risk an injury in a meaningless game.

Nice wins by Oak and Jax today

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-20-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #203
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouCowboy View Post
And that is an understatement!

I just can't believe the injury to Romo. We might have been able to survive not having Dez for 6 weeks to who knows how long they are reporting now. But without Romo there is really no chance with defenses "preparing" for Weeden.

What really sucks is this defense has the ability to be extremely good. Romo finally gets a solid D and he gets hurt. Just heart breaking.

Now if they can maybe split the games Romo misses, we might have a chance to sneak into the playoffs, but with Weeden I sure am expecting
the worse.

Yea. This could get ugly. Really the only positive is that they are off to a 2-0 start in the division. Also, if I am remembering correctly, Romo could have come back earlier than the 10 games he missed for this injury originally but the season was already lost by the time it rolled around so there was no point. Maybe we will get "lucky" and it will be 6-8 weeks.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #204
Izulde
Head Coach

Fuck Philbin.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #205
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

WTF Rams?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #206
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, Rodgers is good but let's not give him credit for everything.

"Rodgers, knowing he has a free play, sends everyone downfield..."

Some sort of telepathic ability I guess.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #207
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't buy a Samsung Galaxy just for that stupid wireless charging commercial alone...

(sorry, getting tired of seeing that commercial today)
Old 09-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #208
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Eagles have more hope for the season now than the Cowboys do.

Redskins radio is going to be a really optimistic place tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #209
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I think the Cowboys may be okay with Weeden, in the short term. The defense is pretty stout, so I don't think anyone is going to be able to run away from them.

Atlanta will be a good test for them next week.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #210
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Fuck Philbin.

+1.

Tannehill is probably the real deal, but he's useless without some type of commitment to the running game.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #211
JPhillips
General Manager

The Bengals tackle eligible play with Jake Fisher was nice. Fisher looked like a TE.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #212
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Shouldn't the play been blown dead when the offensive lineman jumped from Bennett going into the neutral zone?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #213
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Shouldn't the play been blown dead when the offensive lineman jumped from Bennett going into the neutral zone?

If an o-lineman jumps the play should be blown dead and a neutral zone infraction given to the defense.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #214
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just rewound and looked at that (missed it but heard them talking about it). The o-lineman moved, play should have been blown dead right then.

Last edited by EagleFan : 09-20-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #216
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Does it seem like the Packers are starting to rely on the offside draw at times, have been a couple plays lately where they try multiple times and when they actually snap the play without the offside it seems like they had little success.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #217
kingfc22
Head Coach

Seattle's defense playing like a bunch of jackasses. Somethings never change.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #218
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I've seen this now and again. Pile on a fumble. Refs looking at the pile, not calling anything yet. Player from Team A comes out of the pile with the ball, ref calls the ball for Team B. What did they see to give the ball to Team B?

My favorite was a couple years ago seeing a player actually coming out of the pile with the ball (refs didn't see him I guess) and the refs were still untangling the pile looking for the ball.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #219
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Where's Eli and the Giants when we need them for bad clock management?
Old 09-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #220
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The Eagles leading rusher was Sam Bradford. 2 carries, 9 yards. Second was DeMarco Murray. 13 carries, 2 yards.

I think Murray is averaging 0.5 a carry so far this year. I wonder if Chip Kelly has a plan to make the league give his team 20 downs instead of 4. I bet Evan Mathis is laughing his ass off.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:38 AM   #221
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got to bring it better than that, Bills fans.

Bills fans fail to set Guinness World Record for crowd noise against Patriots | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #222
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I hated the Suh signing when it happened and it looks like it's only going to get better from here:

Ndamukong Suh freelancing part of Dolphins problem | ProFootballTalk
Old 09-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #223
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think Murray is averaging 0.5 a carry so far this year. I wonder if Chip Kelly has a plan to make the league give his team 20 downs instead of 4. I bet Evan Mathis is laughing his ass off.

Too early obviously (and the Romo/Bryant injuries probably set the bar for winning that division lower) but if the Eagles finish with a losing record, does Kelly get another season given that he blew a successful team up in the offseason?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #224
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Too early obviously (and the Romo/Bryant injuries probably set the bar for winning that division lower) but if the Eagles finish with a losing record, does Kelly get another season given that he blew a successful team up in the offseason?

I'm not sure? Three years of getting progressively worse may see him headed back to college during the off-season.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #225
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I've seen this now and again. Pile on a fumble. Refs looking at the pile, not calling anything yet. Player from Team A comes out of the pile with the ball, ref calls the ball for Team B. What did they see to give the ball to Team B?

My favorite was a couple years ago seeing a player actually coming out of the pile with the ball (refs didn't see him I guess) and the refs were still untangling the pile looking for the ball.
If the ref sees one player with possession, they make that ruling at that moment (before the full scrum). Seattle's player Justin Britt confirmed that he had to pull it away from Elliott with his statement after the game:

Quote:
I pulled the tip from him and pulled it away. I walked away with it. Explain to me how that's their ball.
If you have to "pull the ball away", that means the other player was on the ground with the ball to begin with. At that point, it's Green Bay's ball. The only way this doesn't come into play is if the ref doesn't see the initial player have possession of the ball, which he apparently did in this situation. If you look at the video at the 1:06 mark below, it's pretty clear Elliott has the ball and then the Seattle tackle dives in to try and pry it away:

Last edited by Arles : 09-21-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #226
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Another question on the game. During the personal foul situation that got KJ Wright disqualified, Seattle had 2 personal fouls and GB had one - yet they were offsetting? Here's the PBP from NFL.com:
Quote:
Penalty on SEA-72-M.Bennett, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting. Penalty on GB-70-T.Lang, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting. Penalty on SEA-50-K.Wright, Disqualification, offsetting.
So, does this mean if two people get in an altercation and both get a personal foul, I can then take a cheap shot on any other player and the result will still be "offsetting" penalties with no 15-yarder stepped off? Seems pretty odd that if one team gets two personal fouls and the other gets one, they offset. The math doesn't seem to work out
Old 09-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #227
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Another question on the game. During the personal foul situation that got KJ Wright disqualified, Seattle had 2 personal fouls and GB had one - yet they were offsetting? Here's the PBP from NFL.com:

So, does this mean if two people get in an altercation and both get a personal foul, I can then take a cheap shot on any other player and the result will still be "offsetting" penalties with no 15-yarder stepped off? Seems pretty odd that if one team gets two personal fouls and the other gets one, they offset. The math doesn't seem to work out

When the ref made the announcement, he said something to the effect that since there was a live ball penalty that was accepted, the dead ball personal fouls were automatically declined, not offsetting. It sure didn't sound right at the time.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #228
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Cartman, I heard the same thing - but it didn't make any sense as no live ball penalty was made. The game just continued 2nd and 2 (after the 8 yard gain on first down). My only thinking is that since all the personal fouls were post-play, they offset since there were penalties against both teams. It was just odd that if one team gets two personal fouls post-play while another just gets one, they offset. You'd think the team with two would net out a 15-yard personal foul against them.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #229
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You'd think the team with two would net out a 15-yard personal foul against them.

I ain't really up for digging through the NFL rules to see if it's different but what you said is how I saw it work last season at the high school level. I remember it mostly because they actually marched 15 left, 15 right and another 15 left.

I figured the ref was trying to lose weight or something
Old 09-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #230
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Not sure if this is the same situation as in the game because I didn't watch it, but I think the answer to your question is "pretty much". Over the years, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few 2 PF penalties for one team vs. 1 PF penalty for the other in near-brawl like situations after the whistle, and they simply all offset.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If he does get fired... Should I want him to come to USC (assuming Sark doesn't turn things around and ends up being fired?)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #232
bhlloy
Coordinator

100% yes- I'd take that in a heartbeat
Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #233
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldn't buy a Samsung Galaxy just for that stupid wireless charging commercial alone...

(sorry, getting tired of seeing that commercial today)

Those stupid Chevy commercials (real people, not actors) soooo tired of them!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #234
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
4th in yards and 3rd in points last year. 2nd in yards and 4th in points the year before.

Complete disaster because of the first 2 games this year.
I think it's fair to say that OC Chip Kelly is a success, and Pro Personnel Director Chip Kelly is an abysmal failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's hard when you're getting emasculated again by the QB that's 20-1 against you in the last 12 years.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #235
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

A million times better than Buick. Yes, it looks exactly like a fucking Buick, that's why you are trying to hawk it for 180 bucks a month

Last edited by bhlloy : 09-21-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #236
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

Still better than McConnaghuey's Lincoln adverts.

"I don't drive a Lincoln because it's coooool."

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #237
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
A million times better than Buick. Yes, it looks exactly like a fucking Buick, that's why you are trying to hawk it for 180 bucks a month

Old 09-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #238
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Saints message boards blowing up with rumor that Brees has torn rotator cuff and will have season ending surgery. Nothing official yet.

If so, it will be a (likely) sad end to a transcendent career with the Saints.

Of course, as a Saints fan I was ecstatic to have him on my favorite team. It has been a while since I have had to watch shitty QB play and pretend it was adequate. You get used to that.

But, as a football fan, I am also sad that he was stuck with such a bad situation for so long. He dragged teams to relevance that had record-settingly-bad defenses. And he made household names out of guys like Marcus Colston (no probowls ever) and Lance Moore. And the first two weeks with the Seahawks have shown us how mortal even guys like Jimmy Graham look when Brees isn't putting the ball right where it needs to go.

Basically, I wonder how many Super Bowls Brees would have won with even an average supporting cast.

And I think that people may be shocked by just how bad the Saints will be if he's out. I'm thinking two or three wins at the most.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #239
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: And props to Brady. I'm not the biggest fan, but out of the Manning/Brady/Brees/Romo generation, he's the one who's managed to keep his body in shape beyond the typical expiration date for QBs.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #240
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Basically, I wonder how many Super Bowls Brees would have won with even an average supporting cast.

Part of that is on Brees. By demanding so much money, he tied their hands.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #241
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Curb that impulse. Enjoy the hilarity and the realness of the real people (not actors). Buy a Chevy!

That's a Buick?!?! Or you can buy one of these too.

Or you can buy/lease a GMC or Cadillac.

Choice is yours!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:36 PM   #242
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola: And props to Brady. I'm not the biggest fan, but out of the Manning/Brady/Brees/Romo generation, he's the one who's managed to keep his body in shape beyond the typical expiration date for QBs.

What a Big Ben?

He's honestly probably the third best QB of this generation behind Brady/Manning.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #243
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Saints message boards blowing up with rumor that Brees has torn rotator cuff and will have season ending surgery. Nothing official yet.

If so, it will be a (likely) sad end to a transcendent career with the Saints.

Of course, as a Saints fan I was ecstatic to have him on my favorite team. It has been a while since I have had to watch shitty QB play and pretend it was adequate. You get used to that.

But, as a football fan, I am also sad that he was stuck with such a bad situation for so long. He dragged teams to relevance that had record-settingly-bad defenses. And he made household names out of guys like Marcus Colston (no probowls ever) and Lance Moore. And the first two weeks with the Seahawks have shown us how mortal even guys like Jimmy Graham look when Brees isn't putting the ball right where it needs to go.

And I think that people may be shocked by just how bad the Saints will be if he's out. I'm thinking two or three wins at the most.

about to post that. Guess there was a reason besides age that Brees looked so bad on Sunday, If he is done, I think we can say the Saints are done for this season (well when they traded Jimmy Graham should have been the first sign) and probably Sean Payton too.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #244
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dolphins trade CB Will Davis to Ravens - NFL.com
Old 09-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #245
Thomkal
Head Coach

Tony Romo won't need surgery on fractured clavicle - NFL.com
Old 09-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #246
Thomkal
Head Coach

And the QB injuries are stacking up:

Matthew Stafford's availability unclear for Week 3 - NFL.com
Old 09-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #247
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

If Dan Orlovsky starts next Sunday night, I will not be watching that game. In fact, at this point, I'd rather re-watch Season 2 of True Detective than the Lions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #248
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow that's sad HB-I was still watching after all the horror show in Arizona last year. Guess I can't blame you though,
Old 09-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #249
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow that's sad HB-I was still watching after all the horror show in Arizona last year. Guess I can't blame you though,

I have a particular dislike for Dan Orlovsky for some reason.

His presence is like black a hole, it sucks all of the enjoyment out of everything for me. I think it's because he reminds me of the 0-16 season.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #250
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have a particular dislike for Dan Orlovsky for some reason.

His presence is like black a hole, it sucks all of the enjoyment out of everything for me. I think it's because he reminds me of the 0-16 season.

Is he the only player still on the roster from that team?

Edit: Wow, Megatron was there.

Last edited by Grover : 09-21-2015 at 04:10 PM.