Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #551
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Anxiety
Seems like enough evidence has been posted to support that idea.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:11 AM   #552
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Is this guy here?

"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #553
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
dola - hopefully lathum can provide some more info today
OK, I think we amay have gottewn very lucky or very unlucky.

The logical thing for me to do last night would have been to protect myself last night after my role reveal. I figured the maniacs assumed I would protect myself so instead I protected a random person in hopes I could throw them off and buy myself more time.

Well I am still here so it worked. Better yet the person I protected was SCHMIDTY!!!

I can only assume if Tangle is telling the truth he couldn't see Schmidty because I was protecting him.

VOTE BARKEEP
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #554
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum: Didn't you protect me the first night?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Lathum: Didn't you protect me the first night?
No, I protected blade.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #556
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So then your theory about it being cloudy because you protected schmidty doesn't really make sense, does it?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-18-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #557
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK, I think we amay have gottewn very lucky or very unlucky.

The logical thing for me to do last night would have been to protect myself last night after my role reveal. I figured the maniacs assumed I would protect myself so instead I protected a random person in hopes I could throw them off and buy myself more time.

Well I am still here so it worked. Better yet the person I protected was SCHMIDTY!!!

I can only assume if Tangle is telling the truth he couldn't see Schmidty because I was protecting him.

VOTE BARKEEP

It's pretty f'ing early to come out as the seer, so I smell rat. And I would think that the seer would get a clearer depiction of who is bad.

If Tangle is lying about his ability then the only way you could work your premise out is if you /knew/ Tangle would claim such abilities. Besides, why would you guarding Schmidty block his abilities? Would that be the case for seers?

I also think it's crazy to be claiming to be a bodyguard.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #558
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think it's pretty clear that we are close to lynching another baddie today.

Saldana didn't like St. C (bad), barkeep (?), or blade (?)
lathum (bodyguard) protected blade, dubb, schmidty
tanglewood (seer) viewed blade (bad?), barkeep (good?), and Schmidty (bad?)
qwik flat out says blade (good) barkeep (good) and Anxiety (bad) Tangle (bad)

sides are forming right now and I think we gain no matter what happens today. if you hit a normal person then we've outted the other side, if we hit a manaic then it looks like we've got the rest of their team...

Am I the only one who sees it this way?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #559
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'd bet my life on Anxiety being bad; If he's lynched and not a maniac I will vote for my own death tomorrow.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it (as long as it isn't crack, well, okay, maybe.)
Old 05-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #560
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, based on my first three nights I think there may be 3 maniacs. I think they may have gotten lucky with a night one conversion. The reason why is there was no kill on night one.

Allthough I was protecting blade there was no sort of struggle or anything. Basiclly nothing at all happened. Nothing happened the the last 2 nights as well so I am thinking one of two things.

1. The maniacs saw me and ran away (I am a former Mr. Universe after all)

2. They had a conversion.

As for my theory about Me protecting Schmidty etc... It's all I've got and am subject to change. Right now I am becoming VERY suspiciou of Qwikshot because of everything he is throwing around. For now

UNVOTE BARKEEP
Old 05-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #561
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I'd bet my life on Anxiety being bad; If he's lynched and not a maniac I will vote for my own death tomorrow.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it (as long as it isn't crack, well, okay, maybe.)

guess I'll take the bait and bet

vote Anxiety
Old 05-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #562
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Qwik- Why are you so sure about anxiety?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #563
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was a witness; I know Anxiety is a maniac.

Only one I saw though. I was able to observe one person, and I guessed right.

He's got blood on his hands....he's got blood on his hands....
Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #564
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK, based on my first three nights I think there may be 3 maniacs. I think they may have gotten lucky with a night one conversion. The reason why is there was no kill on night one.

Allthough I was protecting blade there was no sort of struggle or anything. Basiclly nothing at all happened. Nothing happened the the last 2 nights as well so I am thinking one of two things.

1. The maniacs saw me and ran away (I am a former Mr. Universe after all)

2. They had a conversion.

or 3) you are a very bad bodygurad j/k

no in most bodyguard roles you protect the person, but if they didn't target the person they still get a kill. Anyhow w/ the night results it just tells me that they targeted someone who you didn't protect like most bodyguard roles are.

Another thing to think about is maybe they didn't get in a night 1 action. with such a small starting number of players would starting w/ 3 and having a conversion be unbalanced? would it be balanced out by having both a seer and a bodyguard tough?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #565
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hey if Tangle is the seer; then Lathum can protect him. Tangle can scan me if he thinks I'm bad.

But I'm sure lynching Anxiety will prove my worth even if it's the only time...it wasn't a hallucination, I'm sure it wasn't, the walls don't talk to me -- that much anymore.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #566
path12
Coordinator

Damnit! My purple was having fun with the parakeet, too. Damnit!

Go good guys!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #567
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hey if Tangle is the seer; then Lathum can protect him. Tangle can scan me if he thinks I'm bad.

But I'm sure lynching Anxiety will prove my worth even if it's the only time...it wasn't a hallucination, I'm sure it wasn't, the walls don't talk to me -- that much anymore.
I think it should be obvious who I am protecting tonight....
Old 05-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #568
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it should be obvious who I am protecting tonight....

What if he isn't the seer though?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #569
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just got back, my ACD meeting ran really long.

I have difficulty understanding why people think I am lying about being Hung Li, 333, and nothing else. If there are 14 people in this fest, and we already apparently know the roles of virtually everybody, then what is left but for me to be normal or a Thing?

I wish there was some way I could convince you of my sincerity. I am not skilled enough to say whatever it is that others have said to turn attention away.

All I can say, is to Blade: you went after Barkeep on day one because you thought he was lying when he said he was roleless. On a later day, you admitted that was a mistake. Why use that same information as motivation today? I role-revealed that I was nothing because I thought Barkeep and Cronin were on the up and up when they said they were nothing and I didn't want either of them lynched because of people thought there weren't any regular people. Obviously I was wrong about cronin, but I still think Barkeep is legit and I rolled with your logic, Blade, in that assumption. I still don't think you are a thing though, just misguided.

It's probably bad strategy, but I can't blame ya for pointing out something that you think is suspicious, because that is the name of the game, even if it ends up in me dying.

I guess I shouldn't care so much. After all, if you kill me, but the villagers still win, that means I won too, right?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #570
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Answering a few questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep #543
Tangle: You are saying that there were 3 starting bad guys in this small of a field and further you managed to hit upon 2 of them in your first three nights? Perhaps there is an alternative explanation, dealing with the fact that, you know, you're crazy?

Night 1 I just picked a random 'big player' so to speak, one who was experienced and generally plays WW well. It is always valuable to clear these guys as early as possible. Night 2, Blade made the tying vote switch, so he is an easy one to check. Night 3, Schmidty had voted for me twice in a row without any substantial reasoning to back it up and was questioning whether Cronin post-lynch was actually bad despite everyone else knowing he was right until Cronin admitted himself he was. I think they were all reasonable choices. They just happened to come up 2 out of 3 bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep #549
I missed this when I first responded. So my expressing that I was a normal villager was not enough, which I did in post 547? Fine.
"I am not a maniac."
"I am not the ruler of Spain."
"I am not a professional baseball player."
"I am not a prescription pill."
"I am not a Sagitarius"

I would be happy, upon request, to state anything else I am not. I AM just a vanilla villager.

Blade's view PM came back something like:

"blahblahblahblah Blade's role blahblahblah

Blade is NOT a maniac."

Barkeep's view PM and Schmidty's view PM did not have any such sentence at the end. That is what I was referring to when I said only Blade's view explicity stated he was not a maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot #550
I'm telling you Barkeep and Blade are clean. Anxiety is bad, and Tangle is bad too.

This is my moment of lucidity.

Blade is 100% clean. Barkeep is 90% a maniac. Anxiety, I have no idea, but I did find his late switch to a seemingly condemned Barkeep suspicious (especially if Barkeep does come up maniac, perhaps a fellow maniac trying to get on a bad guy lynch?) and if Qwik's witness role is correct then that just adds further weight to it. I am of course not a maniac, but would be happy to relieve any questions you have suggesting why you think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls #558
I think it's pretty clear that we are close to lynching another baddie today.

Saldana didn't like St. C (bad), barkeep (?), or blade (?)
lathum (bodyguard) protected blade, dubb, schmidty
tanglewood (seer) viewed blade (bad?), barkeep (good?), and Schmidty (bad?)
qwik flat out says blade (good) barkeep (good) and Anxiety (bad) Tangle (bad)

sides are forming right now and I think we gain no matter what happens today. if you hit a normal person then we've outted the other side, if we hit a manaic then it looks like we've got the rest of their team...

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

You have my views wrong, Blade is 100% good, Barkeep and Schmidty are 90% likely to be bad. I am not taking sides with anyone in particular, other than perhaps Blade. The main reason I voted with him for Cronin yesterday was because at that time I had just seen him and confirmed him as good.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #571
Tyrith
College Starter

Between Tangle and what I've been doing so far, I don't really have a better candidate at this point. Third day in a row, yet again subject to change:

Vote Barkeep
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

for now

VOTE BARKEEP

if he is clean we go for anxiety tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #573
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-
I'll be leaving for work soon and will not be back untill well past the deadline.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #574
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I know it is starting to look like a bandwagon, but I absolutely have to explore the link between Barkeep and Cronin. Anxiety would be a good bet at this point too, as I believe they could both be bad or playing a role that is against the team. With that said...

VOTE BARKEEP

If Qwik would be able to tell me how exactly how he knows for a fact that Tangle is bad I'll change my vote. But I can safely say there is no way this end game strat from the maniacs and it makes no sense to come out "seer" now if he isn't in fact a seer. If we assume they have 1-2 left, why would Tangle sacrifice himself? Only thing I can see is if he was the turncoat, but still that only makes sense in end game strat, which I can't see this being.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #575
Schmidty
Coordinator

So somehow I'm a suspect now????

I have no special abilities that are useful, although I do have a crappy one. My only "special" ability is that once I vote, I'm not allowed to change it. That's it.

If you guys want to go on a viewing from tanglewood that didn't say anything because Lathum was apparantly protecting me, then go ahead. I voted twice because, as I said before, I had nothing else to go on. Maybe he's pissed at me for that, I don't know.

Anyway, listen to the dubious "evidence" that tanglewood is skewing, or go after an actual wolf. It's your choice.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #576
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Barkeep and Schmidty are 90% likely to be bad.

WTF dude? Where's your evidence? You viewed me and saw nothing. The night you viewed me I was protected by Lathum. How does that make me a wolf? Put two and two together.

Assumptions are fine, but to hide those assumptions in a cloud of extremely weak evidence is a very bad idea.

I have no idea if you're bad, but I know I'm not and you're accusing me. Either you're just making a huge mistake, or you're a wolf. I have no idea which is true, but I assume it's the former.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #577
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I see nothing.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #578
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Go with Anxiety, he's a maniac. There has never been more of a sure thing in this world.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #579
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm going out tonight, and I won't be back till after nine, my vote stands, I may be erratic but this much I know is true.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #580
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm going out tonight, and I won't be back till after nine, my vote stands, I may be erratic but this much I know is true.

I know you may not be back, but what proof do you have that tangle is in with him b/c you made the claim that tangle was bad. If you have any proof of that I'd love to hear it. There is no point in wasting a vote.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #581
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Actually, I'll say this...and in a way I'm giving up my life for doing it.

The reason I know Tangle is lying is because I am the seer!

I scanned Blade the first night and found him to be clean, but he was scared and hiding something.

2nd night I scanned Saldana, but I didn't see anything, the reason being, he was being murdered.

Last night, I scanned Anxiety, sure enough maniac.

Now I know that it would be unfair for the patients to have two seers, but I know that maybe one is evil and trying to find the seer.

So I would say with 100% that Anxiety is a maniac.
I would say that Tangle is a maniac because I'm the seer.
Lathum seems to be with them, but I have not scanned him or Tangle, and after tonight I'll probably be dead, but I would go with them.

Believe it what you will, there is no way to prove my abilities till after the game is over, I realized that if I died tonight without saying I was the seer that no one would know I was the seer.

I think if we get all these guys we end the game and the mysterious and evil doctor is dead.

That's it, I'm out. Believe me or not.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #582
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And if you do have inside information now is the time b/c they only have 1-2 tops |eft at this point.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #583
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Lathum seems to be with them, but I have not scanned him or Tangle, and after tonight I'll probably be dead, but I would go with them.

I'm nearly 100% confident that |athum isn't in with them, as no other bodyguard has come forward and his actions speek for themselves.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #584
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

UNVOTE BARKEEP

Anyone get a feeling that someone read into my words yesterday and actually believed that Saldana was the seer?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #585
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I'm nearly 100% confident that |athum isn't in with them, as no other bodyguard has come forward and his actions speek for themselves.

Well then he's duped into supporting them, if he is the bodyguard, he's protecting tangle who is bad.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #586
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

In fact, if I to post a circle of trust it would include...

Lathum
Blade
Myself
Old 05-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #587
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hey, I wanted to scan Tangle tonight, but when I saw the run on Barkeep I really didn't want to lose a villager, perhaps he was scanned and found to be valuable to our side. I figured logically speaking there can't be more than 3.

St. Cronin, Anxiety, and Tangle.

I think that's all of them.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #588
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I wanted to scan Tangle tonight, but when I saw the run on Barkeep I really didn't want to lose a villager

How do you know Barkeep is a villager? He is linked to Cronin and you haven't scanned him yet.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #589
Tyrith
College Starter

At this point, Barkeep doesn't seem to be the biggest threat anymore. This seer mess has to be sorted out.

Unvote Barkeep
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #590
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
UNVOTE BARKEEP

Anyone get a feeling that someone read into my words yesterday and actually believed that Saldana was the seer?

I was stunned at how bold Tangle's declaration was, but I wanted to wait and see. But trust me, I'm the seer.

The best proof is to vote Anxiety, then Tangle.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #591
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
How do you know Barkeep is a villager? He is linked to Cronin and you haven't scanned him yet.

How many baddies do we think there are? Four or five? Hell of a lot....I didn't know if Barkeep was clear or not, but I knew who wasn't.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #592
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
At this point, Barkeep doesn't seem to be the biggest threat anymore. This seer mess has to be sorted out.

Unvote Barkeep

I actually think Qwik makes more sense, atleast he has information instead of no evidence and just assumptions. I've never know a seer role to not actually tell you what 2 seperate guys roles are.

Also, Lathum protected Schmidty last night and said he stayed in his room. And what are the odds of hitting 2 baddies in 3 days?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #593
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE ANXIETY

I like the evidence against him the best at this point. Qwik seems more knowledgable than Tangle and the seer role gives you knowledge. Also, he was right up there with Barkeep on my suspect list.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #594
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I just knew that if I didn't reveal it would be that much harder to differentiate and when you guys weren't taking to my lead, I just decided this was the last resort before we were all lead down the wrong path.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #595
Tyrith
College Starter

I think covering over the top as the fake seer second is just way too risky for anyone to actually do it, and I don't like Tangle's analysis at all.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #596
Blade6119
Coordinator

[quote=tanglewood]Blade's view PM came back something like:

Blade is NOT a maniac."[quote]
Tell me my role then tangle...if you get it right, ill vote barkeep. As of now, im 90% sure anxiety will get my vote and you will follow.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #597
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm outta here folks, so I won't be able to defend any arguments. I have a feeling that Anxiety will be cut loose by the maniacs, and I'm curious to hear Tangle's defense. If there is a bodyguard still alive tonight, please protect me, and at the groups' request I'll scan either Barkeep or someone else.

100% sure maniac: Anxiety and Tangle
100% clear: Blade
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #598
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I just knew that if I didn't reveal it would be that much harder to differentiate and when you guys weren't taking to my lead, I just decided this was the last resort before we were all lead down the wrong path.
You should have waited till i showed up, i wouldnt have let barkeep be tested
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #599
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Blade's view PM came back something like:

Blade is NOT a maniac."
Tell me my role then tangle...if you get it right, ill vote barkeep. As of now, im 90% sure anxiety will get my vote and you will follow.
Fixed so tangle can see it
Demotivation
Old 05-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #600
Blade6119
Coordinator

qwikshot, what reason is given for your placement in this asylum? Tangle can answer as well
Demotivation