Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #301
Blade6119
Coordinator

No one else finds it odd chubby put only CW in the brig, when he could put 4 in, and chose not to put the doctor in?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #302
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure odd is the word, but it seems suboptimal. There are a lot of strategies with the brig, but none of them I had considered last game involved only one person in holding.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #303
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm not sure odd is the word, but it seems suboptimal. There are a lot of strategies with the brig, but none of them I had considered last game involved only one person in holding.

Yea, last time the brig screwed me. I think I put two or three spawn in with the doctor. LMAO.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #304
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Yea, last time the brig screwed me. I think I put two or three spawn in with the doctor. LMAO.
I was the warden last time around...no?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #305
Schmidty
Coordinator

Maybe Chubby didn't fully understand his abilities regarding the brig?

Other than that, his choice is beyond odd - It's highly suspicious.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #306
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I was the warden last time around...no?

Yea, but I was an officer and I think I over rode you or you were dead.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #307
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey. I've been probed. My ass still hurts from it. I'm clean.

However, I do agree. I would have put both myself and the doctor - the two people I can trust - under protection.

More than that? I dunno.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #308
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, but he put in an order before you did one night and dropped a pair of spawn in with Dr. Vince.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #309
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, but he put in an order before you did one night and dropped a pair of spawn in with Dr. Vince.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops. Site looked like it was frozen. Nothing like double-posting info that is already listed three posts up.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #311
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well with 15 minutes to go we have a neck and neck race

Cubby (1) - Blade
Blade (1) - Bullet

Not voted or let known intention: Hoopsguy, Talgian, Tyrith
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #312
Bek
High School JV

ok back earlier from work and here is my assesment of what has gone on since we left...the away missions went well...i dont neccesarily think a spawn was in the first mission i just think that we came back dissappointed that we didnt find out more....from the result of the second we now see that maybe the first away team did help out more then they had originally thought...also i find it suspiucous at this moment in time that only one person is in the brig...would make sense to me that we have as many people in there as possible...and for my final thought i dont know why blade is so gungho(spelling) about killing someone the first night with such a high percentage of killing a good guy...i feel confident with the doc making his scans at this moment...still keeping my vote as is
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #313
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Even though it statistically makes sense to kill someone, I'm not going to.

No Vote

I'm going to say this a lot between now and tomorrow, but we need to inspect Bek or Blade the second the next cycle starts so I can promote them. We need rested security personnel tomorrow. We may have to shift around who has phasers to make sure the most rested people have them.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #314
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
My feeling is the people who can use them to protect need them, even if they don't all have the AP left to use them. My reasoning being, if I were to die tonight, the phasers would be in the right hands tomorrow.

I think it is definitely the right move to get them handed out on the first day. Now, if the security HQ gets damaged, they will be locked out rather than in.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #315
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As the day turns into night the partying from the successful away mission continues. Most people are lucky if they see 1 unit of Crystlium in a lifetime, and here the entire crew has feteched much more then that in only one day. The crew is in a good mood and so there is no real thought of executing someone in the hopes of finding out that they are a Spawn. Instead most of the crew settles into their nightly routine.

Night actions due to me by 10:30 AM Eastern

Final Vote Tally:

Cubby (1) - Blade
Blade (1) - Bullet

Not voted or let known intention: Hoopsguy, Tyrith

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-11-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #316
Bek
High School JV

*yawn* after a long day on the mission my legs are sore....i knew i shouldve worked out more before taking this job...well of to the showers for me, then to hit the sack
Old 07-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #317
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49

Cubby (1) - Blade

Heh. Cubby.

Hopefully that sticks.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #318
Bek
High School JV

*rolls over in his sleep*

thought i heard a cricket
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 AM   #319
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ummm, I didn't realize it would be best to put the doctor in the brig as well. Guess I didn't understand what to do Saw Superman so I wasn't online or anything. I didn't want to ask specifically who would be best but obviously, I'm open to suggestions as to who should be protected. I picked CW because he was scanned and was clean, is it guarenteed the doctor starts off good?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #320
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Ummm, I didn't realize it would be best to put the doctor in the brig as well. Guess I didn't understand what to do Saw Superman so I wasn't online or anything. I didn't want to ask specifically who would be best but obviously, I'm open to suggestions as to who should be protected. I picked CW because he was scanned and was clean, is it guarenteed the doctor starts off good?

its not guarnteed that the doc is good but its a crucial role for us as everyday we can have him scan a crewmember and he will be able to clear him or codemn him...either way we need to keep him around for as long as possible...
Old 07-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #321
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
its not guarnteed that the doc is good but its a crucial role for us as everyday we can have him scan a crewmember and he will be able to clear him or codemn him...either way we need to keep him around for as long as possible...

K. (tho I still feel stupid). Again, the reason I only went with CW was because he was the only one I knew to be good and he's important to the success of our away teams I think. Off to bed regardless
Old 07-12-2006, 12:29 AM   #322
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
K. (tho I still feel stupid). Again, the reason I only went with CW was because he was the only one I knew to be good and he's important to the success of our away teams I think. Off to bed regardless

its ok...we all make mistakes...just dont make another one...jk
Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #323
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just to be clear: You don't have to tell me if you're simply going to sleep. That is what I assume you are going to do unless I hear otherwise.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:14 AM   #324
Fouts
College Starter

I need a shower, I got Crystlium all over me.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #325
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

have a bad feeling i might wake up dead in the morning
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #326
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh, we have two people on vacation this week at work and we just fired an opener for attendence issues. That means I get to work noon - 10:30pm today This is of course AFTER I drive an hour and a half back to Syracuse (at the girlfriend's house so I can get some boxes to move a little at a time).

I'm going to try and stop home before heading to work if I can to see the results of the night. Just in case...

No Vote

and I've sent in a preliminary day action just in case I can't get to it later
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #327
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Why 10:30?? why???

I needed some excitement to read before my morning meetings!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #328
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After the day’s excitement most of the crew settles in for a good night’s sleep. However, some of the crew is busy. Raiders Army is seen standing around the Cargo Hold. Similarly, Swaggs seems quite bored near the Slave Pens. Meanwhile, across the ship, Chubby moves around the Security HQs. At least according to kingfc22 who was stationed in the Water Plant.

In the morning the entire the entire crew assembles in the mess hell. The refrain heard at nearly every table at least once: “If the Spawn don’t do something we could easily get off this dump of a planet today!”

Ship’s Status

Room Reports
Engineering – Fully Operational
Water Plant – Fully Operational
Cargo Hold - Fully Operational (Maximum Capacity: 85 units)
Water Supply – 38 units
Crystilium Supply – 47 units
Security Headquarters Fully Operational
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 5 phasers

Slave Pens – Fully Operational
Sleeping Quarters – Fully Operational

Crew Status

Command Staff
Captain - KWhit
First Officer - sndvls
Second Officer - Talgian
Security Chief - Tyrith
Ensign - Schmidty

Engineers
Qwikshot
Anxiety
Hoopsguy
Exhuasted
Path

Medical Staff
Doctor - bulletsponge

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - dubb93
Warden – Chubby Exhausted
Galley Master - Raiders Army Exhausted
Slavemaster – Swaggs Exhausted
Security Crewman - kingfc22 Exhausted

Scientists
Coffee Warlord
Fouts

Privates
Blade6119
Bek

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

All away teams missions due by 6, voting deadline is 10:30
Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #329
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I do believe it's mining time, kids!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #330
path12
Coordinator

Do we look at the same basic teams going out as yesterday (minus the exhausted folk of course) in order to minimize possible infection?

I still volunteer my services as needed.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

Figure I should answer the question before it is asked: I selected the Stay Awake option last night, which is the reason that I'm exhausted today.

With everything fully operational today I would be happy to participate on an Away Team. In terms of Away Team strategy, how do people feel about running the same teams out there again and perhaps having a 3rd team go on an unplanned trip? If Team #1 struggles again we probably take a harder look at their membership. If Team #2 is golden again, we probably have reason to continue to feel good about those people. Team #3 would just be to see if we can get lucky with extra resources that would allow us to leave the planet earlier.

Obviously there is risk/reward with increasing the number of Away Teams in terms of spawnling exposure, but if we are hoping to get off the planet today we probably need to give ourselves the best possible chance. I don't think we can count on the jackpot results we got yesterday two times in a row.

I'm going to have somewhat limited access to FOFC today, but will try to keep up during the day and be ready to participate in the evening.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #332
SnDvls
Pro Starter

HOOPS - why did you decide to stay awake?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #333
path12
Coordinator

Last game, how much was an average haul of Crystilium? I get that yesterday was huge, but what is an expected amount?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #334
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Part of the good thing about my job is it's weather dependant. On my drive back to Syracuse work called and said to not come in until 2pm WOOT! So i'll be around for a little bit.

Good to see everything operational still! Am I correct in seeing nobody was killed last night???
Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #335
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls - I figured there was a reasonable chance of being a conversion target last night. And that being exhausted was not going to hinder my ability to repair something today. Given that my day role involves either a repair or an away mission, I felt like there wasn't a whole lot of downside to being exhausted.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #336
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
SnDvls - I figured there was a reasonable chance of being a conversion target last night. And that being exhausted was not going to hinder my ability to repair something today. Given that my day role involves either a repair or an away mission, I felt like there wasn't a whole lot of downside to being exhausted.

okay thanks
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #337
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Okay, here's what I suggest.

Put the mining team from yesterday out for another run. They have the more important task.

Put my team out for another exploration run, and let's see what happens. If we get another interference result, I think we can make a strong case for someone in my away team being a Spawn.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #338
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As people wake up and generally await some direction about what to do, Chubby chooses to tell bulletsponge and Coffee Warlord that they will be spending the night in the brig, pending futher instructions from the Command Staff.

I am making a slight change to the rules from last Spawn game regarding the Warden's and Sergeant-at-Arm's power. Last game once the list was posted that was it. Now, however, while the Warden/S-a-A can't change the list, an Officer can order additions or subtractions to the list anytime before the start of the night cycle.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #339
Bek
High School JV

is anyone one else confused with chubby's move to put only two people into the brig???...i think we would try to keep as many people safe as possible...i could see that we wouldnt want to risk putting a spawn in there with them but...also last night i was thinking about it and i dont believe that a scan on me or blade would be the smartest move....we need to clear the more important public roles first...im fine with being scanned...but i think in order to win this we need to clear those who have the power and control others decisions
Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #340
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Okay, here's what I suggest.

Put the mining team from yesterday out for another run. They have the more important task.

Put my team out for another exploration run, and let's see what happens. If we get another interference result, I think we can make a strong case for someone in my away team being a Spawn.

yeah...another walk on that barren planet...woopie...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #341
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Hmm, well, that was an interesting night. Here is the problem as I see it. We will be at more risk tonight than last night. However, most of the guards are exhausted, and therefore practically useless as guards. Therefore I propose the following:

1. Bullet scans bek or blade.
2. If he scans clean, I promote him to security crewman, giving us someone rested to guard tonight.
3. In terms of away missions, I suggest using two teams of as many of the same people as possible, presuming they aren't exhausted.

Team A:
Schmidty leads
Coffee Warlord
Anxiety
Bek or Blade, whoever isn't scanned by the doc
Path

Team B:
Tyrith Leads (the only non-exhaused/busy officer left)
Fouts
Slaves (swaggs is exhausted).

4. As soon as the slaves gets back, we kill them. They are too much of a risk, and we are going to be stretched too thin guarding tonight anyway.

Just some thoughts to get the ball rolling.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #342
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Someone promoted today does not become their promoted position until Day 3.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #343
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
is anyone one else confused with chubby's move to put only two people into the brig???...i think we would try to keep as many people safe as possible...i could see that we wouldnt want to risk putting a spawn in there with them but...also last night i was thinking about it and i dont believe that a scan on me or blade would be the smartest move....we need to clear the more important public roles first...im fine with being scanned...but i think in order to win this we need to clear those who have the power and control others decisions

I don't want to put a spawn in there, I want to keep the people I KNOW to be on my side safe (and since everyone seems to think the doctor is a good choice I added him). I'm assuming someone gets scanned so that person can now get added to the list as well, I don't want to add someone to the list and have that prevent them from doing something important at night.

Again, if anyone has a case for people to be added to the brig please tell me. I'm not going to throw random people in there when I don't see a benefit to it.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #344
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I find that brig decision worrisome, considering in all likelihood Coffee Warlord, being a scientist, will leave the ship today, exposing himself to more spawny evil.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #345
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
I don't want to put a spawn in there, I want to keep the people I KNOW to be on my side safe (and since everyone seems to think the doctor is a good choice I added him). I'm assuming someone gets scanned so that person can now get added to the list as well, I don't want to add someone to the list and have that prevent them from doing something important at night.

Again, if anyone has a case for people to be added to the brig please tell me. I'm not going to throw random people in there when I don't see a benefit to it.

ok, point noted...i believe whomever is scanned today should be put in there, this only if they are good
Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #346
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, can you find an area in the rules regarding Away Teams that indicates exhaustion carrying a penalty for either results or greater risk of conversion? I just double-checked them now, after having looked last night as well, and I don't see anything that reads like this in Post #3. The closest I can find is under the description for Exhaustion:

Quote:
Further some actions may have a slight chance of failure if you are exhausted.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #347
Bek
High School JV

Talgian, why are you so ademnt on scanning me or blade???...i see your train of thought, but wouldnt you rather want someone that has a more crucial role than me...like idk...anyone...to be cleared...at this point im on the same level as a slave...the only thing going for me is that i can get a promotion, and if i was promoted i wouldnt be able to guard until night three which would be when all of the people that guarded last night would be able to do it again
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #348
Bek
High School JV

ok i have to ask...anyone have any thoughts about why the spawn didnt attempt an attack last night???...or do you think they did and just failed
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #349
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
ok, point noted...i believe whomever is scanned today should be put in there, this only if they are good

I agree. I had to send in my action last night in case I wasn't able to get online today before work (I didn't know I'd be called and told to come in 2 hours later than planned)
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #350
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
I agree. I had to send in my action last night in case I wasn't able to get online today before work (I didn't know I'd be called and told to come in 2 hours later than planned)

glad we are on the same page...