General Manager

Awesome.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #702
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thats it, I quit! No excuse for such mistakes.

just kidding
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #703
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll count the unvote:

9 - DaddyTorgo - Lathum (339), LoneStarGirl (538), PackerFanatic (556), mccollins (605), claphamsa (946), SnDvls (659), Mrs. Schmidty (676), Alan T (686), saldana (691)
6 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (250), KWhit (278), Barkeep (283), RendeR (294), Danny (431), Telle (650)
1 - Mrs. Schmidty - EagleFan (362)
1 - EagleFan - Schmidty (394)
1 - OlieGirl - Passacaglia (270)
1 - saldana - Chief Rum (594)

no vote: GoldenEagle, oliegirl

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #704
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
UNVOTE MRS SCHMIDTY
VOTE HOOPSGUY

I'm still not convinced Mrs S isn't a wolf, but Hoops calling me out when I had a vote on Mrs S reeks of the exact same mistake that Alan made in the last game and he was a wolf. Once bitten, twice shy...

I'm assuming you meant to vote for DaddyTorgo here.. and my calling you out last game wasn't really a mistake.. but that's a conversation for another time
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #705
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

olie - i got you confused with LSG....my bad. same XX chromosomes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #706
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

It's ok.. she doesn't have much room to talk since she got you confused with Hoopsguy

Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #707
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:

Well, we are even then b/c I got you confused with Hoops, which I do all the freaking time! I have the same problem with Critch/Cringer/Crim

VOTE DADDYTORGO
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #708
RendeR
Coordinator

Looks like this is pretty well set as it is. Going to be very interesting if DT turns out to be a good guy. Going to be looking very closely at those who started the move to DT as they then apear to have saved Lathum.

I'm not going to bother moving my vote at this point. doesn't seem to look like it will matter...
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #709
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like something along the lines of 5 votes in a row on DT.. quite a run that I don't like the feel of.. Right now I'm feeling about the same regarding DT and Lathum, both of whom have either revealed or threatened to reveal in a way that just seems to help the wolves more than us..

Unvote DaddyTorgo
Vote Lathum
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #710
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's okay oliegirl - i'll still always love you
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #711
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's not set yet render. there's still hope for me.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #712
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like something along the lines of 5 votes in a row on DT.. quite a run that I don't like the feel of.. Right now I'm feeling about the same regarding DT and Lathum, both of whom have either revealed or threatened to reveal in a way that just seems to help the wolves more than us..

Unvote DaddyTorgo
Vote Lathum

alan, do you really think that all the wolves would make the same move within one page of one another...i think it more likely you are seeing voting based on a days worth of posts as opposed to votes based on a couple hours and only a few peoples thoughts.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #713
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Unvote DaddyTorgo
Vote Lathum

This is a very interesting switch. How many times have you changed your vote now? In #326, you voted for saldana, in #686 you switched to Daddy Torgo and now you are voting for Lathum because there has been a run on him. Curious voting pattern.

Aren't you suppose to be doing some sort of reveal as well?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #714
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
alan, do you really think that all the wolves would make the same move within one page of one another...i think it more likely you are seeing voting based on a days worth of posts as opposed to votes based on a couple hours and only a few peoples thoughts.

Then it wouldn't really hurt much to keep it close either way would it?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #715
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
This is a very interesting switch. How many times have you changed your vote now? In #326, you voted for saldana, in #686 you switched to Daddy Torgo and now you are voting for Lathum because there has been a run on him. Curious voting pattern.

Aren't you suppose to be doing some sort of reveal as well?

I could change it again and vote for you instead, but I don't think it would have much traction! I like where my vote is currently (at least for the next 5 minutes).
Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #716
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
both of whom have either revealed or threatened to reveal in a way that just seems to help the wolves more than us..

can you elaborate on exactly how my reveal helps the wolves?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #717
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
can you elaborate on exactly how my reveal helps the wolves?

I already covered it previously.I would go back and dig up the posts from the last time I was asked, but I'm being lazy today.

Summary notes though is once again there was no reason for someone who was going to be around this morning to reveal a little less than a day before the deadline if you're a role that often is concerned that once the wolves know who you are your life is short lived.

A reveal that early feels more a part of a plan than anything else to try to see what subtle reactions you might get from others that might clue you off on hints.. but primarily in a game like this it feels more like a calculated wolf play since with 2 seers, no other real seer is going to come out to oppose you, they just as likely might just assume you are the other one opposite of them.

I already said a few times that I didn't like how or when you revealed, and I also don't like the way DT has played his reveal.. and right now both feel somewhat fake to me.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #718
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Has DT fully revealed or just threatened to do so?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #719
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I already covered it previously.I would go back and dig up the posts from the last time I was asked, but I'm being lazy today.

Summary notes though is once again there was no reason for someone who was going to be around this morning to reveal a little less than a day before the deadline if you're a role that often is concerned that once the wolves know who you are your life is short lived.

A reveal that early feels more a part of a plan than anything else to try to see what subtle reactions you might get from others that might clue you off on hints.. but primarily in a game like this it feels more like a calculated wolf play since with 2 seers, no other real seer is going to come out to oppose you, they just as likely might just assume you are the other one opposite of them.

I already said a few times that I didn't like how or when you revealed, and I also don't like the way DT has played his reveal.. and right now both feel somewhat fake to me.

Did DT reveal, or are you just talking about how he has been talking ABOUT revealing?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #720
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Has DT fully revealed or just threatened to do so?

Creepy, BK - really creepy.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #721
Telle
College Starter

I haven't seen a reveal yet.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #722
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and I said I revealed early because

1. It thought there would be more votes on me by morning and it would be harder to turn hings around

2. I had a dentist apointment today and didn't know how much I would be around
Old 06-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #723
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Did DT reveal, or are you just talking about how he has been talking ABOUT revealing?

Just about how he had been hinting about it to start the game, was called out on that by a few people .. he cooled it off and then once he got heat later he threatened to reveal, and then came out with some lame response... then when pressed on that he asked if he should reveal...

Yeah something about that just felt forced... at this point if he isn't a wolf, the wolves already had their eyes on him for at some point to target if he hasn't gotten himself lynched... but feels more likely a wolf who initially was setting up for a later fake reveal that got called out on it too early.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #724
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and I said I revealed early because

1. It thought there would be more votes on me by morning and it would be harder to turn hings around

2. I had a dentist apointment today and didn't know how much I would be around

The first of which several people disagreed with you upon, as we all have seen there are quite a few people around between noon and 3pm for these mid-afternoon games who can move their vote if need be.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #725
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

DaddyTorgo has been all over the place in this game. He has been talking about everything from Carson Palmer to his job in real life. He has also been accusing just about everyone in the game of being a wolf:

#198: Questions if Barkeep was picked
#230: Brings up Lathum based on Kwhit's theory
#293:He mentions SnDevils as a wolf candidate
#341: In this post, he mentions me as a "nasty wolf" and also mentions saldana
#379: Suggests Render and Lathum could be creating friction as wolves

The funny thing is, he is stopped this practice once his name has been brought up. In fact, he could have maybe swung some of his votes to Mrs.
Schmidty who at the time was a viable candidate to be lynched. But he went out of his way to defend her (post 654).

I am not convinced DT is a wolf. I think Mrs. Schmidty is the best choice at this time. But I am tacking my vote on to DT.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #726
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The first of which several people disagreed with you upon, as we all have seen there are quite a few people around between noon and 3pm for these mid-afternoon games who can move their vote if need be.

but I wasn't going to be around between 12:00-3:00!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #727
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

of course i've been all over the place. that's my MO early in games to try to stir up some activity. and why move to Mrs. S when i feel it's more likely lathum is a wolf, and i'm 100% convinced he's the right lynch candidate anyways?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #728
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Just about how he had been hinting about it to start the game, was called out on that by a few people .. he cooled it off and then once he got heat later he threatened to reveal, and then came out with some lame response... then when pressed on that he asked if he should reveal...

Yeah something about that just felt forced... at this point if he isn't a wolf, the wolves already had their eyes on him for at some point to target if he hasn't gotten himself lynched... but feels more likely a wolf who initially was setting up for a later fake reveal that got called out on it too early.

I know you're lazy, but can you point me to where he hinted about it to start the game? Lathum said the same thing about DT, but when I asked him to explain what he meant, I wasn't satisfied with his answer. Or are you just thinking he hinted about it based on Lathum's say-so?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GE - not convinced i'm a wolf or even the best candidate and yet you're voting for me anyways?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #730
Telle
College Starter

Well DT, it's getting down to the wire. You have a three vote lead. Do you actually have a reveal to make?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but I wasn't going to be around between 12:00-3:00!

You were around this morning. Even if you hadn't gotten back by 3 a reveal this morning would have been plenty of time prior to the deadline with plenty of people around who could have moved their votes today.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #732
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I know you're lazy, but can you point me to where he hinted about it to start the game? Lathum said the same thing about DT, but when I asked him to explain what he meant, I wasn't satisfied with his answer. Or are you just thinking he hinted about it based on Lathum's say-so?

Primarily was talking about DaddyTorgo's posts that initially were in response to me that he very clearly singled out his desire to work out things that could benefit the seer/fake seer to do their role better.

By itself not really a big deal and I would have probably ignored it moreso.. but considering he 1) Did something similar as a wolf before to fake reveal.. and 2) later on did his reveal threats then dropped them then asked again later about revealing .. it just brought back up his original comments in a different light.

If DT is not a wolf and I was a wolf, I definitely would have taken notice of his comments the entire day and gone for him as a night target if he hadn't drawn much heat today.. His comments today seemed more interested in making sure everyone knew he had a role without committing to it.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #733
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You were around this morning. Even if you hadn't gotten back by 3 a reveal this morning would have been plenty of time prior to the deadline with plenty of people around who could have moved their votes today.

Alan, I think it based on the dynamics of the game that it's important for me to be around to discuss my reveal.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #734
st.cronin
General Manager

Roughly 15 minutes to deadline:

10 - DaddyTorgo - Lathum (339), LoneStarGirl (538), PackerFanatic (556), mccollins (605), claphamsa (946), SnDvls (659), Mrs. Schmidty (676), saldana (691), oliegirl (707), GoldenEagle (725)
7 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (250), KWhit (278), Barkeep (283), RendeR (294), Danny (431), Telle (650), Alan T (709)
1 - Mrs. Schmidty - EagleFan (362)
1 - EagleFan - Schmidty (394)
1 - OlieGirl - Passacaglia (270)
1 - saldana - Chief Rum (594)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #735
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I think it based on the dynamics of the game that it's important for me to be around to discuss my reveal.

Fair enough I guess, but your discussing of your reveal hasn't been that convincing to me so far.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #736
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

omg...i never hinted that i was the damn seer!!!

just because i was talking about optimal seer strategy now that makes me the seer? that's pretty nebulous.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #737
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
omg...i never hinted that i was the damn seer!!!

just because i was talking about optimal seer strategy now that makes me the seer? that's pretty nebulous.

I guess you missed when Lathum thought you were hinting about being the seer because you said "seer/fake seer" then "seer" later in the same post.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #738
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If this vote were close I'd probably switch to DT. As it seems like he's going to get it anyway...
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #739
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'd really rather not reveal

*sigh*
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #740
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Either of those two ways, yes we are down 1 villager, but since we are likely to lynch a villager on D1 anyways, getting rid of someone with the ability to confuse and disorient us (whether on purpose or not) is not that large a negative.

Quote:
of course i've been all over the place. that's my MO early in games to try to stir up some activity.

DT, I think it is funny that you say it is a good thing to get rid of someone that has the ability to confuse us, yet your MO is to stir up activity day one, which also creates confusion.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #741
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah but that's a pretty weak "hint"
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #742
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i dropped a nice juicy hint to my role earlier. guess i have nothing to lose now though. Just means I'm going to be dancing with the wolves all game for as long as I survive trying to out-think when they target me versus when I can protect myself.

I'm the bodyguard okay?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #743
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

blah
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #744
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GE - not convinced i'm a wolf or even the best candidate and yet you're voting for me anyways?

Yes. It is the dynamics of this game. In my opinion, villagers should at most vote for only two people a day. That would be ideal.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #745
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
If this vote were close I'd probably switch to DT. As it seems like he's going to get it anyway...

Not necessarily.

UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE LATHUM
Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #746
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Fair enough I guess, but your discussing of your reveal hasn't been that convincing to me so far.

day 1 startements like this make me laugh and piss me off a little.

How exactly can I be more convincing with no voting records, etc...?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #747
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Yes. It is the dynamics of this game. In my opinion, villagers should at most vote for only two people a day. That would be ideal.
I think this becomes more true after we get the cunning wolf. As it is they have complete kill freedom with the cunning wolf.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #748
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
day 1 startements like this make me laugh and piss me off a little.

How exactly can I be more convincing with no voting records, etc...?

You could have started out the game with a post that had the word "see" in it 10 times.

that is a joke btw
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #749
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm thinking we're villager/villager here, with a lot of emotion catching us off-guard. I think a tie and no lynch is the best option.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #750
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm happy with the top two candidates and either one is a solid pick today. I'm leaving my vote on Lathum as iI think it's the best choice considering optimal draft strategy, but I don't trust DT as far as I can throw him.

"And with your bad knee, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody."
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote