Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #1051
RainMaker
General Manager

Nothing caught my eye either from E3. Elden Ring got a lot of buzz but looks like a Dark Souls type game which I hate.

But I really hate the new trend of showing a trailer and then announcing the game will be out maybe in a few years. How about showing me games we will see in the next few months?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #1052
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
ESO just hit PS5 today, and while I haven't played it before and it is quite old by today's standards, there is an itch to try it I'm thinking of scratching. Anyone played/still playing this?

I play it for a little bit when a new DLC comes out just to see what changes/new classes/etc, its worth checking out on the PS5 if you played any of the other ES games
Old 06-15-2021, 03:28 PM   #1053
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
But I really hate the new trend of showing a trailer and then announcing the game will be out maybe in a few years. How about showing me games we will see in the next few months?

I think Nintendo generally agrees with you. They try not to show trailers for games that aren't expected to be released before next E3
Old 06-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #1054
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New batch of PS5 consoles release later today.

PS5 restock: the PlayStation 5 is available through Sony later today - The Verge
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:30 PM   #1055
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
E3 took place this weekend, and looks like the games industry is thriving from all the buzz and trailers that were shown. Check out Gamespot's You Tube channel for a lot of the trailers and presentations. Two games that jumped out right away was a game based on the events of the Avatar movie and the continued development of Starfield. What stood out to you guys?

Starfield now has a release date-Nov 11 2022, which is exactly 11 years after Skyrim released. Doubt it keeps that date given game development these days, but still a nice tip of the hat to Skyrim
Old 06-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #1056
RainMaker
General Manager

The coil whine on the PS5 is brutal. Cutting corners on the PSU is going to mean these won't last too long. Kind of wish I had waited since they don't really have any games for it and don't seem to be much in the pipeline. But I was scared my OG PS4 was going to die.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #1057
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
The coil whine on the PS5 is brutal. Cutting corners on the PSU is going to mean these won't last too long. Kind of wish I had waited since they don't really have any games for it and don't seem to be much in the pipeline. But I was scared my OG PS4 was going to die.

They definitely cut some corners this generation. The SSD is way too small. The build quality on the controllers shipped with the systems wasn't as good as controllers purchased separately as well. Not sure if that's been resolved since the first couple months of shipments.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #1058
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The SSD size was most definitely due to costs, as those drives are expensive even on the retail market. Of course Sony hasn't activated the internal SSD slot yet. Though they have allowed you to store PS5 games on an external drive.

Just got Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Spider-Man Remastered from it. Looks fantastic. I know 60fps is great, but the Fidelity mode (full raytracing targeting 4k) at 30fps is get fantastic. Ratchet and Clank looks better (it is a solely PS5 game) but I got MM for $32 used and then spent $20 on the PS Store to upgrade it to get SM remastered.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2021, 10:00 PM   #1059
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well I feel like a dummy.. finally got game pass ultimate and it cost me all of a $1 for the next year due to the conversion of my XBL account.

Lots of games for Xbox and PC, plus EA Play.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-20-2021 at 10:00 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:12 AM   #1060
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Random fun thing in the batcave tonight: kid pack pulled Trout in MLB The Show. That's the holy grail card at the moment, that's something you don't have happen in a lifetime of gaming sometimes (the net has plenty of guys who've played every iteration of the game religiously and never pulled THE card)

Just fun to experience that moment (I had to remind him to not be so loud that he wakes his mother upstairs lol)
Old 06-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #1061
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is a fantastic little game I've been having a blast with.

Hero's Hour by ThingOnItsOwn
Old 06-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #1062
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Random fun thing in the batcave tonight: kid pack pulled Trout in MLB The Show. That's the holy grail card at the moment, that's something you don't have happen in a lifetime of gaming sometimes (the net has plenty of guys who've played every iteration of the game religiously and never pulled THE card)

Just fun to experience that moment (I had to remind him to not be so loud that he wakes his mother upstairs lol)

That's cool Jon. I remember back in the day when people pulled rare/expensive Magic The Gathering cards (never me of course) and went crazy over it. Congrats to him!
Old 06-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #1063
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
This is a fantastic little game I've been having a blast with.

Hero's Hour by ThingOnItsOwn

I see the gameplay video is from Nookrium. Probably means I'm going to like it-I put it on my wishlist and wait for it to come out on Steam.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #1064
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see the gameplay video is from Nookrium. Probably means I'm going to like it-I put it on my wishlist and wait for it to come out on Steam.

It was on sale for $4 so I picked it up after watching his video. It's a retro turned based/real time combat adventure game. (a bit like a Total War game where you can cast spells during combat and place your units)

You collect resources and build stuff at the towns you own. Simplistic on the surface, yet lots of strategy on whom to attack, what to build, etc..
Old 06-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #1065
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Same, looks interesting
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #1066
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Just tried out MLB the Show on the Xbox Cloud for PC. Played really well.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #1067
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It seems that Scott Cawthon the developer of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, has given money to Trump, Carson, McConnell and a lot of republicans and anti-LGBTQ+ groups. It was exposed on twitter and without anyone actually doing anything. Scott is whining that he's retiring before he gets cancelled.

Seriously fuck that guy.

Someone pointed out the irony that a large portion of his fanbase are LGBTQ+
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #1068
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

They are making a new 2D Metroid game. That should be fun.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #1069
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of The Show, with 2-3 months left in the life cycle of the game they've kinda broken it by releasing a near bazillion 97-99 (and I mean multiple 99s) rated cards. I don't have any clue where they really go for cards for the next few months, they've kinda hit the ceiling already.

That said, I will note that I'm sitting on a 98 rated Diamond Dynasty roster ... despite never having spent a dime on cards and never once playing a game online, just vs CPU. And I'll likely get the max XP reward for the current "Inning" (think "season" in gaming terms)

I mention that simply because it reinforces how relatively easily with The Show that even a very low skill gamer CAN easily card chase successfully to have a roster that's competitive with even the most talented hardcore gamers. We might not be competitive against those gamers but it wouldn't be because of inferior cards, just inferior joystick jockeying.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:49 PM   #1070
RainMaker
General Manager

Is RTTS playable? Was thinking of jumping into that but I've heard they haven't changed much in years.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:05 PM   #1071
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is RTTS playable? Was thinking of jumping into that but I've heard they haven't changed much in years.

Haven't touched it beyond creating a player (I think that's required to do much of anything), so I'm zero help on that.

The only thing I know about it otherwise is that some (a lot?) of Diamond Dynasty players aren't thrilled with the inclusion of people's create-a-player into that mode.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #1072
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have been playing MS Flight Sim on my pc but on the XSX it's much better on my 55" TV sitting on the couch. It's amazing they can deliver such a beautiful experience on a console and with a normal controller. It seems to run at a steady 30fps in 4k/HDR.

I'm also psyched to play The Ascent later tonight. Game pass is the greatest thing on the planet.
Old 08-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #1073
Edward64
Head Coach

Really looking forward to this. I hope it has a ton of replayability.

The Marvel XCOM game will reportedly let players make their own superheroes | VGC
Quote:
An unannounced Marvel title reportedly in development at XCOM studio Firaxis will not include existing Marvel characters and instead allow players to create their own.

That’s according to new details shared by journalist Jeff Grubb during a Giant Bomb live stream (paywall), in which he suggested the title could potentially be announced during Gamescom this month.

Publisher 2K recently confirmed it’s planning to announce a new franchise later this month, and Grubb claimed that the setup of Firaxis’ Marvel title could mean that it’s considered an original property, despite being based on the famous superhero universe.

FWIW, this picture stuck out. Lots of white folks

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-08-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #1074
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So it's going to be a Marvel game with no Marvel characters?

What's the point of using the license then?
Old 08-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #1075
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Wondering if it is for the purpose of using Marvel imaging, or Marvel related hero superpowers?
Old 08-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #1076
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Wondering if it is for the purpose of using Marvel imaging, or Marvel related hero superpowers?

What exactly is "Marvel Imaging"

And what superpowers would require a marvel license?
Old 08-08-2021, 06:51 PM   #1077
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
FWIW, this picture stuck out. Lots of white folks
Yeah but they all have a black friend.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #1078
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Yeah but they all have a black friend.

And I think I see 3 Asian buddies.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #1079
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
What exactly is "Marvel Imaging"

And what superpowers would require a marvel license?

Marvel locations/worlds, images and the like, or it is limited license. Honestly what it would include with no super heroes, just speculating. It seems like you would want at least some characters if you obtain licensing.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:33 PM   #1080
RainMaker
General Manager

Well my PS5 controller has that trigger clicking issue. I know they needed to hit a price point but I can't remember a system built this cheaply.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #1081
Edward64
Head Coach

Played and finished Skyrim years ago. Never played the Special Edition but its primarily graphics upgrade. Just bought it for $15 and it's downloading now to my Steam Library.

Read the next edition is still years away so thinking about another playthrough sometime. Plenty of others in my library to really get into but I figured its a good price.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:47 PM   #1082
Flasch186
Coordinator

I’m bored of all my games

I need to go back into racing (Iracing) as I have a motion simulator and VR so it’s pretty amazing… it’s just a commitment versus dropping in for a turn or two of something.

Humankind in a few days will hopefully work but man I’m bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:21 PM   #1083
GrantDawg

Edward, play around with the mods for Skyrim. There are some pretty amazing mods out there that make a totally different game. I at least definitely recommend the "patch" that was created by modders.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2021, 08:37 PM   #1084
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I don't think any game, RPG or otherwise, has managed to get the feel of crawling through an actual dungeon better than Skyrim. The physics, lighting and AI are all kinda janky, but manage to play together just right in those environments.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-14-2021 at 08:37 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:16 PM   #1085
RainMaker
General Manager

I used to dislike the Assassins Creed series but have been playing Origins, Odyssey, and now Valhalla a ton. It seems fans hated the shift to RPG but I think it was great.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #1086
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I used to dislike the Assassins Creed series but have been playing Origins, Odyssey, and now Valhalla a ton. It seems fans hated the shift to RPG but I think it was great.

The gameplay changes in Origins were fantastic, the setting for Odyssey amazing, and IMO Valhalla has the best story. The turned the series around after it went mostly downhill after Black Flag.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:44 PM   #1087
Thomkal
Head Coach

You console players will have to tell me if this is a good deal or not. For today only, Best Buy has the Playstation or Xbox version of Cyberpunk 2077 for $10. I think this is a physical copy not a digital download:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpu...&skuId=6255151
Old 08-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #1088
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

So it will have Marvel characters

Marvel's Midnight Suns, Firaxis' Marvel XCOM Game, Officially Announced

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-25-2021 at 02:16 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:24 PM   #1089
Edward64
Head Coach

March 2022.

Long wait.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #1090
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

It's just 7 months. Its not like some companies where you have to wait years for a game after it has been announced.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #1091
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
March 2022.

Long wait.
Yeah, that is going to be a sure buy. Heck, if you think that is long. Baldur's Gate 3 came out EA in October of last year. The best guess now is it is still going to be mid-2022 or later before full release. It sucks balls.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:03 AM   #1092
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I hadn't touched Fortnite since sometime in mid/late June when I decided to try to try to get a few levels in Saturday night before the Sunday afternoon season end.

I started at level 28.
I closed it out about 9am Sunday at level 66.

That was worth about a half battlepass worth of coinage, not bad really. (I'm just short of two passes worth of coins stashed, so it's enough that I should be able to keep that cushion with even light to moderate effort in the upcoming season)

Given that neither me nor the kid particularly enjoyed anything about the alien themed chapter, I guess 66 isn't bad at all. And taking long breaks and then just binge playing down the stretch is probably my best route with the game. I'm all about XP whoring, a month's worth (or more) worth of missions to chain is really the best way for me to accomplish that since regular old gameplay doesn't really produce THAT much XP.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-13-2021 at 12:05 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:27 AM   #1093
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I hadn't touched Fortnite since sometime in mid/late June when I decided to try to try to get a few levels in Saturday night before the Sunday afternoon season end.

I started at level 28.
I closed it out about 9am Sunday at level 66.

That was worth about a half battlepass worth of coinage, not bad really. (I'm just short of two passes worth of coins stashed, so it's enough that I should be able to keep that cushion with even light to moderate effort in the upcoming season)

Given that neither me nor the kid particularly enjoyed anything about the alien themed chapter, I guess 66 isn't bad at all. And taking long breaks and then just binge playing down the stretch is probably my best route with the game. I'm all about XP whoring, a month's worth (or more) worth of missions to chain is really the best way for me to accomplish that since regular old gameplay doesn't really produce THAT much XP.

I do that with a lot of MMO's Jon. Usually when a new update/DLC is added. Play for a while to see some of the new stuff, then move on to another game for a while. In fact just started playing Everquest 2 for the first time in a long time
Old 09-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #1094
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And I once again took the pressure off myself on Day 1 of a new season, getting a Victory Royale (my 17th career win, in somewhere around 1,300 matches). Got it after two 3rds and three 2nds in the first couple hours.

Now I don't have to worry about it until early December when the next season is due to start
Old 09-13-2021, 09:28 AM   #1095
Thomkal
Head Coach

Grats Jon!
Old 09-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #1096
Edward64
Head Coach

Can't wait.

Starfield will have more than double Skyrim’s actors and dialogue lines | PCGamesN
Quote:
The Starfield release date is set for November 11, 2022. To check out all we know about the game so far, head to that link.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:46 PM   #1097
Atocep
Coordinator

Double the actors over skyrim means they must have at least 10.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #1098
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I picked up New World this week. Played with a few friends on a new server, there are some massive queues on the day 1 servers! 2,500 person queue on a server that takes 2,000.
I did enjoy it. The action based combat isn't my favorite, but there's a ton to do, and I do enjoy the usage-based advancement. It's not class based at all, so you get better at things by doing them. Apparently I'm great at skinning wolf hides.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #1099
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I picked up New World this week. Played with a few friends on a new server, there are some massive queues on the day 1 servers! 2,500 person queue on a server that takes 2,000.
I did enjoy it. The action based combat isn't my favorite, but there's a ton to do, and I do enjoy the usage-based advancement. It's not class based at all, so you get better at things by doing them. Apparently I'm great at skinning wolf hides.

Somebody has to be. I'm glad Amazon Games Studio finally has a success story on their roster. I played a bit in the beta and I liked it too even though I am also not a fan of action based combat and the PVP they are almost forcing on you to participate in like Dark Age of Camelot back in the day. Game looks pretty gorgeous too.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #1100
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Somebody has to be. I'm glad Amazon Games Studio finally has a success story on their roster. I played a bit in the beta and I liked it too even though I am also not a fan of action based combat and the PVP they are almost forcing on you to participate in like Dark Age of Camelot back in the day. Game looks pretty gorgeous too.

I'll see if the gameplay sucks me in more than the combat turns me off.

I do have a bunch of friends of 20+ years (back from original Everquest in 1999) back together for the first time in years to play this, so that's pretty exciting.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote