Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2023, 08:13 PM   #6251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My little pup would only love you to dearh. I only had one person in the house he did not like. He gave some tell-tale signs that caused me to scoop him up and put him away. I think he might have actually bitten him given the chance. Needless to say, I didn't get the AC unit from him.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:08 AM   #6252
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Response to this quite different than January 6th.
NEW: Activists in Georgia posted flyers naming one of the cops in Tortuguita’s killing. They were arrested, placed in solitary confinement and now face a felony and 20 years in prison. W/ @natashalennard Activists Face Felonies for Flyers on €œCop City€ Protester Killing
— Akela Lacy (@akela_lacy) May 3, 2023

Yes, judge, those are the real dangers to society. Not the cops actually killing people, the guys handing out fliers

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-04-2023 at 07:09 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:46 PM   #6253
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yes, judge, those are the real dangers to society. Not the cops actually killing people, the guys handing out fliers

SI
Just interesting quote in the article: They were not handing out flyers, they were actually extremely careful in trying to avoid doing anything illegal, Foster told The Intercept. They posted the flyers on mailboxes, they did not even get out of the van to put flyers on the doors, and did not open the mailboxes because they thought that was potentially illegal.
They do not have a great lawyer. It is illegal to even post anything on a mailbox. They are consider federal property, and even putting a flyer on one can be considered tampering with federal mail. Not saying that it is not done all the time, and it is not one of the charges. But as someone who has been threatened by Postal Police couple of times for this, I can tell you it is not considered legal.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:50 PM   #6254
GrantDawg

Dola: I believe these protestors probably have a pretty clear-cut Civil Rights suit against Bartow County and the GSP. What they need to find is a good lawyer that knows the federal court system and file.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #6255
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Dola: I believe these protestors probably have a pretty clear-cut Civil Rights suit against Bartow County and the GSP. What they need to find is a good lawyer that knows the federal court system and file.

Courts are kind of tricky now that there are so many nutbags on it. But even if it doesn't go further, I think the point is to make their lives hell for attempting to speak up against the state.

Remember that during Trump's inauguration they jailed and threatened protestors with 60 years for being in the vicinity of other violent protestors. And by violent it was someone who tipped over some garbage bins in the street.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 08:41 AM   #6256
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't know where to put this so figure this is as good as any. Obviously more details to come out including cause of death but I'm leaning towards homicide-manslaughter.

Jordan Neely: The man killed in chokehold on NYC subway is remembered as an entertainer shattered by his mother's murder | CNN
Quote:
As the yelling continued, many passengers became visibly uncomfortable and moved to other parts of the train car. Neely did not appear to be armed or looking to attack anyone, Vazquez told CNN.

Then a rider came up behind Neely and put him in a chokehold, with the two eventually falling to the floor, said Vazquez, who noted Neely did not interact with that passenger at all prior to the attack.
Quote:
In the video recorded by Vazquez, Neely and the other man are seen on the floor of a subway car with the mans arm wrapped around Neelys neck. The two men were on the floor for about seven minutes, Vazquez said, adding he started recording about three or four minutes after the chokehold began.

At some point, two other passengers approached Neely and the man holding him down. One appeared to be mediating the situation while the other seemed to help the man restrain Neely, according to Vazquez.

After a while, Vazquez noticed Neely stopped moving and talking, he said.

When police officers arrived at the subway station in Lower Manhattan before 2:30 p.m. Monday, they administered first aid to an unconscious Neely. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead later in the afternoon, according to a law enforcement source and an NYPD spokesperson.

@BYU14 (as our resident MMA expert), I guess any chokehold done tight and long enough can kill a person. But someone typically goes unconscious first right? And then if you release the hold, should be okay? Care to share your thoughts on what could have happened?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 09:39 AM   #6257
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

20 years isn't nearly enough for those nutjobs, not a one of them shows any sign of being sane enough to be left on the streets.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:17 AM   #6258
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

@BYU14 (as our resident MMA expert), I guess any chokehold done tight and long enough can kill a person. But someone typically goes unconscious first right? And then if you release the hold, should be okay? Care to share your thoughts on what could have happened?

If done right, a RNC can render someone unconscious in 10-15 seconds, at which point, yes you notice your training partner go limp, release the hold and then place them on their side and basically rub their back/shoulders to revive them if needed, but usually you wake up fairly quickly. You can put someone at the risk of injury/death as quickly as 45 seconds to a minute. This dude held the choke for 15 minutes!

Side note - I have gone to sleep a couple of times when I thought I was safe/had a choke defended and didn't need to tap and It's kind of a cool feeling LOL.

I don't know if the Ex-Marine had BJJ training, I am sure at least what combative techniques they teach you in the corp, which would likely include this. But there is a difference between knowing how to choke someone from a one day combative course, or watching it on TV and actually being trained.

Once the guy went out, he could have transitioned to seatbelt control, which is the same position as a rear naked choke, but you drop your choking arm to across the chest and go to a gable grip, or top hand grip with your arm under the persons armpit. If this guy was trained, instincts "should" have kicked in and in recognizing the guy was out, transitioned to the none lethal hold, which is still a very solid restraint technique.

Of course all that is easy to Monday morning QB. Adrenaline, mob mentality because two other people were helping him hold the guy down and people tend to feed off each other in that circumstance and be overly aggressive. I haven't watched the whole video, so I don't know at what point he released the choke, but if the choke was held 15 minutes, that is reckless! Also tells me he was doing what he see's on UFC cards, not what he learned in real training.

I am sure it will come out in tests, but if the victim was on drugs, that could factor in too and I am by no means blaming the victim. This is a tragedy, in that a man in need of help died and another man has to live with the fact he took another life, when he could have avoided doing so.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:29 AM   #6259
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks for your take
Old 05-05-2023, 11:52 AM   #6260
JPhillips
General Manager

I read a twitter thread where the guy speculated that if the victim was moving minutes after the hold was applied it wasn't done properly and he was just slowly strangled.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #6261
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
20 years isn't nearly enough for those nutjobs, not a one of them shows any sign of being sane enough to be left on the streets.

To be fair, that's your opinion of about 90% of the population, so....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:45 PM   #6262
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, wonder what THIS kid did wrong:

Aderrien Murry: 11-year-old Mississippi boy who was shot by responding police officer after calling 911 is released from the hospital | CNN
Old 06-02-2023, 05:22 PM   #6263
RainMaker
General Manager

Cops more or less admitting to trumped up charges on the people protesting Cop City.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:55 PM   #6264
miami_fan
Coordinator

Florida neighbor feud over playing children ends with mom shot dead, sheriff says

A question and a comment.

1. How does law enforcement/the legal system make the decision to publicly identify or not identify a shooter when potential criminal incident happens?

This does not seem to be a suspected shooter. Law enforcement and that neighborhood knows this woman shot the victim as a statement of fact. She would not be the first person who has shot and killed someone who has been identified even though the investigation is ongoing and they have not been charged at the time of identification. I will be upfront that I am fully prepared to make that leap to find a reason as there seems to be similarities in the times when they don't identify the shooter in this way. However, I will also be upfront about not knowing if this is the way things are supposed to be handled.

2. Here is a quote from Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods.

Quote:
I wish our shooter would have called us instead of taking actions into her own hands, Woods said. I wish Ms. Owens would have called us in the hopes we could have never gotten to the point at which we are here today.

Uh Sheriff, they tried that already.

Quote:
Since January 2021, Woods said, deputies have responded at least a half-dozen times in connection with the feuding between Owens and the woman who eventually shot her.

How many more times were the shooter and/or the victim supposed to call law enforcement and nothing happen? Unless one of them moved, this seems the only outcome was someone dying.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasnt. I have a voice on the radio, he hasnt. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I havent the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I dont own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:44 PM   #6265
RainMaker
General Manager

1) I think it's up to police on what they want to release and when as long as there is an active investigation. Listening to the press conference it's pretty clear the Sheriff is defending the shooter the best he can. My guess is the name hasn't been released to protect her until they can build a case against the victim.

2) The Sheriff sounds dumb as shit which is par for the course. It sounds like the lady hurled racial slurs at the kids, stole their iPad, and then assaulted them. Normally those would be seen as aggressive actions.

With that said, the law is working as its intended. It was always meant to be vague and allow for a certain demographic to do what they want and when someone confronts them over their actions, they can murder the people of the other demographic. Florida gonna Florida.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:51 AM   #6266
GrantDawg

After a marathon meeting with over 300 speakers that went until well after 5am, Cop City funding still was passed by an overwhelming vote.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2023, 06:47 PM   #6267
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...acard-lawsuit/

It is one thing to just say to an officer who pulls you over "Do you know who I am?". It is another level to just be able to flash a card someone bought for $1 and gave to you that is basically saying the same thing. I wish this guy all the best. I hope he has a backup career plan though because I am not convinced this cop thing will be long lasting.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasnt. I have a voice on the radio, he hasnt. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I havent the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I dont own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-14-2023, 06:56 PM   #6268
RainMaker
General Manager

Cops commit crime but can't be prosecuted because the case relies on the testimony and investigation done by cops deemed too racist to put in front of a jury.

Charges Dismissed For Cops Who Mutilated Black Woman's Body
Old 06-27-2023, 08:35 AM   #6269
Edward64
Head Coach

On one hand, I think this is a justified shooting. 14 year old son, shooting a guy that was beating up on his mother.

But I do wonder why he had the mother's gun & readily available in the first place. Nothing in the article about why (e.g. did the kid grab it out of a dropped purse or did he already have it on him) but wonder if there was some premeditation. But hey, not going to lose any sleep over a guy that is willing to hit a women, multiple times, like that.

Carlishia Hood accused of ordering 14-year-old son to shoot, kill man at hot dog stand has charges dropped
Quote:
A Chicago woman who was arrested for murder after allegedly ordering her 14-year-old son to shoot a man dead in a fast-food eatery was freed Monday after prosecutors dropped the charges against her and the teen.

Carlishia Hood, 35, and her son had both been charged with first-degree murder last week for the June 18 shooting death of Jeremy Brown, 32, at the hot dog joint Maxwell Street Express, CBS Chicago reported.
Quote:
However, new evidence came to light over the weekend that made the Cook County States Attorneys Office reconsider the charges.

A previously unreleased video of Brown brutally pummeling Hood in the head inside the restaurant began circulating on social media.
Quote:
The new video shows Brown threatening to knock the mother out if she said one more thing before he winds up and punches her in the head.

As Hood cowers in the corner, he strikes her at least twice more as other customers gasp and flee the small building.

The video cuts out following the sound of a gunshot.
Quote:
Its at that point, prosecutors said, the 14-year-old stood into the doorway and witnessed his mother being pummeled.

He took out a gun which his mother was licensed to carry, according to the local station and allegedly shot Brown in the back.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:15 AM   #6270
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah not sure how they could charge her with murder given the video. Son is a bit more tricky because of his age and circumstances. Doesn't seem like he should get away completely without being charged.
Old 06-27-2023, 10:49 AM   #6271
miami_fan
Coordinator

The young man was either

A) fearing for the life of himself and his family and using the firearm to protect himself and his mother

and/or

B) "standing his ground" and thus had no duty to retreat before using deadly force in self defense.

At least that is what I hear would be a popular defense in situations like this.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:11 AM   #6272
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well the first shot was definitely justifiable. But the news article makes it sound like the son chased down the man after the man fled, with the mother shouting orders to kill him. I can't say that part is justifiable.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:31 AM   #6273
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Well the first shot was definitely justifiable. But the news article makes it sound like the son chased down the man after the man fled, with the mother shouting orders to kill him. I can't say that part is justifiable.

How do they know he wasn't going to return with a gun?

Zero chance a jury sees that video and convicts the kid of anything.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:45 PM   #6274
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
How do they know he wasn't going to return with a gun?

Zero chance a jury sees that video and convicts the kid of anything.
In the past, the standard was imminent danger. If someone left the scene, they were no longer considered an imminent threat, and if you chased them to kill it was considered murder. Some stand your ground laws have changed that standard a great bit. In this case, I'm surprised they didn't keep the charges. I'm pretty sure Illinois is not a stand your ground state. Not to mention Chicago having some serious gun restrictions. I haven't read enough on the case, but I do wonder the reasoning. It might just as you said. They just felt they couldn't win a jury trial.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-27-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:40 PM   #6275
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

you can't take the law into your own hands and kill another

and christ where were all the other patrtons that let him beat on her like that

he didn't have to shoot him.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:13 PM   #6276
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Not even the first shot?
Old 06-27-2023, 03:27 PM   #6277
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

On the contrary, we are encouraging people to take the law into their own hands more and more every day.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:30 PM   #6278
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dola,

See? This lady believed she prevented her own kidnapping.

Woman fatally shoots Uber driver, fearing she was being kidnapped

Quote:
A woman has been charged with murder for fatally shooting her Uber driver, authorities in Texas said.

According to the El Paso Police Department, Phoebe Copas, 48, shot Daniel Piedra Garcia on June 16 after requesting a ride. He died several days later.

Copas reportedly told police that she feared she was being taken to Mexico because she saw a sign that said "Juarez, Mexico."

"The investigation does not support that a kidnapping took place," the El Paso Police Department said in a statement.

We shall see what happens in her trial.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:42 PM   #6279
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

One of the videos showed an older man exiting quickly once he started beating her. I don't think you can expect "regular" people to step up to stop a violent beating without some training and/or weapon.

And yeah, absolutely if you believe your life or mother's life was in danger of great harm (as evident by the actual beating itself) you better believe I'll do my best to take him out. Good thing he had a gun available (but that in itself is suspicious so more to that story I think). To me it's clear the first shot was justified. If they did chase him down outside and shot him again, that's a maybe. If the kid shot the woman that was encouraging on the beating, that's a no-no.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-27-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:48 PM   #6280
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Dola,

This is straight up murder and the kind of thing we are going to see a lot more in these states that want to be the Wild West.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:58 PM   #6281
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Dola,

fuck her
Old 06-27-2023, 04:00 PM   #6282
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

she took a picture of him and sent it to her boyfriend BEFORE calling 911
Old 06-27-2023, 06:31 PM   #6283
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
she took a picture of him and sent it to her boyfriend BEFORE calling 911

Yeah fuck her for sure, her punishment can't be stiff enough, what an absolute piece of shit.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:52 AM   #6284
Edward64
Head Coach

The French are having their moment.

Nanterre shooting: More than 400 arrested as France sees third night of violence after 17-year-old shot dead by police | CNN
Quote:
More than 400 people were arrested across France on Thursday as a wave of protests swept the country for a third night following the fatal police shooting of a teenage boy that was captured on video.
:
Confrontations flared up between protesters and police in the Parisian suburb of Nanterre – where the 17-year-old named Nahel was killed days before – and in the southern port city of Marseille.
The video that I saw was not a police body cam but seemingly from a passerby. Very short, not really enough info to go by. Don't really know what happened before, why they were stopped, what was said etc. They need to get body cams ... all cops need body cams.

The kid was "known" to the police but I read in another article that he did not have a record, so not sure what that means.

Quote:
Video of the shooting in Nanterre surfaced on social media shortly after the incident took place Tuesday morning. The clip shows two police officers standing on the driver’s side of a yellow Mercedes AMG, one near the door and another near the left front fender. As the car attempts to drive away, one officer is seen firing his sidearm.

The bullet that hit Nahel pierced his arm and chest. After fleeing the scene, the car crashed into a stationary object at a nearby plaza. Nahel was in the car with two others at the time of the incident. One passenger in the vehicle was taken into custody and later released, while another, who is believed to have fled the scene, is missing, authorities said.

The local Nanterre prosecutor, Pascal Prache, said Thursday that the officers testified both drew their weapons and pointed them at the driver to dissuade him from restarting the engine. The officer who fired his weapon said, according to the prosecutor, that he was scared the boy would run someone over with the car. However, Prache said it is believed the officer accused of shooting and killing Nahel may have acted illegally in doing so.

Lawyers for Nahel’s family slammed the decision not to pursue charges over alleged false statements, claiming the officer said in his initial declaration that “young Nahel had tried to run him over with the vehicle.” CNN has asked the French national police for a response to the allegations against the unnamed officer.

Prache said that Nahel had been known to authorities for a previous “breach of rules,” but it is not clear what law or orders that pertains to. The teen was expected to appear before a juvenile court in September.

My speculation is a bad shoot. There was probable some valid concern/rationale to stop the kids & car, unsure why kid thought he should try to run for it when a cop was pointing a gun at him, but ultimately excessive use of deadly force. Lots of pent up frustration by a minority class etc. Some bad elements taking advantage of the situation by rioting and stealing stuff.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-30-2023 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:20 AM   #6285
GrantDawg

Quote:
My speculation is a bad shoot. There was probable some valid concern/rationale to stop the kids & car, unsure why kid thought he should try to run for it when a cop was pointing a gun at him, but ultimately excessive use of deadly force. Lots of pent up frustration by a minority class etc. Some bad elements taking advantage of the situation by rioting and stealing stuff.
That all sounds right. I wonder on some these if the officer even meant to pull the trigger or if they just had bad trigger discipline. They accidentally pull the trigger, and now they have to find an excuse to prevent being charged with a crime.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:47 AM   #6286
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
That all sounds right. I wonder on some these if the officer even meant to pull the trigger or if they just had bad trigger discipline. They accidentally pull the trigger, and now they have to find an excuse to prevent being charged with a crime.

If it was me, I'd come up with a better story than fearing for safety of public. I'd say "I though the other passenger was reaching for something as the kid/driver started to drive off".

I do want to understand why the cop already (by the time of the video) had his weapon drawn and pointed.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:34 AM   #6287
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
On one hand, I think this is a justified shooting. 14 year old son, shooting a guy that was beating up on his mother.

But I do wonder why he had the mother's gun & readily available in the first place. Nothing in the article about why (e.g. did the kid grab it out of a dropped purse or did he already have it on him) but wonder if there was some premeditation. But hey, not going to lose any sleep over a guy that is willing to hit a women, multiple times, like that.

Carlishia Hood accused of ordering 14-year-old son to shoot, kill man at hot dog stand has charges dropped

And now the mother is suing the city over the murder charges.

MSN
Old 06-30-2023, 01:10 PM   #6288
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
And now the mother is suing the city over the murder charges.

MSN
Just trying to cash in. My guess is that will go no where.
Old 07-06-2023, 09:46 PM   #6289
RainMaker
General Manager

Not surprising at all for the CPD but potential to be a big story here.

Chicago police are investigating whether cops had sexual relations with new immigrants, including a teen girl who is pregnant - Chicago Sun-Times
Old 07-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #6290
GrantDawg

It has only been 24 years. That was fast.
Old 07-18-2023, 03:31 PM   #6291
RainMaker
General Manager

I need to see the probably cause for the search. Not sure what you're finding 24 years later but who knows.
Old 07-18-2023, 03:38 PM   #6292
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I need to see the probably cause for the search. Not sure what you're finding 24 years later but who knows.
Souvenir?
Old 07-27-2023, 11:40 AM   #6293
miami_fan
Coordinator

Since there is always debate about the treatment of youths of different races, I figured this was as good a spot as any for this story. No, there is no slamming her to the ground as we have seen in other cases but at least she is in handcuffs.

Port Orange, Florida girl arrested for making false kidnapping report

I don't actually think she needs to be led away in handcuffs. I think it is ridiculous and unnecessary. But if that is the procedures then I am glad that they treated her in accordance with the procedures. One thing I found super weird. While law enforcement or the media did blur out her face in the bodycam footage, the report on the sheriff department's website actually gave the girl's name and birth date. I thought the protocol was to not provide names of minors arrested unless it is for the "big" stuff like murder, rape etc.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:16 PM   #6294
Edward64
Head Coach

Stupid to handcuff a 11 year old girl like that. I get she needs to learn a lesson, there are other ways. This seems unnecessarily punitive.

Been wondering about Carlee Russell also. Not sure what's going to happen. If it is a severe mental condition, help her. If it was a "don't like my life, don't like my boyfriend, don't like my work" type thing, I'd hope there are some repercussions other than losing her job & boyfriend.

Quote:
Carlee Russell, the Alabama woman who earlier this month went missing for 49 hours after making a 911 call about a child on an interstate, said she was not kidnapped and did not see a baby on the side of the road, according to a statement from her attorney.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:23 PM   #6295
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Stupid to handcuff a 11 year old girl like that. I get she needs to learn a lesson, there are other ways. This seems unnecessarily punitive.

Been wondering about Carlee Russell also. Not sure what's going to happen. If it is a severe mental condition, help her. If it was a "don't like my life, don't like my boyfriend, don't like my work" type thing, I'd hope there are some repercussions other than losing her job & boyfriend.

Remember this lady?

Sherri Papini: California woman who faked her own kidnapping sentenced to 18 months in prison | CNN
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #6296
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Here's your answer:

Charges to be Filed Against Alabama Hoax Starter, Carlee Russell, Attorney Says – Crime Online
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 03:17 PM   #6297
GrantDawg

Guesses: Felony misuse of 911, Giving a false police report, misuse of police resources (or whatever Alabama calls that).
Old 07-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #6298
GrantDawg

Quote:
Guesses: Felony misuse of 911, Giving a false police report, misuse of police resources (or whatever Alabama calls that).
Two misdemeanors: filing a false police report and filing a false statement to law enforcement authorities
Slap on the wrist.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:07 PM   #6299
Edward64
Head Coach

Does have a pretty smile though.

Old 07-28-2023, 03:40 PM   #6300
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting scenario. Per the article, the thief shot first so it was a justified self-defense. It could have gone really wrong (innocent bystanders, mistaken identity?) and then it'll be a completely different narrative.

I assume the female accomplice didn't do any shooting but was caught in the cross-fire. They're in Texas so the answer (for all practical purposes) is no, but wonder if she has any standing to sue the owner?

Suspected Texas vehicle thief dies in shootout with vehicle owner who tracked him down, police say | Fox News
Quote:
A suspected vehicle thief has died in a mall parking lot gunfight in Texas after the owner of the truck he allegedly stole managed to track him down, police say.
:
McManus said the incident unfolded when the owner of the stolen vehicle — who was with a female companion — first tracked it down to the mall’s parking lot.

"They show up, they find the vehicle, there is two individuals — a male and a female — in the vehicle," the police chief said. "The owner of the stolen vehicle gets the driver ... and the passenger out of the truck at gunpoint."

McManus said the owner or the person he was with then notified police.

"The suspect in the stolen vehicle was seated by the rear tire of the vehicle. So at some point, the person who stole the vehicle and who is now being held at gunpoint by the owner of the vehicle produces a weapon from his waistband and shoots the owner of the vehicle," he continued.

The vehicle owner then returned fire, striking the alleged thief and leaving him "deceased in the parking lot," according to McManus.

The female passenger with the alleged thief also was struck by gunfire and is in critical condition at a local hospital, he said.
And the thief's brother said below. Yeah, no sympathy from me. Like to see the rap sheet the thief had.

Quote:
A man identified by KENS 5 as being the brother of the victim told that station, "There are two sides to every story."

"Whether my brother was wrong or right, he had a gun pointed at him. I guess he took it upon himself to defend himself. The guy who shot him is a vigilante, not a hero," Jose Garcia told KENS 5. "A vehicle is not worth taking someone's life, I don't care what kind of car it is. You don’t take the law into your own hands. Now my mom, my family, we all have to suffer and just deal with it."

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-28-2023 at 03:41 PM.