Old 11-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

GSA says transition can begin.

thank god
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #453
RainMaker
General Manager

Underrated move is Biden making climate change a matter of national security. That means he can allocate Defense money toward it. Basically what Trump did with the wall.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #454
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump tweet out that the GSA and the rest of the administration can begin the transition while they "continue to fight."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #455
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Biden, Blinken, Yellen — what is this, a gerundocracy?
— A.J. Bauer (@ajbauer) November 23, 2020

The replies are awful

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #456
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

how in the hell do Massechusetts and vermont have rep govs
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #457
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/ejmaroun/status/...720426497?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2020, 09:10 PM   #458
Ksyrup

Yes! Saw that one earlier, hilarious.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-24-2020, 03:34 AM   #459
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
how in the hell do Massechusetts and vermont have rep govs

Massachusetts REALLY loves a Republican Governor/Dem Legislative branch. They've pretty much made a habit of it (Bill Weld, Mitt Romney and now Charlie Baker). Mostly because while we have an impulse towards liberalism, folks don't want one party control of everything.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:25 AM   #460
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

If you're salivating or cursing over the Biden cabinet picks, just remember that very soon the senate will reject ALL of them.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #461
JPhillips
General Manager

Nah. They'll say one or two are too radical, but they'll save their powder for judicial picks.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #462
GrantDawg

We finally have a Secretary of State that rocks:
Old 11-24-2020, 02:21 PM   #463
RainMaker
General Manager

And one that loves selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #464
Ksyrup

This BS needs to stop. It's bad enough that politics is always a zero-sum game, but actively attempting to sabotage the next administration is bordering on criminal.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #465
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know it isn't that simple, but how about use that money for, I dunno, a form of UBI?
Old 11-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #466
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Because they don't think that's a good use of it?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #467
PilotMan
Head Coach

Was that the money that was his own personal fund to distribute how he saw fit with pretty much no oversight?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #468
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This BS needs to stop. It's bad enough that politics is always a zero-sum game, but actively attempting to sabotage the next administration is bordering on criminal.

Bit of irony because he wouldn't be in that position if Harris had prosecuted him for committing massive amounts of fraud.

Shitty move though.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #469
Edward64
Head Coach

Didn't get to watch the unveiling of cabinet picks and them talking but heard snippets. Lot's of broadsides against the past 4 years.

Everything sounds great right now but we are still in the honeymoon period. Looking forward to see Biden & team in action the first 100 days.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #470
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Didn't get to watch the unveiling of cabinet picks and them talking but heard snippets. Lot's of broadsides against the past 4 years.

Everything sounds great right now but we are still in the honeymoon period. Looking forward to see Biden & team in action the first 100 days.

I would imagine it will be hard to judge the first 100 days since it will largely be consumed with cleaning up the destruction Trump plans to leave behind while rolling out a Covid vaccine.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #471
GrantDawg

Is it strange that everything I read a Rainmaker post, I hear the "Debbie Downer" music play?

Old 11-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #472
Edward64
Head Coach

Decided to read up on what Biden wants for gun laws.

Page not found | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

The things I question or don't like.

Quote:
Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

Don't know enough about the laws but at first glance, unless there is criminal negligence, I am more on the hold the person that did the crime accountable vs the manufacturer.

Quote:
Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

I'm okay with banning future assault weapons (don't like it but can live with it) and okay with banning high-capacity mags. It wasn't clear what would happen to existing but think the bolded answers the question?

I have my assault weapons and am okay with registering them (or say they were lost in a boating accident).

If there is a push to turn in assault weapons and high-capacity mags (was it New Zealand?), I wouldn't support that.

Quote:
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

I assume this applies to companies retailing weapons and also private sales. Assuming all sales goes through a FFL as an intermediary and the FFL does that background checks etc. I don't see why this is necessary.

But okay. Some retailers will go out of business, some websites that facilitates sales of used guns will go out of business etc. and there will be less "churn" in gun sales. I can live with it.

Quote:
Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns. Today, we have the technology to allow only authorized users to fire a gun. For example, existing smart gun technology requires a fingerprint match before use. Biden believes we should work to eventually require that 100% of firearms sold in the U.S. are smart guns.

I really disagree with this. I don't want any electronics between me and the trigger. Worse case is EMP attack/solar event. Also bug in software, inclement conditions (deer hunting in the cold with gloves on) etc.

I may have missed it but I did not see where Biden would get tough on career criminals who commit crimes with weapons. I did not see a plan to get weapons away from career criminals proactively. It would be great if there is an all out effort to get guns away from them.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-24-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Is it strange that everything I read a Rainmaker post, I hear the "Debbie Downer" music play?

no. He is a smart guy and I appreciate his input but I read his last post and thought, jesus, always with the negative.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #474
GrantDawg

I am fine with Rainmaker as well, but I just can't read him without "waaaa-waaaaa".

Old 11-24-2020, 08:26 PM   #475
GrantDawg

Edward, aren't we already tough on career criminals that use weapons? There are dozens of manditory sentencing guidelines for crimes commit with guns, felons in possession of guns etc. Is there something more than lock them up for years that needs to be done?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-24-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #476
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Edward, aren't we already tough on career criminals that use weapons? There are dozens of manditory sentencing guidelines for crimes commit with guns, felons in possession of guns etc. Is there something more than lock them up for years that needs to be done?

Yes, you are right, there are plenty of laws on the books to handle those that have been caught.

I didn't say it well, here is another attempt:

Just as there are plenty of weapons owned by law abiding citizens, there are a plenty of weapons owned by career criminals (who are not currently in jail).

So just as Biden is trying to reduce, restrict, constrain etc. the amount of weapons owned/acquired by law abiding citizens, shouldn't he also implement a plan to reduce, restrict, constrain etc. the amount of weapons owned/acquired by career criminals (who are not currently in jail).
Old 11-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #477
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

AOC and Ilhan Omar want to block Biden’s former chief of staff - Axios

They want to block him because he cares about the deficit. The horrors.

I hope the guy has some influence.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:08 PM   #478
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 11-29-2020, 06:02 AM   #479
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't know what Bloomberg is up to nowadays but I'm sure his funds will be helpful in GA senate elections.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #480
Edward64
Head Coach

No idea who these folks are but looking forward to normal press briefings.

Quote:
President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Sunday announced an all-female White House senior communications team, including former Obama White House communications director Jen Psaki as White House press secretary.

"I am proud to announce today the first senior White House communications team comprised entirely of women. These qualified, experienced communicators bring diverse perspectives to their work and a shared commitment to building this country back better," Biden said in a statement.

Kate Bedingfield, who served as deputy campaign manager and communications director for the campaign, will be White House communications director.

Pili Tobar, who served as the communications director for coalitions on the campaign, will serve as deputy White House communications director. Karine Jean-Pierre, a senior adviser on the Biden campaign who later served as chief of staff to Harris, will serve as principal deputy press secretary.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:33 PM   #481
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Biden slipped while playing with his dog today and hurt his foot. In less than 24 hours we have a report from his press secretary reporting that he has two hairline fractures in the middle of his foot. How refreshing to get a quick and accurate report on his health rather than still waiting to hear why Trump went to Walter Reed (instead of the stupid lie about getting ahead on his physical) or if even if he really did have COVID-19
Old 11-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #482
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Biden slipped while playing with his dog today and hurt his foot. In less than 24 hours we have a report from his press secretary reporting that he has two hairline fractures in the middle of his foot.19

I can only assume this means he's currently getting his foot amputated.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #483
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I can only assume this means he's currently getting his foot amputated.

And getting an artifical limb no doubt
Old 11-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #484
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was hoping to see some of this before Biden took office: Some senior officials in the EPA are resisting last minute orders on regulations and revealing some things the current head of the agency has done to try to stymie what the Biden Administration will undo when they take over:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/27/c...e=articleShare
Old 11-30-2020, 03:39 AM   #485
AlexB
Pro Starter

They’re gonna turn Biden into a Cyborg from the foot up and he’ll be President forever!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #486
RainMaker
General Manager

Is the Emanuel for Transportation Secretary legit? Beyond the covering up a murder thing, he was pretty clueless on transportation issues here in Chicago. And when he was Chief of Staff for Obama.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:52 PM   #487
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
They’re gonna turn Biden into a Cyborg from the foot up and he’ll be President forever!

And he'll run on secret software developed by Hugo Chavez and Xi Jinping.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #488
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Biden won the election again as Arizona and Wisconsin again say Biden won
Old 12-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #489
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So wait...

Republicans say they won't confirm Bidens selection for OMB because of her.....past combative tweets.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #490
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So wait...

Republicans say they won't confirm Bidens selection for OMB because of her.....past combative tweets.

Looks like the far left hates her as much as the right does

Bernie world seethes over Tanden as OMB nominee
Old 12-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #491
SackAttack
Head Coach

People thinkin' Biden fucked up here, but I say he's just playing 4D chess.

Put forward a nominee both the left AND the right hate, watch them accidentally work together to sink her nomination, realize that the world didn't end...and then watch as, tentatively, they start finding some common ground legislatively.

That's the ???? before the profit stage, right?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #492
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I actually thought maybe he was putting her up knowing she would get rejected so the others get through.

It is like when I bartended and we cleaned up at the end of the night. The manager would come check us out. I would always leave something really obvious undone for them to find so they wouldn't start digging for harder things.

Last edited by Lathum : 12-01-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #493
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Tanden is a moderate Dem to the core. And her Tweets have attacked the far left as well as the right. I do think Biden is telling the Republicans you can get a moderate Dem in charge of OMB who skewered you on Twitter, or a Progressive who was nicer in public. Up to you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2020, 05:21 PM   #494
Edward64
Head Coach

Looks like Pelosi is caving in (don't think she had a choice) in agreeing to start from the much lower $900M framework.

This is good for many who need a second stimulus. Try to get the other stuff after Biden takes office and results of the 2 GA Senate races.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/se...?mod=home-page
Quote:
The endorsement, announced in a joint statement by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, could get stalled talks unstuck as the leaders say they want to be able to send lawmakers home by the end of next week for the end of year holidays.

“While we made a new offer to Leader McConnell and Leader McCarthy on Monday, in the spirit of compromise we believe the bipartisan framework introduced by Senators yesterday should be used as the basis for immediate bipartisan, bicameral negotiations,” the pair wrote.

“Of course, we and others will offer improvements, but the need to act is immediate and we believe that with good-faith negotiations we could come to an agreement.”

Prior to the election, Democrats insisted on a $2.2 trillion package, a size Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said was well beyond what was needed. A group of lawmakers from both parties in the House and Senate unveiled a package Monday they said totaled a bit more than $900 billion. McConnell proposed a smaller package that he said could be signed into law by President Donald Trump.

A request for comment for comment to McConnell’s office on the statement was not immediately returned.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:18 AM   #495
Edward64
Head Coach

Good news. Looking forward to some straight talk.

Dr. Fauci accepts Joe Biden's offer to stay as top health advisor
Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci says he “absolutely” accepts President-elect Joe Biden’s offer to serve as the country’s chief medical officer.

“Oh, absolutely, I said yes right on the spot,” the nation’s top infectious diseases expert said Friday morning on the “Today” show.

Biden said Thursday he’d asked Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to stay on in his role in advising the president on national health emergencies — a job he’s done under six presidents.

But he also requested that Fauci, a member of the White House COVID-19 task force, take on a bigger position.

“I asked him to stay on in the exact same role he’s had for the past several presidents, and I asked him to be a chief medical adviser for me as well, and be part of the COVID team,” Biden told CNN.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #496
Edward64
Head Coach

I saw the last part of Biden & Kamala on CNN. They are definitely saying the right things. But Joe is looking old, which he obviously is but com'on, where are the damn make up people.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #497
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like Pelosi is caving in (don't think she had a choice) in agreeing to start from the much lower $900M framework.

This is good for many who need a second stimulus. Try to get the other stuff after Biden takes office and results of the 2 GA Senate races.

I think one of the big sticking points is going to be protection for businesses re: coronavirus liability. There will be some abuses by some businesses but overall think this is good.

Maybe the distinction is customers vs workers.

Whenever I go to a restaurant, grocery store, get a hair cut etc. there's that sign that says the store is not liable if I catch something. I agree with this.

For workers, there has to be some liability if a company is not following CDC (or some other official) mandates such as social distancing, making sanitizers & masks available etc.

Using teaching as an example, I bet there are plenty of PS classrooms that are not setup for 6ft apart.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-04-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #498
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The replies are awful

SI

quoted without context for truth
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #499
Comey
College Starter

Quote:

It doesn't add another stimulus check, which is a surprise.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #500
JPhillips
General Manager

We're in for a long recession ala the Obama years with the Senate GOP blocking any attempts to speed up the recovery.