Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2023, 06:38 PM   #401
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And the defense is "so many people tried to log in it crashed", like it was a good thing. The numbers weren't even a tenth of crowds that show up for some twitch streams. It was a fraction of the average Fox News show. It was a stupid own-goal.

Yeah, it was 400k people for an audio stream. There are TikTok, YouTube, and Twitch streams with more and they handle video. Just loser vibes all around. Hand Trump the primary already.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:00 PM   #402
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

That was such a disaster that my kid -- who is almost as pro DeSantis as I am -- even came down alerting me to what a complete c.f. it was.

Then again, I'd never heard of "Twitterspace" (or whatever the hell it was called) until today.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:20 PM   #403
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It immediately crashed people's apps and had a ton of technical issues. Started like 30 minutes late after they re-booted but it mostly was just people coming in to complain about things they want changed on Twitter. Trying to find a recording but it seems like that function is broken on Twitter too.

There wasn't even that many people in it and it was just audio streaming. I'm sure you'll read about it being a disaster everywhere.

It’s what both of these fucking turds deserve - Pudding Fingers & Musk. They’re absolute shit asses.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:22 PM   #404
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Other than everybody, who could've seen this coming??

Firing the majority of our developers until existing functionality didn't work gave us no indication that new functionality wouldn't operate exactly as expected. The shock is overwhelming. I'm sure Tucker's show will work great though.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-24-2023 at 07:22 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #405
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Stupid woke web traffic.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:26 PM   #406
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Stupid woke web traffic.
No woke, internet broke.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM   #407
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Then again, I'd never heard of "Twitterspace" (or whatever the hell it was called) until today.

I've heard of it but never used it before. I think that adds to the confusion because you had a lot of people trying to access it but not knowing if the site was down or if they were doing something wrong.

If you absolutely must do an online launch, use YouTube or something everyone knows how to use and has a reputation for knowing their technical shit.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:55 PM   #408
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 08:01 PM   #409
RainMaker
General Manager

Another weird thing is their launch video is mostly clips of Musk for some reason. I genuinely don't know what his campaign team is doing.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:21 AM   #410
Hammer
College Prospect

Just listened to the Desantis interview. Despite leaning slightly left I was tremendously impressed. So many valid points. Seems like the first worthy candidate since Obama.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:10 AM   #411
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Another weird thing is their launch video is mostly clips of Musk for some reason. I genuinely don't know what his campaign team is doing.

I guess recycling video footage in the announcement shows fiscal restraint. Nice job, team!

Last edited by Kodos : 05-25-2023 at 06:11 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:21 AM   #412
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Just listened to the Desantis interview. Despite leaning slightly left I was tremendously impressed. So many valid points. Seems like the first worthy candidate since Obama.

What in particular impressed you?

If you look at the job he's doing in Florida, his quest to wipe out the woke is driving jobs out of the state. He seems to be pushing identity politics over everything else.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:22 AM   #413
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just heard reporting they didn’t do any kind of stress test. Lol. Amateur hour
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:21 PM   #414
kingfc22
Head Coach

Not surprised at all.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:40 PM   #415
bronconick
College Starter

bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:50 PM   #416
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

lol

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:54 PM   #417
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I just heard reporting they didn’t do any kind of stress test. Lol. Amateur hour

When you don't make sure everything checks out before launching a 400 foot Rocket, why would you bother stress testing the launch of Florida's version of the Titanic?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:11 PM   #418
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

If you look at the job he's doing in Florida, his quest to wipe out the woke is driving jobs out of the state. He seems to be pushing identity politics over everything else.

There is no price too high for accomplishing that feat.

And given the state of some "identities", there's nothing more important to address. DeSantis seems to understand that a lot of us are well past the point of "enough is enough" and leans into it.

Whether there are enough people that aren't willing to sell their souls for a buck to make that a winning strategy remains to be seen, but there's certainly been more to DeSantis to be enthusiastic about than I ever had during Trump candidacy 1. That was more "well, he's the only candidate with any reason to hope so by default ... "
Old 05-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #419
BYU 14
Coordinator

I won't lie, I am about over 'wokeness' the way some people push it, but to say there is nothing more important is laughable.

As president I would hope economy, crime, the Fentanyl crisis, fixing immigration and global instability all take precedent over owning a few guys in drag in his almighty culture war, that quite honestly doesn't effect the average American in a negative manner, beyond offending some sensibilities.

It may play well in Florida, but it ain't gonna play on the big stage.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:04 PM   #420
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
There is no price too high for accomplishing that feat.

And given the state of some "identities", there's nothing more important to address. DeSantis seems to understand that a lot of us are well past the point of "enough is enough" and leans into it.

I too am just about fed up with people pushing their extreme identities into public conversation.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:14 PM   #421
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I won't lie, I am about over 'wokeness' the way some people push it, but to say there is nothing more important is laughable.

If we don't put an end to this horseshit AND push the line waaaaay the hell back toward something that at least resembles sanity, whether the country survives (or deserves to frankly) is pretty questionable to me. And that's me being overly optimstic/complimentary about the state of things.

I'd put both overly soft on crime and our broken immigration under the "woke" category to a fair extent however.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:28 PM   #422
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I too am just about fed up with people pushing their extreme identities into public conversation.

I dunno, I wouldn't mind an elaborated list of what crazy things we are doing and what exactly needs to be stomped out. "Woke" is a little vague for my liking.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:28 PM   #423
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I love how "woke" always eventually translates to "shit I don't like".

To me, "woke" is having to put up with Kid Rock and truck nuts, and thinking it's OK to allow people like MTG and Boebert in Congress. I'm all for pushing the line back to sanity on this.

Not understanding how a default on government debt will negatively impact the economy and being OK with conservative supreme court justices being flat-out on the take is also pretty "woke" to me.

Actually, I like being able to do this. Forget what I said in the first paragraph.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:35 PM   #424
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I love how "woke" always eventually translates to "shit I don't like".

Misappropriate away if it makes ya feel better.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:53 PM   #425
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

No no no, it's cool, I've seen the light.

"I'm sick and tired of Ron DeSantis' woke crusade against Disney." Or maybe "Ugh, this woke desire to protect fetuses at the cost of personal liberty everywhere is getting me down."

This is great. I'm totally going to be over-using this going forward.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:53 PM   #426
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The AR15, a gun for woke child-killers everywhere.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:23 PM   #427
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
If we don't put an end to this horseshit AND push the line waaaaay the hell back toward something that at least resembles sanity, whether the country survives (or deserves to frankly) is pretty questionable to me. And that's me being overly optimstic/complimentary about the state of things.

Maybe you should wait for that Obama assassination(s) before piling up any further predictions?
Old 05-25-2023, 09:31 PM   #428
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I've never seen people so obsessed with others. There have always been those weirdos who write letters to TV stations when they see a skirt too short but this is some next level lunacy.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:51 PM   #429
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-25-2023, 10:09 PM   #430
cuervo72
Head Coach

whoops my rocket just happened to take out Cinderella's castle
Old 05-25-2023, 10:13 PM   #431
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Or maybe "Ugh, this woke desire to protect fetuses at the cost of personal liberty everywhere is getting me down.

Personal liberty has never fully extended to the certifiable. And an awful large chunk of the woke should more than meet that threshold.

What's sorely needed is a recalibration of the lines for certification.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:38 AM   #432
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

100% agreed on the concept, Jon, and 100% sure the Venn diagram of who we both consider "certifiable" doesn't overlap.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:33 PM   #433
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
100% agreed on the concept, Jon, and 100% sure the Venn diagram of who we both consider "certifiable" doesn't overlap.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 09:38 AM   #434
kingfc22
Head Coach

Lol. The “woke” bullshit is just as annoying as the “fake news” bullshit.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:46 AM   #435
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Lol. The “woke” bullshit is just as annoying as the “fake news” bullshit.

Yep. Simple-minded sheep bleating.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #436
Flasch186
Coordinator

It’s the party of projection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 05:02 PM   #437
whomario
Pro Starter

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 02:43 PM   #438
Hammer
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

You know the problem with politics is people treat it like sport. They pick a team to support and then put the blinkers on. Look for content to justify their current position. I don't find it productive to go in too deep as people just seem to end up wanting to defend a viewpoint they are bonded to.

The guys on this board seem pretty smart to me. Deep down they can see the downward spiral America is in. I know most here are lefties, but they surely can't be blind to that.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:01 PM   #439
cuervo72
Head Coach

The question is if one indeed does believe that the country is in a downward spiral (I don't necessarily think it is), what is precipitating that spiral and how you stop it.

DeSantis appears to think that any downward spiral is being caused by what, abortion, gays being able to marry, trans people existing, an unvarnished version of history being taught? Not enough gun ownership? Nuts to that, I say.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:07 PM   #440
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
The question is if one indeed does believe that the country is in a downward spiral (I don't necessarily think it is), what is precipitating that spiral and how you stop it.

DeSantis appears to think that any downward spiral is being caused by what, abortion, gays being able to marry, trans people existing, an unvarnished version of history being taught? Not enough gun ownership? Nuts to that, I say.
I absolutely believe we are in a downward spiral. A spiral of hate. A spiral of removal of civil liberties in the name of rooting out the "wokeness." A spiral of violence spread by disinformation and the easy access to guns. We are becoming a country were a hateful minority rules. Desantis is a contributor of the downward spiral, not the solution.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:04 PM   #441
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I absolutely believe we are in a downward spiral. A spiral of hate. A spiral of removal of civil liberties in the name of rooting out the "wokeness." A spiral of violence spread by disinformation and the easy access to guns. We are becoming a country were a hateful minority rules. Desantis is a contributor of the downward spiral, not the solution.

Well, yeah. This.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #442
Kodos
Resident Alien

The crazies on the far right seem intent on bringing the country down.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 02:48 AM   #443
Hammer
College Prospect

I can't believe how blind some people are to the issues this administration have created in the last 2 or 3 years. But that is politics. Total lack of empathy for the view of the other team.

Totally agree with the points made about gay rights and guns. But those issues were a problem for the U.S. many years ago. But right now you have a stack of cultural and economic issues you didn't back then.

I find the mention of disinformation chucklesome. That's on this government. Weaponising the dollar leading to its current predicament. Trump divided the U.S. Biden poured fuel on the fire and now it will rage out of control in 2024.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:37 AM   #444
Hammer
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

I would say the crazies on the far right AND left are what is bringing the country down. Simple test. If you can't see anything constructive in the opposition you are part of the problem. You are no longer thinking for yourself. You are a cult member who has been sold to.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:22 AM   #445
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

You misspelled "trying to save whatever is left of it"
Old 05-29-2023, 06:36 AM   #446
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't believe how blind some people are to the issues this administration have created in the last 2 or 3 years.

I'm curious what actions taken by this administration you are referring to that created the issues you speak of. Can you elaborate with some degree of specificity?
Old 05-29-2023, 08:38 AM   #447
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I would say the crazies on the far right AND left are what is bringing the country down. Simple test. If you can't see anything constructive in the opposition you are part of the problem. You are no longer thinking for yourself. You are a cult member who has been sold to.

I’m sorry. 99% of the people who shoot up schools/stores/churches/etc. hail from the right. The people who attacked the capitol were far right nuts. Election deniers are a far right group. The left has its nuts too, but they don’t go on killing sprees. The far right is the greatest threat this country faces.
Old 05-29-2023, 12:59 PM   #448
GrantDawg

There are many things I disagree with about Biden. I have mentioned here many times that I wish he would not run again. There have also been times I have agreed with Trump on certain issues. When the GOP is right on something, I have no qualms on stating it. I don't think governing by "owning MAGA" is a good way to govern.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-29-2023 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:49 PM   #449
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
There are many things I disagree with about Biden. I have mentioned here many times that I wish he would not run again. There have also been times I have agreed with Trump on certain issues. When the GOP is right on something, I have no qualms on stating it. I don't think governing by "owning MAGA" is a good way to govern.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

100% agree and sadly this first started in 2000 and has now grown to the norm. It's not about governing for the people, it's about undermining the other side, costs to the American people be damned.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:17 PM   #450
Atocep
Coordinator

The problem with not seeing a problem with something from the other side is the right has increasingly become more about "whatever the left likes we don't like" and the data backs it up. The left tends to be very stable on its viewpoints while the right's viewpoints shift as its political leaders viewpoints shift. And since 2016 that really does come down to whatever the left is for I'm against.

As for the team politics, my wife and I have had a lot discussions about this over the past few weeks. She's had some frustrating realizations about her mom and step dad. They've been right wing since they left California 20 or so years ago, but since Trump took office their views and even the things they enjoy have been shaped by right wing stereotypes. It's like there are checkboxes you have to check in order to be considered good republican.

Her mom facetimed her a few weeks ago excited to tell her that for their 20th anniversary they're going to do a road trip starting in Georgia to visit Stone Mountain, then to Kentucky, finally a stop in Tennessee. Basically they're planning a good, southern, confederate vacation. My wife was so stunned I guess it showed on her face and instead of reading as the WTF that it was, her mom thought she didn't know what Stone Mountain or some of the other sites they're visiting are so she proceeded to explain.

Her stepdad and mom both watch NASCAR now, which they made fun of until 2016. Her dad, who owns a business for roofing and painting houses is now 100% anti-immigration despite a long history of not only hiring illegals, but helping them find a place to live, helping to pay to move them, and helping them with paperwork. Her dad doesn't go to church and previously hated churches as an organization, but now supports the church and considers him self religious. I could go on and on with their shit in viewpoints just since 2016.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote