Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2024, 06:38 PM   #9201
RainMaker
General Manager

You're defending the violent slaughter of civilians by an ethnostate.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 06:39 PM   #9202
BYU 14
Coordinator

Jesus, Israel is not without blood on their hands, but lumping them in with NK, Somalia and the like is just ludicrous, bordering on just plain bigoted.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 06:52 PM   #9203
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Jesus, Israel is not without blood on their hands, but lumping them in with NK, Somalia and the like is just ludicrous, bordering on just plain bigoted.

I wasn't comparing them to those countries. I was saying the people in Gaza (and the West Bank) live in similar oppressive situations to those in those countries.

They have been holding millions of people in a concentration camp and committing genocide against them. It's an apartheid state that doesn't allow free speech, free expression, or a free press. Throw in some forced sterilization and torture.

I don't know where that would put a country on the oppressive nation rankings. But I'd say it's pretty high up there.
Old 01-16-2024, 08:09 PM   #9204
Atocep
Coordinator

Dems flipped florida state house district 35, which DeSantis won by 12 points.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:49 PM   #9205
Atocep
Coordinator

https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-bi...1398?piano_t=1

Sex between 2 men - a crime
Being trans - a crime
2 men or women marrying each other - crime

Sex with your first cousin - a-ok
Old 01-17-2024, 02:27 PM   #9206
molson
General Manager

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:47 AM   #9207
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump posted that a president needs total immunity even for things that cross the line. There's no doubt what will happen if he's elected.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:23 AM   #9208
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-bi...1398?piano_t=1

Sex between 2 men - a crime
Being trans - a crime
2 men or women marrying each other - crime

Sex with your first cousin - a-ok

Skeletons, meet closet.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:23 AM   #9209
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump posted that a president needs total immunity even for things that cross the line. There's no doubt what will happen if he's elected.

While at the same time attacking Biden for made up things that cross the line.

The fact that no one seems to be calling Trump on his BS is amazing. No one has asked him if he understands that his version of immunity means Biden could have him assassinated or if he understands that everything he's accusing Biden of isn't a crime based on his immunity claims. He can't have it both ways.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:37 AM   #9210
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The fact that no one seems to be calling Trump on his BS is amazing. No one has asked him if he understands that his version of immunity means Biden could have him assassinated or if he understands that everything he's accusing Biden of isn't a crime based on his immunity claims. He can't have it both ways.

That 3 panel judge should have asked Trump's attorney that question.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:05 AM   #9211
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't like the "forgiveness" but don't mind it. From what I've read so far, a lot of the forgiveness is to correct mistakes, bad record keeping, unfair continuation of repayments and such. In other words, stuff that should be fixed.

(As someone who has personally suffered through the clutches and stupid inefficiencies of the IRS, which has been remediated in my favor only after I reached out to my congresswoman, I sympathize with anyone having to deal with a big, uncaring, inefficient agency).

So fine. But if true, that this mess was caused by whoever, and whatever agency, I want heads to roll. Why aren't heads rolling?

And if I was one of the student debtors done wrong, I would sue for, at a minimum, interest on the unnecessary repayments I made and unnecessary "pain and suffering" or like. You'd think there'd be a class action lawsuit.

Biden administration to cancel $4.9 billion in student debt for 74,000 borrowers - MarketWatch
Quote:
Roughly 74,000 student loan borrowers will receive $4.9 billion in debt cancellation, the Biden administration announced Friday.

The borrowers who are part of this announcement have either been in repayment on their loans for at least 20 years or are public servants who have been working for the government or certain nonprofits for at least 10 years and been paying on their loans during that period.
:
Friday’s announcement is part of a broader suite of Biden administration initiatives aimed at streamlining borrowers’ path to relief under existing forgiveness programs. So far, the administration has approved $136.6 billion in debt cancellation for more than 3.7 million borrowers through these efforts.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-19-2024 at 05:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:10 PM   #9212
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah Baby, this is the horse trading, backroom dealing, creativity I was talking about.

Dems float a trade: Ukraine-border deal for protecting Johnson - POLITICO
Quote:
But given the stakes in Ukraine and the political fallout from the migrant crisis, some Democrats are considering a once almost unthinkable idea to land the plane: trading a border deal for protecting Johnson’s gavel.

Several Democrats — including House Armed Services Committee ranking member Adam Smith (D-Wash.), House Homeland Security Committee ranking member Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and border Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas) — said yesterday that if Johnson puts the Senate deal on the floor, some in their party would likely step in to make sure he holds on as speaker.

“Our job is not to save Johnson, but I think it would be a mighty pity, if he did the right thing … for us not to support him,” Thompson said. “Up to this point, he’s been a fairly honest broker.”
But reasons why it won't happen ...

Quote:
First off, let’s be clear: There are a million reasons why this idea will probably never come to pass. For one, Johnson is very unlikely to ever go there. He’d utterly ruin his relationship with Trump — not to mention alienate large swaths of his own conference by relying on Democrats to keep his job.

But the fact that some Democrats are even talking about the idea shows how desperate they are to find a solution. The party knows that time is running out to help Ukraine. And they’re getting pummeled on the border issue politically and need to do something to alleviate the situation.

... and last but not least, it's no longer a secret.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-19-2024 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #9213
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Johnson can save his gavel for the next year working with the Dems, but after that he would be done politically.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 05:18 AM   #9214
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice. Good to see there's still some bipartisanship & deal making in the House.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/19/bipa...use-vote-.html
Quote:
A $78 billion tax package with major benefits for companies took a significant step towards becoming law on Friday, when a key House panel overwhelmingly approved the bill by a vote of 40-3.

The strong bipartisan showing in the House Ways and Means Committee adds more momentum to the proposed changes, which include allowing the immediate expensing of research and development costs, allowing machines, equipment, and vehicles to be fully and immediately expensed and increased flexibility for businesses through interest deductions.

The package also includes tax credits to incentivize the building of affordable rental units, disaster relief for wildfires and train derailments that occurred last year, and it takes the first steps to remove double taxation for business and workers with ties to the U.S. and Taiwan.
:
The package released earlier this week was the result of a rare, bipartisan agreement between Republican House Ways and Means Chair Jason Smith (Mo.) and Democratic Senate Finance Chair Ron Wyden (Ore.).
Old 01-22-2024, 09:46 AM   #9215
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"We've avoided shutting down the government. That's no small achievement."
--senior House Republican Tom Cole

I mean he's not wrong, but talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations.
Old 01-22-2024, 06:06 PM   #9216
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nice. Good to see there's still some bipartisanship & deal making in the House.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/19/bipa...use-vote-.html

One thing both parties can agree on is corporate welfare.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:11 PM   #9217
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
And if I was one of the student debtors done wrong, I would sue for, at a minimum, interest on the unnecessary repayments I made and unnecessary "pain and suffering" or like. You'd think there'd be a class action lawsuit.

Or, you know, government could step in and fix the problem. Maybe, you know, that's a good role for government. Fixing problems.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 08:28 PM   #9218
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Florida's CFO supports a bill that would give rump 5 mil in tax funds for his criminal defense.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:58 PM   #9219
RainMaker
General Manager

In the last 24 hours, the U.S. has bombed Yemen, Somalia, and Iraq. Bush years are back baby!
Old 01-23-2024, 11:18 PM   #9220
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Or, you know, government could step in and fix the problem. Maybe, you know, that's a good role for government. Fixing problems.

Sounds like an argument for smaller (and more efficient) government and less bureaucracy.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:09 PM   #9221
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

No, it doesn't.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 05:36 AM   #9222
Edward64
Head Coach

My first thought was great, hope they get some good info. Looks like it may hinge on the minor's testimony.

My second thought is how come they hadn't reached out to her already?

My third thought is how come Trump allies haven't shut this down?

Exclusive: House ethics probe of Gaetz seeks information from DOJ and woman who allegedly had sex with congressman as a minor | CNN Politics
Quote:
The House Ethics Committee investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz has reached out to the woman whom the congressman allegedly had sexual relations with when she was a 17-year-old minor, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work.

The outreach, which has not previously been reported, is a sign that the GOP-led committee’s investigation into the Florida Republican has recently expanded to include questioning around allegations of sex crimes.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:57 AM   #9223
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just looked at the list of GOP House Committee on Ethics Members, and while I'm sure they're all Trump supporters, I don't see a single name that jumps out as one of the typical House Circus Caucus. Also, there are a fair number of Republicans pissed at Gaetz for taking down McCarthy, making the party look bad, and basically getting nothing out of the stunt. I'm sure they'd love to see him go away, one way or another. Even my KY Rep, who touts his affiliation with Trump whenever he needs votes, directly called out Gaetz for this stunt in a recent local interview.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-25-2024 at 06:57 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:27 AM   #9224
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
My first thought was great, hope they get some good info. Looks like it may hinge on the minor's testimony.

My second thought is how come they hadn't reached out to her already?

My third thought is how come Trump allies haven't shut this down?

Exclusive: House ethics probe of Gaetz seeks information from DOJ and woman who allegedly had sex with congressman as a minor | CNN Politics

Last I heard, she had refused to be interviewed by anyone about this. So glad they seem to finally be getting to the bottom of this. Gaetz is one of the biggest embarrassments in congress, would love to see him get kicked out.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:12 PM   #9225
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting situation for Joe.

This is why I’m not paying my student loans
Quote:
A huge chunk of student-loan borrowers simply aren’t paying. The pandemic pause on payments may have ended in October, but roughly 40% of borrowers who had bills due that month sat on their wallets and didn’t send a dime to the government. Some experts estimate that even that figure is an undercount, because it likely doesn’t include borrowers whose loans were paused because of servicer errors.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia recently offered an explanation for this situation. It reported that more than half of borrowers who didn’t make a payment in October — including some who were on plans allowing them to make payments as a percentage of their income — said it was because they couldn’t afford it.

Meanwhile, roughly a quarter of borrowers who skipped their October payment did so because of servicing errors. Another 21% said they chose not to make a payment even though they could afford to do so, according to the Philly Fed.

Don't know what'll happen but interesting social experiment. It's like the "sovereign citizens" movement.

A use case ...

Quote:
“I was like, holy crap, these are all of the words that explain my experiences,” Brooks, who estimates she has about $260,000 in student debt, said after reading the book. “I’m figuring out a way to not pay these student loans. Now I’m going to politicize that. I’m going to talk about it.”
Quote:
For now, borrowers like Brooks who are participating in the debt strike have the protection of the on-ramp, a 12-month grace period following the end of the pause on student-loan payments that allows borrowers who don’t pay to avoid the harshest consequences of the student-loan system. Once that ends, Brooks said, she’ll have to figure something out.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #9226
RainMaker
General Manager

I would say he should file bankruptcy but some asshole spearheaded a law that doesn't allow those loans to be discharged.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:11 PM   #9227
RainMaker
General Manager

Biden administration awfully quiet about an American teenager being executed by Israeli forces last week.

Israeli Fire Kills Palestinian American Teen In Occupied West Bank
Old 01-25-2024, 07:52 PM   #9228
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Biden administration awfully quiet about an American teenager being executed by Israeli forces last week.

Israeli Fire Kills Palestinian American Teen In Occupied West Bank

Let me know if the Israelis knew he was an innocent American teen and purposely executed him.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:58 PM   #9229
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Let me know if the Israelis knew he was an innocent American teen and purposely executed him.

Innocent of what? He was an American teenager visiting family. Soldiers and settlers have been executing Palestinians in the West Bank for a long time. This isn't new. It's just this time they executed an American and our government is shrugging its shoulders.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:04 PM   #9230
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Innocent of what? He was an American teenager visiting family. Soldiers and settlers have been executing Palestinians in the West Bank for a long time. This isn't new. It's just this time they executed an American and our government is shrugging its shoulders.

Did the IDF know he was an American?

If not, then an innocent American teenager wandering about in an active warzone that is in month 4 and you expect the US government to do what exactly?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:10 PM   #9231
RainMaker
General Manager

You do know the West Bank isn't Gaza, right?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:12 PM   #9232
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You do know the West Bank isn't Gaza, right?

Sorry I missed that.

Question still stands.

Quote:

If not, then an innocent American teenager wandering about in an active warzone that is in month 4 and you expect the US government to do what exactly?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:37 PM   #9233
RainMaker
General Manager

There are 60,000 Americans in the West Bank.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:51 AM   #9234
Edward64
Head Coach

Then they should leave and come back to the US where it's (arguably) safer.

So maybe the 2 parter is too much at one time. How about you answer the first question and then we'll do the second?

Quote:

Hint: I'm pretty sure I know the answer, so just a formality.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:47 AM   #9235
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Biden family business associate had no contact with Joe Biden, lawyer says | CNN Politics

Another swing and a miss by Comer
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:31 PM   #9236
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Cuomo is resigning in two weeks.

By the way, I think we need a "State and Local" politics thread as news such as this isn't really part of the Biden Presidency.

DOJ announced the results into gov cuomo's sexual harassment investigation, and it comes out as the same day as perhaps trump's rape case ends-they found he sexually harassed 13 women and he and his staff retaliated against them when they tried to report it;

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...cutive-chamber
Old 01-26-2024, 01:44 PM   #9237
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Then they should leave and come back to the US where it's (arguably) safer.

Most of them are Jewish settlers. They are the ones terrorizing Palestinians and murdering them for their homes/land. They are very much safe in Israel as they work alongside the IDF. You should really read up on this region more.

Quote:
So maybe the 2 parter is too much at one time. How about you answer the first question and then we'll do the second?

I don't know if they knew he was American. I'd say it's arguably worse that they just open fire on any dark-skinned person they see. At the very least, the State Department should be putting out notices that dark-skinned people are in danger of entering Israel as their military has a history of executing people.

If any other country's military was openly executing our citizens, it would be a massive international incident.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:45 PM   #9238
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
DOJ announced the results into gov cuomo's sexual harassment investigation, and it comes out as the same day as perhaps trump's rape case ends-they found he sexually harassed 13 women and he and his staff retaliated against them when they tried to report it;

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...cutive-chamber

What a fucking demented perverty.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:49 PM   #9239
RainMaker
General Manager

Anyway, we are reaching Nixon levels soon.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:12 PM   #9240
RainMaker
General Manager

And it's looking more and more like Michigan is going to go to Trump. He should be fine in PA and maybe WI. Think NV is gone and it might come down to Arizona after all this.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:15 PM   #9241
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup. Good luck with Trump in the WH.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:27 PM   #9242
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Most of them are Jewish settlers. They are the ones terrorizing Palestinians and murdering them for their homes/land. They are very much safe in Israel as they work alongside the IDF. You should really read up on this region more.

?

Not sure what this has anything to do with my comment? I am saying if you are in an area where there is really, bad stuff going on, com'on back to the US.

But I'll wait on the acoustic signatures of the incident before I positively & accurately determine who shot who.

Quote:
I don't know if they knew he was American. I'd say it's arguably worse that they just open fire on any dark-skinned person they see. At the very least, the State Department should be putting out notices that dark-skinned people are in danger of entering Israel as their military has a history of executing people.

If any other country's military was openly executing our citizens, it would be a massive international incident.
Yes, it would be a massive international incident. Good thing there's no evidence that IDF or the Settler was targeting the kid because he was an American.

Per the other thread and your accusations that IDF bulldozed over Palestinians (and bombing of hospital, and another bombing of another hospital with a guided illumination flare etc.), I'd learn to wait for more analysis before jumping to twitter-like conclusions.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:44 PM   #9243
RainMaker
General Manager

It is still bad that our "ally" is executing random civilians whether they are American or not. The fact they did this to an American should result in a strong response. I know they're brown and fair game to you, but he was an American citizen.

And yes, please wait for whatever bullshit report the IDF puts out. Just like the bullshit report with the American journalist they executed. Or that big Hamas headquarters under the hospital. Or the beheaded babies.

I'd say it would be nice if we could get some journalists on the case, but Israel keeps executing them and their families.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:51 PM   #9244
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Yup. Good luck with Trump in the WH.

With your full-throated defense of one of the most far-right government in the world, I think you'd be happy with that.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:17 PM   #9245
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
It is still bad that our "ally" is executing random civilians whether they are American or not. The fact they did this to an American should result in a strong response. I know they're brown and fair game to you, but he was an American citizen.

Intent (and context) is important. Wait for the investigation.

If IDF knew he was an innocent American and purposely killed him, yes there should be a response. If not innocent or didn't know he was an American, then that factors into consideration.

Quote:
And yes, please wait for whatever bullshit report the IDF puts out. Just like the bullshit report with the American journalist they executed. Or that big Hamas headquarters under the hospital. Or the beheaded babies.

I'd say it would be nice if we could get some journalists on the case, but Israel keeps executing them and their families.
Don't forget the rapes and the mutilated bodies.

Spoiler
Old 01-26-2024, 05:24 PM   #9246
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
With your full-throated defense of one of the most far-right government in the world, I think you'd be happy with that.

Anyone come into my house and tries to hurt my family, I will happily kill him/her.

... not a Trump supporter, but it'll be fascinating to see what happens with the Hamas loving progressives and the days after a Trump win.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:31 PM   #9247
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Intent (and context) is important. Wait for the investigation.

If IDF knew he was an innocent American and purposely killed him, yes there should be a response. If not innocent or didn't know he was an American, then that factors into consideration.

Quote:
Don't forget the rapes and the mutilated bodies.

Spoiler

Again, I know you know very little about the region, but MEMRI is basically Israeli Newsmax.

There is no free press in Israel so you have to understand that any reporting is essentially state-run media.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:33 PM   #9248
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Again, I know you know very little about the region, but MEMRI is basically Israeli Newsmax.

There is no free press in Israel so you have to understand that any reporting is essentially state-run media.

No need to read the reports. Watch the video clips. I mean, you provide us with news and video tidbits without confirming first, so why not here.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-26-2024 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:36 PM   #9249
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Anyone come into my house and tries to hurt my family, I will happily kill him/her.

... not a Trump supporter, but it'll be fascinating to see what happens with the Hamas loving progressives and the days after a Trump win.

We're talking about something that happened in the West Bank. Settler violence over there has nothing to do with Hamas. I don't know why you keep bringing it up. Please, pick up a book and learn a little about the region and its conflicts.

And no, you wouldn't be able to stop the military from coming to your home and doing whatever it wanted. Remember that in the West Bank, it is illegal for Palestinians to own guns but legal for Jews. Part of the whole apartheid thing they have going on.

Last edited by RainMaker : 01-26-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:40 PM   #9250
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
We're talking about something that happened in the West Bank. Settler violence over there has nothing to do with Hamas. I don't know why you keep bringing it up. Please, pick up a book and learn a little about the region and its conflicts.
Because there is Hamas in the West Bank. And the tensions in Gaza spills over into West Bank.

I'll pick up a book after you read up on JDAM acoustics and flare "guided missiles".

Quote:
And no, you wouldn't be able to stop the military from coming to your home and doing whatever it wanted. Remember that in the West Bank, it is illegal for Palestinians to own guns but legal for Jews. Part of the whole apartheid thing they have going on.
Not my point? Israel is justified in using force for self-defense.

Arguably, it is now excessive force. But not right after Oct 7.

But you're a pacifist? Would you let people come into your house and hurt your loved ones without a response?

EDIT: IMO this should be in the other thread. I'll wait for you there.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-26-2024 at 05:42 PM.