Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM   #1901
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think Umbrella wanted to back the zombies off a little bit today. With the infector down, the zombies are stuck at two; don't count on them lifting a finger until and unless they're to two themselves (in which case they'll have to have another zombie killed to win).

I'd be interested in our count right now... we need to keep Umbrella from getting a plurality of the votes.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM   #1902
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

When I say "don't count on them lifting a finger", I mean, don't count on Umbrella. They've got their win set up.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-30-2006, 07:04 AM   #1903
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I'm not sure what your purpose is here. Does it really matter to you if I am the STARS or Umbrella seer? Would the Umbrella seer really slip in a known zombie?

As I said before, I didn't like any of the candidates on the block (LSG, SnDvls or spleen). I wasn't sure about spleen, but it was way too close with 2 other non-zombies there. So I made my move.

I could care less who is umbrella anymore. I'm looking to win the game with zombie kills. If you are an umbrella, then I can understand what you're doing. If you're STARS, why aren't you satisfied that we bagged a zombie?

Of course I am happy that we bagged a zombie, but its important to know that umbrella isn't trying to help us win. What happened today was umbrella saving one of their own (Sndvls) and we need to remember that its very likely last night's big hubbub was staged not to deliver us a zombie, but to save an umbrella member.

It ended up having the added effect of nabbing a zombie, but if Spleen (whom appears now to not be umbrella probably but could still be Stars or a zombie) was lynched instead, we could have walked away holding our heads again if he had been stars.

My point here is that we wern't handed a zombie last night by umbrella (or stars even), and we shouldn't expect umbrella to just hand us a zombie in the future either. They want to win, so for us to keep that in mind is probably a pretty good idea.

I can forsee it being very likely for us to get to a point in the game where umbrella is close to winning and suddenly they hand us a STARS member as the "zombie" to try to lock up a win.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #1904
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I can forsee it being very likely for us to get to a point in the game where umbrella is close to winning and suddenly they hand us a STARS member as the "zombie" to try to lock up a win.

Good point.

How well were we doing before I revealed? Lynching an Umbrella would have been just as bad as lynching a STARS.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:01 AM   #1905
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good point.

How well were we doing before I revealed? Lynching an Umbrella would have been just as bad as lynching a STARS.

I have no problem with the reveal or how things went down last night. If Spleen had been lynched and ended up STARS then I would have been a bit more upset. I am not sure what to think of Spleen's last hour antics, but I am guessing the upcoming day or two will tell if Spleen is Stars or zombie.

I was perfectly fine with taking a chance on unknowns that -could- be stars to try to hit a zombie. I also think yesterday helped the Stars get a better feel on who are more likely to be umbrella members than Stars members as well based on their behavior during the day's votes.

So I think yesterday was a good day for us, and alot of it has to do with your revealing. If we had gone on and lynched Sndvls and he had ended up Umbrella, I wouldn't have been horribly upset though but a zombie is far better.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #1906
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've done something a little bit rash, wish me luck. If I screwed it up, we're behind the eight-ball.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #1907
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

And what's up with timestamps not being corrected for DST? My TZ is eastern and my option for DST corrections is "always on".

Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #1908
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I've done something a little bit rash, wish me luck. If I screwed it up, we're behind the eight-ball.

let me guess, you were the stars sniper and chose to kill someone last night? Want to say who it was since deadline is past?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #1909
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And what's up with timestamps not being corrected for DST? My TZ is eastern and my option for DST corrections is "always on".

not sure. for me the time is 2:24pm on the forums. I never set any of that I guess
Old 10-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #1910
Fouts
College Starter

Converted sniper would suck.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #1911
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Converted sniper would suck.

I wonder if a converted sniper would get blocked by a bodyguard if that ever became a possibility. I'm not sure that Mr.W would have been on my top 5-8 list for who to convert, but I guess thats because he was on my top 5 suspect list though.

I am guessing Mr.W was not converted and he played a hunch last night. Guess we get to find out how well it worked out soon.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM   #1912
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I wonder if a converted sniper would get blocked by a bodyguard if that ever became a possibility. I'm not sure that Mr.W would have been on my top 5-8 list for who to convert, but I guess thats because he was on my top 5 suspect list though.

I am guessing Mr.W was not converted and he played a hunch last night. Guess we get to find out how well it worked out soon.

I'm hoping if he was converted, that he still kills himself for shooting one of his own.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM   #1913
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In thinking about it. not worried about a converted sniper. If he takes the life of a STARS or Umbrella member then he will kill himself too. So that to me means one of two things:

1) If he is a converted sniper and kills a STARS, he will kill himself anyways.

2) If he is a converted sniper and the rule changes for a converted sniper and a STARS dies, then we know something is up if Mr.w is still alive and we lynch him today.

So with that said, nothing really to worry about. If no zombies died last night and Mr.W is still around he's the target today. So lets just hope he guessed well.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #1914
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm hoping if he was converted, that he still kills himself for shooting one of his own.

Oh I see.. so you say a converted sniper who kills a fellow zombie in order to gain trust. Hmm guess its a possibility. Should be fun to watch. Not going to worry too much until we see it play out though
Old 10-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #1915
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Oh I see.. so you say a converted sniper who kills a fellow zombie in order to gain trust. Hmm guess its a possibility. Should be fun to watch. Not going to worry too much until we see it play out though

No, I was thinking like you that he still couldn't kill a STARS player. I'm really not sure how Chubby would work this one out.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 AM   #1916
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Something else to think about if there are two independant seers out there, and we had a short list of 3 names that many people thought should be scanned (Dodgerchick, path, Mr.W) the odds of Mr.W being a zombie and getting scanned was pretty high.

Now if both of the remaining zombies fell into that group, they might resort to some last ditch effort to try to survive and get some trust.

Yeah yeah, I know. I am paranoid about everyone. Just thinking through scenerios in my head and what I would try.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #1917
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I scanned Mr. W. So this info would have been nice a few hours ago.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #1918
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sorry, Fouts. I didn't want to squelch my move. I knew that both I and my target were possible scans for you.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #1919
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm guessing that, if I'd been converted, I would have lost the night kill ability.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #1920
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, Fouts. I didn't want to squelch my move. I knew that both I and my target were possible scans for you.

Want to share who your target was?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #1921
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I suppose if you had said something they would have killed you. Can't wait for the result.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #1922
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think I'd rather let the zombies sit in suspense.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #1923
spleen1015
Coordinator

Where is Chubby? I'm anxious to see what happened now!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #1924
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have no problem with the reveal or how things went down last night. ..

Personally, I think things could have been gone better.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to see who's brains got munched.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #1925
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I gotta bail. I hope Mr. W's move turns out well. I'll check back in this afternoon, assuming I'm alive.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #1926
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Chubby is currently busy sleeping off an all night drinking binge.

Either that or maybe Mr.W decided to snipe Chubby last night and end the game in a stalemate.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #1927
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby is currently busy sleeping off an all night drinking binge.

Either that or maybe Mr.W decided to snipe Chubby last night and end the game in a stalemate.

I told you all that Chubby was a zombie sympathizer. He is observing an hour of silence to commemorate my ..errr... demise. You really just can't kill a zombie you know.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 10-30-2006 at 09:32 AM. Reason: because I can
Old 10-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #1928
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

sorry, comp issues.

PMs and results up shortly
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #1929
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

3. Dodgerchick ??? voted: Cronin, cronin, Fouts, spleen
4. path12 ??? voted: cronin, lathum*, cronin*, Spleen
8. Mr. Wednesday ??? claims sniper voted: bulletsponge*, BrianD, cronin*, Lonestargirl
10. Chief Rum ??? voted: bulletsponge*, Lathum*, cronin*, Glengoyne*
11. Fouts ??? claims IA voted: cronin, Sndvls, Sndvls, Spleen
12. lonestargirl Not-Zombie(fouts) voted: cronin, Lathum*, Fouts, Spleen
14. SnDvls Not-zombie(fouts) claims umbrella voted: bulletsponge*, Alan, Glengoyne, Glengoyne*
16. spleen1015 ??? claims vanilla-stars voted: bulletsponge*, Alan, Cronin*, Glengoyne*
17. hoopsguy Not-Zombie(fouts) voted: bulletsponge*, Lathum*, Cronin*, Glengoyne*
18. BrianD ??? voted: bulletsponge*, Sndvls, Cronin*, Glengoyne*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Dodgerchick/Anxiety right now seems the most suspicious. First 3 days buddying up to me (to the point where I responded saying that type of behavior usually makes me more suspicious of someone moreso than less suspicious) at which time Anxiety stopped buddying up to me. At that point, Anxiety made it sound like I was his most trusted person. Then suddenly with a new player, having the same amount information I'm assuming that Anxiety had, suddenly turn into most suspicious (and even got a vote from Dodgerchick before she finished reading the thread).

First two days stuck on cronin pretty strongly, then third day switched to Fouts when Cronin was lynched. Through 4 days only DC/Anxiety and Fouts are the only people who haven't been involved in the lynch decision yet.

The change in behavior from Cronin to fouts between days 2 and 3 after voting cronin for two straight days signals a change in belief or trust, however in the thread Anxiety comes out and publically supports me for voting cronin, and makes it aware that he trusts me. Anxiety's publically supporting me after I voted Cronin signifies to me that he did not learn anything from day 2 to day 3 specially important about Cronin. It would also make sense that if he had some ability to gain special knowledge about Cronin he would have done so on night 1 after voting cronin day 1.

The change of behavior from Anxiety to Dodgerchick on day 3 to day 4, going from most trusted to least trusted, signifies a change as well. One possibility would be learning something from a scan at night, which is doubtful in this case as seen with the behavior on the Cronin vote. Its much easier explained by the different person playing the role now having either a different take on the information received, or a different strategy for playing the role.

Based on the day 2 -> day 3 change, I'm right now thinking Dodgerchick might be my top suspect for the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #1930
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Please wait until I post results before talking about last night
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #1931
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
sorry, comp issues.

PMs and results up shortly

See, check the timestamp. One hour. You guys are in SO much trouble, I infected Chubby.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #1932
Tyrith
College Starter

*faceclub Glen*
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #1933
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Another fun but probably meaningless data point is Chief Rum is the only person left who has been a part of every lynch decision so far this game. (2 Stars, 1 umbrella, 1 Zombie) which I guess if anything speaks well of him the diverse voting for various groups.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #1934
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, as part of your DC analysis - I initially asked DC to switch votes with me at the end of last night. She was still in the thread when I posed the question but did not answer. I then moved on to BrianD, who did switch with me to the Infector.

DC voting for Spleen is what pushed me over the top on making the vote change - I had not trusted Anxiety much at all over the first couple of days so this carried over to DC. Which is why I started by asking her if she would be willing to change candidates.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #1935
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, as part of your DC analysis - I initially asked DC to switch votes with me at the end of last night. She was still in the thread when I posed the question but did not answer. I then moved on to BrianD, who did switch with me to the Infector.

DC voting for Spleen is what pushed me over the top on making the vote change - I had not trusted Anxiety much at all over the first couple of days so this carried over to DC. Which is why I started by asking her if she would be willing to change candidates.

As a Stars member watching the lynch, I didn't know which would turn up a zombie (like many said, whether they believed it or were just telling a story), I had no idea which one if not both were bad. So for arguement sake, I think by itself not moving at the last minute, isn't necessarily a clear cut case of being bad... but in this case its one more thing on the stack of other things I don't like.

Its all moot if Spleen is a zombie too, but right now DC seems to have barely edged out hoops as my most distrusted on my list
Old 10-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #1936
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
*faceclub Glen*

Hey you can't do that. I ate your brain!

Sorry, I'll go away now.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #1937
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I just want to say, boo-yah!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #1938
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lo all. Still feeling crappy and this is the first time I've checked in to FOFC since Saturday morning. Glad to see DC took over the reigns. See you all in the next WW (ran by me, btw).

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #1939
hoopsguy
General Manager

Double boo-yah.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #1940
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I'll shut up now and wait for Chubby.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #1941
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

After a thrilling day, the townspeople what could possibly be more exciting? Surey last night couldn't top the daytime (and don't call me Shirley).

Everyone gathers in the townsquare as is ritual and notices that there's TWO people missing! They start to canvas house to house before arriving at Alan T's house. They find him sitting at his computer playing some sort of game. His brains are splattered all over the monitor, all they can make out on the screen is "F-F 2--7" They of course, find a gun and holster in his computer desk.

The crowd saddened by Alan's death keep searching house to find who else is missing!

Little Timmy suddenly yells out "Where's my brother path12?!?!?" and starts crying. The crowd rushes to path's house to try and find him. When they arrive they are puzzled, path is nowhere to be seen! Finally someone notices that in the outside of the front door there is a bloody bullet embeded in the doorframe, there is however no body.

Day Five Ends Mon 11pm EST
Old 10-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #1942
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Lo all. Still feeling crappy and this is the first time I've checked in to FOFC since Saturday morning. Glad to see DC took over the reigns. See you all in the next WW (ran by me, btw).

-Anxiety

Hope you get feeling better Anxiety
Old 10-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #1943
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

An otherwise useless game redeemed.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #1944
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good luck the rest of the game guys.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #1945
path12
Coordinator

Bastard.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #1946
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I wouldn't be surprised if we've now taken down the two original zombies, which would leave the convert. In that case, we can't rely on Fouts's pre-night 3 scans.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1947
hoopsguy
General Manager

They came for me last night, but I'm SWAT and I stayed home on a protect. Was not able to hit my 12.5% role to identify the attacker, but glad I finally guessed right on one of my actions.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1948
Tyrith
College Starter

And now the Alan harassing can begin
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #1949
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr.W, we can largely count on Fouts' scans if you believe his order and believe that I'm actually a bodyguard.

Night 1 - protected Fouts
Night 2 - protected NTN
Night 3 - protected LSG (key here in trusting Fouts' scans)
Night 4 - stayed home on the protect
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #1950
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And now the Alan harassing can begin

lol. I feel a bit better now than I did after Cronin. Being a part of getting people shifted to Glengoyne and Sndvls helps me feel not completely useless. Was fun though. Will be reading interestedly to see how it ends up