Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #2351
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
It doesn't say they would lose it in the rules, does it?

Very helpful!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #2352
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, Fouts scanned me the night I killed path12 and found that I was exactly what I said I was.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #2353
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I've got to say, this game is fun to watch from my viewpoint.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #2354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr.W, that's right - thanks for the reminder on this one.

OK, so we are left with the same two people for Zombies that we had last night. We also strike an umbrella potentially with Chief, which is a secondary consideration. Zombie is obviously the priority, but if I'm going to miss I want to take out the Umbrella.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #2355
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Mr.W, that's right - thanks for the reminder on this one.

OK, so we are left with the same two people for Zombies that we had last night. We also strike an umbrella potentially with Chief, which is a secondary consideration. Zombie is obviously the priority, but if I'm going to miss I want to take out the Umbrella.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Are you sure you've got the numbers to make that tradeoff?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #2356
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If we're wrong, it comes down to a combination of who hoops protected last night and how quick I am on the draw.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #2357
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, then, if I fail, it'll be 1-1-1 tomorrow and you, hoops, and spleen are going to have fun trying to figure out who wins.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #2358
hoopsguy
General Manager

Brian, I'm sure about two STARS - me and MrW. I'm sure if we are wrong today I'll be guarding one of them tonight. I'm sure you are Umbrella and not Zombie. That is where my certainty ends and where the risk-taking begins. But my vote stands and I would be willing to go nightfall if others want to head in that direction. I can't anticipate an argument where Chief is moving my vote.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #2359
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian, I'm sure about two STARS - me and MrW. I'm sure if we are wrong today I'll be guarding one of them tonight. I'm sure you are Umbrella and not Zombie. That is where my certainty ends and where the risk-taking begins. But my vote stands and I would be willing to go nightfall if others want to head in that direction. I can't anticipate an argument where Chief is moving my vote.

I would imagine he won't give you one.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #2360
Lorena
Unregistered

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #2361
Fouts
College Starter

Good game guys, and good luck STARS!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #2362
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Geez, it is quiet as a graveyard in here.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #2363
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yeah, well, it sure looks like the day is already set.

If we have a night, everybody already knows what they're going to do for that, too... in fact, I'd venture to say that Chubby could just run it immediately.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #2364
spleen1015
Coordinator

Has hoops been scanned after Night 3 to verify his role?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #2365
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spleen, Fouts (IA) scanned me Night 3. That was the night of the conversion and Fouts' scan runs after the conversion. I'm proven non-Zombie, just like MrW and BrianD.

Chief, are you going to try to say anything to sway the vote? Otherwise I'm content to vote nightfall.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #2366
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Yeah, well, it sure looks like the day is already set.

If we have a night, everybody already knows what they're going to do for that, too... in fact, I'd venture to say that Chubby could just run it immediately.

I think we are in for a pretty exciting finish to this thing.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #2367
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, I can't say I am surprised. If I were you guys, I probably would come to the same conclusion.

What I have to ask is, why are you so certain spleen is STARS (if he's not zombie that is), hoops? You say you would rather kill me than him because I am UMBRELLA.

The fact is, you have no assurances of what spleen is. He has been playing everyone int his game like a fool. I called him on it, but unfortunately, given my faction allegiance, I can't swing you guys to believing what I am telling you--even as it is right in front of your face.

He consistently voted for STARS until forced to appear he was aligned with them. Kills are coming every night, despite the fact that a single zombie should be having just a 50% kill chance. Obviously, the zombie could just be incredibly lucky, but are those the odds you want to assume there is one zombie left?

If I am wrong, then MrW can just shoot me dead tonight. spleen is a zombie and no one has cleared him at all. At this point, I don't care if Umbrella wins--I just don't want the zombies to win, because that means spleen wins. He shouldn't be rewarded for playing the game this way.

Something else to note--all of your calculations on remaining zombies from a couple days ago was based on Umbrella working and voting together. Has it not been clear for sometime now that Umbrella has in fact been a fractured faction that has had more infighting than positive results outside of the faction?

We started with Lathum, Anxiety, BrianD, myself and SnDvls. Lathum and Anxiety took the lead for us, as experienced WW players tend to do. But Anxiety was kiboshed right away from being sick, and an unlucky swing of the vote got Lathum on Day 2. Brian, SnDvls and I haven't been able to agree on anything. Dodgerchick took four days to catch up, and was never really on board with anything (always hard to do in the middle of a game). Brian has actively voted against Umbrella in our endgame situations. I revealed, really, against the wishes of the remaining members of the faction. SnDvls was cut off because of what he did.

spleen is a zombie. Kill him today, and so help me, if he is not, MrW, take your potshot at me. I would deserve it.

Don't just vote on automatic. Think this through. Not everyone is telling the truth--and I have been telling you this for two days now.

LYNCH SPLEEN

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #2368
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Kills are coming every night, despite the fact that a single zombie should be having just a 50% kill chance. Obviously, the zombie could just be incredibly lucky, but are those the odds you want to assume there is one zombie left?

If there are two Zombies left they are you and Spleen. Other three have been cleared by Fouts on Days 3, 4, and 5. That is easy.

If there is one Zombie then we have to guess. I'm guessing you because I do not believe that the actions of Umbrella are as fractured as you are presenting. Umbrella was basically in end-game mode (able to control the vote if you remove a STARS) on Day 4 when you revealed and offered us Spleen. We did not take the bait. Based on the Umbrella members not revolting against you I'll believe that you were Umbrella but have since been converted to Zombie.

I'm not sure on Spleen - MrW takes the pot shot tomorrow night if it boils down to it. But I'm thinking it won't ...
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #2369
hoopsguy
General Manager

Er, takes the pot shot tonight if it boils down to it.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #2370
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Er, takes the pot shot tonight if it boils down to it.

Assuming he gets a chance to.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #2371
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm off to class, but I should be back before the deadline...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #2372
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Kills are coming every night, despite the fact that a single zombie should be having just a 50% kill chance. Obviously, the zombie could just be incredibly lucky, but are those the odds you want to assume there is one zombie left?
So what you're saying is, you're a zombie, but spleen is one too? And this is supposed to convince us we're doing the wrong thing how?

Old 11-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #2373
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, I just figured out how Chief's reveal makes sense.

(A little late, admittedly...)

Assume that the situation at the time was four STARS, four Umbrella, one zombie (as we have been doing anyway). Here's the problem for Umbrella: all the STARS are accounted for between you, me, Fouts, and LSG, so the one thing they need to happen -- a combined STARS lynch and STARS night kill or an error by me in shooting a STARS -- has no chance of actually occurring. Then, the reason for coming out is exactly as stated: he sees no way for Umbrella to win the game, so he decided to try to end it then in favor of STARS, rather than dragging it out and giving the zombie a shot.

Do I think this is enough to change our approach today? I can't really say.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #2374
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, that should be, how it makes sense as an Umbrella. Obviously, Fouts and I had no trouble figuring it as a zombie, but up until now it hadn't clicked as an Umbrella.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #2375
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Chief Rum
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #2376
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hmm, just looked again, and while the strategy might make sense, the actual content of the reveal does not.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #2377
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

wow, maybe this long ass game will finally be over tonight
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #2378
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Personally, I'm hoping it ends in ten minutes, and if not then, when the night actions are processed.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #2379
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Personally, I'm hoping it ends in ten minutes, and if not then, when the night actions are processed.

Don't count on it...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #2380
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

It will depend on the order of night actions.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #2381
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yeah, well, I'll feel bad about being wrong about Chief, if I'm wrong, but I can't really help that his reveal makes no sense at all.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 PM   #2382
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, well, I'll feel bad about being wrong about Chief, if I'm wrong, but I can't really help that his reveal makes no sense at all.

That works for me. I win in a 1-1-1 matchup.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #2383
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

without Hoops here, I've got the votes.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #2384
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Chief Rum
Vote Spleen
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #2385
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Damn.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #2386
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
That works for me. I win in a 1-1-1 matchup.
Are you sure about that?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #2387
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Brian, why'd you flip back and forth? With hoops, spleen, and I already voting for Chief, the result's been set all day.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #2388
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you sure about that?

If it got to that point...I think so.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #2389
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

It would have been nice if you guys had been around before the lynch yesterday and today. How can I work any magic if nobody is around?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #2390
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

where is chubs?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #2391
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

where is chubs?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #2392
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dangit, the suspense is killing me, and I've got to wait longer!

I'd like to state, for the record, that if Chief Rum is in fact Umbrella, I'm fine with Chubby just running the pro forma night actions to get us right into the following day. (hoops protecting whoever, spleen trying to kill me, me trying to kill spleen, Brian... researching...)

Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #2393
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Insert Evil Laughter here!!!!!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #2394
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The thing is...if Spleen kills you before you get your shot off, we can team up to lynch Hoops and get a zombie/umbrella win.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #2395
Lorena
Unregistered

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #2396
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Dangit, the suspense is killing me, and I've got to wait longer!

I'd like to state, for the record, that if Chief Rum is in fact Umbrella, I'm fine with Chubby just running the pro forma night actions to get us right into the following day. (hoops protecting whoever, spleen trying to kill me, me trying to kill spleen, Brian... researching...)

I think the game should be over. Chief has to be the last zombie.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #2397
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
The thing is...if Spleen kills you before you get your shot off, we can team up to lynch Hoops and get a zombie/umbrella win.

Don't get your hopes up.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #2398
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

We're post-deadline, so if you are a zombie, it doesn't really matter if you reveal now.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #2399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
We're post-deadline, so if you are a zombie, it doesn't really matter if you reveal now.

I know. I'm telling you, I'm not a zombie. Chief is the last one.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #2400
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That would make my strategy better, wouldn't it?