Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #2651
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, you are one of two or three people I trust so I appreciate that and won't push. That's enough for me and I hope you didn't think I was being too paranoid or over-stepping my bounds as an engineer.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #2652
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Before I take off, do we want our security staff to post on here where we're guarding so we don't leave anything open, or keep in on the DL?

Keep it on the downlow.. Schmidty and oliegirl are locked in where they have to protect certain areas that are important (cargo hold and security HQ).. that leaves the engines which are super important.. You and Hoops are the two that have to decide if you are guarding the engines or hoping the other will...

At this point I'd rather both guard than neither however.. but your call I wouldnt post in the thread though in case one of you want to be sneaky
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #2653
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Time to work on the next song...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #2654
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Alan, you are one of two or three people I trust so I appreciate that and won't push. That's enough for me and I hope you didn't think I was being too paranoid or over-stepping my bounds as an engineer.

No I didn't feel that way at all.. I'm trying very hard to not be heavy handed as the captain (which is difficult for my personality type)

As for the slaves, I personally wanted them killed after day 1 but didnt because the majority of people asked me not to.. and they have helped us out a bunch I think, so I feel the majority made a better choice there than me.

I'm hoping to listen to the crew as well about when to kill off the slaves as best I can without compromising any other plans or ship issues
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #2655
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Keep it on the downlow.. Schmidty and oliegirl are locked in where they have to protect certain areas that are important (cargo hold and security HQ).. that leaves the engines which are super important.. You and Hoops are the two that have to decide if you are guarding the engines or hoping the other will...

At this point I'd rather both guard than neither however.. but your call I wouldnt post in the thread though in case one of you want to be sneaky

Oh re-reading I guess only schmidty is locked in and oliegirl could also guard either the engine or the security HQ.. but either way I dont know that we want to announce our moves to the spawn
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #2656
Danny
Head Coach

I need to run to a tux rental place now, so I will be gone until after the deadline. I feel fine about leaving my vote on Telle in regards to comparing her to others. Whether it is Telle or not though, I hope we see a lynch today.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #2657
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Since I have been opposed no lynch since the get go and since it looks like we are close to lynching somebody I am all about it!

vote telle
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #2658
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

oh and for what its worth I would love to vote bulletsponge instead, but like Mrs. Schmidty said i doubt we are gong to get a run on him with an hour to deadline
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #2659
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Fair warning, Alan. I submitted an order to to put you, hoops, path, and KWhit in there. Day 1 has taught me that you can override what I've done (though I don't really see where in the rules it says you can do that), so I figured I'd let you know. My reasoning is to keep one COT intact, in case the RendeR/Schmidty COT falls through somehow.

I'm hoping that this is overturned so I can use my night abilities. RendeR is a better choice than me for the lockup.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #2660
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Power of Crys (Huey Lewis' Power of Love)

The power of crys is a curious thing
Make the spawn weep, make us humans sing
Change a broken ship into a little white dove
More than gasoline, that's the power of crys

Mined like diamonds, important as air
stronger and harder to find that BK's hair (sorry BK)
Leave a bad spawn behind, make a weak phaser strong
Power of crys let's us all get gone

You don't need money, don't take a chip
Don't need no ticket to ride this ship
Its strong and almost fixed
and it might just save your life
That's the power of crys
That's the power of crys
Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #2661
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I really dont know how to vote here. Marc Vaughn lying about being an empath? Everybody following hoops blindly to hang Telle?

I think I am giong to wait till BK comes back with Chubby's statement to vote

It isn't blind.

1.) She has been on three away missions
2.) She has not been cleared
3.) Her explanation for activities last night do not jive with my PM from following her
4.) People are listening to me because the seer scanned me after I returned from my away trip
Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #2662
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

how many votes does it take to hang someone tonight?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #2663
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
how many votes does it take to hang someone tonight?

8 I believe
Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #2664
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Good call, Alan -- now that you mention it, I do remember that hoops needs to do night actions (but I didn't think of it then). Also, you and I are usually early-morning people. Can you tell me when you'll be available in the morning? I'd like to get your opinion on something then.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #2665
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so I want to go after the COT notion a little bit.

Day 1 - Path clears KWhit
Night 1 (no brig) - Mrs Schmidty protects KWhit

KWhit - can you confirm that Mrs Schmidty protected you that evening?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #2666
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote No Execution

I just don't see enough evidence for anyone thus far. The Cap'n voted No Execution and I'm a good c'mpnee man.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #2667
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Now for my vote switch. Right before I left, path made a good point. hoops, who has been scanned cleaned, said he saw Telle up to something. That scan is not totally trustworthy, but it's enough for me to give him a little benefit of the doubt. And if Telle comes up good, then we'll know that we should be looking hard at whether this COT is real.

UNVOTE NO LYNCH
VOTE TELLE
Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #2668
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm out for awhile.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #2669
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, anyone know who were the Night 1 people that got mixed up with slaves?

I'm pretty certain that Mrs Schmidty shot one of them. Someone else (Olie?) shot a slave that night, as we had two spent phasers.

Who were the others that encountered slaves?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #2670
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I completely disagree. I say we send Saldana and all slaves (so we don't risk additional exposure).

i 100% agree. i will guard the pens again tonight, sans phaser, and then run a mission with 5 slaves tomorrow morning...if you could plan one for me, that would be excellent.

i am only working a half day tomorrow, so I should be able to keep up a bit better (sorry about my prolonged abscenses today)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #2671
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
we should be looking hard at whether this COT is real.

I'm going through that exercise right now. I think it makes sense to question either way, as a sanity check if nothing else.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #2672
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good call, Alan -- now that you mention it, I do remember that hoops needs to do night actions (but I didn't think of it then). Also, you and I are usually early-morning people. Can you tell me when you'll be available in the morning? I'd like to get your opinion on something then.

I'll be here first thing in the morning probably 7-8ish
Old 07-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #2673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Not sure what you have in mind, but even though I'm trying to not rely solely on my gut feelings this game I do have a pretty good gut feeling that kwhit is still ok.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #2674
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm out for awhile.

Bummer, was hoping to get your thoughts on the differences between my PM and Telle's accounting of it, given your no vote lynch.

You were cleared today and didn't go on an away mission.
I was cleared today after going on an away mission.

We should be able to have a more trust-based conversation right now than at just about any point in a werewolf game. I'm honestly very interested in hearing what your thoughts are on Telle so far.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #2675
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i 100% agree. i will guard the pens again tonight, sans phaser, and then run a mission with 5 slaves tomorrow morning...if you could plan one for me, that would be excellent.

i am only working a half day tomorrow, so I should be able to keep up a bit better (sorry about my prolonged abscenses today)

Saldana will you be around in the morning or not till afternoon?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #2676
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure what you have in mind, but even though I'm trying to not rely solely on my gut feelings this game I do have a pretty good gut feeling that kwhit is still ok.

I don't really have a master plan here ... I just want to identify where we may have some potential weakness in the COT. If it is ironclad, that is great news.

I've got questions on your gut feeling, but don't want to go over them in the thread if you don't want to discuss them at length.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2677
saldana
Pro Starter

just to prevent any nonsensical late shifting

vote telle
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2678
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana will you be around in the morning or not till afternoon?

i will be on for about half an hour at 7 am, then back around 1230
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2679
mccollins
College Prospect

Starting at the top of page 48 right now ... I'm going to glance at the end to see if I need to do anything (like vote...)
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2680
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't really have a master plan here ... I just want to identify where we may have some potential weakness in the COT. If it is ironclad, that is great news.

I've got questions on your gut feeling, but don't want to go over them in the thread if you don't want to discuss them at length.

I'm not really ready to go over them in thread. Once we get into space (hopefully tommorrow) if you want to use your interrogation with me to talk in private, I don't mind explaining what I feel there.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #2681
hoopsguy
General Manager

Actually, Alan, I'll take a different direction. I was under the impression that your "trusted officer" was someone besides KWhit.

I don't want to know if your gut is pure gut, or game-ability gut. Just letting you know where I was at with my thought process.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #2682
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hoops, just so you know where I stand with you.. I was really close to pulling the trigger and offing you last night but restrained myself, today I feel better about you after Path's scan obviously. Even though I've been asking for someone to scan path for days and no one has, I still feel pretty decently about him being good mostly for metagame reasons probably. So his scan of you basically means you are either: 1) A good guy or 2) The unaware spawn... and I'm not in the habit of starting a hunt on someone who if bad would only fit one of the multiple bad guy roles if that role even is in play here.. just way too low percentages.

I still feel a bit uneasy about your track of conversations yesterday and still fill a bit uneasy about you.. but there is no mathematical reason I feel that anyone should look at you for quite some time.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #2683
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, do me a favor and dont do anything to the slaves until i get back after 12...i would just like to be part of the conversation since i become a sponge if they are dead
Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #2684
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
alan, do me a favor and dont do anything to the slaves until i get back after 12...i would just like to be part of the conversation since i become a sponge if they are dead

Not going to comment too much about the slaves right now, but I will say once they are killed it probably makes sense to move you to a normal security officer so you have more flexibility with your actions.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #2685
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

This post really worries me. Hasn't KWhit already been cleared? Why pile on?

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE ALAN T
Old 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #2686
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

I'm looking for where KWhit confirmed that I guarded him, the exact post number, and yes, I also killed a slave with my phaser.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2687
Passacaglia
Coordinator

FWIW, though, I will switch back to Telle if it's needed to lynch her.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2688
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE ALAN T

Pass, you are either drunk, or didn't read what you just quoted that I said.. or are making a really bad spawn play.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #2689
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ahh woops, forgot I have to run the bb-bbcf sim.. going to multitask in and out to find out what drugs Pass is on.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #2690
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, anyone know who were the Night 1 people that got mixed up with slaves?

I'm pretty certain that Mrs Schmidty shot one of them. Someone else (Olie?) shot a slave that night, as we had two spent phasers.

Who were the others that encountered slaves?

I was one of the people attacked by a slave on night 1. I was wounded but escaped.

As far as Mrs. Schmidty's actions that night, I can't confirm she did what she said she was going to do (I got nothing in my PM that referred to her at all), but she said she was going to guard me, BKs morning post said she was awake in the sleeping quarters (same location where I slept), and I believe she said she killed a slave (which would make sense if one attacked me, but she was guarding me).

So the circumstancial evidence says to me that she did guard me night 1.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #2691
Telle
College Starter

Can somebody explain to me what a spawn could possibly be doing "sneaking about"? What in the rules would match up with this at all? Was I seen attacking someone? No. Was I seen trying to convert someone? No. Was I seen attacking the ship? No.

All we have is hoops's speculation about what he thinks he saw. I told you all, I chose to not go to bed and ended up wandering the halls trying to stay awake.

And since this is the only other persons with votes going on right now..
VOTE BULLETSPONGE
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #2692
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE ALAN T

Pass, Alan's post was in defense of me (guarded defense, but still in defense). Hoops was beginning to slightly question my CoT status, and Alan was saying he thought I was a-ok. I think your vote is misplaced here.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #2693
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Ahh woops, forgot I have to run the bb-bbcf sim.. going to multitask in and out to find out what drugs Pass is on.

If I find all my recruits gone somehow, I'll know what to blame it on.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #2694
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Where's Chubby? He would join me in this vote. Any other takers?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #2695
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm back from dinner and caught up...

The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that Telle was infected on one of her missions, but I don't know if there is enough evidence to justify me putting a vote on her. It's crazy to think that we don't have any spawn among us at this point, but no one has been killed which is kind of freaking me out. I don't think I've played a game where the wolves are this quiet. Maybe if we just keep voting No Lynch they will keep leaving us alone.

I'm not a fan of No Lynch - but in this case I am not comfortable with anything else.

UNVOTE MARC VAUGHAN
VOTE NO EXECUTION
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #2696
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I was one of the people attacked by a slave on night 1. I was wounded but escaped.

As far as Mrs. Schmidty's actions that night, I can't confirm she did what she said she was going to do (I got nothing in my PM that referred to her at all), but she said she was going to guard me, BKs morning post said she was awake in the sleeping quarters (same location where I slept), and I believe she said she killed a slave (which would make sense if one attacked me, but she was guarding me).

So the circumstancial evidence says to me that she did guard me night 1.

That works for me since I can't find the post I was looking for anyway.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #2697
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that Telle was infected on one of her missions, but I don't know if there is enough evidence to justify me putting a vote on her. It's crazy to think that we don't have any spawn among us at this point, but no one has been killed which is kind of freaking me out. I don't think I've played a game where the wolves are this quiet. Maybe if we just keep voting No Lynch they will keep leaving us alone.

I'm not a fan of No Lynch - but in this case I am not comfortable with anything else.

UNVOTE MARC VAUGHAN
VOTE NO EXECUTION

What about hoops spying on her?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #2698
KWhit
Coordinator

Olie,

They're converting people at this point. When we lift off the planet, they can't convert any new spawn (that's why Alan and I have been advocating doing anything to get us off asap). At that point, they'll start to kill.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #2699
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

UNVOTE MARC VAUGHAN
VOTE NO EXECUTION

I'm not sure how the conversions work, but my guess is that they are trying to increase their numbers right now instead of kill us. We seem to have some sort of false sense of security with no one dying.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #2700
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Maybe if we just keep voting No Lynch they will keep leaving us alone.

And is this serious?