Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #501
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Dudes - awesome, THANK YOU!

I've been pushing all my ISO into my 3* to get them championed, but I'll start to move that the the 4*s you mentioned.

Sweet!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #502
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Dudes - awesome, THANK YOU!

I've been pushing all my ISO into my 3* to get them championed, but I'll start to move that the the 4*s you mentioned.

Sweet!

No problem.

And, honestly, getting your 3* championed is never a bad choice. Just sayin' that you have several characters who can win the Crash just with the covers they've got NOW. All they need is ISO. Now, I'll give you a little bit more direction here as well:

Get Deadpool leveled ASAP, both because his Crash ends early Monday morning, but also because, as mentioned, he's seven kinds of awesome in combat. Prioritize him over the other 4* I mentioned, because several of those won't see their Crash roll around for a while yet.

Elektra's Crash goes live Monday. You'll have five days to tackle that; if you play for progression in events, you should be able to get around 70k ISO before her Crash ends. I won the Crash at level 127 with her because her black negates damage. The more black trap tiles you can keep out, the better. You can get her to around that level for about 18k ISO, so that's not bad.

Wolverine's is in about two weeks, so you have some time on him. I honestly don't know if he's one of those who, like Elektra, has some wiggle room on my "130+" sweet spot, or if he'll end up being one of those who has to go up to 140 or 150 to get there. I'll find out myself soon, because mine is at 111 but can train to 168 or so.

Those three should be your first priorities if you're focusing on the Crash-capable characters you've got, because they're all imminent.

X-23 is in about three weeks. I would counsel experimentation with her because you have five days to win her Crash now. You don't necessarily need to level her to 152 to get the job done, and Jean Grey is ten days after her (and, IMO, is a more useful character for you given their respective coverages). You'll want to save some ISO for Jean.

Jean Grey, like Deadpool, is seven kinds of awesome. You WANT her as high level as you can get her. Her purple and green are deadly if you've got goons on the other side of the board, and her passive means any match-5 the AI gets, yeah you take some damage, but they get stunned and take reciprocal damage. Her Crash is about a month away.

Professor X is two months away. Lots of time there, and you can play around with how much you have to level him to give him enough health to stay alive long enough to go invisible. 130 for him is a luxury with the Crash, not a necessity (he won it for me at 94, though that was a match damage slog).

Invisible Woman is 3 weeks or so after Professor X.

So, I mean, that's a general roadmap for you. If your play mirrors mine (DDQ, play for max progression in PVE, dabble some with Lightning Rounds and other PVP events), you should be pulling down about 10k ISO/day. I don't know what your ISO stash looks like, but if it's healthy enough to get Deadpool there in the next couple days, you should be able to earn enough ISO to make sure all of these cats win their Crashes. If you're low on ISO because of your 3* champions, maybe chalk Deadpool up to 'next time' (but level him as soon as you feasibly can because he's great) and try to pick up the thread with Elektra.

From Elektra on, you shouldn't have any trouble getting the rest of your Crash-viable characters leveled in time to start earning you Legendary tokens.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #503
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Elektra's Crash goes live Monday. You'll have five days to tackle that; if you play for progression in events, you should be able to get around 70k ISO before her Crash ends. I won the Crash at level 127 with her because her black negates damage. The more black trap tiles you can keep out, the better. You can get her to around that level for about 18k ISO, so that's not bad.

FYI, she's bugged and Blade is damaging her even if she has Shadow Step out. So you may find this harder than expected, after all (I raised mine from 127 to 240 at 4/4/3 and it still took ten tries), but given past precedent that may mean a re-run of her Crash once she's fixed.

So...just a general FYI.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #504
SackAttack
Head Coach

Bonus Heroes are now a thing. It's kinda complicated, as things go, so I'm going to try to summarize here.

You now have the option to select "Bonus Heroes" from your roster - as many or as few as you'd like. They can be characters you have, characters you don't have but want, or a mix. Couple caveats: characters too new to be in tokens cannot be selected. Bonus Hero pulls are tier-for-tier: a 3* pull can only get 3* Bonus Heroes, 4* -> 4*, 5* -> 5*. You will not get a 4* bonus from a 3* pull, and neither will you get a 4* bonus from a 5* pull. You can change selected Bonus Heroes at any time without penalty.

Beyond that, the details:

1) About half the 3* in the game have been removed from elite/heroic tokens. You can still get them through DDQ, placement/progression rewards in PVE/PVP, champion rewards (as applicable) from 2*, or from the new Bonus Heroes system. We'll know tomorrow morning if any of those benched characters will be in PVE vaults or not, since the Bonus Heroes system doesn't apply to vaults.

2) Standard tokens can no longer be purchased with ISO. Why? A 3* pull from a standard token guarantees a Bonus Hero pull.

3) All but 12 of the 4* in the game have had the same treatment. The benched 4* aren't quite as easily obtainable as 3*, since there's no direct DDQ-style cover acquisition method, but they can still be obtained via progression in PVE/PVP, placement rewards in the same, 3* champion rewards, or from the Bonus Heroes system. The previous caveat about vaults applies.

4) Every token type in the game can yield Bonus Heroes. Standards and Elites yield 3* Bonus Heroes; Heroics yield 3/4* Bonus Heroes; Legendary tokens yield 4/5*. Those bonus pulls will come from the characters you have designated as Bonus Heroes; if you don't care who you get from a given tier and you want access to the entire pool, you'll probably want to 'heart' everybody in that tier. I *think* leaving everybody unhearted is functionally the same, but I wouldn't chance it. The game automatically selects three bonus heroes for you the first time you load it after this feature has gone live (which it had done as of noon or so Central today), so you may want to fiddlewiddit.

If you want to focus on specific characters, your best play is to heart one at each tier and rotate them as you finish characters off.

5) last bit: the odds are goofy, but here's my best crack at it. Standard tokens guarantee a Bonus Hero with a 3* pull. You have, apparently, a 1/7 shot now at a 3* pull, which sounds doubled from where it used to be. So a 1/7 shot at two 3* covers from Standard tokens.

Elite tokens should have a 1/4 shot at a 3* cover, with a 1/20 shot of that 3* pull yielding a Bonus Hero. So in theory 1 in every 80 3* you get from Elites should double down.

Heroic tokens have a 1/4 chance of 3* and a 1/14 chance of 4*, with the aforementioned 1/20 chance of a given 3* or 4* pull yielding a bonus cover.

Legendary tokens, it's probably easiest just to say a 1/20 chance of a bonus cover, since all pulls from LTs yield Bonus Hero-eligible rarities. But! It appears not to matter whether the 5* Bonus Hero(es) you select on your roster are found in Latest or Classic Legendaries. If you pull a Thanos from Latest Legendaries, you have a 1/5 chance of also pulling, say, Old Man Logan. Or if you pull a Green Goblin from Classic tokens, and you have Doctor Strange hearted, you have a 1/20 chance of getting a Doctor Strange cover that way.

That may not be functioning as intended, but that's what the odds screens for Legendary tokens are displaying, currently.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #505
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I'm not sure I like this bonus hero stuff yet. For now, I haven't designated any of them.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #506
General Mike
Pro Starter

For my bonus heroes I put the 3*s I am either close to championing or the ones I'd like to get there fast (Thanos). As for the 4*s I just put the handful of guys I already have since I'm so far away from championing any of them.

I think elite tokens have a 25% chance of getting a bonus if I read it right. They also got rid of standard tokens from progression rewards, but maybe that was just the upcoming 7 day event.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #507
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
I'm not sure I like this bonus hero stuff yet. For now, I haven't designated any of them.

Not designating won't prevent the pulls. It'll just mean your bonus pulls will be either the three the game selects for you, or RNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
For my bonus heroes I put the 3*s I am either close to championing or the ones I'd like to get there fast (Thanos). As for the 4*s I just put the handful of guys I already have since I'm so far away from championing any of them.

I think elite tokens have a 25% chance of getting a bonus if I read it right. They also got rid of standard tokens from progression rewards, but maybe that was just the upcoming 7 day event.

I set Thanos as my 3* bonus hero because he was at 12 covers with his DDQ coming up. I got a Thanos bonus pull within three tokens. Switched to 3* Strange so I can get him to 180 or so.

My 4* is Peggy.

My 5* is "whoever." 5* bonus pulls will be infrequent enough not to worry about, but the others may be useful.

The 25% on elites is the 3* pull rate. Bonus on elites will be on 5% of 3* pulls.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #508
General Mike
Pro Starter

I switched my 3* bonuses around so that I can get bonus covers my guys who are at the low end of the totem pole. Maybe it's faulty logic and I should just invest in my guys who are already viable. Who really knows?

And I looked it up and the 5% bonus rate is for all covers in a pack, so if you open 20 elite tokens, you should in theory end up with 5 3* covers, and one of those should yield a bonus cover. But we still must rely on the luck of the RNG.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #509
Swaggs
Coordinator

I had my first positive experience.

I designated 3* Dr. Strange (haven't championed him yet), 4* Professor X (4/4/4 - want to champion), and 5* Jean Grey (most covers - sort of don't care).

So, I got a legendary token and got 4* Capt. Marvel AND Professor X. In the same token - I had just assumed it increased the frequency pulled, but it appears to almost guarantee it, provided we get enough opportunities. Pretty sweet.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #510
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I also went with the strategy of characters with few covers. I designated Thanos (1/1/1) and Medusa (1 yellow, want something to make her usable). I had 18 pulls today, and not one hit.

ETA: 5 were vault pulls, so I don't think those are eligible.

Last edited by Umbrella : 03-03-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #511
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I had my first positive experience.

I designated 3* Dr. Strange (haven't championed him yet), 4* Professor X (4/4/4 - want to champion), and 5* Jean Grey (most covers - sort of don't care).

So, I got a legendary token and got 4* Capt. Marvel AND Professor X. In the same token - I had just assumed it increased the frequency pulled, but it appears to almost guarantee it, provided we get enough opportunities. Pretty sweet.

Well, sort of. Standards guarantee a bonus 3* hero from a gold cover. All other tokens have a 5% chance to return a bonus hero with a gold (or, in the case of legendary tokens, purple) cover. I mean, yeah, pull enough characters from a given tier from those tokens and eventually you'll get bonus heroes. But only 3* from standards are guaranteed a bonus hero.

Quote:
I also went with the strategy of characters with few covers. I designated Thanos (1/1/1) and Medusa (1 yellow, want something to make her usable). I had 18 pulls today, and not one hit.

ETA: 5 were vault pulls, so I don't think those are eligible.

Correct. Vault pulls are not eligible. That means the special vaults, 'normal' PVE vaults, and DDQ vaults are all ineligible. Tradeoff is that the benched heroes will still pop up in vaults. They just aren't in blind-buy tokens anymore.

Standard, Elite, Heroic, Legendary, PVP tokens and PVE new character release tokens are all eligible to receive bonus heroes.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #512
General Mike
Pro Starter

Days away from starting my 2* farm. I have 6 of my 2*s at 144, and 18 covers in hand for those 6, for when I flip them. Kinda trying to be smart about this and flip them right before the oldest cover expires. Like I have 8 Daken covers in my box, with the oldest 43 expiring on Friday at 3pm ET approximately. I figure I can get the benefit of using him as an effective warrior for me as long as possible, and then he's almost half way to being champed again.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #513
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Days away from starting my 2* farm. I have 6 of my 2*s at 144, and 18 covers in hand for those 6, for when I flip them. Kinda trying to be smart about this and flip them right before the oldest cover expires. Like I have 8 Daken covers in my box, with the oldest 43 expiring on Friday at 3pm ET approximately. I figure I can get the benefit of using him as an effective warrior for me as long as possible, and then he's almost half way to being champed again.

This is a thing you need to keep an eye on, as well, as I mentioned in T.R.O.U.T. chat.

You can win the Behemoth Burrito with a low-level 2*, as long as the 3* and 4* have decent coverage and levels. But you don't want to get caught short chasing a roster spot and sell someone only to find out, oops, they were about to be essential and you just lost out on the 2 CP and 3rd taco.

And, of course, keep an eye on rewards for PVE events. Avengers vs. Ultron is a little different because it's an alliance event, so there aren't, per se, placement rewards. But ordinarily? Check SCL4 for the 2* reward so you know who's essential in the event following, and check SCL7/8 for the 3* and 4* rewards for the same reason.

2* farms are lucrative, but you want to make sure your farming doesn't interfere with your ability to collect CP from progression/DDQ.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #514
General Mike
Pro Starter

Yeah, my bigger issue with the Burrito is my lack of 4*s, even though it's an improving situation. I have 19 of the 4*s, but one is Coulson, one is Howard. I always check to see if I can play it, but I think I've only been able to do it twice since it debuted. Maybe there is a week where I will get a good run. I don't see Gwenpool either who is one of my few 4*s that have more than 1 or 2 covers on them.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #515
SackAttack
Head Coach

Lookit the list above. We're on Hulkbuster/Doom/Ares right now, which means tomorrow's is Medusa/Wolverine/Bullseye, tentatively. Spider-Gwen got skipped the other day, so presumably they're following similar skip logic to the Crash - 4* characters who haven't been featured often enough to have a shot at really covering them get skipped.

Medusa may get skipped tomorrow; that said, the next three also saw their Crashes skipped, so there's a decent chance tomorrow's is Ghost Rider, Black Panther, and Black Widow (Original).

Your Panther is championed, and so is your Widow. They should be able to carry Ghost Rider and git 'r dun.

But yeah, if you keep an eye on progression rewards and the table above, you should be able to get a good sense of when it's safe to harvest your 2* farm.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #516
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Yep, Medusa got skipped for War Machine. Too bad because I had Medusa and not War Machine. However, I drew my first Wasp cover, and dropped a 1 cover 2* Capt. Marvel to roster her. That was even before I knew she was the 4* burrito character tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #517
General Mike
Pro Starter

I had War Machine and not Medusa so I was happy with today's results.

Got a good run on AvU round 1, except no Miles.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #518
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Nothing better than when everything just falls into place. I pulled 2 of the 4* covers for characters I don't have today. And luckily, I had enough HP for 2 slots. Even better, one was for Captain Marvel, who is one of the essentials for the current PvE. I think I'm now down to missing only 3 or 4 of the 4* characters.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #519
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I'm at 16 4*, and I have enough hp to grab another from those that are waiting in the rewards list. I'm just waiting a couple days to get closer to the deadline before pulling the trigger on the next one...
Blue Mordo 5d 5h
Black Cloak and Dagger 7d 3h
Yellow Flaptain 9d 1h
Green Red Hulk 11d 9h

My current plan is to get the 12 plus those that are going to be character rewards soon. (I have Rocket and Groot's person..Drax which will be my next reward from them.) So MR. Fantastic and Hulkbuster is in my head to get soon too.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #520
General Mike
Pro Starter

I'm at 28 4* plus I have Cloak&Dagger in my rewards queue waiting for HP. Still don't really use them much besides the required teamups, so I just add who I can.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #521
SackAttack
Head Coach

I sold my Mr. Fantastic for 3k HP after his rework. Got a bunch of roster spots, so between that, taco pulls, earnings, etc, I've got every 2, 3, 4 (except Mr. F), and 5* rostered, five open roster spots for new character releases, and 1100 ISO in the bank. I had another 2500, but spent that on the Wasp Heroes for Hire cover the other day.

Trying to stay ahead of the curve on roster spots now that I'm in a good place.

Last edited by SackAttack : 04-20-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #522
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Nice. I've got all my 3* rostered, and most championed. I'm still missing 8 4*, and I've only rostered 1 5* so far.

I'm still working on getting the rest of the 3* championed, then building the 4* roster.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #523
General Mike
Pro Starter

Any thoughts on opening Legendary Tokens? I have all 12 of the characters you can pull rostered, but I'm not really in a place where I can champion any of them. Should I hold off until I get all my 3*s to champion?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #524
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Any thoughts on opening Legendary Tokens? I have all 12 of the characters you can pull rostered, but I'm not really in a place where I can champion any of them. Should I hold off until I get all my 3*s to champion?

Tough question to answer without more information. How many LTs do you have? How many command points? What's your cover build on the Token12 right now?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #525
General Mike
Pro Starter

16 LTs, about 1000 CPs.
Coulson - 4, 4, 1
Blade - 5,2,1
Capt marvel - 2,0,2
Cloak and dagger - 0,1,1
Gamora - 0,2,0
Gwenpool - 2,1,5
Iron fist - 1,0,2
Medusa - 1,2,1
Mordo - 3,5,1
Riri - 3,2,4
Rocket and Groot - 0,0,2
Agent Venom - 1,1,0

So a long way to go and not a lot of CP in the bank to get me there. The good thing is that most of my 3*s are championed or just about to get there. Just so tempting to open those LTs.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #526
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I have a 5* Silver Surfer sitting in my queue, received from the daily rewards. I'm only in the process of championing my 3*s.

Should I bother rostering him?
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #527
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mike, lemme reorder your list by who's leaving tokens first and see if that makes a difference to you.

Quote:
16 LTs, about 1000 CPs.
Gwenpool - 2,1,5
Blade - 5,2,1
Agent Venom - 1,1,0
Medusa - 1,2,1
Capt marvel - 2,0,2
Riri - 3,2,4
Mordo - 3,5,1
Coulson - 4, 4, 1
Iron fist - 1,0,2
Cloak and dagger - 0,1,1
Rocket and Groot - 0,0,2
Gamora - 0,2,0

So a long way to go and not a lot of CP in the bank to get me there. The good thing is that most of my 3*s are championed or just about to get there. Just so tempting to open those LTs.

Gwenpool leaves tokens in about 3 weeks, and Blade about a month after that. Disregarding any notion of championing 4* for the moment, are either of those characters you want to play with fully-covered?

If the answer is 'yes,' I'd say go ahead and open your tokens and keep opening them while the characters you want are still in tokens. You say you have all of the Token12 rostered, so the only resource you'd potentially be hurting for is ISO-8, if you were to cover-max one or more characters from that list in pulling your 50 or so LTs. I mean, I suppose HP could be an issue also if you pull a 5* and don't have a roster spot, but it doesn't sound like that's a focus for you right now anyhow.

The good news is, there aren't a lot of covers in the Token12 pool that you *can't* use. Most of the 4* covers you'd pull would be useful in covering those cats. If you somehow fully cover one or more 4* in your little pull party, you could always go back to hoarding your LTs and Command Points until you're ready to do it again.

Up to you, really - the 4's you have the least coverage for are also, in the main, going to be in tokens for several months yet, and your overall cover spread for the Token12 is such that you *probably* aren't going to be faced with any 'oh crap I gotta champion this character or a cover will be wasted' decisions.

If Gwenpool and Blade aren't of interest to you, you could write them off and hoard your LTs and CP for another month or two and then go nuts.

Whichever way you jump, I WOULD counsel trying to get Medusa fully covered, even if you aren't ready to level-max or champion her yet. Her passive that heals the team when one of your special tiles gets matched will save you a ton of health packs in the long run; the AP she generates when enemy specials are matched is useful for fueling characters with blue/green powers, or her own purple "I'm gonna swap tiles around and then steal any of your specials I swap" ability. The rough drop-dead on getting her covered while she's in tokens is August 23rd or so (she's supposed to cycle out on or around Aug 24th, but I wouldn't wait that long).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I have a 5* Silver Surfer sitting in my queue, received from the daily rewards. I'm only in the process of championing my 3*s.

Should I bother rostering him?

The answer lies somewhere between "define 'in the process'" and "how patient are you?"

If "in the process" means you have a few already and you're working on championing the rest, then the only reason not to is if you don't have a roster spot to devote without selling someone off. If "In the process" means "that's a goal I'm working toward but I'm not there yet," then we come to the question of patience.

If that's where you are right now, then rostering him could negatively impact your PVE and PVP experience (you might face some tougher scaling in PVE, and you might start seeing tougher teams in PVP since the game's MMR treats a 1-cover 5* similarly to a fully-covered 4* for matchmaking purposes).

But.

We're tiptoeing towards an SCL-based scaling system, where the difficulty of the enemies you face in PVE is determined not by what your roster looks like, but by what Clearance Level you choose. We just had a test event to that effect; you might have noticed your scaling either got harder than you were used to (if you were playing in the highest possible SCL for where you're at), or it might have gotten quite a bit easier (mine dropped an average of about 70 levels)! But that was a one-off test and we're currently under 'normal' scaling.

But that's your six of one, half dozen of the other. If you're working towards 3* champions but aren't there yet, then it's a question of whether you're willing to bear any potential scaling consequences while you wait for the new system. If you have a few champions already, the only reason not to roster him would be if you have space constraints on your roster (no free spot without dropping someone, no HP to open up a new spot, or no willingness to buy the HP to open up that spot).
Old 06-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #528
General Mike
Pro Starter

I for one, hated the SCL based scaling.

As far as the 4*s go, I'm at the point where I basically only use them for required teamups. I do like Gwenpool though.

Ended up with 3 covers of 5* Hawkeye for whatever he's worth.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #529
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
If you have a few champions already, the only reason not to roster him would be if you have space constraints on your roster (no free spot without dropping someone, no HP to open up a new spot, or no willingness to buy the HP to open up that spot).

This is where I'm at. So I guess when I approach the deadline to roster him, I'll see whether I have enough HP to open up a new spot. Otherwise I'll sell him.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #530
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I for one, hated the SCL based scaling.

As far as the 4*s go, I'm at the point where I basically only use them for required teamups. I do like Gwenpool though.

Ended up with 3 covers of 5* Hawkeye for whatever he's worth.

SCL-based scaling is either the greatest or the worst, depending on where you're at and what your priorities are. For folks with SCL7 unlocked but with an SCL6-level roster, it probably sucked! You would either be facing harder fights just to stay where you can get a 4* cover from progression, or drop down to an easier level but get fewer CP and no progression 4*.

For me, it meant dropping down from SCL8 to SCL7, because the high end of scaling at SCL8 in the test was HIGHER than what I'm used to. So that sucked, because it meant 3-7 fewer Command Points in any given event, if I play at SCL7. On the other hand, as I noted, SCL7 was significantly easier than what I've been playing at, which meant that my clears were taking significantly less time than they used to. Which was pretty great.

So, I mean, depends on where you are/were for the scaling test. I'd like to see the scaling come down some on SCL8 (which might happen if and when SCL9 ever happens) but if the numbers for SCL7 remain untouched once test becomes permanence, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
This is where I'm at. So I guess when I approach the deadline to roster him, I'll see whether I have enough HP to open up a new spot. Otherwise I'll sell him.

Reasonable. I wouldn't stress either way, because as a Classic 5*, he's going to be harder to cover than a Latest 5*. You have the same 15% potential pull rate from Classic tokens, but it's spread over a dozen or so 5* as opposed to just three 5* in the Latest tokens. If you can roster him, cool - eventually you'll get enough covers to tinker with him. If you have to sell him, it's not great, but it's not the end of the world, either.

If you're a max progression-plus player in SCL7, you should get close to 1000 HP (I'm assuming you're at the HP cap for roster costs) in two weeks. 125 per 3/4-day event from progression, 300 per 7-day event from progression, minimum of 50 for placement, and if you're top 50 for the event, you probably got another 100 or so for sub placement at least once (and quite likely more than once).

So if you play Meet Rocket & Groot to max progression and then do the same for ISO-8 Brotherhood next, that's 425 HP right there. Then there's another 140 or so from DDQ ,and you're at 665. That's in the span of 11 days, and ignores daily drops, tacos, any bonus rewards you might be getting if you've spent even $1.99 in the last 30 days, or the aforementioned placement rewards in PVE.

That ignores the 50 HP you can get at 400 points in PVP, if that's your thing. That ignores champion rewards, etc.

Just for playing to progression and doing DDQ, you can expect almost 700 HP before you have to fish or cut bait. It's a matter of finding the other 300 and change.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #531
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I finally championed all of the 3* characters today. Now I can start working solely on improving the 4*. I'm only 4 away from having all of them rostered, but none are close to being championed.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #532
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Congratulations!
Old 06-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #533
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I finally championed all of the 3* characters today. Now I can start working solely on improving the 4*. I'm only 4 away from having all of them rostered, but none are close to being championed.

It's a good feeling, innit? I've been there a couple times. The last 5/3 release set me back; my Star-Lord is fully covered, but as I've been concentrating on championing a few of the Token12 (notably Medusa, Bl4de, and Captain Marvel) I haven't got around to championing Star-Lord yet. Soon.

Probably next event, since they're reworking the alliance rewards for Strange Sights to give ISO instead of event tokens (oh look there's a new character release in the vault for that event I wonder if that might be why).
Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #534
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I still have a few 3*s to champion - a couple i don't even have rostered, so i have a ways to go.

I did champion 4* Wolverine and it looks to be **lucrative**
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #535
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I still have a few 3*s to champion - a couple i don't even have rostered, so i have a ways to go.

But you'll get there eventually. Even with half the 3* vaulted, they're still much more easily obtainable than vaulted 4*.

Quote:
I did champion 4* Wolverine and it looks to be **lucrative**

The 4* champion rewards are pretty excellent! The older, "vaulted," characters are going to have a tough time seeing many of those rewards, though, unless you set 4* Wolverine as a bonus hero.

Otherwise, the only place you're going to see his covers is if he's a 4* essential in an event (allowing you to earn covers through progression, or by placing highly in the previous event), or by reaching 900 in a PvP event where his is the featured cover (or 2000 in the SHIELD Sim).

All of which are things that can happen, but for perspective, my 4* champions who got vaulted when they reduced the number of 4* available from tokens, and their levels:

Star-Lord (278)
Deadpool (277)
Ghost Rider (276)
Nick Fury (275)
Captain Falcon (274)
Hulkbuster (273)
Invisible Woman (272)
Jean Grey (272)
Thor (272)
Ant-Man (271)
Red Hulk (270)

the four or five at the top of this list had been championed for a while already and had the opportunity to get some covers. The ones at the bottom of the list were either newly minted champions when the vault door shut, or else were championed in the aftermath (Red Hulk) because of a boost week.

Now, I mean, don't let that discourage you from championing your 4* characters. It's still a useful thing to do! Just, if you spend the ISO to champion characters who aren't in the Token12, be aware that your champion reward progression will be slow.

Token12 champions ought to be able to get 10-20 champion levels before they leave tokens, so you can taste some of that reward goodness, and then their flow will also slow.

All of that is, of course, subject to change if the developers make those vaulted 4's available via a means that isn't "go spend money."
Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #536
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Being able to "favorite" some characters allow you to occasionally get a freebie as well, right?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #537
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Dola - whats the best way for Gwenpool to beat Moonie in the BB?
Old 06-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #538
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Being able to "favorite" some characters allow you to occasionally get a freebie as well, right?

You'll get an occasional freebie whether you favorite a character at each tier or not.

Setting a favorite gives you control over who that is.

Re Gwenpool: match her gun and use the shit out of green.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #539
General Mike
Pro Starter

Also knowing the Gwenpool pink codes helps

Gwenpool 'sploits codes — D3 Go! Forums
Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #540
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Also knowing the Gwenpool pink codes helps

Gwenpool 'sploits codes — D3 Go! Forums

169 [EDIT: have heard this about 679 also but haven't tested which is true] supposedly does the most damage if you're just looking to melt faces.

Otherwise, yeah, you can use Sploits to target your board shake if CDs or enemy tiles are making your life miserable.

Last edited by SackAttack : 06-18-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #541
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dola,

Green denial is STILL the name of that game, though. If you let Moon Knight get to 12 green, it's game over, man.

If you can match off Chekhov's Gun and get to 12 green yourself, you can do some things. Especially since in a 1v1 fight, all three shots are going to hit Moon Knight. If you only have one green cover, that's gonna be problematic, but 2+ and you shouldn't need more than two uses of green to sweep the leg.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #542
SackAttack
Head Coach

SCL Difficulty Feedback 06/20/2017

Demiurge are seeking feedback on the SCL-based scaling tests they ran this month.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #543
General Mike
Pro Starter

I got plenty of feedback for them
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 06-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #544
SackAttack
Head Coach

Spiderman: Homecoming boss event featuring the Sinister Six landing in 7 days.

Also, 3* Spidey and 4* Venom (not Agent Venom, the regular 4* Venom) both received reworks today, so if you have them, take a look at them and see if you like the changes. They both have increased sellback rates for a period of time if you don't like the changes.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #545
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Wow, our group is so dead.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #546
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, our group is so dead.

The change in how many battles you have to clear to get max progression for an event, hurt my interest a bit. I'll still play, but it's harder to get into now.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 06-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #547
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Each day I've played this week, the daily ISO bonus was 900-1200. Someone needs to kick the dead weight.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #548
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Mostly here because well, I've done all the events five or six times.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #549
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Each day I've played this week, the daily ISO bonus was 900-1200. Someone needs to kick the dead weight.

Name names.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:00 AM   #550
dunkem
Mascot

Quote:
Spiderman: Homecoming boss event featuring the Sinister Six landing in 7 days.

Also, 3* Spidey and 4* Venom (not Agent Venom, the regular 4* Venom) both received reworks today, so if you have them, take a look at them and see if you like the changes. They both have increased sellback rates for a period of time if you don't like the changes.

These changes kind of suck... Spidey at least some kind of offense now, but there are just way better characters than him still. I rarely have downed allies so that increased damage means nothing. 4* Venom is still not strong enough either.

*sigh* With our lead player gone, may be time to find another alliance. Seems like there are a few members who aren't playing anymore since our leaderboard in the boss events list only about 14 players.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote