Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #101
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES GAME 6: Carolina 3, Cuyahoga 2 (Series tied 3-3)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #102
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES GAME 7: Cuyahoga 5, Carolina 4 (CUY leads series 4-3)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #103
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES GAME 8: Cuyahoga 11, Carolina 5

THE CUYAHOGA SPIDERS ARE SUNSET SERIES CHAMPIONS!

The MVP of the playoffs for the Spiders has to be Dave Renninger. He went 5-0 with a 3.31 ERA this post-season, striking out 24 and walking 9. But dude was just clutch in every series for the Spiders this year.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #104
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For a second, I thought we were going to a third straight Sunset Series to go to 9 games.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #105
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

And Carolina not winning the title means the 6th straight year a different team has won the Sunset Series. That's tied for the longest string of different champs. That occurred from 1839-1844.

Will next year make seven? I'd say yeah. The difference between now and the old days, is a lot more teams so it's harder to make it back now than it used to be and even if you make the post-season, harder to win a title.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #106
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll get the file up here in a bit and will post when it's up. Clerical notes. We'll sim the draft and to the start of FA on Monday night, so be advised to offer any last minute extensions and get your ducks in a row.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #107
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Any stamina adjustments made will be minor. I will test them out in the winter league this year before foisting them on the rest of the league, but overall the change was a positive one after years of having hurlers winning 25-30 games, this year's Charlie Taylor winners neither of them even had 20 wins and forced all of us to make big adjustments and gave value to even middling guys who might not always get love in normal years.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-06-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #108
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

And the file is up. Congratulations to our champs. Season 28 is en route.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #109
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

shit

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #110
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Wow - The Spiders really stepped it up in the playoffs! Didn't expect a ring at all!!

Thanks YD for all your work you put in the league... now it's time to celebrate with a cup of joe!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #111
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

What's up with arbitration? I have some minsal guys showing that they're gonna be mega millionaires over the next few seasons. wassupwitdat?
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #112
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Distant arbitration figures are based on the player's potential and the assumption that they live up to that potential. You don't have to offer what a guy asks for, for the record, it's just giving you an estimate and again, they're so far ahead that I don't think they'll be anything to worry about until the first guy starts to command a significant chunk of change via arbitration.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #113
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Distant arbitration figures are based on the player's potential and the assumption that they live up to that potential. You don't have to offer what a guy asks for, for the record, it's just giving you an estimate and again, they're so far ahead that I don't think they'll be anything to worry about until the first guy starts to command a significant chunk of change via arbitration.

Mine aren't distant. They're for the upcoming and following seasons.

Are we leaving arbitration in the game, or are we doing minsal for the entire rookie contract? I'm fine with it either way, as long as I know.
Right now I have an underperforming Gomer asking for about $8million next season. I'd much rather pay him $250K.
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #114
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
Mine aren't distant. They're for the upcoming and following seasons.

Are we leaving arbitration in the game, or are we doing minsal for the entire rookie contract? I'm fine with it either way, as long as I know.
Right now I have an underperforming Gomer asking for about $8million next season. I'd much rather pay him $250K.

As of the start of this year, 7th and 8th year players are eligible for arbitration. Last year was the last year of the expanded cap for arbitration eligible players. Starting this year, we stay at $100 million and arbitration is turned on for those players in their 7th and 8th years. So you get them at min for six years if they're in the majors (This doesn't apply to squatting minor leaguers who get less time than that...I think it's 5 years before Minor league FA) then the last two years you gotta pay up or withdraw and they become FAs or...you offer them an extension to avoid arbitration all together.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-10-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #115
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Also this bump is a reminder that we'll sim to the start of free agency tonight and run the draft.