Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Playoofs

I'm thinking with this many teams, it might be worthwhile to split into 4 divisions. Still keep 3 playoof teams per league (division winners + 1 wild card per league).
I think this would increase interest and intrigue a little bit.

What does the exalted king of SLOP think of this?

Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We can go to divisional play next year (4 divisions of 5 teams) I didn't change it this year, because I thought it'd be jarring to the masses.

But I'm down. Since it's the holidays, we'll do the expanded playoffs for this year only. Think of it as Santa Drachma's gift to the plebes.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Though a divisional schedule would be balanced, so everyone played each other in the league the same number of times. I'd keep interleague play axed, mostly because I sort of always had misgivings about the other team impacting the playoff races in the opposite league; especially since we've got disparity in ours anyway.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm still fine with 5 teams if there's a major clamoring for it, of course. It doesn't matter to me either way, especially if it generates interest. But it seemed before everyone was pretty set on 3 teams per league.

And there's the small matter of divisional alignment and the best ways to do that barring just doing geography.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I'm still fine with 5 teams if there's a major clamoring for it, of course. It doesn't matter to me either way, especially if it generates interest. But it seemed before everyone was pretty set on 3 teams per league.

And there's the small matter of divisional alignment and the best ways to do that barring just doing geography.

I think even with 4 divisions of 5 teams each, we should still only have 3 teams from each league make the playoffs. Don't expand it this year. Nobody's clamoring for that. NOBODY!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If a top seed loses to a lower seed that managed to win 5 games just for the right to play them and THEN loses 4 of 7 to them, they deserve not to advance.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
tvan
n00b

every sports market pits highest seed against lowest seed, if your high seed team loses, then they deserved to lose... thats how i see it at least. if we have 4 divisions, each division is guaranteed a playoff team being decided by highest win-loss of course, with one wild card in each conference. the highest winning team in each conference getting a bye. so still a total of 6 playoff teams, 3 from each conference. Will teams get screwed? yeah maybe because if one division is immaculate and has the three best teams in the conference then one of their teams will get screwed over, but thats just the nature of sports and proper organization
tvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvan View Post
every sports market pits highest seed against lowest seed, if your high seed team loses, then they deserved to lose... thats how i see it at least. if we have 4 divisions, each division is guaranteed a playoff team being decided by highest win-loss of course, with one wild card in each conference. the highest winning team in each conference getting a bye. so still a total of 6 playoff teams, 3 from each conference. Will teams get screwed? yeah maybe because if one division is immaculate and has the three best teams in the conference then one of their teams will get screwed over, but thats just the nature of sports and proper organization

Conference??

What the hell is this, hockey?

YD, did you let Candians in here???

Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
tvan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
Conference??

What the hell is this, hockey?

YD, did you let Candians in here???

eh canada/wyoming whats the diffence really. the hierarchy of league-conference-division is more logical, but i guess thats all just part of the fine details. i mean 2 leagues within a league seems a little redundant doesnt it? maybe thats why major league baseball has lost its following, because of logic. haha

GO POKES
tvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvan View Post
eh canada/wyoming whats the diffence really. the hierarchy of league-conference-division is more logical, but i guess thats all just part of the fine details. i mean 2 leagues within a league seems a little redundant doesnt it? maybe thats why major league baseball has lost its following, because of logic. haha

GO POKES

To insinuate that baseball is less than perfect and has lost its following.... reeks of Canadian rhetoric!