Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FRANCHISE LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE

INTRODUCTION
One of the things I wanted SLOP to do better than the first time I did this was to perverse continuity. If the league lasts months or years, I wanted people who had left to be able to come back, peek in and be able to basically understand which teams were which and so forth.

I just thought then it'd give some sense for having a history being generated so quickly if there was an investment and a semblance of "where they came from, etc."

Anyway, the Hall of Fame is nice. But each franchise has (or will have) players who are distinctive to that club. Not all of them are Hall of Fame worthy. OOTP doesn't have a retired numbers feature (not sure it should...) but this is basically a place where iconic players for a particular franchise can be recognized once they've retired or in the swan songs of their careers.

I'll just look at the record books and come up with a preliminary list, but will rely heavily on team owners to designated standouts for enshrinement here.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Brooklyn's been one of those teams that's held onto its favorites for a long time and so, along the way there have been some pretty iconic faces who've donned Titans pinstripes. Most of them are still active as of the typing of this.

#15 Beau Fisher
#34 Cecil Bryant
#39 Jose Chaves

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Kings have been the Kings since Day One.

#25 OF Ed Saunders SLOP's all-time home-run leader hit 734 of his 800 career homers with Carolina.
#14 C Armando Cuarenta
#28 SP Hank Griggs
#36 SP Rick Knight
Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Despite the fact that Johnny Ressano is just 70 HRs away from tying Ed Saunders SLOP record for most career home runs with 800 and despite the fact that they both spent the bulk of their careers with the Carolina Kings, Saunders won't lose his grip on the Kings franchise record for career HRs, since he has 734 and Ressano only has 544 in Carolina Blue.

I'm not so sure that Resanno will average 20+ HRs for each of the next 4 years to break the record tho. He'll be 42 next year, is a free agent and so we'll see what happens to the last few years of his career. No doubt there will be demand.