Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #51
scotto313
n00b

I am having a hard time adjusting to the league set-up. How did one of my best prospects become a free agent after 1 yr and 91 days of service time? I demoted him in hopes of prolonging his controllable years and end up losing him all together.

scotto313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotto313 View Post
I am having a hard time adjusting to the league set-up. How did one of my best prospects become a free agent after 1 yr and 91 days of service time? I demoted him in hopes of prolonging his controllable years and end up losing him all together.

Who are we talking about? Minor leaguers become FAs after 4 years of service time in the minors if you don't bring them up. It prevents people from stockpiling. But if you brought him up and it didn't stick or you had him up and he still got released, let me know who it is.

And yes, I can take care of your team while you're gone. Congrats on the wedding!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #53
scotto313
n00b

23 year old Fernando Luna somehow became a minor league free agent.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you'd kept him in the majors, you'd have him controlled for 6 years at league minimum and then 2 years of arbitration for 8 years total. In the minors, it's just 4 years of control. You can obviously demote him during the season and not lose him, but having him not in the majors before the off-season will trigger what happened.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Luckily no one has offered Luna the money he wanted (because it was absurd) and so, I will put him back on your Major League roster.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

HTML is updated.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Hey, I got married on Saturday and am heading to my honeymoon here today and as such will be out of OOTP land for the week .. Can anyone take over my team temporarily for the week just to keep things in order? It's been hectic lately and I have neglected my SLOP but hopefully someone can do some housekeeping on the team while I'm gone (Commish?) and I'll pick it back up when I return ..

Oh this was Cole. I misread who was needing the help! Haha...will take a look at this for you. Congrats!