Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
- FM Touch has RETURNED

Well, hot damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
as usual shut up and take my money

I was super-bummed when they removed Touch for '22, since I absolutely do not have the free time to play the full version. I'll have to do some reading as to why/how (like, is it revamped) they brought it back, because when they announced it wouldn't be in '22 one of the reasons was declining sales. Maybe lots of folks came back and said they'd buy it? I mean, I will.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Oh, iOS & Switch only. Bummer.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:23 AM   #5
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Quick details:

#FM23 Announcement Summary

- UEFA License
- PC/Mac and Xbox Game Pass
- PS5 for the first time
- FM Touch has RETURNED

Out November 8th

I wish there would be an AI coach, so you could do your typical GM functions, and automate the actual in-game tactics to the "coach".
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #6
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I wish there would be an AI coach, so you could do your typical GM functions, and automate the actual in-game tactics to the "coach".

100% agree. I've been waiting for the ability to play as sporting director, but I doubt it ever happens.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:33 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Beta is now out.

And considering events in the UK, I'd be worried about the release date.

Why?
Release Date Announcement, Queen Elizabeth passes.
Beta Release Day? Prime Minister resigns.

These things DO come in threes, you know...
Old 10-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #8
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I want to like FM, but eventually gave up on it. Just too much 'unrewarding work' for me. I.e. repetitive team talks/media interactions, impenetrable tactics controls and unclear results of many of those options, etc.

I salute those of you who still get value out of the game.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:39 PM   #9
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

FM Touch is still fun without the busy work, but they discontinued it (on PC) with '22.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:44 PM   #10
miami_fan
Coordinator

Downloading now. In lieu of having a regular beta save, this year I am going to create one manager with all the badges for a CL club and one with nothing at all for a LL club. Then just play around with both clubs to familiarize myself with the game. I am about 95% sure I will start my journeyman save in South Africa. Just need to find a club now.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:13 AM   #11
whomario
Pro Starter

They had me at "easier/more free flowing scouting" considering it's the area i enjoy a lot but spend too much time on. Although i definitely would say this is otherwise a version one could well skip. Still, here i am, deciding on a Beta save...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-24-2022 at 11:13 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:34 PM   #12
Critch
lolzcat

I was planning on waiting for a sale and sticking with FM22 for a good few months, but I read a link today about FM23 having the new Champions League format starting in 24/25 so that was enough to loosen my wallet.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:40 AM   #13
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:

Perhaps I don’t “optimize” as much as possible, but I’ve had success delegating almost everything but transfers, contracts, staff hiring, and high-level tactics. Stuff like media, individual tactics, touch line instructions, etc. I just leave to staff, for better or worse.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #14
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am enjoying the game so far but I can see why some will say that it is just a roster upgrade and skip this year's version. I am someone who does not have to commute to work, does not have small children, has narrowed my gaming focus to only sports text sims etc. In short, I have the time and patience to treat my FM experience very much like a 2nd job albeit one that have a great time but don't actually get paid.

For example, I absolutely love the squad planner. It is great to see what my squad is expected to look like over a three year period. But for me, the biggest plus in this area is that I no longer have to write anything out on paper. I was doing this before just in written form. For those who don't care that deeply to go into such depth or are fine with keeping their pen and legal pad, this feature is just a nice add on if that.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-13-2023, 07:00 AM   #15
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

They announced FM 24 for early November. Looks to be the same game but they're going with a new engine for FM 25. Features for FM 24 are pretty unexciting.

Of note if you want to play the mobile version you'll have to be a Netflix member.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:19 AM   #16
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
They announced FM 24 for early November. Looks to be the same game but they're going with a new engine for FM 25. Features for FM 24 are pretty unexciting.

Of note if you want to play the mobile version you'll have to be a Netflix member.

If done well the setpieces being reworked is pretty big. Also, first time you can continue saves (from 23) into the new version.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 09-13-2023, 08:30 AM   #17
Flasch186
Coordinator

Netflix? Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:03 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There are "Instant Result" skins, where your staff manages the game. The problem with that is that you don't get to see the game.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:57 PM   #19
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I just want to hand off the control to my assistant, and watch the game. I don't know enough about soccer to properly control a team. But I like to do the training and team management between games.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:02 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anybody know what the norm for past editions being removed from XBox GamePass is?

I'd hate to waste time even starting with it if it'll vanish with the new release (cause I'm guessing it isn't a day one gamepass game)
Old 09-13-2023, 08:21 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Actually will be on gamepass day 1..

Huge news: FM 24 will be available on Game Pass - Softonic

and you can even (almost definitely) import your FM23 game into it (they have to figure out how to do it for gamepass)
Old 09-13-2023, 08:42 PM   #22
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually will be on gamepass day 1..

Huge news: FM 24 will be available on Game Pass - Softonic

and you can even (almost definitely) import your FM23 game into it (they have to figure out how to do it for gamepass)

Thanks.

That at least means it might be worthwhile to see if the near unbearable control scheme (on console) is worth trying to either figure out how to navigate fluidly or is simply beyond hope.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:03 AM   #23
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I believe it's always on game pass. It does disappear with each new version, however. FM 23 is currently free through Prime Gaming. I generally play the new version on game pass when it comes out and then get it free once it's at the end of its life through epic or Amazon.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:08 PM   #24
fortheglory
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
If done well the setpieces being reworked is pretty big. Also, first time you can continue saves (from 23) into the new version.

Yes. These are major additions…also a re-worked squad building and finances AI. J-League also looks to be coming.
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:27 PM   #25
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I just want to hand off the control to my assistant, and watch the game. I don't know enough about soccer to properly control a team. But I like to do the training and team management between games.

It's a bit of a PITA but you could probably get close by asking your assistant for tactics every 2 weeks or a month, letting him pick the team and then implementing every single tactical tweak/sub that he suggests during the match. I imagine that gets you basically the same outcome as the instant result skin does in the background minus some delay in implementing the recommendations?

In general I don't know why they don't just add this option as a first class citizen as it seems like especially in the US there's a lot of people who want to play this way.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:58 PM   #26
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
Yes. These are major additions…also a re-worked squad building and finances AI. J-League also looks to be coming.

Any word on the Saudi league? Sort of feels like it has to be in with them grabbing so many stars.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #27
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I just want Touch back on PC. I don't have the time to play full-fat.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:10 PM   #28
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's how importing save games from FM23 to FM24 will work:

Football Manager 2024: Feature Rollout and New Partnerships | Football Manager 2024

Quote:
Back in June, I was delighted to let you all know that FM24 would include one of the most requested features over the last 20 years - the ability to transfer saved games from one edition of FM to the next.

Now, I can go into more detail as to how it will work and confirm the platforms that it will be possible on.

Anyone who is not ready to step away from their existing save in Football Manager 2023 (PC/Mac), Football Manager 2023 Console (Xbox/PS5) or Football Manager 2023 Touch (Nintendo Switch™), will be able to continue that career into FM24, FM24 Console or FM24 Touch and benefit from this year’s new additions in the process. Unfortunately, this won’t be possible for FM24 Mobile, although it’s something our team are exploring for the future.

When you load FM24, FM24 Console or FM24 Touch for the first time, you’ll see a panel directly above ‘Start a New Game’ that reads ‘Load FM23 Saved Games’. This panel contains details about how transferring saves works and allows you to begin the process of bringing a game forward from FM23.

All of the relevant new features in FM24, FM24 Console or FM24 Touch will be present in any saves you bring over. In some cases that will result in certain items or tutorials triggering immediately after you convert your save, while you’ll need to set some other things up from scratch.

The panel I mentioned won’t appear again on subsequent launches but don’t worry, you’ll still be able to load FM23 games into FM24. To do this, go into the Load Game menu and follow the instructions explaining where you’ll find old saves and how to bring them across.

Note that there are a couple of things not possible with transferred save games unfortunately. The first is FM24 achievements (trophies on PS5), which you’ll need to start a new career to accomplish. You also won’t be able to watch replays of matches played in FM23, as these aren’t carried across when converting.
Old 09-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #29
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Thanks.

That at least means it might be worthwhile to see if the near unbearable control scheme (on console) is worth trying to either figure out how to navigate fluidly or is simply beyond hope.

You can use mouse and keyboard to play it in the Xbox.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:24 PM   #30
miami_fan
Coordinator

First set of new features have been announced.

Smarter Transfers, Squad Building and Finance | Football Manager 2024

The variations of player development is the big one for me out of these.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:32 AM   #31
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
First set of new features have been announced.

Smarter Transfers, Squad Building and Finance | Football Manager 2024

The variations of player development is the big one for me out of these.

I remain a little sceptical about that, mainly because they pretty much spell out not to have fixed the underlying issue of the AI depending on just 1 number for their decision. The 'work arounds' they promise have big "if" attached to it.

I mean, in theory the game already has ratings to influence it but the AI didn't utilize them (Manager preference for young/veteran players, Clubs preferences etc) properly.

Last edited by whomario : 09-20-2023 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:44 AM   #32
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool, J-leagues 1-3 will be included in FM24. Will flesh out Asian Championship nicely.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:20 PM   #33
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I just want Touch back on PC. I don't have the time to play full-fat.
Yeah, this would be a great addition. The touch is still available on Xbox right?
Old 09-25-2023, 05:30 PM   #34
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I think Touch is just Nintendo Switch right now.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:58 PM   #35
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

It would be nice if they could model the US leagues, but last I heard the USL has an exclusive with Konami
Old 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM   #36
whomario
Pro Starter

Truer Football Motion, Match Authenticity & Positional Play | Football Manager 2024

Promising details of changes in the match engine, fair play to them if it works well.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #37
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think Touch is just Nintendo Switch right now.

Seems like Touch would make sense on the Steam Deck.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:48 PM   #38
whomario
Pro Starter

The subsequent feature reveals were pretty promising, a loooot more new stuff and revamps than the last couple versions. Even a tiny update for national teams ...

New set piece creator with a lot more auto-options but also less micromanaging (i.e. no more having to re-do stuff after switching formations or moving players to different positions).

One really cool feature is the Option to start without current transfers to sort of re-do the summer transfer window OR with them coming in automatically but at the correct date rather than being there from day 1.

Plus a lot of improvements to recently added stuff like the Squad Planner.

Allegedly despite the new stuff runs faster as well, which is always nice.

Last edited by whomario : 10-17-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM   #39
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I wonder if Jadon Sancho is playing for the reserves in the new version
Old 10-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #40
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So much hate....
Old 10-17-2023, 08:46 PM   #41
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I told whomario years ago who the better prospect was out of Foden and Sancho

Wrong place though, I admit. And of course, they did a great job fleecing United

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-17-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2023, 01:18 AM   #42
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Perhaps I don’t “optimize” as much as possible, but I’ve had success delegating almost everything but transfers, contracts, staff hiring, and high-level tactics. Stuff like media, individual tactics, touch line instructions, etc. I just leave to staff, for better or worse.

Same, the reddit and SI board people hate hearing this stuff as they're all purists who play with real players for life, but...I'm all about hiring a ton of staff to handle stuff so I can dive in and out of the save as I want to. It's still too slow at simming, but the detail and immersion kind of makes up for it.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:06 PM   #43
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't know. I feel like that used to be the case. I now feel like more people than ever are delegating the tasks they hate but those people are also complaining the loudest that the AI staff does not execute the tasks the exact way that they would have if they had did it themselves.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:31 AM   #44
miami_fan
Coordinator

Looks like we got a Beta for those that preordered.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:17 PM   #45
whomario
Pro Starter

Been that way for a few years now iirc. Just so there's no confusion: Anybody can play immediately who orders at any time from now as that's still technically pre-ordering as the official Release is Nov 6. Calling it Early Access now but yeah, sort of a open beta that lets them get feedback to find a few of the rarer/less obvious issues a little bit sooner
Old 10-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #46
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I told whomario years ago who the better prospect was out of Foden and Sancho

The correct answer was Bellingham, though, clearly. Guess your sportswashing money can't buy you everything.
Old 10-19-2023, 10:13 PM   #47
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
sportswashing

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Old 10-20-2023, 04:30 PM   #48
whomario
Pro Starter

Quite disapointing that the new Start option doesn't include being able to start in a way that lets you actually re-do all of the transfer window. (you can do a work around and chose an earlier start date from a smaller league but then f.e. those with expiring contracts IRL get years added onto it by the game).
Also there is a bug with U21/U18 teams in England (no foreigners allowed at unless registered for the 1st team) when importing saves. Bit of a bummer as my favoured FM23 save is actually with Nottingham Forrest in 2030 by now. It'll be fixed i bet but would have been nice to just jump straight in for the first weekend.

One early impression was that the matches really look more organic and processing times are down noticeably (also the UI seems smoother)

Last edited by whomario : 10-20-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:14 PM   #49
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have pulled my last FM23 save over just to see how it worked. The club is in the National League North so no worries about the U21/U18 teams for me. Either way, I have no plans to continue that one until the full version is released.

I started a test save with Arsenal just to see how everything works at the highest level. I agree with the match engine thoughts. I love the new set piece creator. It was always frustrating to have switch players around when you made changes to the lineup. I get the disappointment with the start option. Gooners are pissed that they have to start with Havertz. I guess the fix is to move the start date from July 3rd to June 1st. If you did do the work around, can you see if the Christopher Nkunku transfer to Chelsea went through? It officially went through in June but that was a transfer that was agreed to before the World Cup IIRC.
Old 10-21-2023, 08:39 PM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you were wondering how much detail tactic makers go into when trying to recreate tactics (and build them to take advantage of the match engine)

(the text breakdown)

Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

The video breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GlWOak1K5k