Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2022, 01:45 PM   #5351
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I don't know where to put this, but interesting. Correlation isn't causation and all of that.

It is fascinating isn't it? You can literally point to the start of the Reagan administration as to when America started going downhill. pic.twitter.com/ay7cygcg2e
— John Thornton (@JohnT15) July 13, 2022

Wait? So you mean the actor brought in to be the salesperson for the policies of the rich really screwed the rest of us?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #5352
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Wait? So you mean the actor brought in to be the salesperson for the policies of the rich really screwed the rest of us?

SI

The war on drugs was a colossal failure in every way imaginable. I don't think the negative impact can even be measured its so far reaching and still having a major societal impact today.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:49 PM   #5353
JPhillips
General Manager

Still waiting for someone to put a name behind the accusations that Hutchinson was lying.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:06 PM   #5354
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Still waiting for someone to put a name behind the accusations that Hutchinson was lying.

All the anonymous sources who were totally going to come forward and testify. All the gullible idiots who bought into that.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #5355
RainMaker
General Manager

What a coincidence.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #5356
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
All the anonymous sources who were totally going to come forward and testify. All the gullible idiots who bought into that.

Well, since the SS can't be trusted, apparently there's a DC cop who can corroborate her story. Not sure if it's the story that she was told what happened, or who actually witnessed the limo incident.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-14-2022 at 08:22 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:48 PM   #5357
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bannon's trial starts today and what do you know they were able to find jurors in DC who haven't listened to the Jan 6 Hearings. Judge wants 22 in the pool, have 17 so far. Thought for sure Bannon would "come down" with the flu or COVID, but maybe he's saving that for the actual trial
Old 07-19-2022, 12:01 PM   #5358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Garland should do his fucking job or be replaced. What an utter failure and disappointment.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #5359
PilotMan
Head Coach

They're being very careful and measured.

Meanwhile, trump was our there already saying he'll just investigate everyone and put them behind bars and win to avoid any prosecution.

Yet, they are both the same.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #5360
Galaril
Pro Starter

So now they are saying the text are permanently gone and the National Archive is referring agents for criminal prosecution.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:11 PM   #5361
Kodos
Resident Alien

I guess they are in effect taking a bullet for their President.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:29 PM   #5362
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So now they are saying the text are permanently gone and the National Archive is referring agents for criminal prosecution.

Biden is incredibly dumb if he doesn't overhaul the Secret Service immediately. The people who are supposed to protect you being criminals for a guy who is crazy is not safe.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #5363
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Biden is incredibly dumb if he doesn't overhaul the Secret Service immediately. The people who are supposed to protect you being criminals for a guy who is crazy is not safe.

Definitely need some major changes.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #5364
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

In my experience, the more popular a government agency is, the more corrupt it tends to be. Because nobody gains political points by investigating it. Which is why things like public defenders offices tend to be run really cleanly because if a penny goes out of place, everyone jumps on it. And things like police departments tend to end up having corruption because the media and politicians don’t want to go after them. All of which is to say that the Secret Service is one of the most popular government agencies out there. So I suspect that we are going to learn a lot of pretty bad things if they really do start a formal and thorough investigation.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 07-20-2022 at 03:52 PM.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:07 PM   #5365
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bannon trial will have laster longer than the jury will need to convict him after his lawyer calls no witnesses and Bannon does not give testimony (except from the courthouse stairs) Looks like jury gets the case tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:28 PM   #5366
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

And didn't the prosecution only call 2 witnesses?
Old 07-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #5367
RainMaker
General Manager

There isn't really much of a case. You prove he got the subpoena and that's it. Not really sure what the defense can be. Law is pretty well established.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:47 PM   #5368
Ksyrup

I read that they were pushing the idea that the committee kept open communication and offered him to come in for testimony well after the deadline, suggesting it was a moving target and not a drop dead date by action.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #5369
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

they are counting on one MAGA being on the jury
Old 07-21-2022, 06:05 PM   #5370
Ksyrup

Old 07-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #5371
Atocep
Coordinator

Seeing the violence always hits hard. Pence's security detail calling family to tell them they love them because they didn't think they were going to make it out is crazy.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:45 PM   #5372
PilotMan
Head Coach

Honestly, if nothing comes of this, and by nothing, I mean, no very serious charges and convictions at the top, then there never will be, from anyone in the future. There will be no limit to what can be attempted until someone succeeds and then the laws will cease to matter, because all will be lost.

Like Steam?

Old 07-21-2022, 08:48 PM   #5373
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Honestly, if nothing comes of this, and by nothing, I mean, no very serious charges and convictions at the top, then there never will be, from anyone in the future. There will be no limit to what can be attempted until someone succeeds and then the laws will cease to matter, because all will be lost.

Love her or hate her, Cheney gets this more than anyone and has totally thrown herself on the sword.

You can hate her policy, but she quite possibly may go down in history as the person who saves democracy.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:50 PM   #5374
PilotMan
Head Coach

Don't say it PM, don't say it PM don't say it PM......

{might be the only good thing to come out of Dick Cheney}

Fuck....I still hate her, but at least she's drawn a line in the sand and held her ground. It shows integrity, and I admire integrity.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-21-2022 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #5375
bronconick
College Starter

The footage of Josh Hawley running away from the insurrectionists after he raised his fists in solidarity is hilarious. Showing it again in Slo-
Mo is priceless.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:08 PM   #5376
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah so glad they highlighted Hawley like that-he's been pretty unscathed in the hearings so far.

Like a lot of us, there's not much I like about Liz Cheney's politics, but if she does lose re-election, I hope President Biden can find somewhere in the White House or his staff that would not go too much against her beliefs/politics. I think her voice still needs to be heard and not just fade away.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-22-2022 at 06:21 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:39 AM   #5377
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I imagine she'll do whatever it is that Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, and Tim Pawlenty have been doing since the GOP discarded them.

(Likely, in their minds, waiting for the GOP's Trump "fever dream" to subside so they can come back to the national stage.)
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:35 AM   #5378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
The footage of Josh Hawley running away from the insurrectionists after he raised his fists in solidarity is hilarious. Showing it again in Slo-
Mo is priceless.

I love the way the room erupted with laughter.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #5379
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I imagine she'll do whatever it is that Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, and Tim Pawlenty have been doing since the GOP discarded them.

(Likely, in their minds, waiting for the GOP's Trump "fever dream" to subside so they can come back to the national stage.)

I don't know if I'd say this about Pawlenty, but it was definitely the fever dream that Ryan and Walker helped create/lead

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:51 AM   #5380
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah so glad they highlighted Hawley like that-he's been pretty unscathed in the hearings so far.

Like a lot of us, there's not much I like about Liz Cheney's politics, but if she does lose re-election, I hope President Biden can find somewhere in the White House or his staff that would not go too much against her beliefs/politics. I think her voice still needs to be heard and not just fade away.

They are making fun of him so hard, they are making me nervous. Usually when people pick on white nationalist enough the grab an AR-15 and shoot a bunch of children to prove they are men.

As for Liz, foreign policy jobs can be bi-partisan. I think she might have a penchant for invading Middle Eastern countries for invented reasons like her father, though.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #5381
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Mo is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I love the way the room erupted with laughter.

I finally watched this, OMG, priceless and what a pussy! If anybody deserved to have their lack of t4estosterone called out more, I can't think of them right now.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #5382
Ksyrup

I'm more concerned that Hawley would push hard for criminalizing this entire process once GOP is back in charge (in a few months) and generally aligning with Trump on turning the entire federal government into a far right ecosystem by purging career workers to ensure any crazy thing they want to do will be met with no resistance. Picking on/shaming someone like Hawley can backfire when they have power. Frankly, he can help to do far more damage without a gun.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #5383
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola, regardless of anything they have, or haven't done in the past, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are heroes, that history will remember kindly!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #5384
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm more concerned that Hawley would push hard for criminalizing this entire process once GOP is back in charge (in a few months) and generally aligning with Trump on turning the entire federal government into a far right ecosystem by purging career workers to ensure any crazy thing they want to do will be met with no resistance. Picking on/shaming someone like Hawley can backfire when they have power. Frankly, he can help to do far more damage without a gun.

I get this, but in general, I think it's more effective to make the fascists into clowns rather than super-villains. Plenty of people want to follow the super-villain, but far fewer want to follow the clown.

Last edited by JPhillips : 07-22-2022 at 10:24 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #5385
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They are making fun of him so hard, they are making me nervous. Usually when people pick on white nationalist enough the grab an AR-15 and shoot a bunch of children to prove they are men.

As for Liz, foreign policy jobs can be bi-partisan. I think she might have a penchant for invading Middle Eastern countries for invented reasons like her father, though.

Yeah Jeff Flake is an Ambassador now I think, could be a good place for her to end up (and not inventing reasons for invading them)
Old 07-22-2022, 10:57 AM   #5386
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I get this, but in general, I think it's more effective to make the fascists into clowns rather than super-villains. Plenty of people want to follow the super-villain, but far fewer want to follow the clown.

I think this is far more likely to be a Dukakis moment than a MAGA supervillain origin story.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:04 AM   #5387
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bannon trial is in the hands of the jury as of about 10 mins ago
Old 07-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #5388
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They should be back already.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:59 AM   #5389
Ksyrup

Quote:
Plenty of people want to follow the super-villain, but far fewer want to follow the clown.

That seems to be old-guard, conventional wisdom. There are even bigger clowns that have a more rabid following than Hawley, so...
Old 07-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #5390
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
They should be back already.

It's lunchtime. Let's convict this moron. But first, we eat!
Old 07-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #5391
Ksyrup

HA!

Old 07-22-2022, 01:42 PM   #5392
Thomkal
Head Coach

And just predicted by many legal pundits, jury got a free lunch then didn't want to come back after the weekend, verdict is in
Old 07-22-2022, 01:45 PM   #5393
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

You would have to think a short verdict is bad for Bannon.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #5394
RainMaker
General Manager

I know juries can be a crapshoot but it's really not a complex case. You get a subpoena and have to appear. Kind of a staple of the justice system.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #5395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Guilty on both counts
Old 07-22-2022, 01:55 PM   #5396
RainMaker
General Manager

So what happens now? Does he just go home with a "L" on his record?
Old 07-22-2022, 02:09 PM   #5397
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Sentencing Hearing is on OCT 21
Old 07-22-2022, 02:26 PM   #5398
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does anyone actually think Bannon is going to serve a minute of time?
Old 07-22-2022, 02:53 PM   #5399
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Immediate pardon from trump. Doesn't matter who is the president is, he'll 'invoke' it.

Like Steam?

Old 07-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #5400
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That seems to be old-guard, conventional wisdom. There are even bigger clowns that have a more rabid following than Hawley, so...

It's clownish in a way that doesn't resonate with the MAGA base. It reminds me of how Trump lost faith in Sean Spicer after seeing him played by a woman on SNL.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote