Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #5901
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I thought I read something on twitter that they filed this in a court that had no claim to jurisdiction. I don't know if that's right, but it wouldn't surprise me that went for judge first, legalities second (or not at all).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 01:01 PM   #5902
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah same district in Florida, but no doubt he was judge shopping to try to get one more favorable to him and from what I've seen-she's far-right Federalist Society type judge
Old 08-23-2022, 03:35 PM   #5903
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd be pretty damned embarrassed if I was and a judge wrote this:

Old 08-23-2022, 06:18 PM   #5904
cuervo72
Head Coach

I liked this reaction:

Old 08-23-2022, 09:37 PM   #5905
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

2 of the pieces of crap that tried to kidnap Mich Gov Whitmer get dunked on. But of course their POS lawyers are complaining there was a bad juror after a previous case had a hung jury and an acquittal
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:57 PM   #5906
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

2 of the pieces of crap that tried to kidnap Mich Gov Whitmer get dunked on. But of course their POS lawyers are complaining there was a bad juror after a previous case had a hung jury and an acquittal

I'm actually surprised the state got the conviction. I didn't follow the trial this time around, but I wonder how the state got around entrapment accusations. Or maybe the jury just didn't care.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:30 AM   #5907
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Upon retrial, two Michigan militia ringleaders are convicted of plotting to kidnap Gov. Whitmer

also trump called the whitmer plot a complete fake earlier this month so...hey look! trump is a piece of shit!
Old 08-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #5908
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I liked this reaction:

That's solid. I know nothing about why this is how it is, but the idea of that is great. So I really, really, hope it's accurate.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #5909
Atocep
Coordinator

Dershowitz foreshadowed this a bit. He was explaining last week or the week before that Trump can't find competent attorneys because no one wants the case. He was kind of alluding to potential competence issues with who he ended up with.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #5910
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Dershowitz foreshadowed this a bit. He was explaining last week or the week before that Trump can't find competent attorneys because no one wants the case. He was kind of alluding to potential competence issues with who he ended up with.

I thought it was because the lawyers wanted to actually get paid.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #5911
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Two things that lawyers tend to prefer, all things being equal, are (1) getting paid, and (2) a client who will take their advice.

So, yeah, lawyers with options don't want to work for a guy famous for not paying people and for never taking any advice he does not want to hear.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:49 PM   #5912
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I thought it was because the lawyers wanted to actually get paid.
And not get indicted. He has no qualms of making criminals of his representation. Not to mention he demands the legally impossible.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #5913
CarterNMA
Mascot

My conspiracy theory:
So, if the news is correct that he had special access program materials, can we assume that anything that takes place at Area 51 would fall under those kinds of protections? Maybe those documents prove there aren't aliens and he wanted to be able to show friends what really goes on out there?
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:37 PM   #5914
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterNMA View Post
My conspiracy theory:
So, if the news is correct that he had special access program materials, can we assume that anything that takes place at Area 51 would fall under those kinds of protections? Maybe those documents prove there aren't aliens and he wanted to be able to show friends what really goes on out there?

Maybe that's the only way he can get people to come over to his place.

It's like the nerdy guy with a swimming pool who gets a lot of new friends every summer.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:08 PM   #5915
GrantDawg

Trump's Truth Social post tonight suggesting McConnell and his should both be arrested was cryptic and interesting. I still think what he had was blackmail information in a number of Republicans, along with valuable state secrets he can sell.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2022, 12:20 AM   #5916
whomario
Pro Starter

It would be so on brand for Trump to have had this shit, whatever it is, for that long and not made digital copies, wouldn't it ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 12:31 AM   #5917
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So what actually happens if Trump starts sharing secrets on his social media? Maybe he loses 5% of his supporters when 95% just double down on how smart it is?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 12:53 AM   #5918
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trump's Truth Social post tonight suggesting McConnell and his should both be arrested was cryptic and interesting. I still think what he had was blackmail information in a number of Republicans, along with valuable state secrets he can sell.

He's been calling for anyone he doesn't like to be arrested for like 6 years now. I think if he had any dirt, he'd have put it out by now.

I'm probably wrong but I just think he wanted the documents to brag. He's an insane narcissist and probably got a kick out of showing some divorced lawyers and ex-golfers at his club top secret documents. Lets be honest, the guy watches cable news and golfs all day. He isn't exactly bringing riveting conversation to the dinner party.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:10 AM   #5919
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He's been calling for anyone he doesn't like to be arrested for like 6 years now. I think if he had any dirt, he'd have put it out by now.

I'm probably wrong but I just think he wanted the documents to brag. He's an insane narcissist and probably got a kick out of showing some divorced lawyers and ex-golfers at his club top secret documents. Lets be honest, the guy watches cable news and golfs all day. He isn't exactly bringing riveting conversation to the dinner party.

i think you're right on all counts. His shouting for the documents back is just a mcguffin to incite more "outrage"
Old 08-25-2022, 01:11 AM   #5920
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So what actually happens if Trump starts sharing secrets on his social media? Maybe he loses 5% of his supporters when 95% just double down on how smart it is?

pffff...he's got nothing. probably remembers nothing.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:14 AM   #5921
whomario
Pro Starter

Hope this becomes a thing (MAGA loosers telling their followers to not vote for the Rep candidate).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 08-25-2022, 06:49 AM   #5922
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is the shit that must keep McConnell, McCarthy, etc up at night. They created this and now can’t control it and I am here for all of it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:12 AM   #5923
Flasch186
Coordinator

McCarthy? I think he likes this shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:21 AM   #5924
bronconick
College Starter

Is she going to lock herself to one side of the doors in "protest" again?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #5925
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
McCarthy? I think he likes this shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he does. He may be spineless but he isn't stupid. He desperately wants to be speaker and realizes these dopes encouraging MAGAs to stay home hurts those prospects.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:22 AM   #5926
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Someone (his lawyers?) managed to get it through his head that all of the crimes he's been admitting to over the last few weeks might actually be a bad thing. He's always at his most freaked out and least coherent when he's actually nervous about something.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:36 AM   #5927
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

MTG's home got swatted apparently. I'm guessing she did it herself :P
Old 08-26-2022, 02:33 AM   #5928
whomario
Pro Starter

For something completely different, Jamie Foxx with the best Trump impersonation:

Old 08-26-2022, 11:51 AM   #5929
whomario
Pro Starter

The redacted affidavit:

Old 08-26-2022, 11:55 AM   #5930
Atocep
Coordinator

I read through it. It absolutely destroys every excuse/defense offered by Trump and his team.

He should 100% go to prison for this. He had all sorts of classified info including TS documents labeled NOFORN out of their folders and mixed in with his press clippings, newspapers, notes, ect.

Last edited by Atocep : 08-26-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #5931
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I read through it. It absolutely destroys every excuse/defense offered by Trump and his team.

He should 100% go to prison for this. He had all sorts of classified info including TS documents labeled NOFORN out of their folders and mixed in with his press clippings, newspapers, notes, ect.

Wow ... I mean, it's entirely on brand for him

Figures that i see a joke floating about without even realizing it is actually out

Last edited by whomario : 08-26-2022 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #5932
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The DOJ wanted to keep this sealed under their policy (which is for the benefit of criminal suspects) to not release incriminating information before charges are filed.

Trump, assuming that if they wanted X, then he should want not-X, moved to unseal it without really thinking about whether he should want it unsealed.

So now there's a bunch of stuff out there making him look bad because he demanded it be released. That's a hell of an own goal.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #5933
GrantDawg

Quote:

Is it as clear as that? The defense still is that a President can declassify any document according to their interpretation of the Constitution. It looks like since May Trumps lawyers have been making that assertion. I really don't know if that defense might work or not, especially given the current make-up of the Supreme Court. As for the Presidential Records Act, he definitely has no defense unless they are going to claim that is somehow unconstitutional as well.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:15 PM   #5934
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I honestly think that Trump thinks that the Presidential Records Act says that he gets to keep records because he was the President.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #5935
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Is it as clear as that? The defense still is that a President can declassify any document according to their interpretation of the Constitution. It looks like since May Trumps lawyers have been making that assertion. I really don't know if that defense might work or not, especially given the current make-up of the Supreme Court. As for the Presidential Records Act, he definitely has no defense unless they are going to claim that is somehow unconstitutional as well.

This bit from the NYT may address your question:

Quote:
In a footnote, the affidavit makes explicit that the law that prohibits the unlawful gathering, transmission or loss of defense information does not use the term "classified information." Rather, it criminalizes “the unlawful retention of ‘information related to the national defense.’” This seems to undercut the idea that there is no crime so long as Trump declassified the information before leaving office.

Charlie Savage
Aug. 26, 2022, 1:04 p.m. ET12 minutes ago
12 minutes ago

Charlie Savage
The May letter from Jay Bratt also made the case that Trump is not subject to a law that criminalizes the mishandling of classified information, Section 1924 of Title 18 of the U.S. Code. Notably, that was not one of the three laws that the search warrant cited and relied upon, suggesting that the Justice Department did not need it and wanted to avoid a fight over whether the classification status of the documents mattered.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-26-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #5936
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
The redacted affidavit:

Ah yes that well known constitutional expert-Rick Astley
Old 08-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #5937
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

The President can not declassify any document. He can declassify most documents but there's still a declassification process since it's not a magic wand.

There are things a president can not declassify no matter what he wants or says. Those tend be those of the TS/SCI variety. The people in charge of our national secrets aren't stupid enough to not have safeguards in place for nearly every conceivable thing that could happen. We have classification systems in place based on the potential damage leaks or releases could cause. That doesn't go out the window because the president wants it.

Some documents they would probably ignore leakage or mishandling because it's a former president. But when it comes to TS/SCI, NOFORN, SI, ect and were not talking about simple mishandling we're talking about these documents being stored in his home like they're just memorabilia.

He should go to prison based on just the unredacted parts of that affidavit. 100%
Old 08-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #5938
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I swear I saw this as a Netflix documentary...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:52 PM   #5939
bronconick
College Starter

He had a bunch of stuff on "clandestine human sources"

Yeah, that's going to go over well.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:00 PM   #5940
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's totally amusing that in that picture they've shopped out Lindsey Graham, who appears when you load the story.

Like Steam?

Old 08-26-2022, 02:35 PM   #5941
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
This bit from the NYT may address your question:
This is going to be the counter argument.

On What Grounds Can the FBI Investigate the President as a Counterintelligence Threat? - Lawfare

Quote:
They would not do so because these actions—and indeed the very determination of the U.S. interest in the conduct of U.S. foreign policy—are presidential prerogatives. The Supreme Court has often affirmed, many times since United States v. Curtiss-Wright Export Corp., that it is the president himself, not the executive branch, who possesses “the very delicate, plenary and exclusive power … as the sole organ of the federal government in the field of international relations—a power which does not require as a basis for its exercise an act of Congress.” Moreover, the president has plenary control within the executive branch of the intelligence power and classified information, which is defined, by the president, in terms of harm to national security. In short, the president is the person constitutionally charged with determining what constitutes the national security interest and national security threats for the executive branch, which is where the FBI is located.
Because the president determines the U.S. national security interest and threats against it, at least for the executive branch, there is an argument that it makes no sense for the FBI to open a counterintelligence case against the president premised on his being a threat to the national security. The president defines what a national security threat is, and thus any action by him cannot be such a threat, at least not for purposes of opening a counterintelligence investigation.

Edit: If the President decides what is classified, and what is a national security threat, then Trump decided that these documents were not security threats while he was president.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-26-2022 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #5942
GrantDawg

One of Trumps lawyers just said "Everything President Trump had was covered by the Presidential Records Act. So this couldn't be a crime under the Presidential Records Act because there are none!" They really do believe the Presidential Records Act means he gets to keep his records.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2022, 05:03 PM   #5943
PilotMan
Head Coach

They're basically arguing that the office of the president is so powerful, and that the person in that office has so much authority that any decision they make, is legal, and that they have full authority, to bypass any process, option, or legal avenue to do any of the other stuff that you say he did or didn't do. That's basically it. It's Bannon's supreme executive authority to the nth degree.

The kicker is that there are people out there who are like, 'you know, that makes complete and total sense, and I think he's completely right'. Good old George Washington was right about the people wanting a king.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-26-2022 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:21 PM   #5944
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

This story is so bizarre. Apparently, she's been under investigation by Canadian authorities as well. But the big part was that she was outed to the trump people a black music producer who was at Mar-a-lago with Ray J, and another rapper who trump had granted clemency to. What are the odds of that being your go to for counter-intelligence?

She had a Ukrainian passport, a Russian passport, a US passport and a fake Canadian passport. Three with different names. Oh, and her dad is a truck driver from Illinois.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-26-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #5945
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I guess it is along the lines of Inventing Anna.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:47 PM   #5946
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
They're basically arguing that the office of the president is so powerful, and that the person in that office has so much authority that any decision they make, is legal, and that they have full authority, to bypass any process, option, or legal avenue to do any of the other stuff that you say he did or didn't do. That's basically it. It's Bannon's supreme executive authority to the nth degree.

The kicker is that there are people out there who are like, 'you know, that makes complete and total sense, and I think he's completely right'. Good old George Washington was right about the people wanting a king.

Unless, of course, you get a BJ from an intern and lie about it.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:57 PM   #5947
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Unless it's a dem in that office.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #5948
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Unless it's a dem in that office.

If that's the case then they're there illegally. Only possible explanation.

Like Steam?

Old 08-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #5949
Atocep
Coordinator

Bill Barr is trying to do the sympathetic figure from the Trump administration trying to rehabilitate his image thing.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:27 PM   #5950
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Bill Barr is trying to do the sympathetic figure from the Trump administration trying to rehabilitate his image thing.

True, but at least most of Trump's MAGA fanbase is having to come to grips with cold, hard facts. Which is more likely? Trump is delusional and lying, or dozens of former hand picked cabinet members, advisors, attorneys, internal pollsters and family members are lying. There aren't many more left for Trump to throw under the bus.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote