Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2022, 01:53 PM   #6001
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yeah, but it has all but eliminated several defenses. If you or I got raided, it likely wouldn't be after weeks/months of wrangling, they would just come and get the shit. And I'd say, "Damn, I didn't even know that was there!" Bending over backwards for Trump makes it impossible for him to make that kind of argument.

I think it is clear his supporters don't care about that. They are being fed he was cooperating and the feds decided to do a rogue political stunt. If and when he is arrested, which I would imagine is the goal of the DOJ, otherwise why go through all this, there was always going to be civil unrest because there is no reasoning or use of logic with his supporters. So many people are waiting for the tipping point where his supporters finally have a come to jesus about who and what he is and that is never going to happen.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:30 PM   #6002
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think it is clear his supporters don't care about that. They are being fed he was cooperating and the feds decided to do a rogue political stunt. If and when he is arrested, which I would imagine is the goal of the DOJ, otherwise why go through all this, there was always going to be civil unrest because there is no reasoning or use of logic with his supporters. So many people are waiting for the tipping point where his supporters finally have a come to jesus about who and what he is and that is never going to happen.

I'm not really worried about his followers. I want him crippled from being able to run as GOP but still do enough to antagonize the GOP.

The fact that they bent over backwards does give a lot of latitude in court that they tried to accommodate but were rebuffed, the fact that Trump's lawyers signed off on everything being removed and then finding it wasn't really screws that legal team. The GOP isn't going to pay for any more legal services for Trump so now his donations will go directly to the legal team on his own.

Trumpanzees are a stupid lot, but I don't think they'll do much anymore they were thwarted by their own stupidity on January 6th, they got reamed on mask mandates, they are a stupid bunch and I think most Americans just want a sense of stability and normalcy.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:41 PM   #6003
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Exactly. I'm way beyond caring what his supporters think.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:31 PM   #6004
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Every 5-7 years depending on how deep the backlog is at the time. A friend of mine was denied a renewed clearance because he posted pro-marijuana stuff on a blog. My ex wife was denied hers because she said she drank wine once or twice a week and that qualified as binge drinking by their definition.

It's particularly painful when you're active duty because they want addresses for friends/contacts and when you're AD most of those friends and contacts move every 2 years or so and its difficult to keep up. I had to do two follow ups I'm person to clarify answers to some questions and part of maintaining a clearance when working for the NSA requires passing a lie detector.
He and his friends definitely have some funny stories around the lie detector test.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:34 PM   #6005
JPhillips
General Manager

No wonder Trump can't find any real attorneys.

Old 08-31-2022, 05:59 PM   #6006
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The DOJ’s case against him for keeping documents sloppily on the floor is falling apart as we speak. But they still might be able to get a conviction with the selling secrets to the Russians and getting our spies killed stuff.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:00 PM   #6007
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Also, the expert troll move of putting that picture in the filing knowing that he was going to blab about it was great.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:12 PM   #6008
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

We have every reason to think that DOJ is still actively pursuing a J6 criminal investigation, too.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:43 PM   #6009
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
No wonder Trump can't find any real attorneys.

I had not seen this quote yet. HAHAHAHAHHA

This guy always admitting to crimes. Can we please put him behind bars already.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 08-31-2022 at 07:43 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:17 PM   #6010
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump filed their reply to the DOJ. No where in there does it say he declassified the documents. As usual they will scream it everywhere they can but won't ever legally challenge it because they know it isn't true.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:50 PM   #6011
GrantDawg

They did say he, as President is allowed to have these Presidential documents under the Presidential Records Act. Except he is not the President, and that is not at all what the Presidential Record Act says.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-31-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:43 PM   #6012
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump has the worst fucking lawyers.

Quote:
Habba: I’m somebody who has been in his office.. I have firsthand knowledge. I have never seen that. That is not the way his office looks.. He has guests frequently there.

Last edited by JPhillips : 08-31-2022 at 09:43 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:13 PM   #6013
RainMaker
General Manager

His lawyers are remarkably bad.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:10 PM   #6014
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
His lawyers are remarkably bad.

Indeed.

bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:24 PM   #6015
Atocep
Coordinator

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/stat...25192865611777

This twitter thread goes over the DOJ filing and it really sounds like he's going to be charged at some point.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:28 PM   #6016
RainMaker
General Manager

I just don't see it happening. The whole reason Republicans liked Garland is because he won't go after them. The guy got popular in those circles for looking the other way during the OKC investigation.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:46 PM   #6017
PilotMan
Head Coach

There just can't be any other option here. There are multiple crimes and the evidence can't be any clearer.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:17 AM   #6018
Ksyrup

Yeah, you either bury this in a confidential investigation with an ending summary that there were no crimes that could be charged, or you do something like this, where there's so much out there that you can't not charge him.

My thought is that this is the equivalent to getting Capone for tax evasion. Rather than the messiness of January 6, take him down for something way more straight forward, clean, and easy to explain/understand.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #6019
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There's a decent chance that Trump would have skated on this had he shut up. Remember, before he started losing his mind, we all thought/assumed that this records dispute with the Archives was something involving anodyne papers. I think that DOJ would have gone in, gotten the stuff to protect national security, and then hushed it up. The norms against going after political opponents are *strong.*

But then Trump basically started telling people to go after FBI agents (BIG NO NO in DOJ World). And he kept lying about the case (BIG NO NO in DOJ World). And by constantly making court filings arguing that there is nothing there, he has forced/allowed the DOJ to respond with "Actually, there's SO MUCH here."

And now that Trump has forced all of this out into the open, I think (don't know, but think) that they *have* to bring charges on this. Maybe not for a while, but before 2024.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #6020
JPhillips
General Manager

The FBI didn't publicize the warrant or the raid, that was all Trump. I think you're right that they would have been happy to let all of this play out without any publicity.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #6021
GrantDawg

Can I suggest a possible counterpoint? Is it possible that Trump went very public with the full court press on this because he knew what the DOJ found in that search and he knew he was in big trouble? I think it is very possible that he really believed he could lie his way out this and there would be no way the DOJ would seek a search warrant. Lie and delay is his go to in everything, but he didnt expect the DOJ to actually call his bluff.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:00 PM   #6022
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Put me in the camp that thinks they have to bring charges against him at this point. I still don't think he does a second in jail, but NOT charging him at this point politicizes it in the opposite direction by making him a martyr. .
Old 09-01-2022, 12:30 PM   #6023
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Put me in the camp that thinks they have to bring charges against him at this point. I still don't think he does a second in jail, but NOT charging him at this point politicizes it in the opposite direction by making him a martyr. .

I agree with both of these

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-01-2022 at 12:33 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 12:35 PM   #6024
PilotMan
Head Coach

I said in 2016 that trump and Burlusconi were cut from the same cloth. They are both raving, crime ridden, narcissists.

He's a guy who ran the country, had numerous legal problems that he wiggled out of but the list was incredible. Something like 32 according to Wiki...he comes out of all that, gets elected again and legal problems still follow him. He eventually is convicted, finally, on tax fraud, and does a year of a 4 year sentence in prison.

He's still all over the news, won't go away, and is constantly in trouble, yet, he's still a man of the people with some support.

trump is still following this path. It's quite possible he continues to follow it.

Like Steam?

Old 09-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #6025
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Access Denied

Trump's boyfriend pushed a guy out of his hospital window.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-01-2022 at 12:42 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #6026
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Can I suggest a possible counterpoint? Is it possible that Trump went very public with the full court press on this because he knew what the DOJ found in that search and he knew he was in big trouble? I think it is very possible that he really believed he could lie his way out this and there would be no way the DOJ would seek a search warrant. Lie and delay is his go to in everything, but he didnt expect the DOJ to actually call his bluff.

I think that makes it a little more thought out than it was. I think that he's more of an instinctive guy. He thrives in chaos. It makes other people wrongfooted, but he's happy in that world.

So I think that he instinctively felt the pressure coming and just decided to turn everything maximum crazy-pants. Because that's always worked for him.

So far, DOJ is not joining him there.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:12 PM   #6027
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I think that makes it a little more thought out than it was. I think that he's more of an instinctive guy. He thrives in chaos. It makes other people wrongfooted, but he's happy in that world.

So I think that he instinctively felt the pressure coming and just decided to turn everything maximum crazy-pants. Because that's always worked for him.

So far, DOJ is not joining him there.
I think my view is instinctive for him as well. Learned behavior is to lie and delay because that almost always worked for him in the past. Actually, to him it is not lying. A what a narcissist creates in his mind becomes his reality. When someone (in this case the DOJ) acts contrary to his mental reality, he loses it. Just like a I really do believe he sees "Presidential Records Act" and thinks that means the president owns the records. And he searched until he found a lawyer willing to make that argument in court.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #6028
GrantDawg

Leaving this without commentary:\

Old 09-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #6029
GrantDawg

And three in a row, circle gets the square: It sounds awfully like the judge is going to rule in Trump's favor.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #6030
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And three in a row, circle gets the square: It sounds awfully like the judge is going to rule in Trump's favor.

lmao

Old 09-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #6031
PilotMan
Head Coach

yeah, it's funny because it's totally moot at this point.

Like Steam?

Old 09-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #6032
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
yeah, it's funny because it's totally moot at this point.
Depends on the ruling. She is basically suggesting that Trump might qualify for Executive Privilege even though he is no longer President. If that survives appeals that might turn this whole thing on its head, not to mention send even the January 6th investigation spinning. I don't think it will survive appeals even as bad as the Supreme Court has twisted, but who knows anymore. We have to see the ruling, which my guess will come out at Midnight Friday.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:43 PM   #6033
JPhillips
General Manager

Another exhibit for the Trump lawyers are terible file.

Old 09-02-2022, 08:13 AM   #6034
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
There just can't be any other option here. There are multiple crimes and the evidence can't be any clearer.

Yeah, but we've been saying this since 2015.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #6035
Ksyrup

Old 09-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #6036
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This is now one of the more serious intelligence leaks in U.S. history.

Edit: Especially if it turns out some of these documents leaking led directly to the compromise of American and allied intelligence assets.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 09-02-2022 at 12:20 PM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:26 PM   #6037
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So is this like a " the docs were never in the folders" situation or a "the docs were in there and are now missing" situation?
Old 09-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #6038
GrantDawg

Quote:
So is this like a " the docs were never in the folders" situation or a "the docs were in there and are now missing" situation?
It could be something, or it could be nothing. Quoting a security expert:
Quote:
But because those folders are often reused, one source familiar with these kinds of documents cautioned that merely finding an empty folder is not necessarily an indication that any of the information it previously contained has been mishandled.
"Empty folders raise questions, but were they empty and without descriptive info?" this person said. "Putting a cover sheet on a folder and carrying it with multiple docs inside is often done. Akin to finding cover sheets, which are often laying around in classified environments and in and of themselves not an issue."
Old 09-02-2022, 12:42 PM   #6039
GrantDawg

Don't you hate when Bill Barr is right about something?
Old 09-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #6040
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bill Barr is shredding trump...
Old 09-02-2022, 01:31 PM   #6041
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what gutters he will be pulling the members of his next administration from.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #6042
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wonder what gutters he will be pulling the members of his next administration from.

From Russia
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #6043
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
From Russia

No, no - in 2024. Not like the last 3 years and change of his previous administration.

EDIT: And it's not like his 2017 cabinet was good. There were all sorts of bullshit saboteurs like Ryan Zinke, Betsy De Vos, Scott Pruitt, and Rick Perry who were put in charge of departments they wanted to destroy (or, in Perry's case, couldn't remember which one he wanted to destroy) . But there were a handful of your run-of-the-mill-ish mostly partisan political appointees like Mattis, Tillerson, and even Jeff Sessions (I mean, geez, John Ashcroft got that post under Bush). After the first round, though, it was loyalty and loyalty alone that mattered.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-02-2022 at 02:50 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #6044
Ksyrup

I don't know where they are going to come from, but they will make sure he is still in office in 2030.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:52 PM   #6045
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
From Russia

With Love
Old 09-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #6046
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yes I watched the PA rally because I'm in PA (I got married in Wilkes Barre).

Typical wounded Trump speak, but maybe a missed a bunch of it because it did seem short.

The aggrieved bullshit reminds me what bullies do. I don't find Oz or Mastriano compelling candidates. I've only seen one Oz sign in my town, a lot of Fetterman signs.

With the abortion issues along with the weakest candidates I've seen, it looks to sadly while it'll be close (because Pennsyltucky) for governor, I think Oz is viewed as an outsider by even the most insular Trumpanzee voters. I have hope that moderate Republicans will scoff at him and actually are okay with Fetterman because he "looks like them" and I think he thinks like them too (He does tell it like it is) whereas Oz is just full of shit.

I only wish Trump dies soon because if he can make it to 2024, he will run, he has no other option to and he will spout bullshit lie upon bullshit lie (i.e. I loved how he brought up COVID during the rally and stated that more died in 2022 than 2021, as if it were in a vacuum. And that France is a big country and they got all their paper voting done in one night...France has about 67 million people vs 264 in the US and I believe we have multiple time zones, but don't let the truth come out...btw what Trumpanzee is okay with what France does anyway...but there is Trump spouting it).

I also loved how Trump lied that the owner of Johnson and Johnson was at the rally...I did a check on this, and while he is a scion he isn't the owner. More bullshit...but Trump needs to lie that companies support him and leaders support him...the problem is Trumpanzees cannot face the truth that he's full of shit.

And this brings me again to what is the endgame for Trumpanzees? I know Trump needs to win because he can then fire anyone linked to investigating him, he can become a dictator, that is his goal...make no bones about it. His sycophants will enable him because they think they can get a piece of the pie.

But his voters...they know they get nothing right? Do they think that by voting him back in they can get this vision of the US that is beyond exitance? Is it really to kill/eliminate all minorities? Is it really to subjugate all women? Is it really the Judeo-Christian ethos to be instilled to all Americans (I would think most Trumpanzees hate Jews, they are predominantly evangelicals).

I just feel that if Trump wins again, there will be at some point a Rwandan type massacre here. Probably not nationwide, but liberal types will be singled out and executed. Trump will consolidate his base and hold on until he dies on the toilet shitting out remnants of his McDonald's.

Then we get Don Jr.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:46 AM   #6047
whomario
Pro Starter

This picture says so much (and is way to big to embed ):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fbz76W4WIAEa-zg?format=jpg

There's also this:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-04-2022 at 10:48 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:20 AM   #6048
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If the feds searched a normal person’s home and found this stuff, they’d get a warrant for their other properties.

We can assume they haven’t done that with former President Trump b/c he’d be complaining about it on Truth Social.

Which means that DOJ is being very careful about only going into places when they are 99% certain that they will find something.

Which means that they have a very high-placed leaker/informant who flipped on Trump & is working for them. Someone who knows what Trump kept in his safe at MAL.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 09-05-2022 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:40 PM   #6049
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump appointed judge after he lost orders a special master in a case where she doesn't have jurisdiction.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #6050
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump appointed judge after he lost orders a special master in a case where she doesn't have jurisdiction.
And as I said, the Special Master is to weed out not just attorney client privileged but also "Presidential privileged." She is giving a former president privileged.