Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #51
DanGarion
Coordinator

With the 2012 draft only 1 week away the Trojans are still making moves, sending Matt Garza to Grosse Pointe for FRY 2013 1st rounder (probably around 10-12th), GP 2013 6th rounder, Anibal Sanchez.

A little step back to step forward next year. I have 3 1st next season now.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #52
DanGarion
Coordinator

Anyone want to chime in on if I should draft Wilson Ramos or Salvador Perez?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #53
DanGarion
Coordinator

When we last left off the Mighty Trojans of SoCal were an also-ran in the RUBL, a lot has changed since then. 66 Games into the 2012 season the Southern California Trojans have been showing off how much they have improved from their embarrassingly depressing 2011 season by going 36-30 so far this season. With all-star caliber performances from newcomers Jeff Francoeur and Brandon McCarthy leading the way as the Trojans recently completed the third sweep (9-0 in the first half) of one of their division rivals the Gotham Knights. In game one of the most recent series the Trojan's Nick Punto failed to put down a bunt during a suicide squeeze attempt in the bottom of the eight with Brent Lillibridge on 3rd, but fortunately Lillibridge's stealing ability kicked in as he was able to slide in under the tag of Buster Posey at home to tie the game and lead to a Eric Hosmer sacrifice fly to put the Trojans ahead and give Clayton Kershaw his 6th win of the season. The luck continued as the Trojans were down 2-0 in the 6th inning of game two as Matt Downs came to the plate with bases loaded and hit a grandslam off of David Price. In game three the heroics of the Trojans weren't over, as they went to the 9th inning with a tied 5-5 ball game. Eric Hosmer started off the inning with a single. Jack Hanahan came to the plate (with one out) and promptly hit a doubled to center, Hosmer tried to leg it out to home but was thrown out at the plate. Gotham decided to walk shortstop J.J. Hardy so they could pitch to Endy Chavez with men on 1st and 2nd. Chavez hit a single to win the game in the bottom ninth and complete the 1st half sweep of the Knights.

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-31-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #54
DanGarion
Coordinator

I just realized I never posted my 2012 draft.

Here is the 2012 Class for the Southern California Trojans.

1st Round, Eric Hosmer, 1B
1st Round, Dustin Ackley, 2B
1st Round, Mike Moustakas, 3B
2nd Round, Wilson Ramos, C
3rd Round, Brandon McCarthy, SP
4th Round, Josh Reddick, OF
5th Round, Jeff Francouer, RF
6th Round, Jim Johnson, RP
6th Round, Vinnie Pestano, RP
7th Round, Jeremy Affeldt, RP
7th Round, Matt Downs, UTL
8th Round, Matt Harrison, SP
9th Round, Joel Hannahan, 3B
10th Round, Mike Carp, 1B
11th Round, Chase d’Arnaud, SS,3B
12th Round, Randy Wolf, SP
13th Round, Brent Lillibridge, OF

Supplemental Drop Pile, Endy Chavez, OF

Last edited by DanGarion : 05-31-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #55
DanGarion
Coordinator

In case anyone is interested here are my team stats for 2011 and 2010, it's amazing to see how far my team has come.

Last edited by DanGarion : 11-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #56
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just to get some reference here is how my team is doing through 66 games this year.

Hitting
Avg .250
OB .307
SLG .422
OPS .729
Runs Per Game 3.818
Hits Per Game 8.106
BB Per Game 2.545

Pitching
ERA 3.66
WHIP 1.130
H/9 8.00
K/9 7.95
BB/9 2.18
Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #57
DanGarion
Coordinator

It's been some time since there has been an update. We are in the final stretch of the 2012 season with my team out of the playoff race at 70-74. Only 6 more series to play till we are done for the year. I'm at a place where I know my team will be much worse next year. Many of my draft picks from this season didn't have better seasons than they did in 2011 which means 2013 will be a long hard year (much like that of 2011). But long term things look up, guys like Hosmer, Morrison, and Ackley are bound to rebound in 2013 which will improve my chances in 2014. Reddick and Moustakas are my shining lights from the 2012 draft since they both played well offensively and defensively. Pitching will be interesting, as already stated in the past left handed pitchers get a bit screwed in Strat because of the right bias of the game, so even though I have the best lefty in baseball with Kershaw it's not always perfect. McCarthy, Morrow, and Sanchez will be good pitchers but the first two have limited innings. Harrison and Holland will probably in the mix throughout the season as well.

My entire relieving staff is on the trade block, I've already sent 4 of them on their way for future growth. Motte, Johnson, and Pestano were traded for Ryan Madson. 2013 4th, 2013 5th, 2014 3rd, and 2014 4th. Dotel was sent packing for Danny Duffy (looking for him to come back in 2013 so he can put in some nice innings for me in 2014). The first trade really got my some value picks in the future, most of those guys were got in much lower rounds (8-11th rounds) so I'm getting value back for what they cost. Plus good relievers are useless for me in 2013 if I have no shot at the playoffs.

Some other trades I made after the 1st half proved we wouldn't make the playoffs.

Traded Mike Carp for a 2013 8th (not really much, but he wasn't going to help in 2013 anyway).
Traded Dan Haren, Peter Bourjos, SC 2014 4th for Ruben Tejada (EOY), Bud Norris, 2014 7th.

Tejada will primarily play SS next year since he's better offensively than J.J. Hardy, but Hardy will be getting a fair share of at-bats as well... Too bad Tejada didn't play any 2B.

As it stands Ackley, Hosmer, Morrison, Moustakas, Ramos, Reddick, Tejada, Kershaw, McCarthy, Morrow, and Sanchez are my key players for the future, everyone else is trade-able in the right situation since not many of them will provide much going forward. 2012 was a step forward but 2013 is a step back, not as bad as 2011, but I'm predicting I'll probably get the #1 next year...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #58
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

DanGarion-

Love reading this thread, partly because I'm so jealous. I haven't picked up a Strat-o-matic set in a long time and it's because I don't have a group that could run a league. This sounds like a lot of fun and a great group you're with!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #59
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
DanGarion-

Love reading this thread, partly because I'm so jealous. I haven't picked up a Strat-o-matic set in a long time and it's because I don't have a group that could run a league. This sounds like a lot of fun and a great group you're with!
Thank you. My plan going forward is to write more about it instead of just posting numbers all the time. But the next post will be stats since the season is about to come to an end.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #60
DanGarion
Coordinator

They released the defensive range preview today.

2012 Baseball Range Ratings Preview | the Strat-O-Matic Game Co.

Happy to see that I have three 1s that will probably be playing out in the field all season next year. JJ Hardy at SS, Mike Moustakas at 3B, and Josh Reddick at RF.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #61
DanGarion
Coordinator

SoCal Trojans trade Clayton Kershaw..

Garyville trades DM 2013 1st rounder (1.9), BAS 2014 1st rounder (Most likely 1.3 or higher), Michael Pineda (EOY), Joakim Soria (EOY) to Southern California for Clayton Kershaw (EOY).

Death Valley trades Rick Porcello (EOY) to Southern California for Matt Joyce, SC 2013 6th rounder. We will see how this one turns out eventually.

I have the follow 1st rounders in the upcoming 2013 draft on March 6th.

Looking forward to getting some good future with them.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #62
DanGarion
Coordinator

My plan at the moment is to pick the following players.

In a perfect world I get...

Parker/Darvish/Moore (with my #6)
Simmons with #8
Rosario with #9
Harvey at #12

But that doesn't mean you will get the same answer from me next week.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #63
DanGarion
Coordinator

Made a couple more trades.

Del Mar trades DM 2015 1st rounder to Southern California for DV 2013 2nd rounder, JAM 2013 5th rounder.

And

Death Valley trades FRY 2014 1st rounder, DV 2015 1st rounder, FRY 2015 1st rounder to Southern California for SC 2013 2nd rounder, SC 2013 3rd rounder, GP 2013 4th rounder, SC 2013 5th rounder, GP 2013 6th rounder and DV 2013 8th.

So now I have 4 1sts in the upcoming draft (just a couple weeks away) and I have 3 1sts each in the following drafts.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #64
DanGarion
Coordinator

It is now looking like I will get Machado at #6, so then I will have my choice of 2 of the following pitchers (Parker, Darvish, Moore, Harvey) at 8 and 9 and then Rosario at 12.

Last edited by DanGarion : 02-19-2013 at 11:52 AM.