Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

TEW 13 - Georgia on my mind (GCW)

Jim Barnett had seen enough, Ole Anderson, while being a miserable prick, was a crappy booker. The roster of Georgia Championship Wrestling was bloated, hell heavy and the company lacked vision. To the east a new force had emerged and he had already made enemies with the establishment by holding shows in others territories and insinuating that he would entertain no working agreements regarding talent.

It was time for some young blood to give GCW a vision and to ward off the threat that was Vince McMahon Jr. Enter Anthony Lee, who despite his age, knew the business and knew where it was going.

My first order of business is trimming and reorganizing a roster that boasts 5 of 7 main event guys as heels, including Karl Kox, who has no future here. The ratio on the upper mid card guys is also 5-2 heel/face. Changes are needed and I go to work.

Released
Karl Kox
Les Thornton
David Sammartino
Big Red
Joe Lightfoot

Will also remove Gene Anderson form upper midcard event guy and make him an occasional wrestler.

Face turns set
Road Warriors
Ronnie Garvin

Now I need to hire main 1 event face and 2 upper midcard faces to balance things out, which probably won’t be done by our first show. As I am conducting my search, Barnett gives me his goals

Critical importance
GCW must have at le3ast as much popularity in America as it did when the goal was set – 2 years

The financial balance of GCW must be at least $750,000 – 2 years, 8 months

High importance
The Spoiler must have reached B momentum – 1 year, 6 months

Masked Superstar must have reached B momentum – 2 years

Super Destroyer must have reached B momentum – 1 year, 6 months (What the hell is it with Barnett and men in masks???)

Average importance
Can’t hire any cruiserweights – 1 year

Can’t hire any Luchadors – 1 year (So Barnett loves big men in masks and hates little guys in masks…………hmmmmm)

GCW is my favorite promotion of all time and the one that got me into wrestling when I was in Augusta, while in the army in '80 - '81. Monday nights at the old Bell Auditorium were always a good time!!

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

TV – World Championship Wrestling on TBS
Saturday Week 1, January 1983
WTBS Studios – Atlanta, GA
Attendance 1,000 (sell out)

Backstage

I am informed that the Assassin has taken Tim Horner under his wing as a protégé

Pre-Show

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Pez Whatley defeated Mike Starbuck in 7:11 by pinfall with The Flying Willie. (E)

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Wrestling I and Wrestling II vs. Road Warriors for the National Tag Straps. (D+)
They also mention the Georgia TV title will be up for grabs between Super Destroyer take on Bob Armstrong. (D+)

Main Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Valiant defeated Adrian Street in 9:11 by pinfall with a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (D+)

A music video is shown to promote the group of Larry Zbyszko, Buzz Sawyer, Assassin #1 and Assassin #2 who form JJ Dillon’s stable, known as ‘The Syndicate’. (C)
James J. Dillon comes to the ring, calls out Ron Garvin and gives him the chance to join The Syndicate. (C)
Garvin announces that he is a “lone Wolf”, and he will not be joining The Syndicate. Dillon looks angry and spits in Garvin’s face. (C)
Garvin reaches for JJ, but Dillon takes off, heading out through the crowd. Garvin gives chase, and they go backstage. Once Garvin reaches the backstage area, he is jumped by Buzz Sawyer and Larry Zbyszko, who had been waiting in ambush. Garvin gets beaten to a pulp and left laying Sawyer, Zbyszko and Dillon walk off laughing. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Paul Orndorff defeated Jake Roberts in 8:02 by disqualification, when Jake used a pair of brass knuckles. (C-)
(These two have great chemistry together)

Tommy Rich cuts a backstage promo. “I wanna say to my fans thanks, cause y’all really get me going when I rassle and I’m going after the vacant National Heavyweight title for all y’all!” (B)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ole Anderson defeated Tim Horner in 6:47 by submission with a Standing armbar. (D-)
After the match Ole grabs a microphone, and proceeds to mock Tommy Rich. “Rich, you are a steaming pile of crap with the vocabulary of a lobotomized Donkey, which pretty much sums up all you hayseeds that cheer for him. Boy, you want the National Heavyweight title, well son….that road leads through Andersonville!” (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Super Destroyer defeated Bob Armstrong in 14:26 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Super Destroyer wins the Georgia Television title. (D)

Paul Ellering had an interview hyping his team of Road Warriors taking on Wrestling I and Wrestling II next for the National Tag Team Titles. “You can hide behind a mask, but you can’t hide from the pain you’re both going to feel next!” (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Wrestling I and Wrestling II defeated Road Warriors in 16:26 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Road Warrior Hawk by pinfall with a fast roll up. Wrestling I and Wrestling II win the NWA National Tag Team titles. (D)

Overall rating: C- (The show increased our popularity in 9 regions and we lost popularity in 2.)
TV Rating: 1.27

Thoughts: Basically I suck as a road agent (my recommended position) so I will be assigning Gene Anderson to that position immediately and becoming an authority figure. Every match indicated it suffered because it was not put together well, blaming me. I am lucky we pull a C- overall, thanks mainly to some good angles/promos and Gordon Solie doing the announcing. Paul Ellering is annoyed as his new gimmick (Loose Cannon) was not received well. Sorry Paulie, run with it!!

Waiting for a couple of decisions on offers, then I will post my final roster
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Roster

Here is my final roster after securing the jewell of potential employees Bob Backlund.....To written contract! This is a big signing and will undoubtedly piss off Vince, since he was their Champion. He will be reporting in 7 days, so they have time to get the strap off of him. This pre-emptive strike means all out war with the WWF though.

Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster
Main Event - Faces Heels
Tommy Rich Stan Hansen
Bob Backlund (New signing) Larry Zybyszko
Tito Santana Masked Superstar
Ole Anderson
Upper Midcarders - Faces Heels
Mr. Wrestling II Assassin 1
Steve Keirn (New signing) Ron Garvin
Mr. Wrestling Super Destroyer
Paul Orndorf Buzz Sawyer
Midcarders - Faces Heels
Jimmy Valiant (New signing) Pez Whatley
Bob Armstrong Bob Roop
Brad Armstrong Assassin 2
Brett Sawyer The Spoiler
Lower Midcarders - Faces Heels
Thunderbolt Patterson The Roadwarriors
Openers - Faces Adrian Street (New signing)
Johnny Rich Tom Pritchard
Rick McGraw Jesse Barr
Mike Starbuck Jake Roberts
Tim Horner Managers
Annoucers JJ Dillon
Gordon Solie and Freddie Miller Paul Ellering
Old 02-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
wahoomac
Mascot

What is the name of the mod you are using here? I just purchased TEW13 and am playing a 1994 mod (booking for WCW), but didn't see a 1983 mod. I'll be following along.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomac View Post
What is the name of the mod you are using here? I just purchased TEW13 and am playing a 1994 mod (booking for WCW), but didn't see a 1983 mod. I'll be following along.

Thanks for following. The mod is The War to settle the score. It is a remade version of DOTT, still in beta, but I tested it and it seems pretty stable.

TEW 13 Real World Data – January 1983 | EWWAREHOUSE.INFO
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
dfisher
High School JV

Whoo! Following along. It's odd, I try to read some dynasties on the TEW site, but they all pale in comparison to the FOFC ones. I think it is partly because they never give any grades or any hints to their thought process as the booker. I never know if they are successful or not.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – World Championship Wrestling on Tour
Wednesday Week 2, January 1983
Chattanooga, TN
Attendance 10,000 (sell out)

Backstage
No issues good or bad before the show

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Johnny Rich in 9:44 by pinfall. (D+) Jake Roberts cuts a promo after his win. “The most dangerous creature in the world is the snake. Out of sight, out of mind………Then the strike and it is too late…..Which you will soon see.” (D-)

Main Show

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Steve Keirn defeated Bob Roop in 10:13 by pinfall. (C-) Keirn debuts his Fabulous One gimmick and it gets a D+

Buzz Sawyer and Jake Roberts are backstage, discussing something in hushed tones, though the name Ron Garvin can be heard. They shakes hands and Roberts skulks away with a sneer on his face. (D)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Armstrong defeated Tom Prichard in 8:37 by pinfall with a Georgia Jaw Breaker. (D+)

The announcers put over the fact that Tito Santana takes on Ole Anderson. (D+) and that we will also have Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich (B) in elimination matches for the opportunity to wrestle for the National Heavyweight Title.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer defeated Brett Sawyer in 7:49 by pinfall with a Diving Splash after James J. Dillon interfered. (D) Dillon and Mad Dog are not clicking.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Larry Zbyszko defeated Brad Armstrong in 11:59 by stoppage when Brad Armstrong was injured and could not continue after Zbyszko wraps his knee around the ringpost several times. (C-)

Buzz Sawyer returns to the ring, and calls out Ron Garvin to face him, still angered that Garvin spurned ‘The Syndicate’. As soon as Garvin appears he gets jumped by Jake Roberts, who comes out of the crowd and is knocked cold with a chair shot. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Assassins defeated Paul Orndorff and Jimmy Valiant in 14:25 when Assassin #1 defeated Jimmy Valiant by pinfall with a fast roll up after Valiant got distracted playing to the crowd. (C) Orndorff and Valiant argue going back to the locker room over who was to blame for the loss, with Orndorff walking off furious. (C+)

The Assassins stay in the ring and challenge Wrestling I and Wrestling II to a match for National Titles. “Intellectually and physically we are superior” bellows Assassin 1 “and the proof will be when the straps reside around the waists of the greatest team in Georgia!” (C+) Wrestling I and Wrestling II come out, with Paul Ellering hot on their heels. “Wait just minute here. We have unsettled business with Wrestling I and II and before anybody gets a shot, we demand a rematch, which is specified in our contract…….So you tell me Assassin, where is the intellect now?” Wrestling I and II consult and accept the Ellering’s challenge leaving The Assassin’s beside themselves in rage. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ole Anderson defeated Tito Santana in 13:43 by pinfall after a distraction from Stan Hansen allows Anderson to hit a neckbreaker. (C+) Anderson and Santana have good chemistry. As Anderson and Hansen leave Santana grabs a mic “Hansen, you have made a mistake mi amigo…nobody sticks their nose in my business and just walks away………..ARIBBA!!! (D)

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Tommy Rich defeated Stan Hansen in 18:02 by pinfall with a Piledriver. The finish saw Tito Santana take over as referee after the Scrappy McGowen was knocked out and hit the fast count before Anderson could arrive to break it up. The bell rings and Rich is given the win. (B-) Chaos ensues as Anderson & Hansen attack Rich and Santana and they brawl all the way to the back as the crowd showers the bad guys in debris. (C+)

Overall rating: B- (This show lost us popularity in one region….Really, a solid B- and we lose fans?

TV Rating: N/A

Thoughts: Oh what a difference a good road agent makes, thank you Gene Anderson. Rich and Hansen really carried the show and the storyline between them and Anderson and Santana are going to carry us for the first few months as we build guys on the undercard and incorporate new signings like Backlund, who should make an appearance on the TV show Saturday. I have big plans for him and a wrestler who I think will be the perfect foil. Dillon has been a little disappointing. He does good work at ringside, but does not work well with either Buzz Sawyer or Assassin 1, who are half of his damn stable. I will have to monitor this, but I don’t want to change things so early.

I compliment Rich and Hansen in my post show speech and encourage Buzz Sawyer. They are all pleased. Masked Superstar is annoyed he was left off the tour show and I need to remedy that. He is a valuable hand and I need to find a use for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
Whoo! Following along. It's odd, I try to read some dynasties on the TEW site, but they all pale in comparison to the FOFC ones. I think it is partly because they never give any grades or any hints to their thought process as the booker. I never know if they are successful or not.

Thanks dfisher, will be fun to compare our results. The Greydog dynasties are so much more roleplaying, which is cool, but I can't maintain interest for a long time as it starts to become work. The way the game is now, you can pretty much copy and paste and edit/add here and there. This is much quicker and more fun for me for sure
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 2, January 1983
Atlanta, GA

Backstage
My buddy Buzz Sawyer gets busted for steroids and I fine him. He grunts and storms out. He needs to watch his step, he is a horrible backstage presence and I have options to replace him.

Pre-Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Adrian Street, Bob Roop and Thunderbolt Patterson in 15:19; the order of elimination was Adrian Street first, then Bob Roop, and finally Thunderbolt Patterson. (C)
Afterwards Steve Keirn celebrates in the ring. (D+)

Main Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Larry Zbyszko defeated Tim Horner in 8:15 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (D+) Note indicated the match was too long. After the bell Sawyer joins Zbyszko in the ring and they continue to pummel Horner. Seeing the assault, Ron Garvin comes running in and fights them both off screaming at them as they retreat. (D-) Jim Barnett joins Garvin in the ring and announces that to punish Sawyer for his recent actions, he will be facing Garvin in a match tonight in the main event. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ole Anderson defeated Johnny Rich in 6:57 by pinfall with a Diving Knee Drop. (C-) After the squash Ole Anderson grabs the stick and tears into Tommy Rich. “Boy, I told you the road to the National Title runs through Andersonville, only for you that road is dead end and I am going to give you the same whipping your cousin just took! Speak to your fans, speak of your dreams, hell speak of the Devil, but when you speak of an Anderson, you better speak with reverence!” (B)

Paul Ellering is walking from the catering table backstage, when suddenly The Assassins attack him and slam him to the cement floor. (C) Road Warrior Hawk comes out of the dressing room and The Assassins jump him, braining him with a ladder. Animal hears the commotion and comes running out swinging a chair and drives them both off as he partner and manager lay prone on the floor. (D+) Ellering and Animals turns are completed and both are a success.

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Masked Superstar and The Spoiler defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 11:01 when Masked Superstar defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C) Superstar and Spoiler have great chemistry as a team.

A video plays hyping Super Destroyer vs. Jimmy Valiant for the Georgia TV Title. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Super Destroyer defeated Jimmy Valiant in 10:01 by pinfall with a Bicycle kick after Orndorff turns on Valiant and attacks him. Super Destroyer makes defense number 1 of his Georgia Television title. (D-) As Jimmy Valiant is being helped back down the aisle by medics, Paul Orndorff stands in the ring taunting him and spitting at him. Valiant tries to turn and go back and fight, but the officials restrain him. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer drew with Ron Garvin in 15:44 following a double count out. (C-) Garvin and Sawyer have great chemistry, but Garvin was off his game tonight.

Overall rating: C (This show increased our popularity in 9 regions and we lost popularity in 2)

TV Rating: 1.39 (up .12 from last week!)

Thoughts: Tim Horner was used too much, which I don’t get, but who am I? I do like the way the build up to Rich / Anderson at Winter Wars at the end of the month is going. They are consistently pulling our best ratings and things are really going to get hot next Saturday with Backlund done with his WWF contract and another surprise. Right now I am carrying 3-4 more workers than I would like, but I am anticipating losing some as the weeks go on, either by them jumping companies or wearing my patience out (Sawyer)

I need to think about replacing Sawyer Dillon’s Syndicate as well, since they do not gel. I have an idea and luckily it is right up Sawyers alley.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 3, January 1983
Plymouth, MI
Attendance 6,942

Backstage
We do a TV taping in Michigan, since we are popular here and have not been to the Great Lakes area yet. Before the show Ole Anderson antagonizes a new signing who is by to visit. I read Ole the riot act and he replies “OK, whatever you say.” I know damn well the prick didn’t mean it, next time is a fine.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Road Warriors defeated Bob Roop and Tom Prichard in 7:57 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Tom Prichard by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (D+) (Roop and Prichard are not a good pairing.) The Road Warriors celebrate in the ring, as the Assassins sneak up from behind, Assassin #1 pulls a ladder out from under the ring and they use it to batter the Road Warriors, ending the assault by setting it up and posing on it, above the downed bodies of Animal and Hawk. (E+) (Glad this was on the pre-show – Hawk finally completes his face turn and it went badly.)

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Rick McGraw in 6:53 by submission after blatantly cheating with anything he could get his hands on. (D-)

Buzz Sawyer is shown backstage having a conversation without someone off screen. As the camera pans back, it is revealed that he is actually talking to himself, apparently hearing voices and muttering. “Garvin bad, crush grapes…..wine” (D-) Sawyer then sprints off deliriously and finds Ron Garvin backstage, attacking him from behind and stomping him bloody before running off laughing. Gordon Solie can only mutter a shocked “oh my goodness” (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Armstrong defeated Pez Whatley in 10:23 by disqualification, when Whatley refused to release a choke hold. (E+) (Ugh….second clunker of the show)

James J. Dillon comes over to Buzz Sawyer backstage, approaching cautiously. He says that he thinks that the recent actions of Sawyer have crossed the line. “Buzz, listen, maybe you need to be on your own for a while and get this thing with Garvin out of your system. We have certain goals for the syndicate and you can’t help us when you are so obsessed. You understand right?” Sawyer smiles as a small bit of drool runs down his chin. Dillon pats him on the back and makes haste. (D+) (Sawyer has been released from Dillon’s stable, gently of course)

Tommy Rich is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Ole Anderson comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Rich does not look happy about it, and the two exchange words before the bell, as Ole takes out a notebook. (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Tommy Rich defeated Jesse Barr in 8:25 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. Ole stands up as the match ends, gives Rich a throat cutting gesture and leaves. (C-) (Rich looked real good in the ring)

Paul Orndorff cuts an interview about his issues with Jimmy Valiant. “Let me tell you something, I take my sport seriously and to have this half crazy hippy dancing and acting like some ignorant fool is a slap in my face, which is why he got slapped!". (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Larry Zbyszko defeated Thunderbolt Patterson in 10:39 by submission with a Larry Land Dreamer after interference from James J. Dillon. (C)

As Zbyszko continues to play to the crowd, but is interrupted by Jim Barnett who comes out and announces his major new signing, Bob Backlund. “Georgia Championship wrestling is truly blessed to have one of the sports living legends under contract and I predict great things for this man.” (D+) (Backlund’s All-American gimmick gets a C+) As Bob Backlund is being interviewed. Larry Zbyszko walks down to the podium and takes the microphone. “How dare you interrupt my time to introduce this, this no talent Howdy Doody look alike? Legend? You want a legend Barnett look at me not him!! Ask him about Bruno and what happened to that legend!” Zbyszko grabs a glass of water from the podium and throws it in Backlund’s face. Security has to hold Bob back as Larry slaps at him from a distance with a smirk on his face. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tito Santana defeated Stan Hansen in 16:52 when Stan Hansen was counted out. Tommy Rich lured Hanson out of the ring as they brawled on the floor, the referee hit 10, costing Stan the match. (C)

Overall rating: C (The usual, increase in 9 regions, decrease in 2)

TV Rating: 1.38 (down just .01 from last week)

Thoughts: Was hoping for a better pop with the debut of Backlund, though I am sure a Backlund / Zbyszko feud will draw good numbers. Sawyer is out of the syndicate as it was not a good fit and his eccentric behavior is a readymade reason to replace him with a more stable sort, who will be revealed on next Saturday’s show. Pez Whatley tests positive for hard drugs and I am notified after the show. Since he has contributed just one horrible match so far I decide to fire him and make an example. Whatley tells me “screw you, this is complete BS” I point him to the exit and elevate Jake Roberts to his spot as a midcarder.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 4, January 1983
Charleston, SC

Backstage

Dumb ass Ole Anderson gets into a verbal altercation with a fan outside the arena and has to be restrained. I give him a stern warning and he doesn’t get why I am making a big deal out of it. My locker room morale is hovering at 60% right now with all the negative personalities we have.

This will be our second straight TV taping outside of our home area as I want to get some exposure for future tour events.

Pre-Show

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brett Sawyer defeated Adrian Street in 12:29 by disqualification. (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bob & Brad Armstrong defeated Jesse Barr and Tom Prichard in 9:54 when Bob Armstrong defeated Jesse Barr by pinfall with a Georgia Jaw Breaker. (D-)

The main show will be chocked with angles in preparation for tomorrows Winter Wars event, so we get some underneath guys some dark match experience.

Main Show

James J. Dillon comes out and introduces his new client. “In light of the unfortunate and heinous actions committed by one Ronnie Garvin against Buzz Sawyer, a man who was once a beacon of sanity and reason. Now destroyed and forced to step away from the syndicate in order to take care of himself. Buzz Sawyers spot at the table will be taken by The Masked Superstar.” Masked Superstar comes out, and they exchange pleasantries with the crowd. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Bob Roop in 9:07 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. (D+) Larry Zbyszko runs to the podium as Backlund leaves, grabs Solie’s microphone and proceeds to taunt him. “Backlund, a chicken wing for a chicken hearted coward!! Just remember punk, everywhere you go and get worshipped as a so called legend, that the legend killer is watching!” Larry then exits stage left as Backlund starts towards him. (B-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Masked Superstar defeated Thunderbolt Patterson in 9:40 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (C) (Thankfully no chemistry issue with Masked Superstar and Dillon)

Ron Garvin finds Buzz Sawyer backstage rambling in the corner and ambushes him, pounding Sawyer and getting revenge for last week’s attack as security struggles to pull them apart. (D) (Garvin completes his face turn and it is a complete success)

Roddy Piper is shown sitting in the crowd watching the happenings backstage on a monitor with a smile on his face. (B)

Sawyer breaks away from security and sprints to the ring and in an extremely short match, Buzz Sawyer defeated Mike Starbuck in 3:38 by pinfall with a Diving Splash. (E+) Before Sawyer can continue to beat Starbuck, Jim Barnett comes to the ring. He says that he is booking Sawyer to face Ron Garvin in a singles match tomorrow at Winter Wars. “to resolve your issues, and you Mr. Sawyer will behave until then or face the unemployment line.” (D-)

Clips are shown of Road Warrior Hawk in a Hospital, where he is recovering from a neck injury inflicted by the Assassins last week. (E-) Assassin #1 appears, and says that he wants to apologize to Road Warrior Hawk. “I am deeply saddened to hear that this unfortunate accident will cost you a shot at the National Tag Team straps tomorrow. My get well card is in transit, but in the meantime, Assassin 2 and myself would be more than happy to save the show tomorrow and step in as a replacement team to face Wrestling I and II. Animal appears and pulls Assassin 1 into the ring, yelling he will never make it until tomorrow and we have a match(C+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Assassin #1 defeated Road Warrior Animal in 11:45 by submission with an Assassin Lock after interference from Assassin #2. With Assassin 1 emerging unscathed, we have a new match up for the National Tag straps tomorrow (D+)

Jimmy Valiant comes out and pleads for Paul Orndorff to join him. “Brother, the Boogie Woogie man needs to heal, needs to know. You were my soul brother man and what you did to me was not groovy.” Orndorff walks out, stares at Valiant and shakes his head, looking almost apologetic. (C-) Valiant reaches out for Orndorff’s hand….Orndorff takes it and kicks Valiant in the groin. He elevates him and drives him through a table outside of the ring. Orndorff stands above Valiant’s prostate form and wipes the sweat from his brow, slinging it at the Boogie Woogie man. (C-) (Orndorff has completed his heel turn and it is a complete success)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Steve Keirn defeated Super Destroyer in 12:01 by pinfall with a fast roll up. Steve Keirn wins the Georgia Television title. (D-) (Super D was tiring at the end)

Ole Anderson has an interview with Gordon Solie hyping his tomorrows title match with Tommy Rich. “Gordon, you and I both know that wrestling is a man’s sport and Rich is a little boy in a man’s world. And tomorrow at Winter Wars I am going to kick his butt, fold him into a ball and kick his sorry ass into traffic!!” Solie apologizes for the language as we sign off (C)

Overall rating: C- (Again, increase in 9 regions, decrease in 2 and a not so snappy C- heading into our first major even of the year)

TV Rating: 1.24 (down .14 from last week, not good at all)

Thoughts: Not what I wanted heading into our big event of the month and to top it off Ole has a major case of the ass with me for the way I handled his incidents the last two weeks. I know I can count on Rich tomorrow, but I wonder how strong a performance I will get from Ole since he is so bent out of shape. The one big bright spot was the genuine excitement Piper’s appearance created and I have a couple of routes to go with him now and the way I am leaning could lead to a long, profitable run if done right. Orndorff, while liking the Heel turn is pissed about the Arrogant Heel gimmick he will now be employing. This friggin roster is like day care!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – GCW Winter Wars
Sunday Week 4, January 1983
Columbus, GA

Backstage

Life is peaceful backstage before our first big event of the year, though locker room morale is now at 54%

Pre-Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Valiant defeated Adrian Street in 9:26 by pinfall with a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (D+) Paul Orndorff has a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Jimmy Valiant as he heads to the back “Keep dancing boy, you and all these drunken morons that cheer you. I’m gonna send you back to the tie dye holler with…..” Orndorff stops and beats a hasty retreat as Valiant comes after him. (C+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Super Destroyer defeated Johnny Rich in 7:04 by pinfall with a Superplex. (E+) (brutal)

Main Show

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Masked Superstar defeated Bob Armstrong in 10:37 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline after James J. Dillon interfered. (C)

Ron Garvin is shown backstage, where officials have just found him bloody and battered, the apparent victim of a sneak attack. He is stunned but conscious, but doesn't know who attacked him. A broken board lies nearby. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Thunderbolt Patterson in 8:18 by pinfall. (D+)

Jim Barnett is backstage, with both Stan Hansen and Tito Santana trying to talk him into giving them a title shot at the winner of the Rich / Anderson match. “I’ve heard enough, you both can't have a title shot, so you'll face each other in a singles match, winner gets first shot.” (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Backlund defeated The Spoiler in 12:19 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. (C) As Backlund is heading back down the aisle after his match he gets attacked by Larry Zbyszko, who comes out of nowhere. Zbyszko powerbombs Backlund right off the stage, through a table and onto a bunch of equipment. Backlund ends up getting stretchered out with a neck brace on. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer drew with Ron Garvin in 15:44 following a double count out. (C) (Great chemistry again) as security tries to pull Sawyer and Garvin apart Roddy Piper hops the rail and slides into the ring, grabbing a microphone. “Now, now gentlemen….You knooow, I’ve been watching you two squabble like a pair of love struck girls fighting over Rick Springfield’s dirty underwear. Now come on up here into the ring and lets work this out….come on now, come to Uncle Hot Rod.” Garvin and Sawyer enter the ring and face Piper. “Now like I was saying, you hit each other with chairs, bricks, the kitchen sink, sometimes with dishes still in it…..And tonight Garvin, you get a 2x4 busted over your head…..oh, I guess you’re wondering how I knew that aren’t now Ronnie boy? Wellllllll, it was me.” (B) before he can react Sawyer and Piper attack Garvin, laying the boots to him and leaving him semi-conscious in the ring. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Tito Santana defeated Stan Hansen in 14:06 by pinfall with a surprise roll up after Hansen turned to bully referee Scrappy McGowan for what he thought was a slow count. (C) Happy with the victory, Tito Santana goes out into the crowd to celebrate with the fans as Hansen seethes. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Wrestling I and Wrestling II defeated The Assassins in 16:22 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Assassin #2 by pinfall with a Knee Lift after a distraction from Road Warrior Animal. Wrestling I and Wrestling II make defense number 1 of their NWA National Tag Team titles. (C-) (Wrestling I was tiring by match end, Assassin 1 stood out)

A video plays hyping the Ole Anderson vs. Tommy Rich match for the vacant National Heavyweight title. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Ole Anderson defeated Tommy Rich in 21:29 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Ole Anderson wins the NWA National Heavyweight title. (C) (Rich takes a crazy bump getting on the concrete at ringside during the match)

Overall rating: C (We lose popularity in our home region with a very average meeting. Not sure how the main event scored a C with great action and great heat?)

Thoughts: In my post show speech I encourage Ole (trying some revere psychology) compliment Piper and point out Assassin 1 as a good example. They all respond well. Rich suffers a minor wrist injury from his crazy bump, but will work through it. Really disappointed with this rating, I thought I had it set up nicely and everything booked fairly solid. Plus, the angles are getting decent marks so it is possible the matches aren’t coming together as they should. I am going to look for an upgrade at road agent and move Gene Anderson back to an occasional wrestler. I am not getting bad comments on him, no mention at all in fact, but it may be worth a look.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Monthly Summary February 1983

Georgia Championship Wrestling - Founded 1972
Owner Jim Barnett Income $1,181,467.00
Approval Rating Excellent Expenses $926,955.00
Size Cult Month profit/loss $254,516.00
Ranking 7th Balance $754,516.00
Prestige C+ Backstage 53%
Momentum C Jan TV ratings 1.24,1.38,1.39,1.27

Despite our less than stellar show ratings we made a nice chunk of change in January. I am going to start offering key workers written deals now (we currently have 4, Rich, Backlund, Keirn and Zbyszko)

As indicated I will be looking for a new road agent and moving Gene Anderson back to occasional wrestler.

Current Storylines:

Boogie Woogies Badlands (Orndorff and Valiant ) C+
Dog in a cage (Buzz and Brett Sawyer, Piper, Garvin and Santana) C-
Loathing the Legend (Backlund, Zbyszko, Masked Superstar, Keirn) D+
The Bermuda Triangle (The Assassins, Wrestling I and II, Road Warriors) C-
The Last Battle for Atlanta (Tommy and Johny Rich, Ole Anderson, Hansen, Santana) C

Top Workers by momentum:

Tito Santana - A+
Roddy Pipeer - A
Paul Ellering - A
Gordon Solie - B+
Ole Anderson - B
Bob Backlund - B
Larry Zbyszko - B
Ron Garvin - B
Paul Orndorff - B

Tommy Rich, Buzz Sawyer and Masked Superstar are B-

Happy financially, but our morale has fallen off the cliff in just a month and this could also be affecting our match ratings. I need to get some attitudes fixed or release some that can't be. The problem is some of our best workers are the worst, including Backlund, which is a surprise. I just need to keep the TV show as that is a key source of income and get out two main storylines (Loathing the Legend and Last Battle for Atlanta) hotter.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 1, February 1983
Philadelphia, PA
Attendance 1,553

Backstage

Nothing special, Tommy Rich is back to 100% from his wrist injury and Ole Anderson is still a prick. This is our first foray into Philly for a TV taping, or any show for that matter.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Adrian Street defeated Tim Horner in 9:21 by submission with a Sleeper Hold. (E+) (Match was too long given the participants)

As the show prepares to go on air Larry Zbyszko is shown arriving backstage on the monitor, tipping the valet with 500 dollars, causing Gordon Solie to exclaim. “Well, somebody is certainly full of themselves these days” (B-)

Main Show

The show starts with highlights of Ole Anderson vs. Tommy Rich at Winter Wars, as Rich will be in our opening match. (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Tommy Rich defeated The Spoiler in 8:54 by pinfall with a roll up. (D+) (Wanted a solid match to start the show and this did not deliver)

Larry Zbyszko says that he is going to introduce his new bodyguard to the world. “Bob Backlund, who is basically a self indulgent criminal in my eyes, has made his disdain for the true living legend very apparent. So to protect the future interests of this company, which means keeping me safe , I have hired the Masked Superstar as my bodyguard.” (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Road Warriors defeated Jesse Barr and Tom Prichard in 7:32 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Jesse Barr by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (E+) (Our matches are suffering, I need that new road agent)

The Assassins are called out by Paul Ellering, who challenges them to a tag team match, now that Hawk is ‘healthy’ again. Assassin 1 responds. “Ellering, you think a big bicep and some makeup can compensate for the lack of intellectual muscle those meatheads possess between the ears? They have already failed against us, so the answer is no. Now, once they get their High School diplomas, we may reconsider……If we aren’t retired by then.” (D)

In your basic squash match, Roddy Piper defeated Rick McGraw in 3:50 by submission with a Sleeperhold in his in ring debut. (D-)

Jimmy Valiant comes to the ring and challenges Paul Orndorff to a match. “You know…Paula, haha, the Boogie Woogie man is on fire and inspired…you lit this fuse Daddio, so I want you to face me tonight and we’ll burn this place down baby!” (E+) Orndorff comes out and says that he accepts the challenge, and will be happy to “knock the crumbs from last night’s dinner out of your beard Valiant.” (E+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Stan Hansen defeated Johnny Rich in 6:40 by pinfall with a Western Lariat. (D) (Stan Hansen was good in ring) after the match Stan Hansen cuts his celebrating short and proceeds to give Rich a good old shoe leather massage to drive home a point. (E+) This brings out Tommy Rich, who attacks Hansen. Tito Santana and Ole Anderson follow them and we soon have a wild brawl between all four men, with the chaos spilling out all around ringside. (D)

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Jake Roberts in 8:45 by pinfall. Steve Keirn makes defense number 1 of his Georgia Television title. (E+) Out of nowhere Keirn is being attacked by Masked Superstar and Zbyszko, who try and swipe the Television belt. Bob Backlund comes running in and fights them both off, saving Keirn from a serious beating. (C-) (Backlund was fantastic, Keirn dreadful)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Paul Orndorff defeated Jimmy Valiant in 16:10 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics, as he grabs Valiant’s tights and holds him down to steal the win. (D-)

Overall rating: D+ (9 regions gain popularity, 2 lose it again)

TV Rating: 1.22 (down from 1.24)

Thoughts: Totally get this as we are not that over in Philly, being that Vince is the man here. I was testing the waters for a GCW on tour show and I won’t be doing that, or another TV taping here anytime soon. This month’s GCW on tour show will be in Great Lakes, where we are still very popular and should be able to pull in 10,000 people. Not at all happy with our slide and I think I will hold the next 2-3 TV shows back home at TBS studios. All our storylines are D or D+ now thanks to this foray, except the Sawyer / Garvin storyline, which we did not run on this show. Lesson learned.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Event – World Championship Wrestling on Tour
Wednesday Week 2, February 1983
Madison, WI

Backstage

Our first big show in the Great Lakes area, which we are now more popular in than our home area. No incidents prior, need to have a good show. The big news is Buck Robley has signed on and will take over the road agent duties from Gene Anderson.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Bob Roop drew with Brad Armstrong in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D-) (These two are an awkward pairing)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Assassins defeated Tim Horner and Thunderbolt Patterson in 8:32 when Assassin #1 defeated Tim Horner by submission with an Assassin Lock after interference from James J. Dillon. (D) (Assassin 2 off his game)

Main Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Roddy Piper defeated Brett Sawyer in 8:19 by pinfall. (C-)

Tito Santana is backstage with Jim Barnett. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Ole Anderson for the National Heavyweight Title. “Mr. Barnett, I earned my chance and I hope you will make my match with Ole tonight for the title. I got my buddy Tommy Rich to watch my back and I am ready.” Barnett accepts the request and our main event will be for the belt. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Johnny Rich in 7:53 by submission. (E+) (Johnny is just horrible in the ring)

Larry Zbyszko has a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Bob Backlund. “Hey Howdy Doody! You don’t seem to be so brave now that I have Masked Superstar around to keep an eye on you. That’s why I am a legend and you are a redheaded stepchild!” (C+) Jim Barnett joins Zbyszko with some news. “You know Larry, the only one I see around here resorting to any type of tomfoolery is you, so tonight you can put your money where your mouth is as you will be facing Bob Backlund in a match.” (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Valiant defeated Paul Orndorff in 12:24 by disqualification. (D)

Tommy Rich is walking backstage towards Tito Santana’s dressing room when he is hit from behind by a masked man and dragged into a waiting car. The car speeds off. (C+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Wrestling I and Wrestling II defeated Super Destroyer and The Spoiler in 12:33 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Super Destroyer by pinfall with a Knee Lift. Wrestling I and Wrestling II make defense number 2 of their NWA National Tag Team titles. (D) (Super D not suited for matches called in the ring)

Ron Garvin is standing in the ring holding two Dog Collars attached by a chain. “Buzz Sawyer, people call you the ‘Mad Dog’. Well, where I come from we keep Mad Dogs on a leash, so tonight how about you and me in a Dog collar match!!” (C-) (the crowd pops for this)

Sawyer makes his way down and seems all too happy to oblige and we soon learn why. In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer defeated Ron Garvin in 13:44 by pinfall with a Diving Splash after Roddy Piper choked Garvin out with the Dog Collar chain. (D+)

Masked Superstar with Larry Zbyszko ring boasting about how Backlund will never beat Zbyszko with him on the job. The lights suddenly go out, and when they return Steve Keirn is standing in the ring holding a bat over a prone Masked Superstar. He gives Zbyszko a rude gesture and leaves through the audience, as Masked Superstar needs to be helped to the back as Backlund comes down the aisle for their match. (D+)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Larry Zbyszko in 17:53 by disqualification after a dazed Masked Superstar returned and tried to interfere, but accidentally hit the referee instead. (C) Bob Backlund is celebrating his DQ win, when Zbyszko jumps him from behind, beating him down with the help of Masked Superstar. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ole Anderson defeated Tito Santana in 20:43 by pinfall following interference from Stan Hansen. Ole Anderson makes defense number 1 of his NWA National Heavyweight title. (C) (Anderson and Santana have good chemistry)

Overall rating: C (Lost popularity in the Great Lakes region)

Thoughts: In my post show speech Backlund is praised, I use Assassin 1 as an example of the team player and I rip Johnny Rich for shoddy work. Being related to Tommy won’t keep you here if you don’t stop sucking. Despite the mediocre C rating for the show, I am fairly happy. We sold out and our final two matches were solid, though the crowd could have been into them more. Too early to tell if Robley made a difference in his first show as road agent, will take 2-3 more shows for that to play out. I like our singles feuds at the top, but I need to do something to boost the tag team division, though I don’t really want to expand the roster anymore right now.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 2, February 1983
Louisville, KY
Attendance 6,500 (sell out)

Backstage

Buzz Sawyer is up to his usual antics, getting into a heated argument with the Spoiler after he causes damage to his rental car. I tell Buzz this is his last chance and I will fire him if it happens again. He replies with a terse, “OK, whatever.”

We go to Kentucky for our weekly TV show and will be welcoming Gene Anderson back as a wrestler.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Gene Anderson drew with Thunderbolt Patterson in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D) (Decent scrap between the veterans)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Tito Santana defeated Jake Roberts in 7:50 by disqualification. (C-)

Before we go on air Solie puts over the fact that we'll be seeing Roddy Piper take on Ron Garvin in the main event. “Katie bar the door, this will be a real pier sixer!” (C+)

Main Show

In an extremely short match, The Spoiler defeated Mike Starbuck in 4:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

The Assassins have an interview with Solie in which Assassin 1 claims they are not worthy of being champions. “Wrestling I and II, you know that we are your physical and intellectual superiors, yet you continue to dodge us, escape with cheap wins and employ every other type of debauchery you can to retain your coveted belts. Well we want another shot at the National Belts and we want it to be subject to our parameters….and we are not moving until Barnett gets out here and grants our wishes!” (C-) Jim Barnett comes out and as he begins to speak Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy appear from out of the crowd, with Hayes grabbing the stick. “Now just hold on a doggoned minute here……And no, you have not seen a couple of ghosts. Barnett, you know we are regarded as the greatest team to ever hold the Georgia Tag Team Titles. We have traveled the world and brought Bad Street to the masses. Now we are here again and I think you know what we want……We kicked Wrestling I and II’s butts before and we deserve the shot to get done what these clowns can’t do. Win the titles and is we can’t do it, we will leave Georgia and never come back.” Barnett ponders the offers and grants the match to The Freebirds with a special stipulation. “You get your match Hayes and it will be a loser leave town match.” Hayes tries to backpedal on that stipulation, but it is too late. The Assassins are furious. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Valiant defeated Jesse Barr in 8:46 by pinfall with a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (D) Paul Orndorff is watching from the back and Valiant sees him and begins to taunt him about the outcome of their last match. “Paula baby, I beat you last Wednesday because you have to cheat to beat the boogie woogie man. Big girls don’t cry so wipe those eyes baby and kiss the boots of the man so fine and so devine….the boogie woogie man Jimmy V!” Orndorff charges the ring and the men brawl all the way to the back. (C-)

Masked Superstar comes to the ring and challenges Steve Keirn to a match. “Keirn, you want to interject yourself in my business and the business of my employer Larry Zbyszko? How about you let me interject my foot to a place where the sun doesn’t shine with the Georgia TV title at stake?” (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ole Anderson & Stan Hansen defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong in 9:56 when Ole Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall. (C-) Bob & Brad Armstrong are preparing to leave the ring, when Anderson & Hansen attack, not content to merely win they lay Bob Armstrong and Brad Armstrong out. Tommy Rich and Tito Santana come out from the back, hit the ring, and clean house, sending Ole and Stan scampering for cover. (C) (Hansen came off well and Rich stole the segment)

Steve Keirn appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Masked Superstar. “You want a piece of me? Well bring it on because I don’t run from any man, especially cowards like you and your boss who can’t even fight your own battles. In fact we can do this right now!” (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Masked Superstar defeated Steve Keirn in 11:47 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline after James J. Dillon distracted the referee and Larry Zbyszko interfered. Masked Superstar wins the Georgia Television title. (C-)

A video plays hyping our main event between Roddy Piper vs. Ron Garvin. (C+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Roddy Piper defeated Ron Garvin in 16:34 by submission after interference from Buzz Sawyer. (D+) (Garvin was off his game tonight)

Overall rating: C- (increased popularity in 9 regions, slipped again in 2)

TV Rating: 1.29 (a slight jump up from 1.22)

Thoughts: Well, thought we had a great show building until the main event completely blew. It is becoming apparent that I need to lose some of the negative personalities on this roster as there should be no other reason we can’t pull B matches out of the guys on top. D+ is just unacceptable for a main event, especially between wrestlers the caliber of Piper and Garvin. Masked Superstar was a bright spot and I feel he could make a nice run with the TV strap.