Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Tell ... and everybody else who is still riding along, I actually kind of feel you out there even without someone saying so, which is different than most of these I've done.

I had to modify the format a little as the size of the promotion grew, reducing the details on the undercard a little to make those more manageable. With the combined roster of CSA and the two child promotions now sitting around 250 workers, the end of the quarter is a bear to track. Everybody is spreadsheeted & I currently update their skills info as well as tighten up my notes on contract status & the like at the end of each quarter, I was grinding to a halt on playing just to fight through the paperwork. I'm also posting the results pretty close to real time, so what you guys see is pretty much where I am.

I'm getting increasingly nervous as I creep near the national/international threshold. That'll put the possibility of being fired back into play if I yo-yo my status between them too much, so I'm trying to keep a close watch on that in order to be able to avoid dropping under once I rise past it.

One other thing I will comment on OOC here is the steadily rising number of fights on my cards. On the one hand I really hate having upwards of 20 bouts per show with a dozen or more on the undercard, it just doesn't feel realistic to me at all. I'm swallowing that discomfort & justifying it somewhat by remembering the unrealistic limitations that the game puts on the player, such as having no control over the booking of fighters or cards in the child promotions that I ostensibly have financial control over. I can't guarantee fights for borderline guys there, nor can I dictate the matchups, I can only send them down & hope for the best. Also, having a PPV deal, I'm not allowed to just run a regular house show somewhere to get guys work, nor do I have any say so on who might be loaned out for work that I get to approve. So I justify the extreme size of some of the shows I do run as a way to make up for some of the control I'm not given. Right, wrong, neutral, that's how I'm approaching that, figured I might as well explain it a little bit to those folks kind enough to follow it.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #202
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

November 30, 2002

If that's indeed our final show of the year, I'll take it. Our 2nd best PPV buy rate ever, just a tick behind the previous show and it leads to a monthly profit of $628,929 as WEFF lost less than $5k and XCC lost less than $9k for the month.

A few contract renewals in the month: MW Tora "The Bull" Mizwar (9-4, 1-0) is renewed & is at XCC, HW "Longshore" Damien Jones (12-4, 1-1) is renewed as an exclusive which will take him away from where he's fought 5x in the past year & a half, and WW Dana Delaney (11-7, 0-1) who returns from a year long drug suspension and is assigned to XCC. We really struggled with the decision on Delaney & he'll be facing not only a very short leash but also he'll eventually be given an "opportunity" to face some top flight competition (aka I'm going to try to job his ass out).

Two fighters depart with contract expirations: WO Alicia Simmons (8-3, 0-1) who we didn't feel was ever going to develop to the point of being truly competitive here and LHW Bryan Van Den Hauwe (17-11, 2-1) who had lost two straight in XCC and we just didn't feel he was worth the cost of his Low National name value.

Naturally, given that we are who we are at this point & tend to do what we do, there are several new additions to the roster:
-- 36 y/o MW Ieyoshi Yamashita (28-17), a Hybrid fighter from Yokohoma, Japan. He's won his last two fights for Gamma & will likely wrap up his career here.
-- 31 y/o LW Bud "The Rocket" Brockett (26-5), a wrestler from Waterbury, Connecticut who is riding a 7 fight winning streak in Gamma and last lost back in January 2000 in a rematch against Aaron McBroom. Talented guy who become an immediate contender for Marco Bernacci's title.
-- 30 y/o WW "Dangerous" David Allen (21-4), a submission fighter from Gilbert, Arizona. One of the top contenders in his weight class, he's actually lost 2 of his last 3 in an extended stint with Gamma.
-- 25 y/o WO "Blinky" Phyllis Howard, a ground & pound fighter from Seattle, Washington. She's 6-0 as a pro against inferior competition, we'll start her in WEFF and see what happens.
-- 31 y/o WO Junko Yamada, a Muay Thai fighter from Tokyo. She's 9-1 lifetime with her only loss coming to Chiyo Yanagimoto almost two years ago in WEFF. She won her only previous CSA appearance (albeit in a bad looking fight) and we decided to give her another crack at it.
-- 27 y/o LW Drauzio "Predator" Simaan (10-4), a Muay Thai fighter from Brasilia, Brazil. He comes to us from Sigma on back to back wins.

Both XCC & WEFF have events scheduled in December and unless we have a sudden & dramatic change of heart about it, those will be the final events for us in 2002.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #203
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

December 12, 2002

Most events have been overshadowed by the recent news that HW James Foster (44-5-1), the reigning 2x GAMMA Heavyweight Champion, has left the promotion and joined ALPHA-1. Could a fight between the top two HW's in the world be forthcoming and how would Hassan Fezzik deal with the future Hall of Famer?

WEFF 47
741 attendance in Quebec

Main Event:
Temperance McCoy beat Roz Wareing by KO at 0:45 of Round 3 (Excellent)

Co-Main Event:
Toshie Nishina beat Simone King by submission at 2:56 of Round 3 (Excellent)

Hanako Shimizu beat Debra Everett by UD after three rounds (Average)
Nina Belle beat Vanessa Phillips by UD after three rounds (Decent)
Emi Nagano beat Ramona Stivic by submission at 2:16 of Round 1 (Fantastic)
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #204
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Li Kong Ho vs. Ziskie is a great fight also. Or Ho vs. Bohlin for the "greatest featherweight ever" moniker.

Nice to see Franklin succeeding!

FWIW I have two little games going, one where I started as GAMMA just to mess around, and one where I started as my own promotion (that I should start a dynasty with).

I've found in both that you pretty much have to have a greater number of matches on the card than you might in real life, otherwise it's impossible as a growing promotion to get your guys enough exposure to build their reputation to the point where you can use them effectively. it's an unfortunate limitation of that aspect of the game design. it'd almost be better in some sense to remove that part of it, or severely curtail it.

at least if you wanted realistic card sizes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

December 15, 2002

XCC: Hayashi vs Steven
Attendance 763 in California

Main Event:
LW Fumiaki Hayashi beat Bruce Steven by UD after three rounds (Average)

Co-Main Event:
LHW John Rivero beat Leandro Piquet by submission at 4:51 of Round 3 (Fantastic)

HW Renato beat Don Norman by TKO at 1:43 of Round 1 (Great)
MW Wes Hersch beat Nick Detroit by submission at 4:55 of Round 3 (Great)
WO Karen Curtis beat Olivia Sweet by submission at 3:33 of Round 1 (Fantastic)

Prelims:
LW Guillerme de Barros beat Anderson Desailly by UD after three rounds (Fantastic)
LHW Adrian Pascal beat Andranik Paletilolu by submission at 4:25 of Round 2 (Great)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

December 31, 2002

So the year closes with a financial loss of $236,904 as CSA took the month off to let fighters recover for a fresh start in the new year and various expenses took a big bite. Still, we've got just a tad over $6 million in the bank so it's not going to kill us if that happens once in a while.

2 fighters ended their runs with CSA in December: HW Chuck "The Laughing Man" Dooley (21-22, 0-4) leaves having served his purpose here and LHW Eric "Big D" Dartmouth (1-3, 0-3) leaves having accomplished virtually nothing.

We extended the expiring contracts of three fighters: LHW Terry Catt, WO Emi Nagano, and LW Bruce Steven, the latter in spite of an unbelievable 7 fight losing streak that includes 1 loss in CSA, 3 in XCC and 3 with his previous employer Gamma. Still, I'd swear he's got talent & has to eventually turn things around, but he clearly hasn't been the same since Luke Hilton knocked him out twice in consecutive fights.

With all that money we spent, you might suspect we must have hired some new fighters ... and you'd be right.

-- 31 y/o WO Suzanna "Rocky" Ramos (0-0), a rookie kickboxer from Bahia, Brazil. She'll being her pro career in WEFF.
-- 24 y/o FW Po-Han Yue (9-7), a shaolin karate practitioner from Batangas City, Phillipines. May turn out to be cannon fodder but we'll find out in XCC.
-- 20 y/o "The Dream" Harold Valentine (4-1), a wrestler from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. XCC will mark his major promotion debut later this year.
-- 31 y/o HW Duke "Nukem" Aiona (19-8), a kick boxer from Kailua, Hawaii. He's lost 3 straight in Alpha-1 but was 6-5 for them overall.
-- 30 y/o LHW "The Man of Steel" Ken Peters (15-3), a Pankration fighter from Markstay-Warren, Ontario. He'll come over from Gamma winning 2 of his last 3 fights and brings a ton of name value.
-- 34 y/o WW Yeijrio Yamamoto (23-7), a Muay Thai fighter from Nagoya, Japan. 3 straight wins in Gamma where he was 5-1 overall.
-- 32 y/o WO Shiho "Snake" Konno (2-0), a kick boxer from Nagoya, Japan. She'll start out for us in WEFF and could advance fairly quickly.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

January 1, 2003

2002 Year-End Awards from Blurcat.com

Fighter of the Year
Manuel Silva- GAMMA
Welterweight was 4-0 for 2002 with three KO's and one UD, culminating with his main event KO of Mikey Wallace in December to claim the GAMMA Welterweight Title for the first time.

Female Fighter of the Year
Mizuki "The She Wolf" Watanabe - CSA & XCC
She wrapped up a 3-0 year in November with a submission win over April Watson, giving her three straight first round wins. She also took down Karen Curtis & Temperance McCoy earlier in the year in XCC and WEFF respectively, giving her wins in three different promotions in a 9 month span.

Rookie of the Year
None
No rookie fighter was deemed to have had significant enough impact to warrant the award

Rise of the Year
"The Great Japanese Hope" Kanezane Fujii - CSA
2 fights, 2 wins, in a total of 5:24 of action. But it's been enough to create a good bit of hype around the newcomer.

Fall of the Year
"The All-American" Vanessa Phillips- WEFF
4 losses in the year extends her losing streak to five, all by unanimous decision. She's 1-7 in the last 24 months, certainly enough to cause a major drop in stock.

Promotion of the Year
GAMMA
Not sure how droppping from the #2 promotion in the world to the #3 promotion in the world makes you promotion of the year but ... whatever.

Team of the Year
Euro Team Thunder
Their 20 members accounts for 7 champions with 9 title reigns between them.
'Nuff said, and 'nuff for a second straight honor.

Show of the Year
GAMMA 74: Watson vs Patinkin (January 2001)
Junior Patinkin shocked Mike Watson to win the GAMMA LHW Title in the main event, just minutes after Buddy Garner beat Neil Napier with the Submission of the Year to win the GAMMA Middleweight Title.

Fight of the Year
Shuler Eigenberg vs Anderson Desailly (CSA March 2002)
A second round TKO in the second fight of the night impressed a lot of people apparently.

Worst Fight of the Year
Melvin Custard vs Nicky Shapiro(Independent Show May 2002)
Custard won a UD in a fight that could have set the sport back several years if anyone had actually watched it.

Knock Out of the Year
Niko Soldo vs Jin Katou (ALPHA-1 April 2002)
Only a decent fight but a big KO at 4:32 of the final round of the opening match of the night.

Submission of the Year
Buddy Garner vs Neil Napier (GAMMA Jan 2002)
A rear naked choke at 4:40 of Round 4 made Garner the GAMMA Middleweight Champion. Little did anyone realize at the time that it would be his last fight for the company before jumping ship to Alpha-1.

Main Event of the Year
Temperance McCoy vs Roz Wareing (WEFF December 2002)
A knockout in the first minute of the final round of a main event that drew 741 people. The internet does strange things to people I guess.

Upset of the Year
Elizabeth Fraser defeats Sayoko Ebisawa (WEFF April 2002)
The fight hasn't exactly done much for either participant. Fraser hasn't won since while Ebisawa retired immediately afterwards.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-13-2009 at 01:56 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Blurcat.com rankings as of January 1, 2003

Promotion Rankings (size, change since January 2002, top PFP fighter)
1. Alpha-1 (down to Low Level International, 0, [i]WW Darin Blood[i])
2. CSA (Up to High Level National, +1, FW Li-Kong Ho)
3. GAMMA (High Level National, -1, LW Sean Morrison)
4. XCC (High Level Regional, +2, LW Fumiaki Hayashi)
5. WEFF (High Level Regional, 0, BW Tiiu Kass)
6. SIGMA (down 2 to Mid Level Regional, -2, FW Tomohiro Takeuchi)
7. OMEGA (Mid Level Regional, 0, LHW Nicolai Mickiewicz)
8. TOP (down to Low Level Regional), 0, WW Gordon Idle
9. UCFF (Low Level Regional), 0, LHW Nicolai Mickiewicz
Out of Business
None

Pound for Pound (Male)
1(6) Darin Blood (19-3); Alpha-1 Welterweight Champion since Nov 2001 1-0 in 2002
2(1) Hassan Fezzik (35-0); Alpha-1 Heavyweight Champion since April 1996 2-0 in 2002
3(4) Luke Hilton (16-0); Alpha-1 Light Champion since August 2002 1-0 in 2002
4(8) Tadamasa Yamada (29-2); 2x Alpha-1 LHW Champion since December 2002 2-0 in 2002
5(x) Li-Kong Ho (24-0), CSA Featherweight Champion since May 2002 2-0 in 2002
6(x) Matthew Dean (41-6), Alpha-1 MW 3-0 in 2002
7(10) Sean Morrison (31-3); Gamma Lightweight Champion since June 1996 1-0 in 2002
8(x) James Foster (44-5-1); Alpha-1, was Gamma 4-0 in 2002
9(2) Mike Watson (17-1); former GAMMA LHW Champion; 1-1 in 2002
10(x) Mikey Wallace (14-1); former GAMMA WW Champion; 2-1 in 2002
Dropped Out
x(4) Kunimichi Kikuchi (39-6); Alpha-1; HW 0-1 in 2002
x(5) Kafu Bunya (18-1); Alpha-1, Welterweight 1-1 in 2002
x(7) Julio Regueiro (20-2-1); former 2x Gamma Welterweight Champion 1-1 in 2002
x(9) Alex Cole (19-1); former CSA Middleweight Champion 1-1 in 2002

Heavyweights
1(1) Hassan Fezzik (35-0); Alpha-1 Heavyweight Champion since April 1996
2(3) James Foster (44-5-1); Alpha-1, was Gamma Heavyweight Champion
3(2) Kunimichi Kikuchi (39-6) Alpha-1;
4(7) Gregor Boniek (42-6); Alpha-1
5(5) Rav Kapur (16-1); CSA
6(6) Lefter Oktay (20-1); CSA, was Sigma Heavyweight Champion
7(8) Stratos Papaioannou (31-6); CSA
8(4) Raul Hughes (19-4); Alpha-1, was Gamma
9(9) Ari Peltonen (29-10); CSA, was Alpha-1
10(x) Terron Cabal (17-3); Alpha-1
Dropped out
x(10) Armen Sarkisian (19-2); CSA

Light Heavyweights
1(2) Tadamasa Yamada (29-2); 2x Alpha-1 LHW Champion since Dec 2002
2(1) Mike Watson (17-1); former Gamma LHW Champion
3(4) Anthony LeToussier (21-3); Alpha-1
4(x) Hyun-Shik Lim (12-2); CSA; was Alpha-1 LHW Champion
5(10) Faas Smit (43-15); Alpha-1, was Sigma
6(x) Shane Gilchrist (25-3); Gamma
7(3) Jin Katou (26-3); Alpha-1;
8(x) Kendall Tracey (17-5); former Alpha-1 LHW Champion
9(9) Zvonimir Asanovic (20-4); former Gamma LHW Champion
10(x) Nicolai Mickiewicz (26-6); CSA & Omega & UCFF
Dropped out
x(5) Roberto Aldez (48-10); Alpha-1
x(6) Thorbjorn Rekdal (21-3); CSA
x(7) John Rivero (23-6); CSA; was Alpha-1
x(8) Curt Kitson (26-5); CSA; was Alpha-1

Middleweight
1(4) Matthew Dean (41-6); Alpha-1, was Gamma
2(8) Buddy Garner (21-2); Alpha-1, was Gamma MW Champion
3(6) Heiji Endo (21-1); Alpha-1 Middleweight Champion since Nov 1998
4(3) JJ Reid (34-3); CSA Middleweight Champion since July 2002
5(1) Alex Cole (19-1); former CSA Middleweight Champion
6(2) Neil Napier (20-2); former Gamma Middleweight Champion
7(7) Leonardo da Costa (22-4); Alpha-1
8(5) Petey Mack (23-4); Alpha-1
9(x) Fernando Amaro (48-12-4); Alpha-1
10(9) Stuart Strange (18-4); CSA
Dropped out
10(x) Sutton Ripley (22-6); Alpha-1

Welterweight
1(2) Darin Blood (19-3); Alpha-1 Welterweight Champion since Nov 2001
2(4) Mikey Wallace (14-1); former Gamma WW Champion
3(1) Kafu Bunya (18-1); Alpha-1
4(5) Datuk Ong Ka Ting (13-1); Alpha-1
5(3) Julio Rugueiro (20-2-1); former 2x Gamma WW Champion
6(9) Ichisake Mayagi (35-11); Alpha-1
7(x) Manuel Silva (12-2); Gamma Welterweight Champion since Dec 2002
8(10) Dominykas Jankovic (19-3); CSA ,was Gamma
9(6) Josh Aldarisio (12-1); Gamma
10(8) Jack Humphreys (34-5); CSA, was former Gamma WW Champion
Dropped Out
x(7) Carlos da Guia (18-3); former Alpha-1 Welterweight Champion

Lightweight
1(1) Luke Hilton (16-0); Alpha-1 Lightweight Champion since Aug 2002
2(2) Sean Morrison (31-3); Gamma Lightweight Champion since June 1996
3(8) Tarcisio Dantes (19-1); Gamma
4(6) Helio (27-2); CSA
5(4) Fiyero Lermontov (18-1); Gamma
6(5) Shizuya Nakae (32-11); former Alpha-1 LW Champion
7(3) Sukarno (11-1);Alpha-1
8(x) Bud Brockett (26-5); CSA, was Gamma
9(10) Lubos Plasil (14-2); Gamma, was Sigma
10(7) Fumiaki Hayashi (22-8); CSA/XCC, was Alpha-1
Dropped out
x(9) Heiko Pander (10-1); CSA dropped down to FW

Featherweight
1(1) Li-Kong Ho (24-0); CSA Featherweight Champion since May 2002
2(2) Phillip Ziskie (19-1); CSA
3(4) Tomohiro Takeuchi (26-4); Sigma Featherweight Champion since Sept 2002, was CSA
4(x) Heiko Pander (10-1); CSA dropped down from LW
5(3) Lars Bohlin (54-7-1); CSA
6(5) Easton Frye (15-2); CSA
7(9) Shuler Eigenberg (18-4); CSA
8(8) Kei Maki (10-3); CSA
9(6) Rafael Tavares (21-4); CSA & Sigma
10(7) Manish Khan (12-4); Sigma
Dropped out
10(8) Tan Su (17-10); Sigma, was CSA

Pound for Pound (female)
1(3) Katherine Williams (13-3); CSA Women's Openweight Champion since Dec 2001
2(5)Tiiu Kass (10-1); CSA/WEFF; former Women's Openweight Champion
3(2) Sarah Vaughn (18-4); CSA/WEFF, was 2x WEFF Women's HW Champion
4(7) Layla Holmes (11-1); CSA; former CSA Women's Openweight Champion
5(x)Mizuki Watanabe (12-2); CSA
6(8) Alisha Wood (10-2); Unemployed, was CSA
7(4) April Watson (11-3); CSA
8(x) Gina Dixon (11-3-1); CSA
9(10) Laura Adair (9-1-1); CSA
10(9) Jenny DeNeuve (9-4); CSA/WEFF
Dropped out
x(1) Sayoko Ebisawa (17-2); retired, was CSA/WEFF
x(6) Yuya Shimizu (12-3); CSA/XCC
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #209
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to try something a little different for the beginning of the year rankings for our roster. We've made so many additions and have so many fighters strung out across the two feeder promotions that I'm going to try to combine the weight class rankings for our entire group into one giant bundle so you can get a look at the bigger picture. This will probably be an oversized post but I think it will really illustrate just how large the roster has become (with all the attendant challenges of managing it).

The second record listed for fighters is their mark in the main CSA promotion only

Blurcat.com rankings CSA Group Roster as of January 1, 2003 (CSA rank from January 2002)

Pound for Pound
1(5) "Little Dragon" Li-Kong Ho (24-0, 3-0); CSA Featherweight Champion since May 2002
2(2) "The Amazing" JJ Reid (34-3, 2-0); CSA Middleweight Champion since July 2002
3(x) "Blood Spirit" Hyun-Shik Lim (12-2, 0-0); Light Heavyweight
4(1) Alex "Ace in the Hole" Cole (19-1, 3-1) former CSA Middleweight Champion
5(3) "The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur (16-1, 1-0); Heavyweight
6(x) Lefter "The Beast" Oktay (20-1, 1-0); Heavyweight
7(4) Stratos "Atlas" Papaioannou (31-6, 1-0); Heavyweight
8(x) Dominykas "Slamkovic" Jankovic (19-3, 1-0); Welterweight
9(7) Phillip "Kid" Ziskie (19-1, 1-1); Featherweight
10(8) Helio (27-2, 3-0); Lightweight
Dropped Out:
x(6) "Brickhouse" Thorbjorn Rekdal (21-3, 4-1); Light Heavyweight
x(9) "Samurai Spirit" Tomohiro Takeuchi (23-4, 0-0); left company
x(10) "Ice Cold" Lars Bohlin (54-7-1, 1-1); Featherweight

Heavyweights
1(1) Rav Kapur (16-1, 1-0);
2(x) Lefter Oktay (20-1, 1-0);
3(2) Stratos Papaioannou (31-6, 1-0);
4(x) Ari Peltonen (29-10, 0-0);
5(6) Wilson Franklyn (11-1, 9-1); CSA Heavyweight Champion since June 01
6(3) Armen Sarkisian (19-2, 2-0);
7(x) Tony McCall (38-13, 1-0);
8(x) Hiro Arai (12-3, 1-0);
9(4) Fatuma Roy (26-12, 1-1);
10(x) Soulyemane Ya Konan (15-4, 0-1);
x(9) Murilo Satinho (8-1, 8-1);
x(5) Mason Archer (7-2, 6-2); XCC; former CSA HW Champ
xx Tank Manu'a (24-9, 0-0);
xx Duke Aiona (19-8, 0-0; XCC
xx Gary Sampson (21-9, 1-1);
xx Norman Pike (20-8, 0-0);
xx Tim Boyer (22-9-2, 0-1);
xx Sylvester Collins (8-3, 4-3);former CSA HW Champ
xx Kurt McDonald (11-3, 0-1); XCC
x(10) Christopher Sharp (13-6, 0-2); XCC
xx Damien Jones (11-4, 1-1);
xx Renato (9-3, 0-0); XCC
xx Brady Crawford (10-7, 0-1); XCC
xx Guy Broom (4-1, 2-1);
xx Gareth Grundy (10-7, 0-1); XCC
xx Mark Bicknell (10-3, 0-1): XCC
xx Kanezane Fujii (2-0, 2-0);
xx Adelinio Freiholic (6-2, 0-0); XCC
xx Jacob Tanner (4-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Feliciano Rossi (6-1, 0-0); XCC
xx Patrick Bennett (4-2, 1-1); XCC
xx Don Norman (24-20, 2-5);
xx Javier Perry (3-2, 0-1);
xx Jutaro Honma (0-1, 0-0); XCC

Light Heavyweights
1(x) Hyun-Shik Lim (12-2, 0-0);
2(2) Nicolai Mickiewicz (26-6, 2-1)
3(1) Thorbjorn Rekdal (21-3, 4-1)
4(x) Junior Patinkin (13-4, 0-0)
5(3) Adam White (12-3, 3-0); CSA Light Heavyweight Champion since Mar 2002
6(x) Curt Kitson (26-5, 0-1);
7(x) Ken Peters (15-3, 0-0);
8(x) John Rivero (23-6, 0-0);
9(5) Linfield Ballard (28-11, 2-0)
10(x) Garry McSweegan (29-13, 0-0);
xx Affonso Villar (5-0, 4-0);
x(8) Allen LeFleur (7-1, 7-1); former CSA Light Heavyweight Champion
xx Lawrence Herringbone (18-8, 2-0); was #7 LHW
x(4) Fjodor Kanchelskis (14-2, 4-2);
xx Alekos Karabatos (17-8, 0-0);
xx Christian Mountfield (19-10, 2-1);
xx Alexsei Chekov (23-7, 3-2); XCC, was #8 HW
x(10) Jerry Bogdonovich (12-6, 0-3); XCC
xx Terry Catt (9-4, 2-1);
xx William Harrison (8-2, 5-2);
xx Spencer Rubenstein (6-2, 6-2); former CSA Light Heavyweight Champion
xx Rupert Dreck (9-4, 2-4); XCC
x(9) Leandro Piquet (25-12, 0-0); XCC
x(6) Andranik Paletilolu (20-9, 1-1); XCC
xx Adrian Pascal (8-3, 3-3); XCC
xx Joshua Hope (6-2, 4-1);
xx Anthony Deeley (4-1, 0-1); XCC
xx Jethro Munter (17-10-1, 0-2); XCC
xx Ranieri Feranda (4-2, 0-1); XCC
xx Jon Silvers (8-6, 0-0); XCC

Middleweights
1(2) JJ Reid (34-3, 2-0); CSA Middleweight Champion since July 2002
2(1) Alex Cole (19-1, 3-1); former CSA Middleweight Champion
3(3) Stuart Strange (18-4, 1-1);
4(4) Ashley Ballard (16-4, 3-2); former CSA Middleweight Champion
5(6) Kramer Mayweather (9-3, 7-1); former 2x CSA Middleweight Champion
6(7) Bill Brown (8-2, 6-1); former CSA Middleweight Champion
7(x) Marlon John (9-2, 8-2); former 2x CSA Light Heavyweight Champion was #7 LHW
8(x) Stephan de Winter (9-2, 0-0);
9(x) Ieyoshi Yamashita (28-17, 0-0);
10(x) Tetsuji Myojin (12-3, 0-1);
xx Drew Jenks (11-4, 4-3);
x(5) Davis Spyrou (23-9, 2-2); XCC
x(8) Heath Kaladaris (6-2, 6-2); former CSA Middleweight Champion
xx Carl Ratcliffe (21-10, 3-3);
xx Jakachu Abe (4-1, 4-1);
xx Thomas Smith (14-8, 1-3);
xx Esteban Vega (6-3, 4-3); former CSA Middleweight Champion
xx Haranobu Oshiro (6-1, 0-1);
xx Woody Fierstein (13-7, 2-5);
xx Tora Mizwar (9-4, 1-0); XCC
xx Julio Gutierrez (6-2, 1-2);
xx Patrick Thomas (11-11, 0-2); XCC
xx Ethan Sutton (5-1, 0-1); XCC
xx Jemaine McKenzie (7-7, 0-0); XCC
xx Jordan Flintstone (5-3, 2-3);
xx Danny Akabaro (5-3, 0-3); XCC
xx Genki Shinashi (9-6, 1-2); XCC
xx Wes Hersch (5-3, 4-2); XCC
xx Maxime Giresse (5-3, 0-0); XCC
xx Harold Valentine (4-1, 0-0); XCC
xx Nick Detroit (7-6, 0-1); XCC
xx Billy Russell (2-5, 1-5); XCC
xx Ronnie Allen Teller (2-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Atsutane Akera (1-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Tuck Durdell (1-1, 0-1); XCC

Welterweights
1(x) Dominykas Jankovic (19-3, 1-0);
2(x) Jack Humphreys (34-5, 0-0);
3(1) Charles Stiles (19-6, 2-1); former CSA Welterweight Champion
4(x) Gabriel Gallego (19-6, 0-0);
5(x) Yeijiro Yamamoto (23-7, 0-0);
6(x) Heikichi Shimizu (6-1, 4-1); CSA Welterweight Champion since Nov 2002 was #7 LW
7(x) David Allen (21-4, 0-0);
8(x) Joaquim Fontes (17-2, 2-1); was #9 MW
9(x) Kadonomaro Deguchi (12-3, 2-0);
10(4) Jungo Futagawa (25-11, 3-0);
x(2) Evan Pizzarro (9-3, 7-2); former CSA Welterweight Champion
xx Jonathan Huang (4-0, 4-0);
xx Rich Robinson (8-1, 4-0); was #10 MW
x(3) Benny Danare (16-4, 1-2);
x(8) Felix Mattherson, Jr (6-2, 6-2); former CSA Welterweight Champion
xx Bret Clement (7-1, 0-1);
xx Tim Oldacres (5-2, 5-2); former CSA Lightweight Champion
x(5) Doug Hansen (18-8, 0-0); XCC
x(7) Bosco Curbeam (3-1, 3-1);
xx Diego Arteta (6-1, 3-1);
xx Chojiro Goto (11-10, 0-0); XCC
x(6) Carmelo Rossi (13-9, 0-2); XCC
(10) Dana Delaney (11-8, 0-1); XCC
xx Nathan Chambers (7-4, 5-3); XCC former CSA Welterweight Champion
xx Ross Smith (9-4, 2-1);
xx Thiago Ceni (22-20, 0-2);
xx Zachary Gilbert (14-11, 2-4); XCC
xx Gideon Navarro (5-3, 3-2); XCC
xx Scott Gillespie (3-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Kyle Sagal (6-3, 3-3);
xx Tyler Lass (7-7, 0-1); XCC
xx Houston George (2-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Chad Zoff (1-4, 1-3); XCC

Lightweights
1(1) Helio (27-2, 3-0);
2(x) Bud Brockett (26-5, 0-0);
3(x) Fumiaki Hayashi (22-8, 0-0); XCC
4(6) Marco Bernacci (11-4, 7-0); CSA Lightweight Champion since June 01
5(x) Georges Nouri (16-3, 0-0);
6(5) Luis Basora (26-5-2, 2-0);
7(4) Brandon Sugar (30-8, 3-0);
8(x) Jake Keane (15-2, 0-0); XCC
9(x) Lukas Mellberg (21-6, 0-0); XCC
10(3) Rodolphe Gygax (33-11, 0-2);
xx H.M. Menzel (16-7, 1-0);
x(9) Korekiyo Anzai (15-7, 1-1);[/u]
x(8) Naizen Hamacho (17-7, 0-1);
xx Carl Chenoweth (5-0, 3-0);
x(10) Aaron McBroom (13-7, 1-2);
xx Drauzio Simaan (10-4, 0-0);
xx Fujimaro Hidaka (10-5, 0-1);
xx Francesco Marazzina (21-10, 2-1);
xx Henry Baldwin (13-8, 0-2);
xx Toson Ono (20-13, 0-0);
xx Campbell Crane (12-6, 0-1);
xx Sinali Shomen (5-2, 5-2); former CSA Lightweight Champion was #9 WW
xx Gregory O'Hara (5-0, 0-0);
xx Bruce Steven (22-10, 0-1); XCC
xx Jamie Hewitt (14-9, 1-1); XCC
xx Lucas Mueller (8-3, 1-2); XCC
xx Anderson Desailly (7-8, 0-1); XCC
xx Sid Morgan (5-3, 0-0); XCC
xx Elvis Milissis (7-6, 1-3); XCC
xx Guilherme de Barros (5-2, 0-0); XCC
xx Sadahige Yoshida (1-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Gene Oakley (2-2, 1-1); XCC
xx Jackson Gray (20-14, 0-2);
xx Masato Wai (4-5, 0-0); XCC
xx Floyd Haywood (0-2, 0-1); XCC
xx Julian Beals (0-1, 0-1); XCC
Dropped Out
x(2) Tomohiro Takeuchi (23-4, 0-0); left company

Featherweights
1(1) Li-Kong Ho (24-0, 3-0); CSA Featherweight Champion since May 2002
2(2) Phillip Ziskie (19-1, 1-1);
3(4) Heiko Pander (10-1, 2-0);
4(3) Lars Bohlin (54-7-1, 1-1);
5(5) Easton Frye (15-2, 2-1);
6(8) Shuler Eigenberg (18-4, 5-0);
7(7) Kei Maki (10-3, 2-0);
8(6) Rafael Tavares (21-4, 3-0);
9(x) Colm Dee (17-6, 1-1);
10(10) Azor Portela Nunes (28-7, 1-0);
xx Lazaro Campos (6-0, 3-0);
xx Luiz Machado (28-8-2, 1-1);
x(10) Benedikt Streit (23-8, 0-0); XCC
xx James Busfield (13-8-1, 0-1);
xx Davi Carlo Ramos (37-13-1, 3-4);
xx Ryota Sugimoto (9-4, 0-0);
xx Pedro Alves (17-9, 0-0); XCC
xx Nuno Valentino (4-2, 0-0); XCC
xx Sammy Gaffigan (18-7, 3-3);
xx Ivan Bokhour (8-5, 0-0); XCC
xx Jason Dalglish (17-12, 0-2); XCC
xx Reza Afshar (7-3-1, 0-1);
xx Kenji Akita (5-3, 0-0); XCC
xx Harvey Ripa (13-7, 0-0); XCC
xx Masahiro Maeno (1-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Po-Han Yue (9-7, 0-0); XCC
xx Liam O'Donnell (8-7, 0-1); XCC
xx Ashihei Bando (2-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Zhao Pau (11-11, 0-3);
xx Doug Minelli (3-4, 3-4);
xx Anthony Ray Shenkman (18-10, 1-4); XCC
xx Sophan Sastrowardoya (3-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Rory McEnterry (4-4, 2-2);

Women's Openweight
1(3) Katherine Williams (13-3, 4-0); CSA Women's Openweight Champion since Dec 01
2(4) Tiiu Kass (10-1, 3-1); former CSA Women's Openweight Champion
3(2) Sarah Vaughn (18-4, 1-1);
4(5) Layla Holmes (11-1, 6-1); former CSA Women's Openweight Champion
5(x) Mizuki Watanabe (12-2, 1-1);
6(x) April Watson (11-3, 0-2);
7(9) Gina Dixon (11-3-1, 2-0);
8(7) Laura Adair (9-1-1, 2-0);
9(x) Jenny DeNeuve (9-4, 0-1);
10(x) Thea Higgins (9-1, 6-1);
x(8) Vivian Terkay (9-1, 2-1);
xx Samantha Sachs (13-5, 0-1);
xx Honey Due (8-2, 2-2);
xx Mako Takagawa (11-1, 3-0);
xx Kit Sakamoto (10-2, 1-0);
xx Haley Croft (16-6-, 0-2); XCC
xx Karen Curtis (12-7, 0-0);
xx Yuya Shimizu (12-3, 0-0); XCC
xx Trish Biel (10-2-1, 0-1);
xx Alyson Arroway (8-2, 3-2); XCC
xx Pamela O'Neill (8-2-1, 4-1);
xx Tara O'Brien (10-3, 1-1); XCC
xx Steph Smith (6-1, 2-1);
xx Rachel McGuinness (11-3-1, 0-1); XCC
xx Teresa Batch (6-1, 0-0); XCC
xx Junko Yamada (9-1, 1-0); XCC
xx Naora Kikuchi (10-3-1, 1-0); XCC
x(10) Hester Maclean (15-6-1, 0-1); XCC
xx Echiko Watanabe (9-4, 1-0); XCC
xx Eiko Shiokawa (5-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Phyllis Howard (6-0, 0-0); WEFF
xx Nina Belle (5-2, 3-1); WEFF
xx Daniella Sadorra (6-3, 2-1); XCC
xx Joan Whitehouse (3-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Temperance McCoy (5-4, 0-3); WEFF
xx Roz Wareing (13-7-1, 0-0); WEFF
xx Clare Peyton (2-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Cindy Dumas (3-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Olivia Sweet (8-5, 0-0); XCC
xx Romi Takahashi (8-4, 0-1); WEFF
xx Lisa Labone (9-5-1, 0-1); WEFF
xx Natalie Rogers (8-7, 0-0); WEFF
xx Yutsuko Sasaki (4-0, 0-0); XCC
xx Leslie Myers (4-1, 2-1); XCC
xx Serena Hill (8-7, 0-0); XCC
xx Emi Nagano (6-6, 0-2); WEFF
xx Kimie Igarashi (4-0, 1-0); XCC
xx Debra Everett (6-5, 0-0); WEFF
xx Allison Beattie (10-9-1, 1-2); WEFF
xx Hanako Shimizu (13-7, 1-1); WEFF
xx Mao Fukada (3-0, 0-0); WEFF
xx Jennie Gill (8-6, 0-0); WEFF
xx Toshie Nishina (2-3, 0-0); WEFF
xx Anna Thompson (5-3, 0-0); WEFF
xx Shiho Konno (2-0, 0-0); WEFF
xx Vanessa Phillips (7-11, 0-0); WEFF
xx Ramona Stivic (3-2, 0-0); WEFF
xx Elizabeth Fraser (6-5, 0-1); WEFF
xx Tabitha Cameron (4-5, 1-2); WEFF
xx Kelly Andrews (2-2, 0-0); WEFF

xx Chie Namiki (7-9, 0-1);
[i]xx Saya Ikegami (2-4, 0-2); WEFF
xx Tracy Garcia (1-2, 0-0); WEFF
xx Emma Birch (7-10, 0-0); WEFF
xx Simone King (6-10, 1-2); WEFF
xx Alyssa Taylor (2-7, 0-2); WEFF
xx Katarzyna Wojciehowska (4-6, 0-0); WEFF
xx Maya Komagata (0-2, 0-0); WEFF
xx Suzanna Ramos (0-0, 0-0); WEFF
Dropped out
x(1) Sayoko Ebisawa (16-2, 2-0); retired
x(6) Alisha Wood (9-2, 0-0); unemployed, contract expired
Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #210
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

January 14, 2003

WEFF 48
975 attendance in Quebec

Main Event:
Lisa Labone beat Natalie Rogers by submission at 4:07 of Round 3 to win the WEFF Women's Heavyweight Title (Decent)

Co-Main Event:
Romi Takahashi beat Sarah Vaughn by UD after three rounds (Average)

Elizabeth Fraser beat Katarzyna Wojciechowska by UD after three rounds (Decent)
Alison Beattie beat Emma Birch by KO at 3:41 of Round 1 (Good)
Saya Ikegami beat Phyllis Howard by TKO at 1:44 of Round 1 (Great)

Prelims:
Maya Komagata beat Tracy Garcia by UD after three rounds (Decent)
Mao Fukada beat Suzana Ramos by UD after three rounds (Good)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-17-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

January 20, 2003

XCC: Mason vs Archer
1,134 attendance in California (2nd highest in promotion history)

Main Event:
HW Mason Archer beat Christopher Sharp by UD after three rounds (Decent)

Co-Main Event:
LW Elvis Milissis beat Masato Wai by TKO at 0:33 of Round 3 (Good)

FW Po-Han Yue beat Pedro Alves by UD after three rounds (Decent)
WW Zachary Gilbert beat Scott Gillespie by submission at 4:52 of Round 1 (Fantastic)
WO Rachel McGuinness beat Haley Croft by UD after three rounds (Decent)

Prelims:
FW Benedikt Streit beat Kenji Akita by TKO at 2:17 of Round 2 (Great)
LHW Aleksei Chekov beat Jon Silvers by UD after three rounds (Good)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-17-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #212
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

January 31, 2003

So ends another month without a CSA card, although we're pretty happy with the XCC attendance. Our CSA losses were about $114k without a gate to generate revenue while WEFF lost $7,300 for the month, XCC lost $55,319, not insubstantial but somewhat tolerable for feeder promotions.

We aren't the only people who lose money at times, SIGMA is reportedly on the verge of being taken over by their creditors & are over a half million dollars in the red but it's understandable as between us, A-1, and GAMMA their roster has been picked over repeatedly.

Naturally no show did not mean we just sat around on our hands.

January saw the official exits of two fighters on the roster: FW Zhao "Ka" Pow (11-11, 0-3) who goes with our best wishes in his future endeavors & MW Bill "The Marine" Brown (8-2, 6-1) who chose to sign an exclusive with GAMMA instead of staying with us. That's twice now, as he left at the end of 2000 to go to Alpha-1 for a 1-1 cup of coffee. At some point I'm liable to start thinking it's personal instead of business.

During the month we extended the contracts of LW Lazaro Campos (6-0), MW Patrick Thomas (11-11), HW Brady Crawford (10-8), MW Genki Shinashi (10-6), WO Natalie Rogers (8-8), WO Tara O'Brien (10-3), and WEFF announcer Jimmy Stonor.

And as you've probably come to expect by now, we added some new names to the roster
-- 27 y/o LHW Ryuji "Shogun" Ganaha (0-0), a promising MMA-influenced wrestler from Sakai, Japan. He was actually on the Gamma roster for the past year but saw no action. We should be able to give him some work in XCC.
-- 26 y/o LW Min-Soo Sik (5-1), a Kifo Mokonko fighter from Jeongseon, South Korea. He's the reigning Omega LW champion after beating Francisco Jiminez in December.
-- 26 y/o MW Osmosis Benn (11-3), a wrestler from Albuquerque, New Mexico. He'll come to us riding a 5 fight winning streak in Gamma where he's spent his entire major professional career. Notable that he's 6-1 lifetime against current members of the CSA roster, including a win over Stuart Strange.
-- 19 y/o LHW "Guts" Gerald Burkman (2-0), a Muay Thai fighter from Naperville, Illinois. He'll come to us after a short stint with Sigma who failed to actually book him during his time there.
-- 25 y/o HW "The Great Bear" Aleksander Ivanov (9-1), a sambo fighter from Moscow. He's the reigning 2-time Sigma HW champion with his only pro career loss coming to Lefter Oktay 13 months ago.
-- 32 y/o LW Lubos "The Experiment" Plasil, a former Russian Combat Sambo instructor from Olomouc in the Czech Republic. He's currently riding a four fight winning streak, mostly in Gamma since last spring.

Elsewhere during January, Mike Watson regained his Gamma LHW Title by beating Shane Gilchrist by UD and Bernard Blue forced Kyuwa Itou to tap out on television to claim the Gamma MW Title. Several of our fighters worked elsewhere in the past month, Joaquim Fontes beat Ralph Kohl in 3:18 for Sigma, Gareth Grundy got knocked out by Frank Sheedy in Omega where Genki Shinashi got a submission win over Hunter Scribbins. Brady Crawford also suffered a KO loss, failing to claim the TOP Heavyweight Title from Khru Dunagjan.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #213
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

February 1, 2003
WEFF 43
656 attendance in Quebec

Main Event:
Tabitha Cameron beat Jennie Gill by TKO at 3:13 of Round 1 (Great)

Co-Main Event:
Serena Hill beat Toshie Nishina by KO at 0:33 of Round 3 (Great)

Hester Maclean beat Simone King by TKO at 3:15 of Round 3 (Good)
Hanako Shimizu beat Alyssa Taylor by UD after three rounds (Great)
Kimie Igarashi beat Anna Thompson by KO at 0:22 of Round 2 (Average)

Prelims:
Shiho Konno beat Kelly Andrews by UD after three rounds (Poor)
Nina Belle beat Saya Ikegami by UD after three rounds (Decent)
Old 09-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #214
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

February 3, 2003

(New York) In a move that surprised very few observers, Combat Supercell Alliance (CSA) announced today the acquisition of controlling interest in European based promotion Signature Martial Arts (SIGMA).

At a Monday morning press conference, CSA owner Joseph Steven said he was looking forward to bringing the excitement of the CSA brand to destinations across Europe and that he was confident the move would be positive for not only MMA fans around the world but for CSA both competitively and financially.

SIGMA was reportedly on the verge of being forced into bankruptcy by creditors who were owned an amount believed to be in the neighborhood of $750,000 (US).

--------------

If you've been following this thread then the purchase really shouldn't be a surprise. I seem to be on a mission to acquire every fighter in the universe under contract one way or another (although the talks with Hassan Fezzik ended once his demands went north of $700k per fight with a 90%+ win bonus).

With the sudden addition of more than 70 new fighters to our stable, the largest roster shuffle in CSA history took place. Several more changes will be made after already announced events for all three promotions are completed, with several fighters likely to be promoted to CSA briefly over the next few weeks for the purpose of granting them their unconditional release.

HW
Jutaro Honma,Patrick Bennett, Gareth Grundy, Adelino Freiholic & Mark Bicknell sent to Sigma from XCC
Damien Jones, Guy Broom, Tank Manu'a, Sylvester Collins & Soulyemane Ya Konan sent to XCC from CSA
Mason Archer recalled to CSA from XCC
Khru Dunangjan, Stafford Alois & Barry Strachan assigned to CSA from Sigma

LHW
Elgar, Sho Kitabatake, & Blaze Weeks assigned to CSA from Sigma
Alekos Karabatsos, William Harrison & Joshua Hope sent to XCC from CSA
Anthony Deeley, Jon Silvers & Ranieri Feranda sent to Sigma from XCC

MW
Tucker Plumm, Bradley Dixon & Mal Phe Roby assigned to CSA from Sigma
Woody Fierstein & Julio Gutierrez sent to XCC from CSA
Tuck Durdell, Nick Detroit, & Ronnie Allen Teller sent to Sigma from XCC

WW
Jim Carpenter assigned to CSA from Sigma
Bret Clement assigned to XCC from CSA
Chad Zoff, Scott Gillespie & Tyler Lass sent from XCC to Sigma
Brock Youdale, Cooper Richardson & Nik Minear sent from Sigma to XCC

LW
Helvecio Babenco, Seth O’Breen, & Roy Lynch assigned to CSA from Sigma
Floyd Haywood, Julian Beals, & Masato Wai assigned to Sigma from XCC
Guilherme de Barros & Sadahige Oshida assigned to Sigma from XCC
Kyle Sagal assigned to Sigma from CSA
Teeratep Nutnum & Sammy Newton assigned to XCC from Sigma

FW
Sammy Gaffigan & Reza Afshar assigned to XCC from CSA
Anthony Ray Shenkman, Sophan Sastrowardoya & Liam O’Donnell assigned to Sigma from XCC
Dominic Ash assigned to XCC from Sigma

Women’s Openweight
Hester Maclean, Nina Belle, Kimie Igarashi, & Serena Hill assigned to XCC from WEFF
Yuya Shimizu, Mao Fukada, & Yutsuko Sasaki assigned to WEFF from XCC
Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #215
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Combat Supercell presents CSA 34
Sunday February 9, 2003 in Houston, TX

RESULTS
Preliminary Fights
Women's Openweight
"The Blonde Bombshell" April Watson (11-3) vs "The All American" Vanessa Phillips (7-11)
Watson wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)
The match was rated as being Poor

Middleweight
"The Human Takedown Machine" Drew Jenks (11-4) vs Jordan "Fred" Flintstone (5-3)
Flintstone wins by TKO at 3:34 of Round 1
The match was rated as being Fantastic

Women's Openweight
"Deadly T." Thea Higgisn (9-1) vs Chie "The Bride" Namiki (7-9)
Higgins wins by submission (americana) at 3:29 of Round 1
The match was rated as being Good

Featherweight
Easton "Small" Frye (15-2) vs Rory "Maradonna" McEnterry (4-4)
Frye wins by submission (americana) at 4:33 of Round 1
The match was rated as being Great

Lightweight
Naizen Hamacho (17-7) vs Gregory "Chief" O'Hara (5-0)
O'Hara wins by Split Decision (29-28 x2 and 28-29)

Welterweight
Kadonomaro Deguchi (12-3) vs Thiago Ceni (22-20)
Deguchi wins by TKO at 1:43 of Round 1

Light Heavyweight
"The Bad Element" Curt Kitson (26-5) vs Spencer "The Reaper" Rubenstein (6-2)
Rubenstein wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)
The match was rated as being Poor

Heavyweight
"The Great Japanese Hope" Kanezane Fujii (7-2) vs "Abyss" Javier Perry (3-2)
[b]Fujii wins by UD[b] after three rounds (30-27 x3)
The match was rated as being Decent

Middleweight
Kramer "The Predator" Mayweather (9-3) vs Tetsuji "Rampage" Myojin (12-3)
Mayweather wins by TKO at 2:10 of Round 2

Main Show

Light Heavyweight
"The Hotshot Scot" Gary McSweegan (29-13) vs "The Tornado" Terry Catt (10-4)
We're privately hoping that Catt fights for us the same way he's been fighting for Sigma & Omega
Blurcat says if Catt gets this one to the floor, he'll win quickly.
McSweegan wins by KO at 2:23 of Round 1
All McSweegan all the way. Punch after punch, lefts, rights, combinations, and finally one straight right flush on the chin.

Heavyweight
Lefter "The Beast" Oktay (20-1) vs "Stormin'" Norman Pike (20-8)
We're privately hoping that Oktay is ready for the dangerous Pike & stays on track for an eventual revenge match against Sarkisian
Blurcat says Oktay should get the win
Ballard wins by Split Decision after three rounds (29-28 x2 and 28-29)
The match was rated as being Average
A big slam gave Oktay an early lead after R1. R2 also to a patient Oktay after a takedown in the final minute. R3 saw Oktay simply too strong for Pike to do anything with from the grapple & without it he had no offense.

Women's Openweight
"The Electrifying" Jenny DeNeuve (9-4) vs "The Wicked Bitch of the East" Honey Due (8-2)
We're privately hoping Due takes advantage of this opportunity to shine
Blurcat says Due simply looks too good for DeNeuve
Due wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x2 and 29-28)
Due was frustrated on several early takedown attempts but settled for keeping DeNeuve pinned to the cage for some dirty boxing in R1. DeNeuve boxed from a distance, Due went back to the dirty boxing in a close R2. More dirty boxing from Due who was indeed a wicked bitch to DeNeuve

Featherweight
Colm "The Celtic Warrior" Dee (17-6) vs "Mighty Mouse" Heiko Pander (10-1)
We're privately hoping that Pander wins without turning this into a snoozefest
Blurcat says Pander should eventually get past Dee's striking & win on the ground
Pander wins by submission after three rounds (29-27 x3)
Dee's striking kept Pander at bay in R1. An early takedown by Pander gave him control of R2. Another takedown by Pander, this time followed by enough offense to cut Dee below the eye with an elbow.

Lightweight
"The Sharpshooter" Georges Nouri (16-3) vs Brandon "Sugar Rush" Sugar (30-8)
We're privately hoping that Sugar elevates his US profile with a nice win
Blurcat says Sugar wants to strike, Nouri wants to wrestle, the winner will be whomever imposes their will
Sugar wins by UD after three rounds (29-28 x3)
Sugar takes R1 with a takedown & steady control. A much closer R2 with lots of back & forth grappling but it also goes to Sugar. Nouri exploded at the opening of R3 with a barrage of punches that floored Sugar but he recovered well enough to survive the round.

Welterweight
Evan "The Carpenter" Pizzarro (18-1) vs Dominykas "Slamkovic" Jankovic (19-3)
We're privately hoping that the highly regarded Bulgarian improves his name value in the States with a win
Blurcat says Jankovic should be able to win this fight on the ground
Jankovic wins by submission (armbar) at 2:14 of Round 1
A takedown left Pizzarro trying to recover but vulnerable for an armbar that ended it

Light Heavyweight
"The Man of Steel" Ken Peters (15-3) vs "The Chunky Monkey" Allen LeFleur (7-1)
We're privately hoping that Peters debuts looking worth his $150k price tag
Blurcat says Peters superior skills should carry the day
Peters wins by submission (guillotine) at 2:30 of Round 2
Close R1 with plenty of reversals & counters. LeFleur got a quick takedown but found himself caught in guard where Peters produced more than enough offense, including the sudden finisher.

Co-Main Event: Heavyweight
"Grande Urso" Murilo Satinho (8-1) vs Tony "The Spider" McCall (38-13)
We're privately hoping that the action lives up to the pre-fight anticipation which was surprisingly good
Blurcat says Satinho will win as McCall struggles just to survive
Satinho wins by TKO at 2:18 of Round 1
Takedown, mount, and then bombs away.

Main Event: For the CSA Middleweight Title
"The Amazing" JJ Reid (34-3) vs "Superstar" Stuart Strange (18-4)
We're privately hoping that Reid retains in a solid fight
Blurcat says Strange will take the title
Strange wins by Ud after five rounds (50-45 x3)
The match was rated as Poor
Strange had slightly the better of R1 with more cage control & offense than Reid managed following a takedown. Almost identical R2. More of the same from Strange in R3, not much of anything from a tiring Reid. Not much from either spent fighter in R4, but a little more from Strange than the champ. And mercifully a carbon copy final round comes to an end, Strange ending a completely dominant performance.

Attendance: 13,757 for a gate of $825,420
147,182 PPV Buys for revenue of $588,728
Show Rating: Great

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-22-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #216
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

February 10, 2003
XCC: Keane vs Mellberg
1,068 attendance in California

Main Event:
Jake Keane beat Lukas Mellberg by submission at 4:06 of Round 5 to retain the XCC Lightweight Title (Great)

Co-Main Event:
MW Doug Hansen beat Carmelo Rossi by submission at 3:36 of Round 2 (Decent)

LW Jamie Hewitt beat Sid Morgan by submission at 4:18 of Round 1 (Great)
LW Gene Oakley beat Anderson Desailly by TKO at 2:15 of Round 1 (Fantastic)
LHW Adrian Pascal beat Jethro Munter by submission at 4:41 of Round 3 (Good)

Prelims:
MW Jemaine McKenzie beat Tora Mizwar by UD after three rounds (Average)
WO Leslie Myers beat Naora Kikuchi by KO at 3:18 of Round 1 (Great)
Old 09-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #217
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

February 13, 2003
SIGMA: Huang vs Sato
446 attendance in Germany

Main Event:
Jonathan Huang beat Yukichi Sato by submission at 4:50 of Round 1 (Great)

Co-Main Event:
LHW Lawrence Herringbone beat Inejiro Chiba by TKo at 6:38 of Round 1 (Fantastic)

FW Greg Chian beat Rafael Tavares by split decision after 3 rounds (Great)
FW Stefan Champion beat Tan Su by submission at 2:50 of Round 3 (Good)
WW Randy Carsley beat Paul Duffell by submission at 3:43 of Round 1 (Good)
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #218
Tellistto
College Prospect

Rough attendence numbers there in Germany. No wonder Sigma was going under if that was what they were pulling for their shows.

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Rough attendence numbers there in Germany. No wonder Sigma was going under if that was what they were pulling for their shows.

I don't think it's so much their attendance that was killing them as it was their spending.

The prize money payout on that show (which was booked by the AI before I took over & started scrambling their roster) was just over $97,000 for five fights. By comparison, this month's XCC prize money was just over $50,000 for seven fights. And there's still a less profitable TV show still to run for Sigma this month.

In the last six months when they've run two shows they've lost over $250k each time and between $90k & $100k twice with one show, and $50k in another one show month. That's way more on average than I'm losing each month on WEFF & XCC combined even with stripping away a lot of their most successful/best fighters.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #220
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

February 23, 2003

SIGMA Gladiators (TV)
175 attendance in Germany

Main Event:
FW Sophan Sastrowardoya beat Jonathan Chai by TKO at 1:21 of Round 1 (Great)

Co-Main Event:
MW Nick Detroit beat Nicolas Martins by UD after three rounds (Decent)

MW Maxime Giresse beat Wayne McKellan by TKO at 0:46 of Round 1 (Great)
HW Anthony Deeley beat Rikiya Takimoto by UD after three rounds (Good)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-24-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #221
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2003

A heck of a busy month in the books, with a loss of nearly $482k. Not bad really, considering we spent about $750k buying out Sigma. Those losses will drop a little, as their Gladiators TV show was cancelled by the network, meaning it will no longer need to be produced.

With the influx of fighters from Sigma & all the paperwork we had to process for them, I couldn't even begin to cover all the new faces in detail, but in addition to those we shuffled earlier in the month you'll be seeing their names pop up in the weeks to come.

February saw the end of three fighters stints with CSA, including veteran HW Don Norman (24-20, 2-5), LW Jackson Gray (20-14, 0-2), WO Chie Namiki (7-10, 0-2), and WW Thiago Ceni (22-21, 0-3). We also terminated the final few weeks of an agreement with Sigma acquisition Helvecio Babenco who will be out with an injury for the next six months.

We renewed a number of contracts in February, LHW Nicolai Mickiewicz (which will end his runs with Omega & UCFF), LHW Lawrence Herringbone, HW Tim Boyer, WO Hanoku Shimizu, FW Anthony Ray Shenkman, LHW Christian Mountfield, HW Javier Perry, WO April Watson, HW Adelino Freiholc, WO Jenny DeNeuve, and Sigma acquisition Greg Chiang.

New hires in February included:
-- 21 y/o WW Oscar Tufnel (4-0), a wrestler from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He's being assigned to XCC to begin his CSA contract.
-- 26 y/o FW Shinsui Okanaya (8-4), a Muay Thai fighter from Nagoya, Japan. He'll return to XCC hoping for better luck than his 0-3 stint with them in late 2000/early 2001.
-- 25 y/o LW "The Jester" Ron Chuckle (6-1), a Greco-Roman wrestler from Liverpool, England. 4 straight wins on small indy shows earns him a slot in XCC for now.
-- 34 y/o FW Taizoh Chung Man (19-13-1), a wrestler from Tokyo. A veteran of the indy scene, he hasn't fought for a major promotion since KDM FC closed but will provide a little depth for Sigma in the featherweight division.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:16 AM   #222
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Combat Supercell presents CSA 35
Sunday March 9, 2003 in Atlanta, GA

RESULTS
Preliminary Fights
Welterweight
Benny "The Jet" Danare (16-4) vs "Ninja" Steven Petty (8-5)
Danare wins by TKO at 1:26 of Round 1

Middleweight
"Ice Cold" Stephan de Winter (9-2) vs Felix "The Daddy" Mattherson, Jr (6-2)
Mattherson wins by submission (guillotine) at 1:48 of Round 2

Heavyweight
"The Tower of Power" Tim Boyer (22-9-2) vs Jesse "The Spartan" Singh (16-12)
Boyer wins by TKO at 2:51 of Round 1

Light Heavyweight
Affonso "The Cyborg" Villar (5-0) vs Christian "The Tiger" Mountfield (19-10)
Villar wins by TKO at 1:01 of Round 1

Women's Openweight
Samantha "The Predator" Sachs (13-5) vs "Colorado Rapid" Emma Birch (7-11)
Sachs wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:43 of Round 2

Featherweight
Kei "Demon Eyes" Maki (10-3) vs Luiz "The Tarantula" Machado (28-8-2)
Machado wins by submission (armbar) at 3:41 of Round 1

Lightweight
"G-Force" Rodolphe Gygax (33-11) vs Francesco Marazzina (21-10)
Marazzina wins by submission (americana) at 3:23 of Round 1

Weltereight
"Mad Dog" Gabriel Gallego (19-6) vs Jungo "The Spirit of the Ancients" Futagawa (25-11)
Futagawa wins by UD after three rounds (29-28 x3)

Middleweight
Ashley "The Tiger" Ballard (16-4) vs Haranobu Oshiro (6-1)
Ballard wins by submission (armbar) at 2:23 of Round 1

Light Heavyweight
"The Big Dog" Linfield Ballard (28-11) vs Alekos "Killer" Karabatsos (17-8)
Ballard wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)

Main Show

Heavyweight
Stratos "Atlas" Papaiannou (31-6) vs "The Brixton Butcher" Stafford Alois (30-13)
We're privately hoping that neither veteran breaks a hip
Blurcat says Alois needs a standup fight but won't get it
Papaiannou wins by TKO at 3:06 of Round 1
Alois put up very little resistance to the takedown attempts that spelled his doom

Women's Openweight
Gina "The Vixen" Dixon (11-3-1) vs Laura "The Pissed Off Angel" Adair (9-1-1)
We're privately hoping that the PPV fight elevates the profile of both talents
Blurcat says if Dixon takes this to the mat then Adair is in trouble
Dixon wins by submission (arm triangle) at 3:09 of Round 1
Dixon had the edge with striking but won when she quickly switched gears & caught Adair off guard.

Lightweight
Helio (27-2) vs Toson Ono (20-13)
We're privately hoping Helio wins big enough to position himself for a title shot soon
Blurcat says Ono is in deep doodoo here
Helio wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x2 and 30-26)
Ono took a lot of punishment in R1, getting knocked down twice by big punches from Helio. Punching & counterpunching were about equally effective for Helio in R2 where he scored another knockdown. R3 saw Helio easily turn away Ono's takedown efforts while scoring with leg kicks of his own.

Featherweight
"The Tropical Tornado" Azor Portela Nunes (28-7) vs Ryota "Ronin" Sugimoto (9-4)
We're privately hoping that Nunes gets the victory
Blurcat says Sugimoto could win on the ground but won't get close enough to Nunes to do so
Nunes wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)
Sugimoto was the clear aggressor in R1, might have been enough to take the round despite a relative lack of success. A flurry of punches scores a knockdown for Helio in R2. A good series of leg kicks by Helio highlighted R3.

Welterweight
"Dangerous" David Allen (21-4) vs Bosco "Bad Attitude" Curbeam (3-1)
We're privately hoping that Allen looks worth his high price
Blurcat says Allen should win this one way or another
Allen wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)
Allen scored a quick takedown in R1 but Curbeam was very effective in holding him to guard. R2 went to Allen courtesy of a takedown. R3 was mostly Allen using his strength to keep Curbeam at bay

Middleweight
"The Flying V" Esteban Vega (6-3) vs Mal Phe Roby (17-12)
We're privately hoping that Vega gets a big win over the departing veteran
Blurcat says Vega will keep this standing & win
Vega wins by UD after three rounds (30-27 x3)
R1 saw Vega scoring repeatedly with punch/kick combos. Add a takedown and some dirty boxing to give Vega the lead after R2. Not much offense from either fighter in R3, despite a pretty good amount of trying by both

Light Heavyweight
"Blood Spirit" Hyun-Shik Lim (12-2) vs "The Legend Killer" Elgar (28-15)
We're privately hoping that Lim dispenses with Elgar easily
Blurcat says Elgar is totally outgunned in every area
Lim wins by TKO at 0:28 of Round 1
Quick trigger for the referee after relatively few punches up against the cage

Heavyweight
"The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur (16-1) vs Hiro Arai (12-3)
We're privately hoping that Kapur goes over here
Blurcat says Kapur just has to avoid being taken down by Arai
Kapur wins by TKO 1:36 of Round 2
Kapur neutralized Arai's mat skills by keeping him pinned to the cage for much of R1. From a Muay Thai clinch in R2, Kapur landed a knee to the ribs, a knee to the head & then the KO knee to the side of the face

Co-Main Event: For the CSA Women's Openweight Title
Katherine "The Great" Williams (13-3) vs Layla "The Slayer" Holmes (11-1)
We're privately hoping that this is very good no matter who wins
Blurcat says Williams should win this by keeping it standing
Holmes wins by submission (ankle lock) at 2:05 of Round 5
A fairly close R1 with neither fighter getting a solid advantage. Williams took R2 mostly by being very aggressive. Holmes got the takedown in R3 but Williams likely too the round. An extremely tired Williams kept Holmes pinned to the cage for most of R4. A flurry of punches from the final round opening bell eventually led to Willliams being knocked down and then forced to tap

Main Event: For the CSA Lightweight Title
Marco "The Bomb" Bernacci (11-4) vs Bud "The Rocket" Brockett (26-5)
We're privately hoping that Bernacci keeps on rolling
Blurcat says if Brockett can get the fight to the floor we may have a new champion
Bernacci wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 4:25 of the final round.
The match was rated as Decent
Close R1 with good moves & counters from both fighters. A close R2 as well but this time Bernacci probably got slightly the better of it. R3 was clearly Bernacci's with a takedown that kept Brockett from really accomplishing anything in the round. The champ controlled R4 by manhandling Brockett. A quick takedown to open R5 and that sealed Brockett's fate.

Attendance: 9,167 for a gate of $550,020
105,093 PPV Buys for revenue of $420, 372
Show Rating: Poor

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-27-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #223
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 12, 2003

XCC: Manu'a vs Konan
1,199 attendance in California

Main Event:
HW Soulyemane Ya Konan beat Tank Manu'a by KO at 2:58 of Round 3 (Fantastic)

Co-Main Event:
WW Gideon Navarro beat Dana Delaney by submission at 4:57 of Round 2 (Great)

MW Wes Hersch beat Davis Spyrou by submission at 3:01 of Round 1 (Fantastic)
FW Dominic Ash beat Po-Han Yue by TKO at 4:25 of Round 3 (Fantastic)
LW Bruce Steven beat Moss Gilbert by submisison at 3:278 of Round 1 (Great)

Prelims:
WW Sinali Shomen beat Brock Youdale by UD after three rounds (Very Poor)
WO Temperance McCoy beat Daneila Sadorra by KO at 3:20 of Round 2 (Fantastic)
Old 09-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #224
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 12, 2003

SIGMA: Kawano vs Kwiatkowski
490 attendance in Germany

Main Event:
HW Eien Kawano beat Piotr Kwiatkowski by TKO at 1:49 of Round 1 to win the SIGMA Heavyweight Title (Great)

Co-Main Event:
WW Ikku Funaki beat Kojuro Ichiri by TKO at 1:137 of Round 2 (Great)

FW Anthony Ray Shenkman beat Liam O'Donnell by submission at 4:14 of Round 1 (Great)
LW Kyle Sagal beat Guilherme de Barros by TKO at 4:34 of Round 1 (Decent)
WW Chad Zoff beat Tyler Lass by UD after three rounds (Average)
Old 09-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #225
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 28, 2003

WEFF 50
975 attendance in Quebec

Main Event:
Lisa Labone beat Cindy Dumas by UD after five rounds to retain the WEFF Women's Heavyweight Title (Decent)

Co-Main Event:
Yuya Shimizu beat Roz Wareing by TKO at 0:29 of Round 1 (Great)

Emi Nagano beat Olivia Sweet by submission at 3:16 of Round 1 (Good)
Alison Beattie beat Debra Everett by UD after three rounds (Decent)
Ramona Stivic beat Tabitha Cameron by KO at 2:02 of Round 1 (Fantastic)

Prelims:
Suzana Ramos beat Yutsuko Sasaki by UD after three rounds (Good)
Maya Komagata beat Mao Fukada by UD after three rounds (Very Poor)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #226
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 31, 2003

Okay, I've tried posting this three times and each time it's glitched while composing before I could finish it. Enough is enough, screw it, I'm tired of typing the same crap over & over.

Basically we lost over $300k in March, mainly on a quarter million dollar shortfall in XCC due to the oversized (for the minors) contracts of Tank Manu'a and Gabriel Gallego who are trying to snap losing streaks.

We resigned a bunch of people, signed a few minor players from Alpha-1 and the indies, and bid farewell to some spare parts mostly picked up with the Sigma acquisition including
LW Seth O'Breen (8-4, 0-0) (signed with Gamma)
LW Roy Lynch (9-13, 0-0)
MW Mal Phe Roby (17-13, 0-2) (signed with Alpha-1 !)
LHW Elgar (28-16, 0-1) (signed with Gamma)
WW Steven Petty (8-6, 0-1)
HW Jesse Singh (16-13, 0-1)
LHW Blaze Weeks (1-2, 0-0)

The biggest news of the month came when LHW "The Big Dog" Linfield Ballard (29-11, 3-0) failed his post-fight drug test & got suspended for a year. Dumb sumbitch was well on his way to a title shot too.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #227
Flasch186
Coordinator

Still hoping for a real world mod, and perhaps Ill try a dynasty since my UFC undisputed one died when I started to realize that there wasn't much variety in what was going to happen NOR the evolution of any of the fighters in the game, meaning you generally will always have the same few at the top and the same few at the bottom. It got old.

Without a RW mod, for me this game has been a waste of money.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #228
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Still hoping for a real world mod, and perhaps Ill try a dynasty since my UFC undisputed one died when I started to realize that there wasn't much variety in what was going to happen NOR the evolution of any of the fighters in the game, meaning you generally will always have the same few at the top and the same few at the bottom. It got old.

Without a RW mod, for me this game has been a waste of money.

Have you tried Tap or Snap 2? I have it and it appears pretty solid at this point in time, a lot of fighters as well.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #229
Flasch186
Coordinator

I did and it seemed very minimal in data no?

I mean the one I had Gina was not even on Strikeforce...Do I have an old version?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 10-08-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #230
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I did and it seemed very minimal in data no?

I mean the one I had Gina was not even on Strikeforce...Do I have an old version?

Possible, I think the latest version is about a month old
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #231
Flasch186
Coordinator

A little help guys

How do I dL a mod from the greydog site and have the game recognize the database. I keep trying it, dumping the files all over the place and it never gets seen. For example, Modern Warriors 5 (is the name too long?), when I put it in the data folder it doesnt see it as is. what am I missing?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Re-read this tonight for the first time in a looooong time.

One of my best dynastic efforts ever I think. Lost momentum as it became such a beast to manage.