Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Idea Farming

Just wanted to run a couple ideas out there to see what people thought about them. I am still a ways from running a game which kind of makes this a good time to ask about the ideas, with plenty of time to work on them.

Idea One - No wolves at the start of the game. First lynch candidate initiates the wolf team (selects from the remaining pool of players to pick the wolf team). This team will be tasked with carrying out revenge for the death of this player. This would be an unknown part of the rules (to prevent meta gaming of the who would that person select kind).

Idea One A - Possible addition to the above idea is that roles would not go out until after day one.

Idea Two - No villagers/wolves, but multiple teams. Number of teams determined by the number of players. Rules governing night kills to prevent all out free for all each night (on the line of team A will only be able to NK a player from team B, team B from team C, team C from team D and team D from team A; if the selected target is not on that team the result is no action that night for the team). Last team standing wins.

Idea Three - One starting wolf. The disease is spreading and the wolf may infect or kill during the night. If the wolf choses to infect the result may be a conversion. If the lone wolf is the lynch target day one there will be an infection during the lynch to keep it from being a one day game.

It's late and I probably didn't explain these as well as I had hoped. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey EF (your sig is failing me badly btw)-

I particularly like idea one IF it is combined with idea three. Start with one wolf (that way there is still motivation for a villager lynch, to try and root out the one wolf) and then let the d1 lynch candidate fill the rest of the team. That makes being a day 1 lynch not so bad. Maybe nk1 gets to put out a role or two to the village as well, takes some of that sting away (maybe they name BG and duke, let seer be in though so they get a n1 scan).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i think if you have only one wolf day one, the village will chose not to lynch anyone.... especially since voting records would count for nothing!

the key to any of those ideas is not knowing that it isnt a normal game

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Idea One - No wolves at the start of the game. First lynch candidate initiates the wolf team (selects from the remaining pool of players to pick the wolf team). This team will be tasked with carrying out revenge for the death of this player. This would be an unknown part of the rules (to prevent meta gaming of the who would that person select kind).

Idea One A - Possible addition to the above idea is that roles would not go out until after day one.
Having posted it this now becomes harder to do. I have run two games where there are no starting wolves, but by D2 there are and people have a no lynch option. I think there is a strong idea in there somewhere for having no starting wolves but instead having it be based on D1 actions. I'm just not sure that the lynching thing is the right way to go, especially having posted about it.

Quote:
b]Idea Two[/b] - No villagers/wolves, but multiple teams. Number of teams determined by the number of players. Rules governing night kills to prevent all out free for all each night (on the line of team A will only be able to NK a player from team B, team B from team C, team C from team D and team D from team A; if the selected target is not on that team the result is no action that night for the team). Last team standing wins.
I would reread Neon's Wolf vs Mafia vs Villager game (Game XIII). It shows the potential of a multi-way game. I've also tried to construct a game where the villagers are on teams and would have incentives to screw over other villager teams in To Crown a King, but have had only middling success with the concept. Definitely think this could be a good game.

Quote:
Idea Three - One starting wolf. The disease is spreading and the wolf may infect or kill during the night. If the wolf choses to infect the result may be a conversion. If the lone wolf is the lynch target day one there will be an infection during the lynch to keep it from being a one day game.
We've done this in The Thing, which Schmidty ran. I think there would have to be real limits to the amount of spreading which could be done. I would say from your list this is the only one where I don't think there's a truly viable game idea.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
saldana
Pro Starter

i sort of did idea 3 in Star Wars...night zero allowed the sith lord to choose from a pool of candidates to be the sith apprentice...if either of them were lynched (or if the apprentice killed the lord) the lord could choose a new apprentice from the same list...if there were no apprentices left, then the lord was SOL.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote