Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Wrestling (TEW13)

With the release of The Golden Age mod set in 1987, it was time to purchase Total Extreme Wrestling '13. I skipped the '10 version, so I have a bit of a learning curve, but let's see what happens.

CONTINENTAL WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

Owner - Jerry Jarrett
Based in Southeast, I am the 11th biggest company in the world. CWA is part of the National Wrestling Alliance and also has a working agreement with AWA.

Titles

AWA Southern Heavyweight Title - Austin Idol (Prestige 92.0%)
AWA Southern Tag Team Titles - Big Bubba and Goliath (Prestige 60.0%)
CWA/AWA International Heavyweight - Soul Train Jones (Prestige 65.0%)
CWA/AWA International Tag Team - Tarzan Goto and Mr. Shima (Prestige 65.0%)
NWA Mid-American Heavyweight - Vacant (Prestige 60.0%)

I don't like that our belts are basically the AWA belts. We also only have 1 tv show/week and 1 event/month. Three singles titles and 2 tag titles just seem excessive and I'll probably try to combine some of them.

dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
dfisher
High School JV

ROSTER

Main Eventers
Faces
Tommy Rich
Brickhouse Brown
Rocky Johnson
Bill Dundee
Jerry Lawler
Bam Bam Bigelow

Heels
Austin Idol
Johnathon Boyd

Upper Midcarders
Faces
Giant Hillbilly Elmer
Jeff Jarrett
Billy Joe Travis

Heels
Don Bass
Dirty Rhodes
Mr. Shima
Phil Hickerson
Chris Donavon

Midcarder
Faces
Tommy Lane
King Cobra
Soul Train Jones (Virgil)
Gypsy Jones

Heels
Tarzan Goto
Lord Humongous
Mike Davis
Steve Keirn
Allen West
Goliath
Jack Hart
Brian Knobbs

Lower Midcarder
Faces
JT Southern

Heels
Big Bubba
Pat Tanaka
Paul Diamond
Lou Winston
Boy Tony

Opener
Faces
Mark Starr

Heels
The Hunter
Ron Bruise
Don Bruise

Enhancement Talent
The Colorado Kid - Face

Occasional Wrestler
Heels
Bambi
Tojo Yamamoto

OTHERS
Downtown Bruno - Heel Manager
Oliver Humperdink - Heel Manager
Lance Russell - Announcer
Dave Brown - Announcer
Paul E. Dangerously - Color Commentator

What a bloated roster. The first month or so will see a lot of tryouts.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 1, March 1987
Elmore Gymnasium (AL) - ATTENDANCE - 6000 (Sold Out)

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dirty Rhodes defeated The Colorado Kid in 6:03 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated JT Southern and King Cobra in 10:13 when Paul Diamond defeated JT Southern by submission. (D)

Main Show

Jerry Lawler challenged Austin Idol to a match for the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title. Idol accepted. (B-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett defeated Big Bubba & Goliath in 9:25 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Goliath by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett win the AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (E+) Travis was visibly tiring toward the end.

Having just picked up the victory, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett celebrate in the ring. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lord Humongous defeated Tommy Lane in 6:14 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D-) Oliver Humperdink did some good work at ringside.

Oliver Humperdink comes out to the podium, along with Lord Humongous. Humperdink hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (C)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rocky Johnson defeated Jack Hart in 7:24 by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D+)

Dave Brown and Russell Hype the upcoming match between Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jerry Lawler defeated Austin Idol in 16:43 by count out. Idol retained the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title. (B-) Both men were visibily tiring toward the end.

Final Rating - D+ - The crowd wasn't happy as they were expecting more angles.

TV Rating (WMC TV 5) - 0.04

THOUGHTS - Looks like I should have looked at the ratio for matches and angles a little more closely. Jarrett/Travis will have a match to consolidate the tag titles coming soon.

Last edited by dfisher : 01-14-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
dfisher
High School JV

I make my first cut, as Allen West is sent packing.

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 2, March 1987
Boutwell Memorial Auditorium, AL; ATTENDANCE - 4457

Preshow

In an extremely short match, Tommy Rich defeated The Hunter in 4:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jonathan Boyd defeated JT Southern in 5:47 by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-) Boyd was off his game.

Rocky Johnson cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rocky Johnson defeated Boy Tony in 6:50 by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D)

Main Show

Bam Bam Bigelow and Jerry Lawler are together, and make the announcement that they are going to be allies from now on, watching each others back. (C)
Austin Idol comes out and delivers a seething promo directed at Jerry Lawler. After rehashing recent events between the two, Idol promises a surprise for Lawler.
"You think you had it bad before, Lawler? You haven't seen anything yet! Just wait and see..." (C+)
Bam Bam Bigelow attacks Jerry Lawler in the ring, and leaves him down and out. (C-)
Jerry Lawler is being attacked by Bam Bam Bigelow in the ring. Seeing the assault, Bill Dundee comes running in and chases Bigelow off, saving Lawler from a serious beating. (C-)
Bill Dundee comes to the ring and challenges Bam Bam Bigelow to a match. (C)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Soul Train Jones defeated Steve Keirn in 7:10 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. Soul Train Jones makes defence number 1 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated Brickhouse Brown and King Cobra in 7:30 when Tarzan Goto defeated King Cobra by pinfall with a Pancake Facebuster. Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto make defence number 1 of their CWA/AWA International Tag Team titles. (E+) Brickhouse Brown was really off his game tonight.

Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett come to the ring and challenge Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto to a match to unify the tag team titles. (E+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bill Dundee in 13:37 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. During the match we also saw Jerry Lawler run in and attack Bigelow, and Austin Idol also attack Dundee. (D+) The overbooking of the match didn't sit well with the crowd.

Overall - C-; the show lost popularity in 1 region.
Television rating was 0.04 again.

THOUGHTS - Bam Bam just couldn't hold up his end of the bargain in the opening angle that took up more than 25% of the card. Every segment said that he looked dreadful, while Lawler looked like a star.

Last edited by dfisher : 01-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
dfisher
High School JV

Time to run my first monthly event.

CWA Forsaken - Knoxville, TN Sunday, Week 2, 1987
ATTENDANCE 4609

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Brickhouse Brown and Rocky Johnson defeated The Bruise Brothers in 7:09 when Rocky Johnson defeated Don Bruise by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D) Brown and Johnson showed excellent chemistry together.

A video plays hyping Austin Idol vs. Bill Dundee. (C)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Soul Train Jones defeated Chic Donovan in 9:57 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. Soul Train Jones makes defence number 2 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D-)

Soul Train Jones cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (F+) This brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Show

Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett had an interview hyping their upcoming match against Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett defeated Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto in 13:26 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Tarzan Goto by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett win the CWA/AWA International Tag Team titles. Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett make defence number 1 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D+) Travis was exhausted by the end. The road agent popped up after this one and said that Travis needed to be booked smarter, in shorter matches.

Having just picked up the victory, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett celebrate in the ring. (E+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated Rock 'n' Roll RPMs in 10:20 when Paul Diamond defeated Tommy Lane by pinfall with a Leapfrog Body Guillotine. (D)

Austin Idol had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bill Dundee. (C)

Oliver Humperdink comes out to the podium, along with Lord Humongous. Humperdink hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (C-)

In an extremely short match, Lord Humongous defeated Mark Starr in 3:07 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E) In a grand display of brutality, Oliver Humperdink orders his client, Lord Humongous to attack an unaware and quickly bloodied Mark Starr. (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jerry Lawler defeated Phil Hickerson in 9:25 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C) After the atch, Jerry Lawler delivers a seething promo directed at Bam Bam Bigelow. After rehashing recent events between the two, Lawler promises the world that he will get revenge against Bigelow. (C+)

In an extremely poor match, Giant Hillbilly Elmer defeated Brian Knobbs in 6:14 by pinfall with a Standing Splash. (E) Having picked up the victory, Giant Hillbilly Elmer celebrates in the ring. (D)

Bill Dundee had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Austin Idol. (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Tommy Rich in 13:18 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D+) Bigelow was visibily tiring toward the end. Bam Bam Bigelow is celebrating his victory in the ring. Jerry Lawler runs in and attacks, beating Bigelow down into the mat. (C+) Lawler looked like a star. Bigelow did not look good.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Austin Idol defeated Bill Dundee in 16:30 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock after blatantly cheating. Austin Idol makes defence number 1 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. Both men were visibly tiring toward the end.

FINAL RATING - C-; we lost popularity in one region.

THOUGHTS - Bigelow is just being overshadowed by Lawler. I need to wrap that mini-fued up and get Lawler back onto the title chase.

Speaking of titles, Jarrett and Travis will be the new unified tag team champions. I retire the AWA Southern Tag Team titles and rename the AWA/CWA International Tag Team titles to the CWA Unified Tag Team titles.

In the preshow, Soul Train Jones completely bombed. I might need to get the title off him ASAP. Plus, I still need to crown an NWA Mid-American Heavyweight champion.

I have a pretty good idea where I am going with the main event scene over the next few months. The mid-card, on the other hand, is up in the air. I don't even know who will get to stay.

Last edited by dfisher : 01-14-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
dfisher
High School JV

Before the next show, Chic Donovan attacks Jeff Jarrett backstage. Let me see, we have a bloated roster, and you attacked the owner's son. Goodbye Chic Donovan.

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday Week 3, March 1987
Fort Valley, GA - Attendance 4558

Preshow

In an extremely poor match, Don Bass defeated Gypsy Joe in 7:54 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Tommy Lane in 7:56 by submission. (D-)

Main Show

Highlights of the recent event between Bam Bam Bigelow and Jerry Lawler are played in a video package. (C+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Mr. Shima in 8:17 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D-)

Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto attack Jeff Jarrett in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Billy Joe Travis runs in to make the save before to much damage is done. (E+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rockhouse defeated Badd Company in 7:42 when Rocky Johnson defeated Pat Tanaka by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D)

Austin Idol is interviewed backstage by Lance Russell, he hypes himself up to the moon. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Dirty Rhodes in 9:28 by pinfall with a Small Package. (D) The two have great chemistry together.

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jerry Lawler defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in a 1 vs 1 Falls Count Anywhere match in 12:23 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C+)

Jerry Lawler challenges Austin Idol to a match for the title Idol holds! (B+)

OVERALL GRADE - C+ - This show increased our popularity in one region. The television rating went up to 0.05.

THOUGHTS - Jerry Lawler is carrying the company right now. He is just on the money and will challenge Austin Idol for the title at the next monthly event, CWA Hostile Intent.

Since I didn't really have much for Rocky Johnson or Brickhouse Brown, they are teaming for now as Rockhouse.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
dfisher
High School JV

So I was trying to work out a talent trade with another member of the NWA for a big angle I have planned. Of course, almost all the other promotions have a Saturday television show, which severely limits my options. I was able to get a couple people to come in, so hopefully things work out. I won't need them for a little while, and, on the first show, one of my big names weren't available. I'll have to check his availability when I get home to see if it was due to a third promotion's big event, or if I have to go back to the drawing board.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 4, March 1987
Wilmington, NC - ATTENDANCE 4226

Preshow

Jonathan Boyd comes out to the podium and delivers a wicked promo in which he insults the humanoids in the audience. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jonathan Boyd defeated The Colorado Kid in 5:41 by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rockhouse defeated Big Bubba & Goliath in 8:14 when Rocky Johnson defeated Goliath by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D) Rockhouse had an interview hyping them self. Telling everyone watching just.. how.. good.. they... are... (D+)

Main Show

Lance Russell comes out to the podium and announces that there will be a eight man tournament to decide a vacated championship. The participants of the tournament will include King Cobra, Steve Keirn, Tommy Lane, and Boy Tony. (D-)

Steve Keirn is interviewed backstage by Dave Brown, he hypes an upcoming singles match against King Cobra. (D)

NWA MID-AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT (FIRST ROUND) - In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated King Cobra in 7:29 by pinfall. (E+)

Austin Idol appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Jerry Lawler, he'll face him in a match. (C+)

NWA MID-AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT (FIRST ROUND) In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tommy Lane defeated Boy Tony in 6:28 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (E+)

Russell and Dave Brown Hype the upcoming match between Bill Dundee and Bam Bam Bigelow from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Phil Hickerson in 10:22 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bam Bam Bigelow drew with Bill Dundee in 11:33 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw Jerry Lawler run in and attack Bigelow, and Austin Idol also attack Dundee. (D+)

The bell has sounded, yet Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler and Bigelow and Idol continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (C+)

FINAL RATING - C-; TV rating of 0.05

THOUGHTS - So I might have to put the NWA Mid-American title tournament on the preshow, or at least limit it to one match/card. Half the show dedicated to that atrocity killed the crowd and the rating.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 1, April 1987
Jackson, TN - ATTENDANCE 5000 (Sold Out)

Preshow

In an extremely short match, Lord Humongous defeated JT Southern in 3:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)
In a grand display of brutality, Oliver Humperdink orders his client, Lord Humongous to attack an unaware JT Southern. (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Soul Train Jones defeated Jack Hart in 9:47 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. Soul Train Jones makes defence number 3 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D-) Jones was off his game tonight.

Main Show

Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping his upcoming handicap match against Bigelow and Idol. (C+) Lawler looked good.

NWA MID-AMERICAN TITLE TOURNAMENT - FIRST ROUNDIn an extremely poor match, Dirty Rhodes defeated Gypsy Joe in 9:25 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E) Having picked up the victory, Dirty Rhodes celebrates in the ring. (D)

Tommy Rich cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Phil Hickerson in 11:38 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D) Rich was off his game tonight.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler in 20:13 by stoppage when Bill Dundee was injured and could not continue. (B-)

Bill Dundee is carried away to a waiting ambulance by Rocky Johnson and Brickhouse Brown, Jerry Lawler goes with him, giving him support. (B-)

FINAL RATING - C
TV Rating gets another 0.05

THOUGHTS - Dundee goes off injured in the main event, leaving Lawler on his own against Bigelow and Idol. I only got a C for the show, despite the main event receiving the best grade in my short company history. The undercard is still a mess of older workers who can't go. I am really short on faces with any ability in the midcard.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 2, April 1987
Macon, GA - ATTENDANCE 4364

Preshow

NWA MID-AMERICAN TITLE TOURNAMENT - FIRST ROUND In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Giant Hillbilly Elmer defeated Big Bubba in 5:38 by pinfall with a Standing Splash. (E+) The match suffered from a lack of selling. Having picked up the victory, Giant Hillbilly Elmer celebrates in the ring. (D)

In an extremely poor match, Paul Diamond defeated The Colorado Kid in 8:17 by pinfall with a Tornado DDT. (E+) The match was too long given the participants. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Highlights of the recent event between Idol and Bigelow and Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler are played in a video package. (C)

Main Show

Jerry Lawler appears, and says that he wants to apologise to Bill Dundee, as he really should have been there when he got hurt. (B-) Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow come out for a promo and take the opportunity to taunt Bill Dundee's recent injury, going so far as to wishing they had done more damage. (C-) Idol looked good, but Bigelow performed poorly. Rockhouse come to the ring and challenge Idol and Bigelow to a match. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Tarzan Goto defeated Billy Joe Travis in 8:12 by pinfall with a Pancake Facebuster. (D-) The match was too long for Billy Joe Travis. Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto attack Billy Joe Travis in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Jeff Jarrett runs in to make the save before to much damage is done. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Mike Davis in 9:54 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D)

Having picked up the victory, Scott Steiner celebrates in the ring. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rockhouse in 17:24 when Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Brickhouse Brown by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (C)

FINAL RATING - C
TV Rating of 0.05

THOUGHTS

Scott Steiner makes his debut as an upper midcard face. He is the current WWA (based in Great Lakes) Heavyweight Champion, but he now has me as his first priority. Considering my only upper midcarders on the face side were a rookie Jeff Jarrett and freaking Uncle Elmer, it was much needed.

Despite not having much there, I was able to not have Bill Dundee or Jerry Lawler (my top 2 faces) wrestle on the card and stil had an OK rating. That bodes well. The next card is CWA Hostile Intent and the card is looking like this:

Jerry Lawler vs. Austin Idol in a steel cage for AWA Southern Heavyweight Title.
Jeff Jarrett and Billy Joe Travis vs. Tarzan Goto and Mr. Shima for CWA Unified Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
Giant Hillbilly Elmer vs. Dirty Rhodes - NWA Mid-American Semifinal
Tommy Lane vs. Steve Keirn - NWA Mid-American Semifinal
More to be announced
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
dfisher
High School JV

CWA HOSTILE INTENT 1987 Sunday, Week 2, April 1987
Knoxville, TN - Attendance 5000 (SOLD OUT)

Preshow

In an extremely short match, Lord Humongous defeated The Colorado Kid in 4:17 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+) The Colorado Kid is being attacked by Lord Humongous in the ring. Seeing the assault, Soul Train Jones comes running in and chases Humongous off, saving Colorado Kid from a serious beating. (E)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Phil Hickerson drew with Tommy Rich in 12:30 following a double disqualification. (D+)

Main Show

A video plays hyping Austin Idol vs. Jerry Lawler. (B-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett defeated Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto in 10:49 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Tarzan Goto by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett make defence number 1 of their CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (D-)

Austin Idol has an interview in which he taunts Jerry Lawler.
"Jerry Lawler's mom wanted a girl, his father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!" (B-)

NWA MID-AMERICAN TITLE TOURNAMENT - SEMIFINAL In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Tommy Lane in 10:41 by pinfall. (D-)

Scott Steiner is interviewed backstage by Randy Hales, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Jonathan Boyd. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Jonathan Boyd in 11:54 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D-)

NWA MID-AMERICAN TITLE TOURNAMENT - SEMIFINAL In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Giant Hillbilly Elmer defeated Dirty Rhodes in 8:25 by pinfall with a Standing Splash. (D-) Rhodes seemed off his game tonight.

Steve Keirn attacks Giant Hillbilly Elmer in the ring, and leaves him down and out. (D)

Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Austin Idol. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rocky Johnson in 14:50 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jerry Lawler defeated Austin Idol in 26:34 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler wins the AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B)

Having picked up the victory, Jerry Lawler celebrates in the ring. (B+)

FINAL RATING - B-; this show increased our popularity in 1 region.

THOUGHTS- Well, we got our best rating ever, but it was all thanks to Lawler and Idol. That storyline is ending, now to thnk of who we are going to move them onto to help get others over.

The NWA Mid-American tournament finals will be Elmer vs. Steve Keirn.

I tried something new with Billy Joe Travis by limiting his involvement, but I got some harsh penalties for that one. His stamina is ridiculously low right now, making it impossible to have long matches with him.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just popping in to say I am enjoying following along
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Just popping in to say I am enjoying following along

Thanks. Looking forward to when you start one up. I grew up with wrestling around this time, but it was mainly WWF and Crockett. I like to play with the other promotions and spend a lot of time on Wikipedia reading about some of the guys in this timeframe.

The big problem I have with playing the historical is that I am biased toward wrestlers that I am familiar with and tend to not use the others as much.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to when you start one up. I grew up with wrestling around this time, but it was mainly WWF and Crockett. I like to play with the other promotions and spend a lot of time on Wikipedia reading about some of the guys in this timeframe.

The big problem I have with playing the historical is that I am biased toward wrestlers that I am familiar with and tend to not use the others as much.

I am waiting for the final release of the 1983 mod and debating between AWA and Georgia Championship wrestling.....oh decisions
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling Saturday, Week 3, April 1987
Huntsville, AL - ATTENDANCE 6000 (Sold Out)

Preshow

In an extremely poor match, Jonathan Boyd defeated Gypsy Joe in 7:35 by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-) Jonathan Boyd comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that it is now his mission to make Scott Steiner's life a living hell.
"Scott Steiner, , the All-American boy, you're gonna get hurt, son!!" (D+)

Soul Train Jones comes out to the podium for an interview. As he goes about a promo, Oliver Humperdink saunters out to the set and interrupts the affair. Before Soul Train Jones can say much, Humperdink offers a bit of warning to Soul Train Jones.
"If you ever butt into our affairs again, boy, I'll make sure to slap the taste right out of your stinking mouth! This is your last warning, Soul Train Jones - stop messing with my business, or you'll pay the price." (D-) Jones underperformed in the segment.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Soul Train Jones defeated Pat Tanaka in 9:43 when Pat Tanaka was disqualified when Lord Humongous ran in and attacked Soul Train Jones. Soul Train Jones makes defence number 4 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D)

In a grand display of brutality, Oliver Humperdink orders his client, Lord Humongous to attack an unaware and quickly bloodied Soul Train Jones. (D) Jones underperformed.

Main Show

The cameras return to the podium, where Lance Russell and Dave Brown greet the audience. Russell starts it off by telling the viewers that Dave Brown has an important announcement...
"That's right, Russell", Dave Brown addresses with pride, "I am proud to announce that we have a new Champion: Jerry Lawler. Lawler overcame the impossible by winning that title, and we would like to congratulate his accomplishment." (C-)

Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... (B+) Bam Bam Bigelow challenges Jerry Lawler to a match put his title on the line in the match. (D-) He says that he accepts the challenge, and will face him in a match. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Dirty Rhodes in 10:09 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. (D) Tommy Rich has an interview in which he flaunts his his vast superiority over Phil Hickerson.
"Wooooooo! You know it, I know it, and the fat slobs in the audience know it: I can beat Phil Hickerson any time of the day; any day of the week... cause I'm the Man." (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Steve Keirn defeated Giant Hillbilly Elmer in 7:41 by submission. Steve Keirn wins the NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D-) Having picked up the victory, Steve Keirn celebrates in the ring. (D)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jerry Lawler defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 15:25 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 1 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B-) Lawler was off his game.

The bell continues to ring, as One Man Gang attacks. He slams Jerry Lawler into the ringpost, then follows it up with a brutal DDT!! Blood immediately erupts from the head of Lawler, prompting the announcers to begin calling for help. (C+)

OVERALL - C+; this increased our popularity in one region.
TV Rating - 0.08

THOUGHTS - The TV rating is trending upwards, as people love to watch Jerry Lawler. One Man Gang makes his debut in a postmatch attack. He's on a long term loan with the UWF (he's the current champ). This storyline is just getting started, so hopefully he can get the job done.

Steve Keirn is the new NWA Mid-American Champion. I might need to consolidate this one with Soul Train Jones.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
dfisher
High School JV

CWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING Saturday, Week 4, April 1987
Charleston, SC - ATTENDANCE - 5278

Preshow

Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett and Billy Joe Travis Hype their upcoming 6 man tag match against Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto and Jonathan Boyd. (D-)

In an extremely poor match, Lord Humongous defeated King Cobra in 7:27 by pinfall with a Piledriver after Oliver Humperdink interfered. During the match we also had Soul Train Jones distract Humongous. (E) Humongous was visibly tiring at the end. Soul Train Jones attacks Lord Humongous in the ring, but only ends up getting beaten down himself. (E+)

Downtown Bruno comes out to the podium, along with Badd Company. Downtown Bruno hypes his tag team as the second coming of Death. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated Tommy Lane and JT Southern in 8:30 when Paul Diamond defeated JT Southern by submission. (D-)

Highlights of the recent event between Jerry Lawler and One Man Gang are played in a video package. (C)

Main Show

Rocky Johnson comes to the ring and challenges One Man Gang to a match. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jonathan Boyd and Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated Scott Steiner and Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett in 10:23 when Jonathan Boyd defeated Billy Joe Travis by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-) Travis was visibly tiring.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Brickhouse Brown in 12:04 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C)

Austin Idol had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, One Man Gang defeated Rocky Johnson in 15:15 by pinfall with a 747. (C-)

One Man Gang is celebrating his victory in the ring. Jerry Lawler runs in and attacks, beating One Man Gang down into the mat. (C+) Things look good for King, until Ted Dibiase runs in from the crowd and assists Gang in leaving Lawler laying to end the second straight show. (B-)

FINAL RATING - C; This show lost us popularity in one region.
TV Rating - 0.07

THOUGHTS - Ted Dibiase joins One Man Gang in attacking Lawler. I had Gang involved in the opening angle with Johnson, but he used his creative control due to too many angles. Now I have Dibiase to do the talking for him.

Dibiase and Steiner both tested positive for steroids. I try the fatherly approach for both.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
dfisher
High School JV

CWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING - Saturday, Week 1, May 1987
Miami, FL - ATTENDANCE 6368

Preshow

Oliver Humperdink comes out with his client, Lord Humongous. Both taunt Soul Train Jones. (D)

In an extremely poor match, Lord Humongous defeated Soul Train Jones in 8:06 by count out. (E+) Soul Train Jones is celebrating his victory in the ring. Lord Humongous runs in and attacks Soul Train Jones ... mid beating The Colorado Kid runs in and makes the save by scaring Humongous off. The camera fades away with the image of The Colorado Kid helping Soul Train Jones backstage. (E)

In an extremely short match, Tommy Rich defeated The Hunter in 5:02 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

In an extremely poor match, Tommy Lane defeated Mike Davis in 8:43 by pinfall with a Powerbomb[. (E+) Lane was exhausted by the end.

Main Show

Highlights of the recent encounter between One Man Gang, Ted DiBiase, and Jerry Lawler are played in a video package. (C+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase defeated Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett in 8:46 when Ted DiBiase defeated Billy Joe Travis by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase win the CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (D+) Ted DiBiase gives a promo after the match, along with One Man Gang. DiBiase hypes the duo and their reign of terror. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Phil Hickerson in 12:40 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner after a distraction from Tommy Rich. (D) Scott Steiner is celebrating his victory in the ring. Jonathan Boyd runs in and attacks, beating S.Steiner down into the mat. (E+)

Jerry Lawler comes out and delivers a seething promo directed at One Man Gang and DiBiase. After rehashing recent events between them, Lawler promises the world that he will get revenge against One Man Gang and DiBiase. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rockhouse in 11:34 when Austin Idol defeated Brickhouse Brown by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (D+) Rocky Johnson is being attacked by One Man Gang and DiBiase in the ring. Seeing the assault, Jerry Lawler comes running in and fights them both off, saving Johnson from a serious beating. (C) Lawler looked good, but Johnson looked dreadful in the segment.

FINAL RATING - C-
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS Two weeks in a row without Lawler wrestling, and another subpar rating. Bam Bam froze up under the pressure of trying to go all out in the main event. He just cannot hang with the true main eventers right now.

Gang and Dibiase quickly take the tag titles from Jarrett and Travis. It is going to be extremely difficult to get the belts off of them. Travis really needs to improve his stamina on the undercard for a bit before he gets involved with any more main eventers.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 2, May 1987
Boone, NC - ATTENDANCE 6259

Preshow

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dirty Rhodes defeated Giant Hillbilly Elmer in 8:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D-)

In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated Boy Tony in 6:54 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (E+) Having picked up the victory, Brian Pillman celebrates in the ring with his manager Beulah McGillicutty (E)

Dave Brown and Russell Hype the upcoming match between Jerry Lawler and Ted DiBiase from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Main Show

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Steve Keirn drew with Jeff Jarrett in 10:19 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D) The cameras remain focused on the ring, where Jeff Jarrett and Steve Keirn engage in a tension-filled staredown. Neither give ground. (D)

Jerry Lawler comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that he will never give up the trail in chasing down Ted DiBiase.
"I've proven I can beat you, Ted DiBiase. It's just a matter of time before I beat you again. I'll get what's mine, or I'll die trying." (B-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Austin Idol defeated Tommy Rich in 15:13 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock after interference from Phil Hickerson. (C) Austin Idol and Phil Hickerson celebrate their accomplishment in the ring. (B)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Jerry Lawler defeated Ted DiBiase in 15:19 when Ted DiBiase was disqualified when One Man Gang ran in and attacked Jerry Lawler. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 2 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B)

Jerry Lawler is celebrating his victory in the ring. DiBiase and One Man Gang run in and attack, beating Lawler down into the mat. But before the beating is to bad Bill Dundee runs down the ring causing DiBiase and One Man Gang to scurry away. (C)

FINAL RATING - B-; this show improved our popularity in one region.
TV RATING - 0.08

THOUGHTS - Welcome back to in-ring action Jerry Lawler. Lawler and Dibiase gave the fans in Boone the best match in CWA history. Lawler now has the top 6 matches. Bill Dundee returned to rescue Lawler from the attack.

Austin Idol also had a nice match in the semi-main against Tommy Rich. I want to keep Lawler and Idol apart for a while, but eventually you know those two are going to have one hell of a feud again.

Jeff Jarrett was upset with his draw against Steve Keirn. Kid needs to learn his place, but being the boss' son has its perks.

Brian Pillman made his lackluster debut, with his girlfriend Beulah. The youngster will definitely have his ups and downs while he learns the ropes.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 3, May 1987
Charleston, SC: ATTENDANCE - 5737

Preshow

In an extremely poor match, The Colorado Kid defeated Lord Humongous in 6:21 by pinfall after a distraction from Soul Train Jones. (D-) In a grand display of brutality, Oliver Humperdink orders his client, Lord Humongous to attack an unaware The Colorado Kid. (D)

In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman and Billy Joe Travis defeated The Bruise Brothers in 5:39 when Billy Joe Travis defeated Ron Bruise by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

Austin Idol comes out to the podium and delivers a wicked promo in which he insults the humanoids in the audience. (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated JT Southern in 7:01 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-) Idol and Southern have great chemistry together.

Main Show

Highlights of the recent event between Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler and One Man Gang and DiBiase are played in a video package. (C+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Dirty Rhodes in 9:46 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after botched interference by Steve Keirn. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, One Man Gang defeated Brickhouse Brown in 10:28 by pinfall with a 747. (D)

S.Steiner and Rich had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Boyd and Hickerson. (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Phil Hickerson and Jonathan Boyd defeated Tommy Rich and Scott Steiner in 13:03 when Jonathan Boyd defeated Scott Steiner by submission with an Iron Claw after blatantly cheating. (D+)

Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler come to the ring and challenge One Man Gang and DiBiase to a match. (C+) Ted DiBiase and One Man Gang accept the challenge and announce that another person will be joining their ranks, and that person will be announced soon, but it is a mystery for now. (D+)

The bell has sounded, yet Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler and One Man Gang and DiBiase continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (C+)

OVERALL: C-
TV Rating: 0.08
Old 02-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 4, May 1987
Atlanta, GA - ATTENDANCE 6482

Preshow

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Steve Keirn defeated Billy Joe Travis in 7:23 by pinfall. Steve Keirn makes defence number 2 of his NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D) Keirn and Travis have great chemistry. Travis was exhausted by the end.

After the match, the cameras take us back to the ringside announcers desk. There, Lance Russell and Jeff Jarrett, who was doing guest commentary on the match, begin their post match discussion. Out of nowhere, Jeff Jarrett begins insulting the work of Steve Keirn - calling him an insult to professional wrestlers everywhere. (D+)

In an extremely poor match, Big Bubba & Goliath defeated Gypsy Joe and King Cobra in 7:22 when Big Bubba defeated Gypsy Joe by pinfall with a Tidal Wave. (E+)

Idol and Bigelow had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler. (C-)

Main Show

Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler cut a promo hyping themselves. (B)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Tommy Rich defeated Tarzan Goto in 11:22 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. (D)

Tommy Rich comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that it is now his mission to make Phil Hickerson's life a living hell.
"Phil Hickerson, you're gonna get hurt, son!!" (D+)

Oliver Humperdink had an interview hyping Lord Humongous's upcoming singles match with Soul Train Jones. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lord Humongous defeated Soul Train Jones in 8:53 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lord Humongous wins the CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (E+) Having picked up the victory, Lord Humongous celebrates in the ring with his manager Oliver Humperdink (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler defeated Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow in 17:04 when Bill Dundee defeated Bam Bam Bigelow by pinfall with a Piledriver. (B-)

Having just picked up the victory, Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler go out into the crowd to celebrate with their people. (C+)

OVERALL - C+
TV Rating - 0.08

THOUGHTS That will teach me to not look at worker conflicts. Ted Dibiase was unavailable tonight due to working in AJPW, so I had to redo some of my card. He is also unavailable for the Sunday night CWA Final Cut, but I moved that event to Monday week 1 in June. I need that big main event tag match to happen.

Lord Humongous gets the CWA/AWA International Heavyweight Title in a bad match. Soul Train Jones' contract is up now, so I needed to get the belt off of him. Here is what the card looks like for Final Cut.

Jerry Lawler/Bill Dundee vs. One Man Gang/Ted Dibiase
Scott Steiner vs. Jonathon Boyd
Tommy Rich vs. Phil Hickerson
Steve Keirn vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Dirty Rhodes
Plus More
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Final Cut, Monday, Week 1, June 1987
Chattanooga, TN - ATTENDANCE 7755

Preshow

The cameras head backstage where they find Beulah McGillicutty and Brian Pillman engaged in an animated conversation. As soon as the two notice the camera, they hurry offscreen. (E-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Shima defeated Brian Pillman in 9:54 by pinfall with a Bridging Back Suplex. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated Gypsy Joe and King Cobra in 8:15 when Paul Diamond defeated King Cobra by submission. (E+)

Oliver Humperdink comes out to the ring, microphone in hand. He claims that his client, Lord Humongous, is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone. Humperdink then makes an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face Humongous in a singles match. (D+) Giant Hillbilly Elmer comes out and says that he will take the open challenge that Lord Humongous issued. (D) In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lord Humongous defeated Giant Hillbilly Elmer in 7:08 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lord Humongous makes defence number 1 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (E+) The match suffered because of the lack of selling.

A video plays hyping Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler vs. One Man Gang and DiBiase. (C)

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Phil Hickerson in 14:40 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. (D)

Jerry Lawler comes out to the podium and makes mention of how glad he is that his good friend Bill Dundee is back from injury. (C)

Jeff Jarrett cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Steve Keirn defeated Jeff Jarrett and Dirty Rhodes in 11:50 when Steve Keirn defeated Dirty Rhodes by submission. Steve Keirn makes defence number 3 of his NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D+) Rhodes was off his game tonight.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner drew with Jonathan Boyd in 16:10 following a double disqualification. (E+) The bell has sounded, yet Jonathan Boyd and Scott Steiner continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (D)

DiBiase and One Man Gang had an interview hyping his upcoming match against Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Brickhouse Brown defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 15:55 by pinfall with a fast roll up. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Rocky Johnson in 17:02 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase defeated Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler in 22:28 when Ted DiBiase defeated Jerry Lawler by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. During the match we also had Bill Dundee turn on Lawler. One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase make defence number 1 of their CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (B-)

Having just picked up the victory, Dundee and DiBiase celebrate in the ring with One Man Gang. (C-)

OVERALL - C+

THOUGHTS Unfortunately, Dundee's turn went badly, as he turns out to be the third member of the group. My other storylines aren't going so well either, as I still struggle to get anything above a D in the midcard. The Keirn/Jarrett/Rhodes match was actually my best midcard match, even though Rhodes was off his game. This was his big match, and he didn't come through.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 1, June 1987
Montgomery, Alabama
ATTENDANCE - 6786

Preshow

The cameras head backstage where they find Downtown Bruno and Badd Company engaged in an animated conversation. It appears as if Downtown Bruno is pleading with Tanaka and Diamond, though the sound isn't clear.
As soon as the group notice the camera, they hurry offscreen. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated Brian Pillman and JT Southern in 8:03 when Pat Tanaka defeated Brian Pillman by pinfall with a Rolling Kick. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tarzan Goto defeated Giant Hillbilly Elmer in 8:49 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+) Elmer was visibly tiring near the end.

In an extremely poor match, King Cobra and Gypsy Joe defeated The Bruise Brothers in 5:47 when Gypsy Joe defeated Don Bruise by pinfall with a Knee Drop. (E)

A Video Recap of Somthing That Happend Earlier involving Bill Dundee, Jerry Lawler, One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase (C)

Main Show

Bill Dundee has a microphone, and reveals that it was he who hired Ted DiBiase to take out Jerry Lawler. (D+)

Bill Dundee is in the ring, and calls out Jerry Lawler to face him. As soon as Lawler appears he gets jumped by One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase, who had been lying in wait. The ambush leaves Jerry Lawler down and out. (C) Jerry Lawler is being attacked by Bill Dundee, Ted DiBiase and One Man Gang in the ring. Seeing the assault, Rockhouse come running in and fight all three of them off, saving Lawler from a serious beating. (D+)

We find Dirty Rhodes and Steve Keirn argueing about Jeff Jarrett (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Billy Travis & Jeff Jarrett defeated Steve Keirn and Dirty Rhodes in 9:24 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Steve Keirn by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Mr. Shima in 10:09 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee, Ted DiBiase and One Man Gang defeated Jerry Lawler and Rockhouse in 17:50 when Bill Dundee defeated Jerry Lawler by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C+)

FINAL RATING - C
TV Rating - 0.08

THOUGHTS A lot of the Bill Dundee segments were hurt by poor morale after his heel turn went bad. I hope to be able to build him up in time for the next big card.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am starting a GCW diary now and I blame you
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #24
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling Saturday Week 2, June 1987
Montgomery, AL
ATTENDANCE - 6519

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Brian Pillman and JT Southern defeated Badd Company in 8:11 when Brian Pillman defeated Pat Tanaka by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D)

Having just picked up the victory, Pillman and JT Southern celebrate in the ring with Beulah. (E)

Oliver Humperdink comes out to the podium, along with Lord Humongous. Humperdink hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Lord Humongous defeated Billy Joe Travis in 6:44 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lord Humongous makes defence number 2 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D-) Travis was exhausted by the end.

A Video Recap of Somthing That Happend Earlier involving Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee (C-)

Main Show

Jerry Lawler Is seen backstage looking for someone. (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Phil Hickerson in 11:43 by pinfall with a handful of tights. During the match we also had Jonathan Boyd distract S.Steiner. (D-) The cameras remain focused on the ring, where Scott Steiner and Jonathan Boyd engage in a tension-filled staredown. Neither give ground. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Jonathan Boyd in 10:17 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after a distraction from Scott Steiner. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Rocky Johnson in 16:38 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. During the match we also had Bill Dundee run in and attack Johnson. (C-)

Rocky Johnson is being helped back down the aisle by a team of officials and medics, having just suffered a defeat. Bill Dundee is in the ring with a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Johnson about the loss. Johnson tries to turn and go back and fight, but the officials heavily outnumber him and drag him backstage. (D)

The bell has sounded, yet Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee continue to do battle with each other all the way to a concession stand. There, the scene resembles the food fight in Animal House.
"By Golly, the mustard is being used! We've pandimonium, folks." (C)

FINAL RATING - C-; the show lost us popularity in 1 region.
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS The last card before our biggest card of the year, CWA No Limit left a little to be desired. The Steiner/Boyd program has fallen flat on its face and I need to end it ASAP.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
dfisher
High School JV

CWA No Limit I - Sunday, Week 2, June 1987
Myrtle Beach, SC
ATTENDANCE 6989

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Colorado Kid defeated Jack Hart in 5:32 by pinfall with a surprise cradle. (D-)
Having picked up the victory, The Colorado Kid goes out into the crowd to celebrate with his people. (E)

In an extremely poor match, Billy Joe Travis defeated The Hunter in 7:01 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+) Both were exhausted by the end.

Dirty Rhodes cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dirty Rhodes defeated King Cobra in 8:57 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

Idol and Bigelow had an interview hyping his upcoming tag match with Rockhouse. (D+) Idol came across well. Bigelow was underwhelming.

Main Show

Highlights of the recent event between Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler are played in a video package. (C)

Jeff Jarrett is interviewed backstage by Randy Hales, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Steve Keirn. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Steve Keirn in 12:02 by count out. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tommy Rich and The Trailblazers (Pillman and Southern) defeated Phil Hickerson and Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto in 12:10 when Brian Pillman defeated Tarzan Goto by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (D-)

Having just picked up the victory, Rich and Pillman celebrate in the ring with JT Southern. (E)

Bill Dundee had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jerry Lawler. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Jonathan Boyd in 14:35 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D)

Oliver Humperdink comes out to the ring, microphone in hand. He claims that his client, Lord Humongous, is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone. Humperdink then makes an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face Humongous in a singles match. (C-) Tommy Lane appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Lord Humongous, he'll face him in a match. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lord Humongous defeated Tommy Lane in 7:11 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lord Humongous makes defence number 3 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (E+)

Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bill Dundee. (C)

#1 CONTENDERS MATCHIn a match that had some good action and average heat, Rockhouse defeated Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow in 17:37 when Rocky Johnson defeated Bam Bam Bigelow by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (C) Having just picked up the victory, Rockhouse celebrate in the ring. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jerry Lawler defeated Bill Dundee in 27:14 by disqualification. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 3 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B-) The bell has sounded, yet Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (C-)

FINAL RATING - C

THOUGHTS - I orginally had the main event as a double DQ, but Lawler used a creative control clause to block it. That might be something to worry about later. Dundee and Lawler put on a pretty good match. Lawler is now involved in the top 10 matches in company history. Take Austin Idol out of the picture, and you have to go all the way to #19, One Man Gang vs. Rocky Johnson.

Speaking of Idol, he and Bigelow lose the #1 contender match to the tag titles. I intended to have Rockhouse vs. Gang/Dibiase here, but Dibiase wasn't available.

Johnathon Boyd is not good and is dangerously close to the cut line. The crowd is also reacting negatively to Lord Humongous.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling Saturday Week 3, June 1987
Chatanooga, TN
ATTENDANCE 7015

Preshow

In an extremely poor match, JT Southern defeated Miguel Perez Jr. in 5:49 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)

Jeff Jarrett comes to the ring and says he is tired of Steve Keirn running away from him. He challenges Steve Keirn to an I quit match. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Badd Company defeated Billy Joe Travis and Tommy Lane in 6:53 when Paul Diamond defeated Tommy Lane by submission. (D-)

Beulah McGillicutty comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. (C-)

In an extremely poor match, King Cobra defeated Boy Tony in 8:09 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D-)

Highlights of the recent bout between Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler are played in a video package. (C)

Main Show

Lance Russell hypes the upcoming match between Rockhouse and One Man Gang and DiBiase from the comfort of his announcers table. (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Austin Idol defeated Brian Pillman in 11:07 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (D+) Idol was off his game tonight.

Bill Dundee is looking for Jerry Lawler backstage but bumps into JT Southern and takes his rage out on him instead. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Tarzan Goto in 12:36 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (B-)

Jerry Lawler has an interview in which he flaunts his his vast superiority over Bill Dundee.
"Wooooooo! You know it, I know it, and the fat slobs in the audience know it: I can beat Bill Dundee any time of the day; any day of the week... cause I'm the Man." (B+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rockhouse defeated One Man Gang and Ted DiBiase in 16:56 when Rocky Johnson defeated One Man Gang by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. Rockhouse win the CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (C+) Having just picked up the victory, Rockhouse celebrate in the ring with Jerry Lawler. (C-)

OVERALL - C+ - This show increased our popularity in one region.
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS - Jerry Lawler carries Tarzan Goto to a B- match, our 9th best match in history. Lawler is a wrestling god, but it says a lot about Goto's potential as well to hold up his end of the bargain.

Idol/Pillman was a little disappointing for Idol. Pillman is still really raw, so it's not too suprising.

Miguel Perez Jr. starts with the company as a heel opener.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #27
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

I grew up watching Memphis Wrestling on WMC-TV. Enjoying reading this dynasty. Brings back alot of great memories. Back when wrestling meant something and Lawler was truly the King.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucking fypo View Post
I grew up watching Memphis Wrestling on WMC-TV. Enjoying reading this dynasty. Brings back alot of great memories. Back when wrestling meant something and Lawler was truly the King.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it so far. Trying to decide when to go for expansion to increase to cult.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #29
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 4, June 1987
Raleigh, NC
ATTENDANCE - 6764

Preshow

In an extremely poor match, JT Southern defeated Lou Winston in 7:19 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+) Winston was off his game tonight.

Paul E. Dangerously comes out and introduces his new client, Bam Bam Bigelow. Bigelow comes out, and they play to the crowd. (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Giant Hillbilly Elmer in 8:37 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

The cameras return to the podium, where Lance Russell and Dave Brown greet the audience. Russell starts it off by telling the viewers that Dave Brown has an important announcement...
"That's right, Russell", Dave Brown addresses with pride, "I am proud to announce that we have new Tag Team Champions: Rockhouse. They overcame the impossible by winning that title; a lot of people said it couldn't be done. We would like to congratulate their accomplishment." (D+)

Main Show

Jerry Lawler comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that he will never give up the trail in chasing down Bill Dundee.
"I've proven I can beat you, Bill Dundee. It's just a matter of time before I beat you again. I'll get what's mine, or I'll die trying." (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Jeff Jarrett in 14:45 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-)

Jeff Jarrett is walking back down the aisle, having just suffered a defeat. At the same time, Steve Keirn is making his entrance for the next match. As they pass Keirn clearly taunts Jarrett about the loss, which he is clearly not happy about. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Brian Pillman in 9:35 by pinfall. Steve Keirn makes defence number 4 of his NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D)

Steve Keirn appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Jeff Jarrett, he'll face him in a match. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Tommy Rich in 15:10 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-)

Tommy Rich is being attacked by Bill Dundee in the ring. Seeing the assault, Jerry Lawler comes running in and chases Dundee off, saving Rich from a serious beating. (D+)

FINAL RATING - C-; the show lost us popularity in one region.
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS - Pretty much as good as can be expected without Lawler getting in the ring. Jarrett/Idol was a nice surprise between the two of them. Jarrett will go after the NWA Mid-America title at CWA Fireworks in an I Quit match.

Keirn/Pillman wasn't too bad either for a mid-card bout. Pillman has lost a couple in a row against upper carders, so hopefully he doesn't lose morale.

I was a little disappointed in Dundee/Rich. Dundee has been hurt by poor morale due to his bad turn.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #30
dfisher
High School JV

JULY 1987 UPDATE

Prestige - 75.0%
Momentum - 82.8%
Money - 875,167

Popularity

SOUTHEAST - 60.6
GREAT LAKES - 31.5
MID-ATLANTIC - 20.0
MIDWEST - 17.3
PUERTO RICO - 16.8
MID SOUTH - 13.5
SOUTHWEST 13.5
NEW ENGLAND - 10.4
NORTHWEST - 10.4
TRI-STATE - 10.4
HAWAII - 6.7
ONTARIO (CANADA) - 5.0
THE PRAIRIES (CANADA) - 5.0
ALL OTHERS - 0.5

TITLES
AWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Jerry Lawler - 3 defenses
PRESTIGE - 94.1

CWA UNIFIED TAG TEAM TITLES - Rockhouse (Rocky Johnson and Brickhouse Brown) - 0 defenses
PRESTIGE - 63.9

CWA/AWA INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Lord Humongous - 3 defenses
PRESTIGE - 60.1

NWA MID-AMERICA HEAVYWEIGHT: Steve Keirn - 4 defenses
PRESTIGE - 54.8

So all my titles except the main one lose some prestige.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 1, July 1987
Richmond, KY
ATTENDANCE - 6256

Backstage Incident

Jerry Lawler has taken Jeff Jarrett under his wing as a protege. How to insure a push: be the owner's son and the protege of the company's star.

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Brickhouse Brown defeated Miguel Perez Jr. in 7:57 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

Rockhouse cut a promo hyping themselves. (C-)

In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated Boy Tony in 8:56 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (E+) Having picked up the victory, Beulah McGillicutty celebrates in the ring with her manager Brian Pillman (E)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Austin Idol defeated The Colorado Kid in 8:20 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (D+) The match was too long given the participants.

Austin Idol cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (C)

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lord Humongous defeated JT Southern in 6:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lord Humongous makes defence number 4 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (D)

In a grand display of brutality, Oliver Humperdink orders his client, Lord Humongous to attack an unaware JT Southern. (D) Southern performed poorly. JT Southern is being attacked by Humongous and Humperdink in the ring. Seeing the assault, Brian Pillman comes running in and fights them both off, saving JT Southern from a serious beating. (E+)

Jerry Lawler cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Mr. Shima in 14:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 4 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Tommy Rich in 18:22 by pinfall with a Small Package. The match also had a lot of interference: Austin Idol targeted Rich, Bam Bam Bigelow attacked Rich, and finally Dirty Rhodes interfered against Rich. (D+)

Tommy Rich is being attacked by Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow, Dirty Rhodes and Bill Dundee. Out from the back come Jerry Lawler, Brickhouse Brown and Rocky Johnson, who hit the ring to make the save. This triggers an eight man brawl, which has to be separated by a whole team of officials and other wrestlers. (C-)

OVERALL - C-; the show lost us popularity in one region.
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS Bill Dundee has been a flop since his turn. I should have swapped the Lawler/Dundee matches in the order; that probably would have gotten me up to C.

Lawler just carries this company. He and Mr. Shima just put on the 8th best match in company history, giving Lawler the top 12 matches. He will hopefully be involved in the top 13, since he will be joining Rich and Rockhouse against Rhodes, Idol, Bigelow, and Dundee in a War Games match at Fireworks.

Pillman's segments were a little disappointing. He shot up to a midcarder pretty quickly, but his segments today weren't so good. So far CWA Fireworks has the following card:

Jeff Jarrett vs. Steve Keirn
Brian Pillman vs. Lord Humongous
Idol/Bigelow/Rhodes/Dundee vs. Lawler/Johnson/Brown/Rich in a War Games match

I think that card will be held in the Great Lakes region. I'm going to try to build that one up a little to expand my TV show into the Great Lakes. That will allow me to get to cult.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #32
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling Saturday, Week 2, July 1987
Bristol, TN
ATTENDANCE - 5000 (SOLD OUT)

Preshow

Jeff Jarrett is interviewed backstage by Randy Hales, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Steve Keirn. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Pat Tanaka in 8:04 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D+)

Brian Pillman comes to the ring and challenges Lord Humongous to a match. (E)

Tarzan Goto and Mr. Shima are seen talking backstage (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated Rock 'n' Roll RPMs in 9:49 when Mr. Shima defeated Tommy Lane by pinfall with a Bridging Back Suplex. (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Tommy Rich defeated Dirty Rhodes in 12:37 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. (D+)

Main Show

Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow, Dirty Rhodes and Bill Dundee come out to the podium and proclaim themselves the buttered side of the toast. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Brickhouse Brown in 11:57 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-)

Steve Keirn is interviewed backstage by Randy Hales, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Jeff Jarrett. (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Austin Idol defeated Rocky Johnson in 14:12 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C)

Jerry Lawler, Brickhouse Brown, Rocky Johnson and Tommy Rich come out to the podium and proclaim themselves the buttered side of the toast. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jerry Lawler defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 14:46 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 5 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B-)

OVERALL - C
TV RATING - 0.08

THOUGHTS - This show was obviously about building to the War Games match at CWA Fireworks tomorrow night. Really, the only thing holding it back was the weak promos from the two teams. Otherwise, all the matches were decent, with the weakest on the preshow.

Meanwhile, Mr. Shima and Tarzan Goto continue to impress.

After the show, Bigelow tests positive for soft drug use. I give him a stern warning, which he appears to not take seriously.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #33
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Fireworks - Sunday, Week 2, July 1987
Evansville, IN
ATTENDANCE - 1297

Backstage Incident

Before the show, I finalize details on signing Rick Rude to an Upper Midcard heel position. Of course, on his first show, he instigates a fight with Lou Winston. I read Rude the riot act, and he replies with "Whatever" and took a hit to his morale.

Preshow

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Rick Rude defeated Gypsy Joe in 7:25 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (E+) Rude's "Ravishing" gimmick receives a C+. Rick Rude celebrates by striking poses to each side of the ring. After each pose, the immortal Rick Rude calls out for the screams of the fans. And he gets them. (D)

In an extremely poor match, The Bruise Brothers defeated King Cobra and The Colorado Kid in 6:48 when Don Bruise defeated The Colorado Kid by pinfall with a Big Boot. (E-)

In an extremely poor match, Giant Hillbilly Elmer defeated Miguel Perez Jr. in 7:17 by pinfall with a Standing Splash. (F+)

Beulah McGillicutty comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. (D+) This segment lifted the crowd.

Main Show

A video plays hyping Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bill Dundee and Dirty Rhodes vs. Jerry Lawler, Brickhouse Brown, Tommy Rich and Rocky Johnson (D-)

In an extremely poor match, Jeff Jarrett defeated Steve Keirn in 17:07 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Jeff Jarrett wins the NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (E) Having picked up the victory, Jeff Jarrett celebrates in the ring. (F+)

Oliver Humperdink had an interview hyping Lord Humongous's upcoming singles match with Brian Pillman. (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Lord Humongous defeated Brian Pillman in 10:04 by pinfall with a Piledriver after Oliver Humperdink interfered. Lord Humongous makes defence number 5 of his CWA/AWA International Heavyweight title. (E+)

Scott Steiner had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Brian Knobbs. (D-) The performance of Steiner was good. In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Scott Steiner defeated Brian Knobbs in 8:50 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D+) This match lifted the crowd.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated JT Southern and Billy Joe Travis in 10:03 when Mr. Shima defeated JT Southern by pinfall with a Bridging Back Suplex. (E+)

Lawler and Johnson and Brown and Rich Hype their upcoming handicap match against Idol and Bigelow and Dundee and Dirty Rhodes (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow, Dirty Rhodes and Bill Dundee defeated Jerry Lawler, Tommy Rich and Rockhouse in 33:04 when Bill Dundee defeated Brickhouse Brown by submission. (C) Bigelow took a crazy bump during the match.

OVERALL - D+ This show raised our popularity in 1 region.

THOUGHTS This was the first show I ran outside the home region, and I must say it was successful. The main event was fantastic. I should have changed the order of Steiner/Knobbs and the tag match, but Shima/Goto have been putting on better matches than Steiner. I should have remembered that Steiner wrestles in the Great Lakes more often.

I was very disappointed in the Keirn/Jarrett match. Jarrett is probably unknown to the region so I shouldn't be too surprised. After the grade that one received, I was expecting the worst from Pillman/Humongous, but it actually was a better match. I thought about changing the belt in that one as well, but Jarrett holding a belt as a rookie is enough for now.

Despite the backstage headaches he caused, it was a great debut for Rick Rude, who should add some fresh blood to the upper card scene.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 3, July 1987
Charleston, SC
ATTENDANCE - 6000 (Sold Out)

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated The Trailblazers in 11:03 when Mr. Shima defeated JT Southern by pinfall with a Bridging Back Suplex. (D) Having just picked up the victory, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto celebrate in the ring. (D-)

Scott Steiner is shown backstage powerlifting a huge weight in order to show his incredible physical strength. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Jack Hart in 10:28 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D)

In an extremely poor match, Brian Knobbs defeated Mark Starr in 6:23 by submission. (E)

The cameras return to the podium, where Dave Brown and Lance Russell greet the audience. Dave Brown starts it off by telling the viewers that Russell has an important announcement...
"That's right, Dave Brown", Lance Russell addresses with pride, "I am proud to announce that we have a new NWA Mid-American Champion: Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett overcame the impossible by winning that title, and we would like to congratulate his accomplishment." (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Jonathan Boyd in 11:01 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Jeff Jarrett makes defence number 1 of his NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D-)

Main Show

Rick Rude cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Billy Joe Travis in 8:30 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (D) Travis was exhausted by the end.

Bill Dundee had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jerry Lawler at CWA Destiny Calls. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rockhouse defeated Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow in 16:36 when Bam Bam Bigelow was disqualified while fighting Brickhouse Brown due to interference by Paul E. Dangerously. Rockhouse make defence number 1 of their CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (C+)

The bell has sounded, yet Idol and Bigelow and Rockhouse continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (D+)

Jerry Lawler comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that he will never give up the trail in chasing down Bill Dundee.
"I've proven I can beat you, Bill Dundee. It's just a matter of time before I beat you again. I'll get what's mine, or I'll die trying." (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Dirty Rhodes in 14:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 6 of his AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (B-)

OVERALL - C+; This show increased our popularity in one region.
TV Ratings - 0.08

THOUGHTS - Lawler pulls out another good match out of an upper midcarder who hasn't come close to that level with anyone else. His feud with Dundee will wrap up at Destiny Calls, which will feature a Royal Rumble style match.

Rockhouse finally defended the tag belts and won via DQ. I'm doing what I can with Bigelow, who has Dangerously as his manager and is tagging with Idol, but he continues to underperform in his angles.

Rude continues to impress. He will be a force to be reckoned with if he can keep his head on straight.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #35
dfisher
High School JV

CWA Championship Wrestling - Saturday, Week 4, July 1987
Savannah, GA
ATTENDANCE - 6000 (SOLD OUT)

Backstage Incident

Scott Steiner provoked, and then attacked Rick Rude prior to the show. Since Steiner has now tested positive twice for steroids and now attacked Rude, I tell him this is his last chance.

Preshow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Keirn defeated Tommy Lane in 7:34 by pinfall. (D)

Randy Hales is in the ring with Bambi and Beulah McGillicutty. He leads them through a standard bikini contest - taking turns to wow the audience - before letting the crowd decide who wins. Beulah is announced as the winner, which Bambi looks very unhappy about. (D-)

In an extremely poor match, The Trailblazers defeated Big Bubba & Goliath in 6:42 when Brian Pillman defeated Goliath by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (E)

The cameras return to the ring, where Rick Rude puts on a demonstration of his cast iron stomach. Rude lays to the side of a 6 foot ladder, which The Colorado Kid climbs. When the signal is given, Colorado Kid leaps off of the ladder and crash lands on Rick Rude's abdomen.
Rick Rude quickly stands up and signals that the blow didn't hurt one bit.
(E+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated The Colorado Kid in 6:41 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (D)

Jerry Lawler and Scott Steiner are seen talking backstage (C-) Lawler looked good, while Steiner underperformed.

Main Show

Jerry Lawler challenges Bill Dundee to a Falls Count Anywhere match at Destiny Calls, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his title on the line in the match. (B-)

Russell and Dave Brown Hype the upcoming match between Rockhouse and Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Phil Hickerson in 8:36 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Jeff Jarrett makes defence number 2 of his NWA Mid-America Heavyweight title. (D-)

Bill Dundee had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jerry Lawler. (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto defeated Rockhouse in 15:52 when Mr. Shima defeated Brickhouse Brown by pinfall with a Bridging Back Suplex. During the match we also had Austin Idol run in and attack Johnson. Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto win the CWA Unified Tag Team titles. (C)

Idol and Bigelow have microphones, and proceed to taunt Rockhouse, calling them names and generally acting like they're totally unafraid. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Bill Dundee defeated Jerry Lawler, Tommy Rich and Scott Steiner in 17:16 when Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Jerry Lawler by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (C+)

FINAL RATING - C; The Colorado Kid was used too much.
TV RATING - 0.07

THOUGHTS Wow, the tag title match was a very pleasant surprise. Goto/Shima win the tag belts back (they started with 1/2 of the Unified titles). The two Japanese continue to impress. They'll probably never be main eventers, but I would definitely like to keep them around in the midcard for a long time.

The main event was a better match, but I am completely frustrated with Steiner. Part of the reason I got him was to start going into the Great Lakes, but I don't know if I can put up with his attitude much longer.