Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #1501
hoopsguy
General Manager

Turquoise blade = Jedi, per the Wikipedia entry.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #1502
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
It doesn't sound like he's evil by any stretch. Especially compared to Dubb's death. What I mainly was wondering is if he wasn't someone aligned with the Jedi, but not a Jedi. The mention that his saber skills weren't equal to yours sort of implies that as well.

True, that could be. He could also have been one of the introspective Jedi. They can all wield a weapon, but some are much more combat-oriented than others. One's skills within the Force aren't always on the military side.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #1503
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
It doesn't look good for SnDvls tomorrow. I think he is being sacrificed by the DM for the mistake.

To me, that means that there are more than two Siths out there.

Could you clarify this please? I'm not clear on what you're saying.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #1504
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
True, that could be. He could also have been one of the introspective Jedi. They can all wield a weapon, but some are much more combat-oriented than others. One's skills within the Force aren't always on the military side.

Yes, but is desperation an emotion of the Jedi? Doesn't really matter in the end I suppose as I think he was good, Jedi or no.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #1505
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Could you clarify this please? I'm not clear on what you're saying.

Unless I missed something, does the DM possess the power to change a vote unilaterally? If not, then I'm way off base. I'm not clear on the tie breaking procedures.

If I'm not off base, then the outing of the vote change would seem to imply an evil force, since the person killed was a Jedi. If there were more than two Sith in the game, then the sacrifice of the DM of one of them as an apology for the time extension would not impact the game, since so many Jedi have fallen.

That was my reasoning behind the statement, since there was discussion earlier about the number of Sith in the game.

edited to clarify my thoughts about the possibility of a DM sacrifice
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 03-08-2006 at 09:41 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #1506
kingfc22
Head Coach

IMO, the person who is controlling the vote switching is a Sith.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #1507
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Unless I missed something, does the DM possess the power to change a vote unilaterally? If so, then I'm way off base. I'm not clear on the tie breaking procedures.

If I'm not off base, then the outing of the vote change would seem to imply an evil force, since the person killed was a Jedi. If there were more than two Sith in the game, then the sacrifice of the DM of one of them as an apology for the time extension would not impact the game, since so many Jedi have fallen.

That was my reasoning behind the statement, since there was discussion earlier about the number of Sith in the game.

So you think SnDvls is a Sith?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #1508
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
So you think SnDvls is a Sith?

If he was able to change his vote via a PM, then yes.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #1509
Desnudo
Coordinator

Interesting, I hadn't thought about that.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #1510
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm guessing that the vote change was put in when Saldana wasn't around earlier, which is why he was asking people to clean out their PMs. I don't think this condemns SnDvls any more than it does Ardent. Although it is easier for the 2nd person to use this excuse, since Ardent already gave him the framework of the PM to quote.

In other words, I think it is much more likely that SnDvls is playing a bluff here than it is that Saldana is sacrificing him to clean up his mistake.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #1511
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, but is desperation an emotion of the Jedi? Doesn't really matter in the end I suppose as I think he was good, Jedi or no.

I think he was good.

Technically, the Jedi aren't supposed to give sway to emotion in the first place. All of it is dangerous, because it leads to entanglements.

But desperation is also fear after a fashion. Remember Luke flipping out over Leia and Han and leaving training with Master Yoda to try and save them? That was desperation, fear for their lives, that drove him to leave.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #1512
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think everyone needs to remember that at times real life gets in the way.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #1513
kingfc22
Head Coach

Right now I feel uneasy about Desnudo, path aka Barkeep, and Hoops. I'm not sure if I buy his reveal and why wouldn't the Sith kill him off if he really is a Jedi and let us kill stkelly tomorrow. As a bad guy, you usually want to leave the players with the unknown roles around and if Hoops did turn out good we would probably have gone after stkelly tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #1514
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I think he was good.

Technically, the Jedi aren't supposed to give sway to emotion in the first place. All of it is dangerous, because it leads to entanglements.

But desperation is also fear after a fashion. Remember Luke flipping out over Leia and Han and leaving training with Master Yoda to try and save them? That was desperation, fear for their lives, that drove him to leave.

To expand on this: that wasn't a Dark Side emotion, but it ultimately put an emotionally vulnerable Luke in a position where Darth Vader was able to emotionally torment him in an effort to turn him.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #1515
KWhit
Coordinator

So sndvls' vote change saved Hoops, right? Or it possibly saved him since we aren't sure about the tiebreaker.

That throws suspicion on Hoops, but maybe the Sith are just trying to distract us.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #1516
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Unless I missed something, does the DM possess the power to change a vote unilaterally? If not, then I'm way off base. I'm not clear on the tie breaking procedures.

Another possibility: both are Jedi, but saldana chose to sacrifice stkelly as an apology to Hoops for forcing his hand. It doesn't necesarily have to be an apology to one team or the other.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #1517
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Right now I feel uneasy about Desnudo, path aka Barkeep, and Hoops. I'm not sure if I buy his reveal and why wouldn't the Sith kill him off if he really is a Jedi and let us kill stkelly tomorrow. As a bad guy, you usually want to leave the players with the unknown roles around and if Hoops did turn out good we would probably have gone after stkelly tomorrow.

Yeah, I think if Hoops were a Jedi, the Sith would just let the votes stand. It would have been Jedi vs. Jedi.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #1518
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Yeah, I think if Hoops were a Jedi, the Sith would just let the votes stand. It would have been Jedi vs. Jedi.
And Hoops was calling out for the bodyguard to protect him, if he was a Sith he could choose to no kill and make it look like he was saved.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #1519
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, I can't tell you how to react to my reveal. I would have given it a little before the deadline if the vote swings had not come in with less than a minute to go.

But if you believe I'm lying, then do you really think that I planted info in Post #1304 for a fake reveal on some later date? I'm not that clever, although I do plan to put that idea into the arsenal for future games.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #1520
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hoops - Do you have any thoughts on Desnudo and/or Path/Barkeep?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #1521
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, if the bodyguard protects me and the Sith come after me, then we would likely see a battle like we did on Night 2. It wouldn't be a no-action night, unless they decide to not attack at all.

As far as why they would move the vote between me and stkelly, I don't know. I wish I had a better answer. But I feel like I've been getting worked over pretty good all game long.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #1522
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

I had to step out to take care of the kids just after 6:30, and this was the first chance that I had to come back.

Well this kind of sucks, but I figured that it would end this way once I had all those votes for me earlier. I got my hopes up just before the close of the original vote time, but oh well.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #1523
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, Path/Barkeep is the person that I thought was the Master Sith if Taz is the Apprentice (again, assuming two Sith model).

Everyone has pointed to the AE/Hoops/Ardent triangle for the past four days. But it has pretty much become the AE/Hoops since Barkeep dropped out.
- Path was one of the first to move the vote away from Taz yesterday.
- Barkeep (was still him at this time) left his vote on Taz during Day 4. If he loses his apprentice it at least buys him some cover in terms of voting records. And he moves Ardent's vote over to try and steer the results
- Barkeep put significant pressure on me earlier in the game, but backed off (and Path has followed suit) when they realized that having me alive gave them cover

Voting Record:
D1: Qwik (Jedi)
D2: Lathum (Jedi)
D3: Ardent (not Dubb)
D4: Taz (explained above)
D5: Tangle (Jedi, explained above)
D6: StKelly (Jedi)

Overall, his voting record isn't horrible as he has only voted for four dead Jedi, plus Ardent and Taz. But if you accept that AE = Jedi, then I think he has voted for 5 Jedi and his apprentice.

Finally, the Sith are just destroying us - 11 dead Jedi, 0 Sith, Dubb as an evil, and another likely Jedi kill tonight. Barkeep is the only person left that I give credit for being able to pull this off. No offense intended towards anyone else here with that comment, but he is an experienced, tricky player.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #1524
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think Desnudo is Jedi. I'll post on everyone at this point, if you don't think that my trust list is helping the Sith choose their target list for tonight.

At this point I'm not counting on being around tomorrow so consider me an open book for any questions over the next 45 minutes or so before I crash for the night.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #1525
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Hoops - Do you have any thoughts on Desnudo and/or Path/Barkeep?

That's a rather ominous post. I can assure that I am a jedi. I have done my best to ensure that those I believe to be jedi stay alive, absent of any information to root out the Sith. I'd invite a seer scan, but I don't suppose that comment will sway you in one way or the other.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #1526
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looks like everyone packed it in early tonight.

Distrust List: Taz, Barkeep/Path, KWhit, and SnDvls

I think two of these four are Sith. I feel pretty good about the rest of the group, which at that point means: AE, Desnudo, Gram, Sack, Cartman, and King (listed roughly in order, Gram/Sack are about the same for me) make up my trust list. King would be the swing vote in this group.

I thought there were more people left when I started typing this list. Depressing how few names are left at this point with no dead Sith.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #1527
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So if you think I'm the apprentice and barkeep/path is the master, why the heck have you been voting for me first? Wouldn't you go after the head and not the tail of the snake?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #1528
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mostly because I was still trying to make sense of Day 4. I'm not positive this is right - my track record this game is just as lousy as everyone else's. But unless I learn something else tonight I'm planning to vote Barkeep tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #1529
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
OK, looks like everyone packed it in early tonight.

Distrust List: Taz, Barkeep/Path, KWhit, and SnDvls

I think two of these four are Sith. I feel pretty good about the rest of the group, which at that point means: AE, Desnudo, Gram, Sack, Cartman, and King (listed roughly in order, Gram/Sack are about the same for me) make up my trust list. King would be the swing vote in this group.

I thought there were more people left when I started typing this list. Depressing how few names are left at this point with no dead Sith.

Only thing I'm master of is voting the wrong people.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #1530
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Mostly because I was still trying to make sense of Day 4. I'm not positive this is right - my track record this game is just as lousy as everyone else's. But unless I learn something else tonight I'm planning to vote Barkeep tomorrow.

Also, could we really start referring to me as path instead of Barkeep? I'd appreciate it. It starts to make a guy feel not there.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #1531
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Also, could we really start referring to me as path instead of Barkeep? I'd appreciate it. It starts to make a guy feel not there.

Sorry path, but it's funny. I mean no malice by this post, especially since it's basically what I was thinking as I read the few posts before it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #1532
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Wow, this game is a freaking roller coaster. Hoops reveal seems pretty realistic to me at this point. I want to see where the group goes with their votes tomorrow, but Hoops post #1523 seems to make alot of sense to me....
Old 03-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #1533
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
If he was able to change his vote via a PM, then yes.

this is the same thing that happened to Ardent. I got a PM saying the last thing I remember is someone in a hooded cloak telling me that I didn't want to vote king I wanted to vote stkelly. I'm not a sith, someone took over my mind and made me change my vote. Just like Ardent had to do with Qwik & Taz.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #1534
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd believe Sndvls...if it's something he wanted to do, then I think Sndvls would just have to post it.

I think Saldana posting it makes sndvls story believable.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #1535
saldana
Pro Starter

Confusion reigns after the end of the day yesterday. You all return to your rooms trying to make sense of the flurry of events that came as night fell. As the night stretches on, you begin to think and hope that the Sith have failed again this evening, but just as morning breaks, the disturbance that you have come to dread hits you like Star Destroyer.

Once again, there is a rush of people towards the galley area, and once again, the twin scarlet blades are lit, this time the whirling dervish that is the Sith is battling a luminescent violet lightsaber. The deep purple blade seems to be holding its own against the crimson onslaught, the regally purple weapon being masterfully wielded by Desnudo. "You may strike me down, Sith", Desnudo hisses through clenched teeth,"but the rest of the Jedi will find you eventually, even without my help, and your fate will not be pleasant". The Sith laughs his evil "bwahahahaaha" and presses the attack again.

The battle seems to me moving at a rather even exchange for several minutes when the Sith uses a well placed kick to Desnudo's knee to knock him off balance and turn sideways to his left, exposing his unguarded back to the Sith. With a lightning fast clockwise spin, the Sith brings both scarlet blades around in a deadly pivot, one slicing clean through Desnudo at the waist, the other at the neck, transecting Des into 3 neat little pieces.

night 6 is over, it is now day 7. voting deadline is 9:30pm (no really, i mean it. no, i am serious about this today, 9:30, i swear)

Last edited by saldana : 03-09-2006 at 10:18 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #1536
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well. Des was evil. Nice.

VOTE...path.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #1537
Poli
FOFC Survivor

On 2nd read, maybe he wasn't. What color was dubb's blade?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #1538
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE GRAMMATICUS
Old 03-09-2006, 10:10 AM   #1539
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
The battle seems to me moving at a rather even exchange for several minutes when the Sith uses a well placed kick to Desnudo's knee to knock him off balance and turn sideways to his left, exposing his unguarded back to the Sith. With a lightning fast clockwise spin, the Sith brings both scarlet blades around in a deadly pivot, one slicing clean through Desnudo at the waist, the other at the neck, transecting Des into 3 neat little pieces.

I began to read this as Des was evil but the underlined part (mine) confuses me. should it read jedi Saldana? and it's just a typo
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #1540
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - never mind Ardent had me confused by thinkg Des was evil
Old 03-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #1541
path12
Coordinator

I have no idea where I'm going today, but I am aware that I've moved way up the list and perhaps deservedly so, since I was on both Tangle and stkelly early and was wrong both times.......so there's not really any great defense that I can provide, especially since there is no role to reveal except a regular Jedi.

So all I would ask for those of you who would like to vote me is to take five minutes or so and look back through my posts (and Barkeep's for that matter) so far this game and just read through them using the assumption that I am telling the truth. If you do, I believe you will see that although I've been very mistaken, I have been working with the rest of you to sniff out the Sith. If you don't agree after that, vote away. In Jedi tradition, I will offer no resistance.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #1542
saldana
Pro Starter

the night post has been edited slightly to provide a clearer picture
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #1543
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
VOTE GRAMMATICUS

Any reason for this vote?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #1544
hoopsguy
General Manager

Violet lightsaber - not found in the Wikipedia entry.

Purple = Jedi.

Finally, why would the Sith kill a Sith? I'm not sure what role Desnudo played, but I would be just stunned if the Sith are killing their own.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #1545
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Violet lightsaber - not found in the Wikipedia entry.

Purple = Jedi.

Finally, why would the Sith kill a Sith? I'm not sure what role Desnudo played, but I would be just stunned if the Sith are killing their own.

What does that have to do with Gramm?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #1546
hoopsguy
General Manager

I wanted to vote for Grammaticus (sigh).
Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #1547
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

vote KingFC

He has been playing very quietly this game and has been able to stay under the group's radar for the most part.

With Des's death, I went back to look and saw that Des had some supicions of him, at least enough to vote for him in post #1410 (which he later unvoted because there wasn't enough support to actually lynch him). I'd like to hear what others think of Kingfc. I know SnDvls seems to also have some suspicions towards Kingfc (#1402).
Old 03-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #1548
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wanted to vote for Grammaticus (sigh).

Are you saying you were forced to vote for him?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #1549
Desnudo
Coordinator

Oh man. Good luck guys.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #1550
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
vote KingFC

He has been playing very quietly this game and has been able to stay under the group's radar for the most part.

With Des's death, I went back to look and saw that Des had some supicions of him, at least enough to vote for him in post #1410 (which he later unvoted because there wasn't enough support to actually lynch him). I'd like to hear what others think of Kingfc. I know SnDvls seems to also have some suspicions towards Kingfc (#1402).

mine is pretty much the same as yours. once he got called on it late last night he had a lot of posts that AE commented on. that's where I'm leaning again today.