Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #751
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've explained myself the best I can. I've shown you the PMs I sent. I didn't mention any fleet of foot thing in my PMs because I didn't need to.I am not the athlete. I am not a pirate.

Something happened. Barkeep flubbed, maybe. He's done it once with the PM he sent to pennywisesb.

That said, I'm done. I won't mess with this game anymore. I'm not going to get frustrated in this game by trying to convince you otherwise.

Good luck, and I hope one of you is happy with the gold I sent you.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #752
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I've explained myself the best I can. I've shown you the PMs I sent. I didn't mention any fleet of foot thing in my PMs because I didn't need to.I am not the athlete. I am not a pirate.

Something happened. Barkeep flubbed, maybe. He's done it once with the PM he sent to pennywisesb.

That said, I'm done. I won't mess with this game anymore. I'm not going to get frustrated in this game by trying to convince you otherwise.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #753
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Well one of the pirates can bail one out, which is what I'm assuming happened. So it may be worthless putting Blade back in until we figure out who else is a pirate.

I think they may only be able to bail him out for free once:

Swashbuckler role: Friend with the Foes -- This Pirate through his debonair attitude will once per game be able to bail any person out of jail, including himself, for free.

So -- if they want to keep bailing him out, it's going to get a lot tougher for them to hire mercenaries.

Woot! I knew he was bad.

VOTE BLADE
Old 02-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #754
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

Well, I don't know how to respond to that. Dude, it's a game. And really, you've been playing this long enough to know that the suspicion of you is perfectly legit from our viewpoint.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #755
path12
Coordinator

So, what about Desnudo? He was found to the SE in E5. Anyone see him?

Only person I saw this turn was Grammaticus as I moved to D3.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #756
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I went west this time and did not see anyone. Great job on tagging Blade as a pirate Hoops. Looks as though we could possibly be on to two different pirates by the end of day 2! Keep it up.

Vote Blade

I like KWit's plan. If they have to keep wasting AP to bail Blade out, plus us GPs, I think it will become alot safer around here, especially in the far out regions.....
Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #757
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

*us=use
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #758
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Officials say that they are not concerned that Blade was released from jail yesterday either.

"The man just didn't belong there," one police officer said.[/color][/b
Hoops is lying to you guys, im good...ive gone through this like 20 times...if you dont believe barkeep you will never believe me...he obviously is a pirate who never viewed me and just said i was a pirate to cover himself up. I know hes lying, barkeep basically said he was, and you should all listen to me.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

And i would like to thank the person that freed me. I knew my trust in you wasnt unfounded yesterday...hopefully i can help a bit today before they wrongfully jail me again
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #759
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hoops is lying to you guys, im good...ive gone through this like 20 times...if you dont believe barkeep you will never believe me...he obviously is a pirate who never viewed me and just said i was a pirate to cover himself up. I know hes lying, barkeep basically said he was, and you should all listen to me.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

And i would like to thank the person that freed me. I knew my trust in you wasnt unfounded yesterday...hopefully i can help a bit today before they wrongfully jail me again

Blade, you're off your usual game here. There's so much wrong with that:

1) It costs 7 GP to bail someone out -- I don't believe anyone had that much money after day 1.
2) The only other person who could have bailed you out was the swashbuckler pirate -- who is either you or would only do it if you were a fellow pirate.
3) You STILL haven't explained what you really did morning 1.

Do I really need to go on?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #760
saldana
Pro Starter

B

S

vote blade
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #761
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Bullpuke, the only one that could free ya would'a been the pirate, or someone with 7 gold, and even 1 piece o' lint be too good to set you go. You go right back in tha brig.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #762
saldana
Pro Starter

heres my take on blade....he is doing exactly what he did last game....asking us to believe a bunch of crap that we have absolutley no way of confirming (what square sun was actually in) while spouting about his tremendous importance to us, and how much of a mistake we are all making....how much does the gun cost?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #763
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Blade, you're off your usual game here. There's so much wrong with that:

1) It costs 7 GP to bail someone out -- I don't believe anyone had that much money after day 1.
2) The only other person who could have bailed you out was the swashbuckler pirate -- who is either you or would only do it if you were a fellow pirate.
3) You STILL haven't explained what you really did morning 1.

Do I really need to go on?
Not at all, you are set in your ways and thats all fine and dandy. College has dramatically interefered with my game this time, and i wont be in the next one at the least...i didnt study the rules the way i should have and made a mistake. Im just telling you what you should really be doing...You should lynch hoops(i know he is after last night) and kwhit(i just know he is too)....you should stay away from kingfc and schmidty...just telling you so when you realize whats going on you guys have a direct path to follow instead of running around all confused.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #764
path12
Coordinator

So it looks like either Blade is the swashbuckler and set himself free, or the swashbuckler set him free and a third pirate followed Desnudo in the opposite direction from the jail and killed him. I'm not sure if they would have been able to double back after freeing Blade and get Des.

How about anyone who moved west toward the police station? Did you see anyone? It may be the swashbuckler.....
Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #765
KWhit
Coordinator

It would be a really really bad strategy for a TH to unilaterally release Blade even if he knew Blade was a good guy. The fact that he's running free tells me even more certainly that he is a pirate.

Why? Because now we're just going to vote him back in. If a TH knows that Blade is good and that's why he freed him, come forward with everything you know NOW or we're gonna waste a vote.

Otherwise, Blade goes back in the clink.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #766
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i didnt study the rules the way i should have and made a mistake.

What do you mean by this?

Exactly what mistake did you make?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #767
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
What do you mean by this?

Exactly what mistake did you make?
I didnt want the wolves to know what i actually did, so i said i dug 3 times and used my actual gold total of 1. I had never read that each dig got the same amount of gold or i would have said i got 3. Rookie mistake, i made it, and im paying the price.
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #768
KWhit
Coordinator

But you still haven't explained what you did.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #769
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

ooc: Blade reminds me of Blair in The Thing...

There are a few probabilities to Blade's release:

1. Blade afforded bail
2. A fellow Treasure Hunter afforded bail
3. Swashbuckler freed him
4. Blade freed himself

I doubt #1, I strongly doubt #2...wouldn't he know who set bail for him? #4 present the case that Blade is the Swashbuckler; #3 implicates Blade as a pirate /unless/ the Pirates freed him to cause suspicion and make us waste another day voting him back in the brig.

The fly in the ointment is that we have Hoops stating what he is.

So now, we have to decide whether Hoops is forthright, or that Blade is.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #770
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I didnt want the wolves to know what i actually did, so i said i dug 3 times and used my actual gold total of 1. I had never read that each dig got the same amount of gold or i would have said i got 3. Rookie mistake, i made it, and im paying the price.

There really wasn't much any of us could do on day 1 that needed to be such a big secret from the pirates. We didn't have any money or equipment. So you watched someone, or hid or dug if you were a treasure hunter.

That's why your secrecy is what damned you, especially when you said you were just an athlete.

And again, you still haven't said what exactly you did. So in my mind the only big secret you could have had is that you killed Sun.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #771
Blade6119
Coordinator

AP1:HIDE
AP2:MOVE to C5
AP:HIDE
AP4:Watch anyone in C5(conditional order)
AP5IG

I got 1 gold, on my AP4 watch i saw Sndvls moving to C6, with someone behind him aways...that how i know he died in C6, as he moved there on AP4. While watching sndvls i saw the person following(not his identity) and someone else in C5...that person has STILL not spoken up, which i find utterly hilarious now. I got 1 dig from my 1 gold.

And barkeep told me by PM i couldnt HIDE twice again after i took these actions. He posted it in thread as well. I figured the Scourge role wouldnt be able to kill me if i kept hiding, and apparently barkeep agreed
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #772
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
There really wasn't much any of us could do on day 1 that needed to be such a big secret from the pirates. We didn't have any money or equipment. So you watched someone, or hid or dug if you were a treasure hunter.

That's why your secrecy is what damned you, especially when you said you were just an athlete.

And again, you still haven't said what exactly you did. So in my mind the only big secret you could have had is that you killed Sun.

Yep.

This is a no-brainer.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #773
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
ooc: Blade reminds me of Blair in The Thing...

There are a few probabilities to Blade's release:

1. Blade afforded bail
2. A fellow Treasure Hunter afforded bail
3. Swashbuckler freed him
4. Blade freed himself

I doubt #1, I strongly doubt #2...wouldn't he know who set bail for him? #4 present the case that Blade is the Swashbuckler; #3 implicates Blade as a pirate /unless/ the Pirates freed him to cause suspicion and make us waste another day voting him back in the brig.

The fly in the ointment is that we have Hoops stating what he is.

So now, we have to decide whether Hoops is forthright, or that Blade is.

I never thought of this. If, and its a big if, Hoops is in fact bad, this play would make a ton of sense for the pirates. No one has officially cleared hoops yet as far as I can remember, so maybe we should be very careful trusting him. I think Blade is obviously trying to pull something again, but I just wanted to point out the other side of the coin. I don't want to get trapped trusting Hoops to the point that he takes us all for a ride if the above scenario is true. Any thoughts?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #774
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I never thought of this. If, and its a big if, Hoops is in fact bad, this play would make a ton of sense for the pirates. No one has officially cleared hoops yet as far as I can remember, so maybe we should be very careful trusting him. I think Blade is obviously trying to pull something again, but I just wanted to point out the other side of the coin. I don't want to get trapped trusting Hoops to the point that he takes us all for a ride if the above scenario is true. Any thoughts?

The problem is...that you can only free once as the swashbuckler, and as for pooling the cash for 7 gp, it seems somewhat strange to do so...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #775
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
AP5IG

I got 1 gold, on my AP4 watch i saw Sndvls moving to C6, with someone behind him aways...that how i know he died in C6, as he moved there on AP4. While watching sndvls i saw the person following(not his identity) and someone else in C5...that person has STILL not spoken up, which i find utterly hilarious now. I got 1 dig from my 1 gold.

And barkeep told me by PM i couldnt HIDE twice again after i took these actions. He posted it in thread as well. I figured the Scourge role wouldnt be able to kill me if i kept hiding, and apparently barkeep agreed

Bullshit.

Why is this such a big secret that you lied repeatedly to cover up your actions? There is nothing in that list of actions taht is any use to anyone.

And it still makes no sense for a TH to free you. None. A pirate had to free you or you freed yourself.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #776
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And someone finally starts to understand what ive been saying all along
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #777
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Give credit where credit is due...I posted it...but let's face it...you are Blair...now I gotta find Palmer and Norris.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #778
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Bullshit.

Why is this such a big secret that you lied repeatedly to cover up your actions? There is nothing in that list of actions taht is any use to anyone.

And it still makes no sense for a TH to free you. None. A pirate had to free you or you freed yourself.
I DIDNT WANT THE SCOURGE TO KNOW I WAS DOUBLE HIDING...it made me invicible to night kill, which barkeep has since made a rule against...Is that so hard to understand? Not wanting the wolves to know you figured out a way to beat them
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #779
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Give credit where credit is due...I posted it...but let's face it...you are Blair...now I gotta find Palmer and Norris.
Whos blair?
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #780
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

It's certainly possible that hoops is bad, but it would be a huge gamble for him to put himself on the line like this just to cause some suspicion for 1 night. I don't think a pirate would feel that it was worth the risk.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #781
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
except that hoops was a last minute replacement, that we wouldnt have used if not for the fact that ardent tripped up too.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #782
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It's certainly possible that hoops is bad, but it would be a huge gamble for him to put himself on the line like this just to cause some suspicion for 1 night. I don't think a pirate would feel that it was worth the risk.

I agree, and I want to make it noted that I don't necessarily believe thats what happened, I just wanted to elaborate on Quik's thoughts and to make sure that everyone knows there is another possibility.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #783
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, would you have us believe that hoops and ardent coordinated that? just so hoops could then step in at the last minute and free you.that would mean hoops and ardent are both pirates, and while i am pretty sure ardent is, i dont think hoops would make that kind of a blatant play this early.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #784
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
except that hoops was a last minute replacement, that we wouldnt have used if not for the fact that ardent tripped up too.
Ya, what would a wolf have to gain from stepping in at the last second and being the savior of the night action, AND nailing what he says is a wolf...why would that appeal to a wolf? It just doesnt make any sense
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #785
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I DIDNT WANT THE SCOURGE TO KNOW I WAS DOUBLE HIDING...it made me invicible to night kill, which barkeep has since made a rule against...Is that so hard to understand? Not wanting the wolves to know you figured out a way to beat them

Why wouldn't you want to share that with all of the TH if it was such a great strategy?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #786
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want to share that with all of the TH if it was such a great strategy?
Think about it, the wolves can pick any of the 5 AP to kill...on day one they killed sndvls with AP5...telling you all to hide would make them be creative with their killings...i didnt want them to know i was on to something, and would slowly reveal it to people i trusted by getting walkie talkies
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #787
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I've been thinking about this. If hoops is bad he's playing it very well. All I know about hoops is that he saw where I was at on morning 1 and apparently was in the same spot (F6), since he zeroed in on how much gold the square produced per dig without anyone giving the rate. That leads me to believe he wasn't involved in Sun's death (B6).

Obviously that doesn't clear him as a pirate, just for that morning.

Too bad we can't verify roles on people who haven't been arrested.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #788
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ya, what would a wolf have to gain from stepping in at the last second and being the savior of the night action, AND nailing what he says is a wolf...why would that appeal to a wolf? It just doesnt make any sense

i never said it didnt make sense, i said that there is no way hoops could have known it would have been necessary....he had no reason to cancel the original plan and put himself in the evidence room until i gave it to him. so now you are gonna call me a pirate to, right.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #789
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, would you have us believe that hoops and ardent coordinated that? just so hoops could then step in at the last minute and free you.that would mean hoops and ardent are both pirates, and while i am pretty sure ardent is, i dont think hoops would make that kind of a blatant play this early.
I would mostly...i know hoops is bad becuase i know im good...if he claims he scanned evidence then i know hes lying because the evidence would show me as good. So since it looks like the ardent move set hoops up to do it then i would assume the connection. And kwhit i have been listing since everyone agreed that he would do it, then despite ardents slip which i see as having no bearing on kwhits actions, he didnt go through with it. Did kwhit ever say why? Not that i saw, he just kinda stepped aside and let hoops do it
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #790
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
...on day one they killed sndvls with AP5

How would you know that, pirate?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #791
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i never said it didnt make sense, i said that there is no way hoops could have known it would have been necessary....he had no reason to cancel the original plan and put himself in the evidence room until i gave it to him. so now you are gonna call me a pirate to, right.
Not at all...i think Hoops is one, and if you asked me AE and kwhit are the other 2 right now...if their are 4(i dont think so with the total players) i dont know the 4th yet.
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #792
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Think about it, the wolves can pick any of the 5 AP to kill...on day one they killed sndvls with AP5

HOW IN THE BLUE HELL COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #793
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, mine looks cooler path.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #794
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
HOW IN THE BLUE HELL COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT!!!!!

Quote:
AP5: DIG

I saw him alive on AP4...unless he was fleet of foot, he died on 5 in C6...
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #795
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, mine looks cooler path.

But mine was first.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #796
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
.on day one they killed sndvls with AP5...

Caught.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #797
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Caught.
Ive explained exactly how i know that...you can ignore it...i keep giving you guys information to link myself to the crime(being one square away, knowing his actual death location, and knowing what AP he died on)...a wolf would distance himself from the murder, i keep drawing closer...come on boys, think
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #798
Blade6119
Coordinator

Can the other person who was in C5 at least confirm it was 1 gold per dig?
Demotivation
Old 02-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #799
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I saw him alive on AP4...unless he was fleet of foot, he died on 5 in C6...

again, i call BS.

unless blade gets special PM's for his days activities, they dont give a point by point breakdown of the day...they just give a synopsis like "you found x gold" not buying it.....and why cant i find in the rules where i can go to buy that damn gun!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #800
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
again, i call BS.

unless blade gets special PM's for his days activities, they dont give a point by point breakdown of the day...they just give a synopsis like "you found x gold" not buying it.....and why cant i find in the rules where i can go to buy that damn gun!
DID YOU WATCH ANYONE?? DO it tonight, and you will be notified of your results..i watched on AP4, so i was told...come on saldana, why would barkeep have me watch and then not tell me the results?
Demotivation