Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #1
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2013

The quest to repeat begins!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Get caught up!
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2012
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2011
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2010
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2009
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2008
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2007
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2006
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2005
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2004
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2003
Rutgers...the birthplace of college football 2002

whoever recognizes that quote wins free season tickets in our Athletic Director's suite.

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

A brief history lesson

We head into the 2013 season riding a school-record 16 winning streak, and attempting to defend our national title. After a shakey start to my career, it's been getting exponentially better.
Code:

Year  Team                  Record Post Rank Perf Acad Recr TV   Tick Don  Score  
2012  Rutgers               12-0   Yes  1    100  87   72   99   84   96   92     
2011  Rutgers               10-2   Yes  13   92   82   61   88   75   64   79     
2010  Rutgers               8-4    Yes  23   86   82   80   72   68   35   71     
2009  Rutgers               8-4    Yes  26   85   82   92   42   61   59   72     
2008  Rutgers               10-2   Yes  14   91   83   100  96   57   96   86     
2007  Rutgers               4-7    No   84   57   84   100  68   42   34   60     
2006  Rutgers               5-6    No   66   75   83   100  68   33   78   72     
2005  Rutgers               2-9    No   117  1    83   100  2    45   10   33     
2004  Rutgers               4-7    No   88   75   85   98   75   36   62   70
2003  Rutgers               3-8    No   101  14   74   52   3    49   26   35
2002  Rutgers               4-8    No   89   10   76   86   44   50   48   45

Post - Post-Season Appearance
Perf - Team Performance Score
Acad - Academic Performance Score
Recr - Recruiting Score
TV - Television Revenue Score
Tick - Ticket Revenue Score
Don - Alumni Donations Score
Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Frank Herbert? Dune?

Do I win?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:51 AM   #4
ShagVT
H.S. Freshman Team

I think you do!
ShagVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

yep. The tickets are in the mail. I'll even throw in bowl tickets.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Rules & Settings

I'll update this when I recall some more of the rules or settings I use for my team. If you have any suggestions, feel free to make them.

settings
  • I'm playing on the highest difficulty level
  • I'm going with low coach movement
  • my scouts do no work, all my settings are made by me (except the gameplan, where I generally use the recommendations - and sometimes tinker with them
  • The Solecismic 8 is in my football world, The Volacno Eight - located in Hawaii.

recruiting
  • I can never contact a player more than 4 times. That is a maximum of 2 phone calls and 2 visits.
  • Absolutely NO bribing.
  • Can only recruit within limited states (more details below)
  • Potential recruits must have a GPA over 3.0 or an SAT score over 1000.
  • I must automatically offer a scholarship to any players coming out of North Plainfield,NJ or New Brunswick, NJ (this supercedes academic qualifications).
  • I can only offer 3 scholarships over a 2 week period to red or black-coded players
  • I cannot have more than 60 scholarship players on my roster

Recruiting Expansion

I started only recruiting in the states of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Deciding I had to earn new recruiting states, I follow the following formula. (Note: this is a newly revised formula)
  • If qualifying for a bowl, I may add 1 new recruiting state.
  • If winning the Big East title, I may add 2 new recruiting states.
  • If winning the National Championship Game, I may add 3 new recruiting states.
  • These state additions do not stack upon each other, meaning the most I may add after any given season is 3 states.
  • New states must be directly connected (geographically) to any current recruiting states. I cannot just pick California or Texas as my next state.
  • My recruiting expansion should be a reasonable radius from Rutgers. For example, I shouldn't keep moving west in a straight line, I should be sweeping out in an ever-growing radius.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Coaching News
  • As usual, teams hire away coaches from other schools while the abandoned teams scramble for replacements.
  • Southern Mississippi has hired Cedric Sellars from Ewa Beach as its new head coach.
  • North Carolina has hired Britt Harmon from Troy State as its new head coach.
  • Washington State has hired Hardy Shipes from Oregon State as its new head coach.
  • Northern Illinois has hired James Konruff from Akron as its new head coach.
  • Colorado has hired Louis Browning from Texas Tech as its new head coach.
  • Wake Forest has hired Ricardo Heath from Michigan State as its new head coach.
  • Utah has hired Bob Marsh from Toledo as its new head coach.
  • Michigan State has hired Mike Cobb as its new head coach.
  • Troy State has hired Zach Cobb as its new head coach.
  • Toledo has hired Terrance Carr as its new head coach.
  • Akron has hired Andy Pulliam as its new head coach.
  • Oregon State has hired Blaine Castillo as its new head coach.
  • Texas Tech has hired Wade Fein as its new head coach.

my staff
There were no defections this year. Since we had the ability to replace any 1 staff member of our choosing, we took a look around the marketplace. We elected to replace New England scout Bart Jacobs, who's been with us since 2002. Bart will be replaced by old pro Britt Ellison (70 years old). Britt is an overall better scout, but the major trade-off is a decrease in QB scouting ability. We wish Bart the best of luck in his quest for a new position elsewhere.

Coach of the Year
For the second consecutive year (and 3rd time overall), Sammie Blair of Texas is named Coach of the Year. Last year he led the Longhorns to a 12-1 record, their only defeat coming at our hands in the National Championship.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Scheduling

We decide to hold ticket prices where they are. Last year we sold out every game, but this year we should be able to sell out the whole stadium to season-ticket holders.

On the scheduling front we had one game to scheulde. We will already be heading to Florida State in week 4 to finish up that home-and-home series. Starting with 4 home games and 6 road games on the slate, we definitely wanted a home game. We were eyeing weeks 2 or 14 as the best possible fits.

In week 1 of scheduling we offer South Florida a Week 2 home-and-home series, starting at Rutgers. They decline.

In week 2 we re-tool our offer to South Florida, offering them a week 15 game. They decline. Their A.D. then informs me they already have 7 road games scheduled, they aren't looking for #8.

Moving on we make an offer to a pretty shitty California team. We want to play them most because they hold a 2-0 series lead on us, and it just doesn't sit well with me. We offer them a week 14 game at Rutgers as the first of a home-and-home and they accept.

The schedule is set and the off-season is over.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:54 PM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

off-season player news

On the morning of our first day of summer practice, I was hit with a couple pieces of really lousy news.
  • T.J. Wooldridge, an inside linebacker, has left your team because of a lack of playing time.
  • Ricky Huffman, an outside linebacker, has been suspended for the season for assaulting a female student in her dorm room.
  • Dean Dussault, a defensive tackle, has been suspended for the season for accepting money from a member of the booster club.

Not only was I worried about the effects of losing three players, I was worried about our image when hearing of the last two players. We've been a team that prides itself on academics and the behavior of our athletes, we simply will not tolerate any off-field thuggery. Losing Wooldridge is essentially a non-issue inside, but it does hurt to lost even more depth in our thin linebacking corps. Huffman was projected as starter on the outside, so we'll have to fill that hole. Dussault has been an underachiever since arriving, why anyone would give him money for his play here is beyond my comprehension.

We also received an unusually large number of complaints about playing time from players, including some from a few big-name starters. Our staff has agreed to re-examine our practice, study, and weight-room schedules to see if we can make some more free time for our players.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:03 AM   #10
ShagVT
H.S. Freshman Team

Rutgers wins the National Championship and Texas is coach of the year?? Did I miss something?
Old 07-11-2003, 07:53 AM   #11
rjolley
College Starter

My question is, did Jim go to Texas or was born and raised in Texas or is a huge Texas supporter? Seems like every dynasty has a great Texas team. They're the Notre Dame of TCY.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rjolley
My question is, did Jim go to Texas or was born and raised in Texas or is a huge Texas supporter? Seems like every dynasty has a great Texas team. They're the Notre Dame of TCY.

no, but he did make sure to program in a usually amazing Michigan team. Luckily Ohio State has gotten the better of them so far in this dynasty.

as for the coach of the year, it's just so financially based that I will have no chance until our stadium holds at least 80,000. c'est la vie (or c'est la coach of the year algorithm).

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-11-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #13
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
yep. The tickets are in the mail. I'll even throw in bowl tickets.

Getting a bit overconfident now that you are the defending national champions?

The tickets arrived yesterday, though. Thanks! I especially liked the free beer coupons.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 12:54 AM   #14
tucker342
Pro Starter

"No beer and no t.v. make homer go crazy!"
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #15
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Well, not to burst rutger's bubble, but here's a line score from a recent game in TCY i just saw go by:

Rutgers 0 0 0 0 - 0
Miami of Florida 21 38 21 12 - 92
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #16
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Positional Analysis

quarterbacks
Senior Seth Duffy is clearly the class act here, and he should be able to duplicate his success of last season. Already a two-time Heisman finalist, Duffy could be taking home the trophy if the receivers step up and avoid injury. Left without a truly capable backup, we only have a myriad of potential heirs to the throne behind Duffy. Redshirt Sophomore Joe Meadows appears to be the #2 for now, but whether he is our next starter remains to be seen. Junior Thomas Dimry's window of opportunity is closing, while promising freshman Ricky "House" Houshmandzadeh will redshirt.

running backs
Considered in the upper echelon of backfields in the nation, the three-deep squad returns in force. RB Claude Altenburger is hoping to become the teams all-time leading rusher, and he would also like to put his scoring records out of reach. Jon Burton will again be a triple threat, seeing time at RB, Wide Receiver, and Kick/Punt returner. He should be good for well over 1,000 all-purpose yards. RB Christian Schulz is an extremely underutilized back who has the misfortune of sitting behind two even better backs. Easily of starting caliber, he'll see time mostly as a backup and on special teams. Red-shirt freshman Gerald Frasier and true freshman Juan Weydahl won't see much action this season. Weydahle will redshirt this season, and Frasier will be trapped on an incredibly deep unit.

receivers
In his first year on the field, B.J. Durham became the surprise standout of the receivers in our single back offense. With over 1,000 yards in his first season, B.J.'s future is bright. Senior Wesley Kay and Junior Dan Patrick look to take the #2 and #3 positions, and sophomore Kirk Cassidy will be the #4 man. RB Jon Burton will also be in the mix. Freshman Jimmie Hatcher will red-shirt, and has the potential to be a tremendous game-breaker in a few seasons. Tight End won't be a strength or liability, as Junior Eddie Buckner will hold down the fort. He can disappear at times, but also comes up with his share of big plays. Redshirt Freshman Desmond Rubini shows real signs of potential.

offensive lineman
At tackle we are absolutely set with monster seniors Jackie Woods and Dale Gourdine, solid backup Bryce Fontenot, and rising star Ernie Barraza. The bookends are set, but the interior line is up in the air. Sophomore Travis Nordby will take over at center, and will probably experience some growing pains. Nordby will be a solid center, but will only be so-so this season. Ernie Pierce and Casey Logan figure to start at guard, and promising freshman Cris Owens will red-shirt. Tackle Ernie Barraza may see some work in the guard rotation to develop his skills.

kickers
Junior Punter Cornelius Albo continues to get better, and could be a factor in field position battles. Kicker Vinny Ballard was consistent on field goals last year, though his kickoffs where not always as deep as one would like. Future kickers must be found, as no real developmental prospects are currently on the team.

defensive lineman
Defensive end is full of undeveloped talent. Somewhat lacking a true starter, this position could see 5 to 6 lineman rotating in at DE. Redshirt Freshman Evertt Young and Sophomore Tyrus Aviles will likely be the starters. Senior Earnest Garrison will see the field on passing downs. Senior DT Oscar Padilla will see increased playing time at nose tackle, due to a lack of depth. Redshirt Freshman Eddie Corbett will rotate in with Padilla. Freshman Lee Barnes is redshirting, but he and Eddie Corbett look to be the 1-2 punch of the next few years.

linebackers
Easily the teams' weakness. At ILB you have incredibly solid Senior Bucky Krakowski leading the charge, and promising sophomore Darrell Moore taking the other spot. Behind them are 3 corpses, including 2 lousy freshman. At OLB Shane Carney is a so-so linebacker, who's only real strengh is run defense. Suspended Junior Ricky Huffman would have been the other OLB, but will be replaced by true Freshman Doug Cerda who appears to be a legend in the making. sophomore Andrew Elliot and converted DB Sam Schour will round out the backers. If there is a position where we need to avoid injury and recruit really hard, this is it!

defensive backs
This squad should only improve on last years dynamite bunch. Only in their second year's of eligbility, CB's Reuben Turner and Julio Massey look like a shut-down duo. Byron Heuvicq has come along nicely as a nickel back, and freshman Todd Nykolaisyn looks great. Nykolaisyn will redshirt. 2nd team all-american Van Schulz returns at safety, but loses counterpart Vince Alston. Despite losing 2nd team-all Big East safety Alston, this unit could be better. Junior Hunter Goode has been waiting in the wings for this moment, and is a complete package. Freshman D.J. Cushenbery will redshirt, leaving Freshman Frankie Mincy as the 3rd safety.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #17
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

2013 Rutgers Roster, Scout Overview
Code:
Player # Pos Elig Current Estimate Future Estimate Duffy, Seth 7 QB Sr 81 95 Meadows, Joe 15 QB Jr* 40 91 Dimry, Thomas 5 QB Sr* 35 60 Houshmandzadeh, Ricky 4 QB Fr 27 62 Rodgers, Everett 3 QB* Sr* 21 36 Altenburger, Claude 21 RB Sr 75 75 Burton, Jon 41 RB Sr 71 71 Schulz, Christian 30 RB Sr 71 78 Frasier, Gerald 39 RB So* 46 82 Weydahl, Juan 37 RB Fr 38 72 Devine, Graham 24 RB* Sr* 29 45 Wilkerson, Gary 33 RB* Fr 21 25 Tomlinson, Bryant 42 FB Sr* 58 77 Houston, Kennedy 32 FB* Jr* 26 51 Lyon, Cornell 26 FB* Fr 20 48 Burton, Shawn 28 FB* So* 13 38 Buckner, Eddie 82 TE Sr* 51 51 Yonney, Byron 80 TE Sr 47 47 Rubini, Desmond 99 TE So* 34 84 Kay, Wesley 9 WR Sr 54 65 Durham, B.J. 83 WR Jr* 44 61 Arnold, Kelvin 84 WR So 38 48 Patrick, Daniel 8 WR Sr* 37 93 Cassidy, Kirk 88 WR Jr* 31 95 Herndon, Brock 6 WR Sr* 16 16 Hatcher, Jimmie 89 WR Fr 15 52 Perez, Melvin 87 WR* So* 20 53 Nordby, Travis 58 C Jr* 32 97 Fox, Ralph 51 C* Jr* 24 64 Nunn, Kim 68 C* Sr 1 20 Pierce, Ernie 74 G Jr 50 55 Logan, Casey 67 G So* 43 63 Griffith, Antoine 78 G So* 34 80 Owens, Cris 75 G Fr 5 100 Shon, Ethan 65 G* So* 16 45 Osborne, Levon 60 G* Sr* 8 10 Peterson, Craig 73 G* Sr 7 13 Woods, Jackie 77 T Sr 78 78 Gourdine, Dale 61 T Sr 74 74 Fontenot, Bryce 76 T Jr* 37 49 Barraza, Ernie 70 T So* 34 71 Stoughton, Ralph 64 T Fr 14 91 Wilkins, Fred 62 T* Sr* 31 40 Albo, Cornelius 10 P Jr 72 72 Jones, Adrian 2 P* So* 25 55 Hutchins, Victor 1 P* Fr 20 25 Gaines, Frankie 14 P* Sr* 3 19 Ballard, Vinny 11 K Sr* 59 60 Roset, Robbie 17 K* So* 15 15 Garrison, Earnest 71 DE Sr 49 53 Bernard, Winfred 97 DE Fr 40 73 Young, Everett 98 DE So* 37 79 Aviles, Tyrus 96 DE Jr* 28 73 Gilpin, Antonio 91 DE Jr* 11 79 Rhodes, Brent 79 DE* Sr 13 55 Padilla, Oscar 94 DT Sr 71 71 Musterer, Peter 90 DT Jr* 33 60 Corbett, Eddie 95 DT So* 30 98 Barnes, Lee 92 DT Fr 22 96 Dussault, Dean 72 DT Sr 17 64 Ciccant, Perry 69 DT Jr* 5 15 Krakowski, Bucky 48 ILB Sr 71 96 Moore, Darrell 66 ILB Jr* 47 93 Lynch, Cornell 52 ILB Fr 22 42 Nichols, Ethan 40 ILB* So* 14 40 Wilkens, Adam 55 ILB* Fr 11 37 Carney, Shane 44 OLB Sr 45 45 Huffman, Ricky 53 OLB Sr* 41 75 Cerda, Doug 43 OLB Fr 40 67 Elliott, Andrew 93 OLB So* 28 70 Bronson, Karl 56 OLB Fr 19 54 Schour, Sam 27 OLB* Sr 4 4 Davidson, Ben 45 OLB* Sr 3 3 Turner, Reuben 34 CB Jr* 70 90 Massey, Julio 46 CB So 68 100 Heuvicq, Byron 20 CB Sr* 36 97 Nykolaiszyn, Todd 38 CB Fr 32 86 Edwards, Norman 36 CB Jr* 24 53 Schulz, Van 35 S Sr 73 73 Goode, Hunter 23 S Sr* 59 99 Cushenbery, D.J. 25 S Fr 32 49 Mincy, Frankie 47 S So* 32 59 Kelley, Darrell 49 S* So* 4 19 * in eligibility - Player has been red-shirted * in position - Player is walk-on
Old 07-15-2003, 08:04 PM   #18
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Pre-Season Top 25
Code:

School                Record  Conf  Comp  Poll  Loss  Sched Total Rank
Ohio State              0-0     B10   1.00  1.00  0.00  0.68  2.68  1
Texas                   0-0     B12   2.00  2.00  0.00  1.20  5.20  2
Syracuse                0-0     EST   3.00  3.00  0.00  1.48  7.48  3
Florida                 0-0     SEC   4.00  4.00  0.00  2.04  10.04 4
Rice                    0-0     WAC   5.00  5.00  0.00  3.44  13.44 5
Stanford                0-0     PAC   6.00  6.00  0.00  1.84  13.84 6
Michigan                0-0     B10   7.00  7.00  0.00  0.52  14.52 7
Washington              0-0     PAC   8.00  8.00  0.00  1.96  17.96 8
Rutgers                 0-0     EST   9.00  10.50 0.00  1.44  20.94 9
Boston College          0-0     EST   11.00 10.00 0.00  1.32  22.32 10
Virginia Tech           0-0     EST   10.00 12.50 0.00  1.56  24.06 11
Tennessee               0-0     SEC   12.00 11.00 0.00  2.20  25.20 12
New Mexico              0-0     MWS   13.00 12.00 0.00  2.68  27.68 13
Maryland                0-0     ACC   15.00 22.00 0.00  0.20  37.20 14
Arizona                 0-0     PAC   17.00 20.00 0.00  1.64  38.64 15
Texas A&M               0-0     B12   22.00 17.50 0.00  1.24  40.74 16
Miami of Ohio           0-0     MAC   18.00 19.00 0.00  3.84  40.84 17
Mililani Town           0-0     VOL   14.00 22.50 0.00  4.88  41.38 18
Oregon                  0-0     PAC   21.00 19.50 0.00  1.76  42.26 19
Northwestern            0-0     B10   16.00 26.50 0.00  0.64  43.14 20
Central Florida         0-0     MAC   19.00 21.50 0.00  4.44  44.94 21
Penn State              0-0     B10   25.00 21.00 0.00  0.72  46.72 22
Colorado                0-0     B12   26.00 20.00 0.00  0.84  46.84 23
South Florida           0-0     IND   20.00 25.00 0.00  4.60  49.60 24
Wake Forest             0-0     ACC   24.00 29.50 0.00  0.36  53.86 25
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Miami of Florida        0-0     EST   58.00 45.00 0.00  1.36  104.4 52
Pittsburgh              0-0     EST   62.00 71.50 0.00  1.40  134.9 66
West Virginia           0-0     EST   69.00 75.50 0.00  1.60  146.1 72
Princeton               0-0     EST   117.00119.000.00  1.52  237.5 117

$$ = Team on probation, ineligible for post-season play
Comp = Computer Ratings
Poll = Voter Polls
Loss = Number of Losses
Sched = Strength of Schedule
Rank = Final Ranking

Despite returning a ton of starters, we get a slap in the face with our #9 pre-season ranking. It's clear the nation believes our 2012 season was a fluke. With such a highly regarded conference, we have an excellent opportunity to prove our worth again this season.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-15-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:37 AM   #19
Alf
Pro Starter

4 Big East teams in the Top 11. Now, that's a tough conference !
Old 07-16-2003, 12:51 PM   #20
ShagVT
H.S. Freshman Team

Go Tech! (I mean... err... RUTSgers)
Old 07-17-2003, 08:17 AM   #21
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagVT
Go Tech! (I mean... err... RUTSgers)

Syracuse and Virginia Tech are usually the real deal, but B.C. tends to fade (although they gave us one hell of a game last year).

Hopefully we'll kick some Hokie ass this year.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:00 PM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

2013 Schedule
Code:

Week  	Opponent

1	---off---
2	---off---
3       at Connecticut
4	at Florida State
5     	VIRGINIA TECH
6	at Brigham Young
7	WEST VIRGINIA
8	at Miami of Florida
9	---off---
10	at Boston College
11	SYRACUSE
12	at Pittsburgh
13	PRINCETON
14	CALIFORNIA
15	---off---
With our toughest games (Virginia Tech, Syracuse) at home, we have a very fair chance to repeat as Big East champs, something we have never done before. We open with a lot of road games, but if we can survive those we will have the luxury of 3 of the last 4 games at home.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #23
The Orange Man
n00b

...as far as off-weeks on the schedule - I like to have them as late in the season as possible.

Reason being that as you play each game, the skill levels of your players increases incrementally as the season progresses.

Meaning that if you're playing your fifth game and your opponent is playing their fourth you should get that small extra edge.

Congrats on your title, by the way.
The Orange Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #24
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Recruiting Outline

Here's a look at where we stand and where we are heading...
Code:
current scholarships by class year
graduating	14
junior		11
sophomore	14
freshman	11
redshirting	10
This gives us exactly 60 scholarships, and leaves a very generous 14 scholarships to work with. Knowing we can bring in so many players gives me hope this will again be our best recruiting class in school history.

Top Priorities
--------------
defensive line
linebackers
safety
guard

We will try to go pretty heavy in those areas, and spread the rest of the scholarships around evenly.

Expansion!
Due to our National Championship, we get to splurge and add 3 states this season. Having just gone with Maryland, we decide to go back to the Northeast. We add a trio of potential duds in Rhode Island, vermont, and New Hampshire. We hope to close out the Northeast next season.

Here's our recruiting expansion history:

2002: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
2009: Connecticut
2010: Deleware
2011: Massachusetts
2012: Maryland
2013: Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont
Old 07-19-2003, 04:14 PM   #25
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 1 Review

As is my tradition, I have not scheduled a game in week 1. I like devoting the entire first week to recruiting, and this year it will actually be the first two weeks.

Recruiting

For the breakdown of my recruiting rules, see the above post regarding rules. I've decided to completely abolish my "blue chip" rule, there simply aren't any red coded players left. The entire top 100 is players who would definitely consider us (unless we don't offer their major). We're becoming nationally recognized.

Local Obligation Scholarships

I'm required to offer scholarships to any players coming from my 2 home towns of North Plainfield and New Brunswick.

In a double-whammy, it looks like I'll be bringing aboard 2 players from my former high school of North Plainfield. They are both academic dregs, meaning they'll have to really hit the books hard at Rutgers. The time devoted to classwork all but guarantees they won't develop as players.

CB Archie Medlin - #87 cornerback nationally. scouted 65
Archie is a complete moron in the classroom, with a 1.92 GPA and a ridiculous 743 SAT score. Our scouts say he is best suited to zone coverage, but doesn't have great hands for a defensive back.
high school stats (after 4 games): 16 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions. He's also caught 5 passes for 91 yards on offense.

S Ed Carpenter - #63 safety nationally. scouted 66
Another academic reject, Ed sports a 2.06 GPA and a 671 SAT score. With smarts like that, I'm amazed he even finds his way to school at all. Ed is considered a candidate for strong safety, as he excels in defending the run.
high school stats (after 4 games): 30 tackles, 3 sacks, and 4 interceptions. He also has 12 runs for 35 yards on offense.

Week 1 is extremely productive. We contact a boatload of players from the Rivals.com Top 100, and many seem genuinely interested in us. Here are the players we are offering scholarships to:

S Jim Paddock - # 1 safety, #9 player nationally. scouted 63++
Coming out of one of the best high schools in the country, Jim looks like the type who could be an impact player as a true freshman. Scout Britt Ellison admits defensive backs aren't a strength of his, but was blown away upon re-examining him. He's been deemed "much better" than his original scouting grade of 63. Coming from upstate New York (Carthage), Jim's priorities are Academics and Distance. He's a near-genuis in the classroom with a 3.74 GPA and a 1529 SAT score. While I'm confident about our chances of landing him, I feel that this situation is ripe for Syracuse to step in and steal him away from us - we'll see.
high school stats (after 4 games): 36 tackles, 4 sacks, 5 interceptions. Offensively he has 20 rushes for 184 yards and 1 touchdown, as well as 3 catches for 80 yards.

CB Pat Malone - #2 CB, #11 player nationally. scouted 91-
Pat is a terrific overall prospect at CB, and considered particularly good at tackling as well. Coming from a very solid high school just 5 miles away in Middlesex, NJ, we have seem him in person already. His preferences are heavily slanted towards Academics, with Team Presige coming next. When considered the bonus of our proximity, I am very confident Pat will be playing here in 2014.
high school stats (after 4 games): 23 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 interceptions. Offensively he has 26 carries for 171 yards and 2 touchdowns. 7 catches, 181 yards, 2 touchdowns.

P Howie Long - #2 punter, #56 player nationally. scouted 89++
Getting beyond the name, Howie looks like the best punted prospect I've ever gotten a look at. Fittingly, his strength is the long ball. He's better at booming them than placing them near the goal-line, but we feel he's completely capable there too. A braniac (4.0 GPA, 1437 SAT) who favors academics and distance, Howie looks like a slam dunk. I'm excited at the possibility of landing a difference maker on special teams.
high school stats (after 4 games): 27 kicks for an average of 47.96 yards. He has also nailed 12 field goals.

Conference Snapshot
Week 1 Results
---------------
The entire conference is off this week.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #26
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 2 Review

For the first time in a while, we're off on week 2. Time to dig deeper into recruiting.

Recruiting

Another great week. It takes 3-4 weeks to feel like I've gotten to look at everyone I'd like to.

I'm required to offer scholarships to any players coming from my 2 home towns of North Plainfield and New Brunswick.

What actually amazes me is the fact that these two clowns are attracting attention from other teams, sadly I don't think we'll lose out on either of these two.

CB Archie Medlin - #87 cornerback nationally. scouted 65
Archie is a complete moron in the classroom, with a 1.92 GPA and a ridiculous 743 SAT score. Our scouts say he is best suited to zone coverage, but doesn't have great hands for a defensive back.
high school stats (after 5 games): 21 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 4 interceptions. Offensively he has 5 catchs for 91 yards.
offer status: Kentucky has offered a scholarship, but really can't compete with us. Alabame is speaking with Archie, but there is no offer yet.

S Ed Carpenter - #63 safety nationally. scouted 66
Another academic reject, Ed sports a 2.06 GPA and a 671 SAT score. With smarts like that, I'm amazed he even finds his way to school at all. Ed is considered a candidate for strong safety, as he excels in defending the run.
high school stats (after 5 games): 38 tackles, 3 sacks, 6 interceptions. Offensively he has 17 rushers for 56 yards, and 3 catches for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns.
offer status: West Virginia has offered Ed a scholarship. Since Ed idolizes Rutgers, there is no chance he'll be going anywhere else.

Potential Recruits

Our assault on the Top 100 continues...

Coming out of one of the best high schools in the country, Jim looks like the type who could be an impact player as a true freshman. Scout Britt Ellison admits defensive backs aren't a strength of his, but was blown away upon re-examining him. He's been deemed "much better" than his original scouting grade of 63. Coming from upstate New York (Carthage), Jim's priorities are Academics and Distance. He's a near-genuis in the classroom with a 3.74 GPA and a 1529 SAT score. While I'm confident about our chances of landing him, I feel that this situation is ripe for Syracuse to step in and steal him away from us - we'll see.
high school stats (after 5 games): 43 tackles, 4 sacks, 7 interceptions. Offensively he has 22 rushes for 202 yards and 1 touchdown - as well as 3 catches for 80 yards.
offer status: Syracuse is now offering a scholarship. I think we still hold the edge because our Kinesiology program is much, much better than theirs.

Pat is a terrific overall prospect at CB, and considered particularly good at tackling as well. Coming from a very solid high school just 5 miles away in Middlesex, NJ, we have seem him in person already. His preferences are heavily slanted towards Academics, with Team Presige coming next. When considered the bonus of our proximity, I am very confident Pat will be playing here in 2014.
high school stats (after 5 games): 31 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 5 interceptions. Offensively he has 33 carries for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns. 7 catches, 181 yards, 2 touchdowns.
offer status: Washington, Oregon, Boston College, and Nebraska are all offering scholarships. I still think we're the best offer he's got.

Getting beyond the name, Howie looks like the best punted prospect I've ever gotten a look at. Fittingly, his strength is the long ball. He's better at booming them than placing them near the goal-line, but we feel he's completely capable there too. A braniac (4.0 GPA, 1437 SAT) who favors academics and distance, Howie looks like a slam dunk. I'm excited at the possibility of landing a difference maker on special teams.
high school stats (after 5 games): 36 punts for a 47.80 average. He's also added 15 field goals.
offer status: Florida, Washington, and South Carolina are all offering scholarships. We still appear to be the best offer.

G Kyle Munroe - #6 guard, #34 player nationally. scouted 80+
Kyle hails from Rochester, NY and favors acadmics and team prestige in a school. His strength is run blocking, and he appears to absolutely dominating in that aspect of his game.
high school stats (after 5 games): offensive lineman, so no stats.

WR Brady Healy - #5 wide receiver, #63 player nationally. scouted 77+
Brady favors Academics and Team Prestige, so right off the bat we have a very good chance at landing him. My scout seems to think he's an excellent third down receiver, but doesn't make a very good return man. Coming from a solid high school, he would have the potential to play as a true freshman.
high school stats (after 5 games): 35 catches, 921 yards, 4 touchdowns. Defensively he has 28 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and 2 interceptions.

T Lonnie Solwold - #1 tackle, #15 player nationally. scouted 81++
Lonnie is a big kid (6'5", 293 lbs) from Hoboken, NJ. Run blocking is his strength. His priorities are academics and distance, so we have avery good chance at reeling him in.
high school stats (after 5 games): no stats.

Conference Snapshot
Week 2 Results
---------------
Pitt 21 at TEXAS A&M 42 [TV5]
MIAMI 21 at Southern Methodist 20
Princeton 3 at MEMPHIS 38
Auburn 6 at #21 SYRACUSE 30 [TV4]
Buffalo 3 at WEST VIRGINIA 27
Old 07-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #27
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 3 Recruiting

We kick off the season this week at U-Conn. In an effort to get a little more in-depth on both ends, I've decided to spli my recruting and game wrap-ups into different posts.

Things are going very well. We already are offering 10 of our scholarships, and have a realistic chance at landing all of them.

I'm required to offer scholarships to any players coming from my 2 home towns of North Plainfield and New Brunswick. This year there are two players from my high school.

CB Archie Medlin - #87 cornerback nationally. scouted 65-
high school stats (after 6 games): 26 tackles, 4.5 sacks, and 5 interceptions. Offensively he has 5 catchs for 91 yards.
offer status: Kentucky and Alabama are offering scholarships. Army and Hawaii are also speaking to him, but it won't matter. He idolizes us and is already visiting.

S Ed Carpenter - #63 safety nationally. scouted 66-
high school stats (after 6 games): 42 tackles, 4 sacks, 8 interceptions. Offensively he has 21 rushes for 93 yards, and 3 catches for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns.
offer status: West Virginia has offered a scholarship. Ed is now visiting with us, and we should close the deal relatively early.

Potential Recruits

high school stats (after 6 games): 54 tackles, 4 sacks, 8 interceptions. Offensively he has 24 rushes for 209 yards and 1 touchdown - as well as 5 catches for 103 yards.
offer status: Ohio State and Syracuse have offered scholarships, Stanford is on the verge. We still appear to be the best combination of Jim's priorities.

high school stats (after 6 games): 40 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 7 interceptions. Offensively he has 39 carries for 237 yards and 2 touchdowns. 10 catches, 246 yards, 2 touchdowns.
offer status: Washington, Oregon, Boston College, Maryland, and Nebraska are all offering scholarships. Pat is visiting Washington, the only team who has better prestige than us. With our much stronger academics, and distance advantage, I still like our chances.

high school stats (after 6 games): 40 punts for a 47.82 average. He's also added 16 field goals.
offer status: Florida, Washington, Penn State, South Carolina, New Mexico, and Maryland are all offering scholarships. We still appear to be the best offer. We're still tops in both academics and distance.

Kyle hails from Rochester, NY and favors acadmics and team prestige in a school. His strength is run blocking, and he appears to absolutely dominating in that aspect of his game.
high school stats (after 6 games): offensive lineman, so no stats.
offer status: Florida, Mililani Town (Hawaii), Virginia Tech, and Army are offering scholarships.Florida should be our top rival on this. They are barely behind us in academics, and barely ahead of us in prestige. Hopefully our proximity comes into play here.

Brady favors Academics and Team Prestige, so right off the bat we have a very good chance at landing him. My scout seems to think he's an excellent third down receiver, but doesn't make a very good return man. Coming from a solid high school, he would have the potential to play as a true freshman.
high school stats (after 6 games): 41 catches, 1086 yards, 5 touchdowns. Defensively he has 34 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
offer status: Florida, Boston College, and Pitt are also offering scholarships. Brady is now visiting Florida, the only team who beats us in the Team Prestige department.

Lonnie is a big kid (6'5", 293 lbs) from Hoboken, NJ. Run blocking is his strength. His priorities are academics and distance, so we have avery good chance at reeling him in.
high school stats (after 6 games): no stats.
offer status: Boston College is also offering a scholarship. Lonnie is already visiting us. This is a terrific sign, meaning he would genuinely like to play here. Hopefully he'll sign fairly early.

---new scholarship offers---

RB J.B. Drayson - #4 running back, #19 player nationally. scouted 88+
6'1", 200 lbs from Freeport, NY. J.B. is a tough-running multi-faceted back with an excellent brain in his head. While not much of a kick returner, our scouts think he can do anything he's asked on the offensive side of the ball - and his stats tell the same story. His priorites are Team Prestige and Academics. We should have a fair chance here.
high school stats (after 6 games): 151 rushes for 927 yards and 17 touchdowns. 38 catches for 594 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, 48 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

ILB Jerome Dasilva p #15 ILB, #283 player nationally. scouted 68+
6'3", 218 lbs from Rochester, NY. A solid run-stopper, Jerome looks to be a good fit for our ILB position. He's a bit weak in pass coverage, but we won't be asking him to do much of it from the ILB slot. Coming from a strong high school, we think Jerome would be a quick developer. His priorities are a heavily stressed Academics, and team prestige.
high school stats (after 6 games): 54 tackles, 2 sacks. Offensively he has 5 catches for 88 yards at tight end.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:26 AM   #28
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Ugh!

As soon as I got ready to start my first game of the season, in week 3, I had one of those "oh.... shit!" moments. I completely forgot to set the time for players before starting the season. This means all my freshman are stuck with the default 20/20/20/20/20, and I didn't get the chance to fix the time for the legion of whining upper classmen. The end result will probably be some freshman on academic probation next season, and a couple defections from disgruntled players.

If i feel strongly that some players may flunk a class, i'll consider activating them for this season. They can then "red-shirt" while on academic probation next year. damn!

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-20-2003 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #29
thealmighty
Pro Starter

You weren't by any chance at the strip club, or passed out in a hotel room during the all-important time management phase, were you?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #30
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by thealmighty
You weren't by any chance at the strip club, or passed out in a hotel room during the all-important time management phase, were you?

What?!?!?! How did you hea...

I mean: NO COMMENT!!

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-21-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #31
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 3 Review

Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-0) at #25 Connecticut Huskies (1-0)

last meeting: last year we won 45-17 on the road
series: 8-2 in our favor
coaches poll: Rutgers #67 and Connecticut #25
the betting man says: Rutgers by 5
attendance: 34,400 (45,000)
weather: 59 degrees, fair
TV coverage: TV4

We came into Connecticut with a nation-best 16 game winning streak, and we fully expected to extend it. Returning 17 starters, we were eager to open the defense of our national title!

We won the coin toss and returned the opening kickoff to our 25 yardline. A false start put us in an immediate hole, and the rusty offense couldn't do much. Without gaining a single yard we punted to the Connecticut 48 yard line.

Our defense came out more prepared, and forced an intentional grounding penalty on the very first play from scrimmage. After letting up just 6 yards rushing on 2 plays, we received the Husky punt at our 29 yard line.

After a 10 yard pass to WR Dan Patrick, the offense again sputtered. Gaining 7 yards on the next 3 plays we would punt again. The Huskies were set to receive at the 23 yard line, but the returner was absolutely leveled by starting running back Claude Altenburger. The ball sprang loose, and reserve TE Brian Yonney picked up the fumble and rumbled 23 yards for the game's first touchdown. 7-0 Rutgers, 10 minutes left in the first quarter.

The remainder of the first quarter would be a defensive stalemate, with our offense showing an alarming level of ineptness. Early in the second quarter a pair of sacks allowed pushed deep in our red zone, and after punting we turned the ball over to Connecticut at our own 37 yard line. Without wasting much time the Huskies knotted the game at 7-7.

Seemingly sparked by letting up a touchdown, our offense came back ready to play. After recieving the kickoff at our own 40 yardline, Claude Altenburger took a second down handoff 44 yards to the Connecticut 17 yard line. One play later, QB Seth Duffy hit WR Wesley Kay for a 17 yard touchdown, we were up 14-7 with 5 minutes left in the half.

Whatever effect Connecticut had on us, we seemed to have a similar effect on them. After kicking off to the Husky 21 yardline, it took UConn just 2 plays to score a touchdown. A 23 yard sweep, and a 56 yard reverse for a touchdown tied the game at 14-14.

Apparently things were heating up. Seth Duffy begain finding his receivers with ease, hitting RB Claude Altenburger for 17 yards, WR Wesley Kay for 19, and WR Kelvin Arnold for 16 yards. After a roughing the passer penalty helped move us along, RB Claude Altenburger would score on a 2 yard touchdown. We went to the half up 21-14.

In a sloppy first half, I felt lucky to up 21-14 at the break. Our offense was completely out of sync, and our defense was getting torched. Connecticut held a statistical edge at the break.

--2nd half---

We forced U-Conn to punt after 4 plays to open the second half, and took over at our own 33 yard line. QB Seth Duffy guided us on a lengthy 15 play drive that would only net us 3 points. Our lead was now 24-14, and our offense had shown some consistency for once.

Connecticut seemed to be playing with too great a sense of urgency. After driving to 18 yard line, they opted to go for the first down on 4th and 4, turning it over on downs rather than trying to pull within 7. Our offense responded.

QB Seth Duffy found WR Wesley Kay, then backup TE Desmond Rubini on a beautiful 37 yard catch-and-run down the middle of the field. RB Jon Burton would eventually take it in from 11 yards out. We would remain on top for good!

Final Score: Rutgers 31, Connecticut 20
Game MVP: RB Claude Altenburger

Player of the Week nominees:
RB Claude Altenburger - 20 carries, 100 yards, 1 touchdown. 4 catches for 49 yards.
QB Seth Duffy - 17-of-32, 232 yards, 1 touchdown, 0 int

Injury Report
OLB Ben Davidson - repetitive concussion syndrom - out - 23 weeks
ILB Bucky Krakowski - dislocated knee - out - 9 weeks

Bucky's injury really hurts us, and has me considering a temporary switch to the 4-3 defense. We're good at linebacker, but very thin. This injury takes away our top linebacker.

Conference Snapshot
Week 3 Results
---------------
RUTGERS 31 at Connecticut 20 [TV4]

#15 PENN STATE 27 at Pitt 17
West Virginia 7 at #2 MARYLAND 40 [TV2]
#2 SYRACUSE 38 at #7 Tennessee 35 [TV3]
#6 WASHINGTON 50 at Miami 27 [TV4]
Buffalo 17 at BOSTON COLLEGE 45
#23 Ball State 10 at VIRGINIA TECH 49 [TV5]
NAVY 20 at Princeton 17

Game Statistics
Code:

1Q: 10:15 RUTG - Byron Yonney 23 fumble return.
1Q: 10:15 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
2Q: 07:13 CONN - Tony Palmer 10 pass from Jonathan Ford.
2Q: 07:13 CONN - Bernie Reynolds extra point.
2Q: 05:13 RUTG - Wesley Kay 17 pass from Seth Duffy.
2Q: 05:13 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
2Q: 04:01 CONN - Kris Whitted 56 run.
2Q: 04:01 CONN - Bernie Reynolds extra point.
2Q: 00:29 RUTG - Claude Altenburger 2 run.
2Q: 00:29 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
3Q: 05:52 RUTG - Vinny Ballard 27 field goal.
4Q: 14:26 RUTG - Jon Burton 11 run.
4Q: 14:26 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
4Q: 11:22 CONN - Bernie Reynolds 52 field goal.
4Q: 06:37 CONN - Bernie Reynolds 27 field goal.

Game MVP: RUTG 21 Claude Altenburger

Rutgers	7	14	3	7	-	31
Connecticut	0	14	0	6	-	20

Team Statistics		RUTG		CONN

First Downs		23		17

Total Rushes		40		28
Net Rushing Yards	136		157
Yards Per Carry		3.4		5.6
Rushing Yards		173		172
Tckld Loss/Yards	6-10		3-7
Sacked/Yards Lost	5-27		1-8

Pass Attempts		32		30
Completions		17		15
Passing Yards		232		214
Yards Per Attempt	7.2		7.1
Interceptions		0		0
Fumbles/Lost		0/0		2/1

Total Plays		72		58
Total Yards		368		371
Yards Per Play		5.1		6.3

3rd Down Plays		8/16		4/12

Penalties		3		3
Penalty Yards		15		31

Avg. Drive Start		OWN 30		OWN 28
Time Of Possession		32:02		27:58

Rutgers Individual Statistics

Rushing		Att	Yards	Avg	Long	TD	Stufd	Sackd
21 Altenburger	20	100	5.0	44	1	5	0
7 Duffy		11	-4	-0.3	8	0	1	5
41 Burton	8	39	4.8	11	1	2	0
83 Durham	1	1	1.0	1	0	0	0

Passing		Att	Comp	Yards	Yd/Att	Long	TD	Int
7 Duffy		32	17	232	7.2	37	1	0

Receiving	Catch	Yards	Avg	YAC	Long	TD
21 Altenburger	4	49	12.2	31	17	0
9 Kay		4	53	13.2	14	19	1
41 Burton	3	33	11.0	18	17	0

Defense		Tackle	Assist	Sack	Int	IntYds	IntTD
48 Krakowski	9	2	0.0	0	0	0
66 Moore	5	3	0.0	0	0	0
23 Goode	5	1	0.0	0	0	0
Old 07-21-2003, 07:38 PM   #32
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 4 Recruiting

Another solid week has us offering 12 of the 14 or 15 scholarships we're considering putting out there. A defensive tackle and perhaps a tight end are still in our sights.

Local Obligation Recruits

I'm required to offer scholarships to any players coming from my 2 home towns of North Plainfield and New Brunswick. This year there are two players from my high school.

high school stats (after 7 games): 30 tackles, 5.5 sacks, and 7 interceptions. Offensively he has 5 catchs for 91 yards.
offer status: Hawaii has added a scholarship offer, joining Kentucky and Alabama. Army is still interested, but probably turned off by his academics. He's visiting us already. This is (in my mind) a done deal.

high school stats (after 7 games): 49 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 10 interceptions. Offensively he has 25 rushes for 120 yards, and 6 catches for 151 yards and 3 touchdowns.
offer status: Only West Virginia and we are offered a scholarship. Ed is visiting with us, and idolizes us. Another done deal.

Standard Recruits

high school stats (after 7 games): 60 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 9 interceptions. Offensively he has 29 rushes for 237 yards and 2 touchdowns - as well as 7 catches for 125 yards and 1 touchdown.
offer status: Jim is really attracting some attention. Ohio State, Syracuse, Stanford, Washington, Tennessee, and Louisiana-Monroe have all offered scholarships now. He is now visiting Ohio State and Syracuse, but has yet to visit us. I still beleive we're the best fit for him, but his actions are speaking for themselves.

high school stats (after 7 games): 45 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 10 interceptions. Offensively he has 46 carries for 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. 10 catches, 246 yards, 2 touchdowns.
offer status: Washington, Oregon, Boston College, Maryland, and Nebraska are all offering scholarships. Pat is only visiting Washington, which seems odd given his fixation on academics, and our significantly better Journalism program (96 vs. 78 rating). Perhaps some $$$ is exchanging hands on this one?

high school stats (after 7 games): 47 punts for a 48.27 average. He's also added 19 field goals.
offer status: Florida, Washington, Boston College, Penn State, South Carolina, New Mexico, Maryland, and Wake Forest are all offering scholarships. He is now visiting Boston College, who I feel we have a slight edge over.

high school stats (after 7 games): offensive lineman, so no stats.
offer status: Florida, Mililani Town (Hawaii), Virginia Tech, and Army are offering scholarships. While I expected Florida to be our chiefe rival here, out of nowhere Kyle has decided to visit Army first - the team I would have considered last in the race to land him. Hopefully he'll come to his senses soon.

high school stats (after 7 games): 52 catches, 1465 yards, 6 touchdowns. Defensively he has 37 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
offer status: Florida, Pitt, and Boston College are offering scholarships. Brady is now visiting Florida, the only team who beats us in the Team Prestige department. I feel like this is a real toss-up between Florida and us.

high school stats (after 7 games): no stats.
offer status: Now receiving a lot of action. Boston College, East Carolina, Missouri, Ohio State, Rice, Syracuse, and Washington are all offering scholarships. He's visiting a bunch of academic big-hitters, Rutgers, Rice, Ohio State, and academically suspect Syracuse. I think our proximity advantage should be the difference.

6'1", 200 lbs from Freeport, NY. J.B. is a tough-running multi-faceted back with an excellent brain in his head. While not much of a kick returner, our scouts think he can do anything he's asked on the offensive side of the ball - and his stats tell the same story. His priorites are Team Prestige and Academics. We should have a fair chance here.
high school stats (after 7 games): 183 rushes for 1,156 yards and 21 touchdowns. 46 catches for 744 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, 58 tackles and 4.5 sacks.
offer status: Viginia Tech, Tennessee, New Mexico, and Maryland are all offering scholarships. Amazingly Ohio State, the team who has the best chance of beating us out here, still hasn't offered him a scholarship. They've contacted him though.

ILB Jerome Dasilva - #15 ILB, #283 player nationally. scouted 68+
6'3", 218 lbs from Rochester, NY. A solid run-stopper, Jerome looks to be a good fit for our ILB position. He's a bit weak in pass coverage, but we won't be asking him to do much of it from the ILB slot. Coming from a strong high school, we think Jerome would be a quick developer. His priorities are a heavily stressed Academics, and team prestige.
high school stats (after 7 games): 66 tackles, 3 sacks. Offensively he has 7 catches for 132 yards and 1 touchdown at tight end.
offer status: Miami of Ohio and Purdue are offering scholarships. I know we jumped on this guy earlier than most big schools would have, but my scout is confident he can be a very solid player. We look like the clear-cut favorite here.

OLB Drew Maine - #67 OLB, #915 player nationally. scouted 59-
6'2", 211 lbs from Cresskill, NJ. Drew is a solid linebacker who excels in man-to-man coverage, an important talent in an OLB. I was hoping to find a better OLB prospect to pursue, but they simply aren't there this year. Every local talent is some nitwit who can't pull an 800 on the SAT. Drew favors academics and distance, a recipe that spells Rutgers.
high school stats (after 7 games): 63 tackles, 7 sacks, 1 interception. Offensively he also has 14 catches for 214 yards and 2 touchdowns.

DE Jason Denning - #15 defensive end, #78 player nationally. scouted 73+
6'3", 239 lbs from Fallston, Maryland. Jason is a solid end who is better at stopping the run than rushing the quarterback, but his sacks stats are still impressive. He favors academics and team prestige, so things look pretty good for us.
high school stats (after 7 games): 61 tackles, 11.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:37 PM   #33
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 4 Game Review

#7 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0) at Florida State Seminoles (0-1)

last meeting: last year we won 44-13 at home
series: 1-0 in our favor
coaches poll: Rutgers #7 and FSU #
the betting man says: Rutgers by 2
attendance: 74,200 (80,000)
weather: 84 degrees, fair
TV coverage: none

Due to Bucky Krakowski's knee injury, we were forced to switch to a 4-3 for the first time in a long time. I'm not sure, but i think it's been at least 5 seasons since we've played a 4-3 in a game.

FSU won the toss, and returned the kickoff to their own 21 yardline. On the first play from scrimmage, defensive tackle Eddie Corbett, the guy who was only in the lineup because of the 4-3 defense, sacked the Seminole QB for a 6 yard loss. 2 player later he would hurry him into an incomplete pass. Floridat State was pinned deep and punted to only their own 44 yardline.

QB Seth Duffy hit WR B.J. Durham for 18 yards to start the drive. RB Claude Altenburger ran 13 yards off left tackle, and Seth Duffy then found WR Dan Patrick for an 8 yard touchdown. 7-0 Rutgers!

A booming Vinny Ballard kickoff held Florida State to a touchback. Our stingy defense again forced a 3 and out, and once again took over inside FSU territory at the 44 yard line.

A one play drive - a 44 yard Cladue Altenburger touchdown run, put us up 14-0 with 11:17 still remaining in the first quarter!

Another touchback set FSU at their 20 yardline. Our defense held them to -3 yards on the first two plays, and just an 8 yard completion on 3rd down. Another short punt and nice return placed us at the Seminole 35 yard line.

We came out gunning again! In just 1 play, QB Seth Duffy found a wide open WR Wesley Kay for a 35 yard touchdown! We were just over 5 minutes into the game, but already up 21-0.

On their next posession, Florida State's offense again dug a hole. Starting at their own 23 yard line, we pushed them back 12 yards before forcing a punt. We took over at our own 48 yard line. Working with another shor field, QB Seth Duffy guided us for a touchdown, ending the drive with an 8 yard touchdown pass to WR B.J. Durham. 28-0 Rutgers.

A quieter second quarter would see FSU finally get a scoring opportunity (missed 44 yard field goal), and our kicker Vinny Ballard, add 2 field goals (41 and 34 yards). At halftime it was 34-0 Rutgers, and we had 270 yards to FSU's 50. The game was completely in our hands.

---2nd half---

Another quick touchdown in the second half put us up 41-0 and had the starters out of the game. The second team offense would keep rolling, with QB Joe Meadows looking quite good in relief of Seth Duffy. The 2nd string defense would let up some cheap touchdowns, but I didn't really mind.

Final Score: Rutgers 55, Florida State 14
Game MVP: WR Dan Patrick

Player of the Week nominees:
QB Seth Duffy - 16-for-23, 234 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions
WR Dan Patrick - 10 catches, 136 yards, 2 touchdowns
QB Joe Meadows - 13-for-16, 138 yards, 2 touchdowns
RB Claude Altenburger - 14 carries, 75 yards, 1 touchdown

Injury Report
OLB Ben Davidson - repetitive concussion syndrom - out - 23 weeks
ILB Bucky Krakowski - dislocated knee - out - 8 weeks
DT Peter Musterer - abdominal strain - doubtful - 5 weeks

Peter may have to suck it up and hang in there for a few weeks, we have very little DT depth.

Conference Snapshot
Week 4 Results
---------------
#7 RUTGERS 55 at Florida State 14

#8 VIRGINIA TECH 24 at Tulsa 20[TV5]
Miami 13 at #15 TEXAS 42
WEST VIRGINIA 31 at Kent 7
San Jose State 17 at #9 BOSTON COLLEGE 48
#14 CENTRAL FLORIDA 31 at Princeton 16
Middle Tennessee State 10 at PITT 27
Navy 6 at #2 SYRACUSE 48 [TV1]

Game Statistics
Code:

1Q: 12:58 RUTG - Daniel Patrick 8 pass from Seth Duffy.
1Q: 12:58 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
1Q: 11:10 RUTG - Claude Altenburger 44 run.
1Q: 11:10 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
1Q: 09:37 RUTG - Wesley Kay 35 pass from Seth Duffy.
1Q: 09:37 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
1Q: 03:57 RUTG - B.J. Durham 8 pass from Seth Duffy.
1Q: 03:57 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
2Q: 11:44 RUTG - Vinny Ballard 41 field goal.
2Q: 06:23 RUTG - Vinny Ballard 34 field goal.
3Q: 09:03 RUTG - Jon Burton 4 run.
3Q: 09:03 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
3Q: 04:26 RUTG - Daniel Patrick 13 pass from Joe Meadows.
3Q: 04:26 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
3Q: 00:06 FLST - Frank Zimmerman 21 pass from Clifton Bruce.
3Q: 00:06 FLST - Rod Maloney extra point.
4Q: 07:55 RUTG - Jon Burton 6 pass from Joe Meadows.
4Q: 07:55 RUTG - Vinny Ballard extra point.
4Q: 06:24 FLST - Frank Zimmerman 3 pass from Clifton Bruce.
4Q: 06:24 FLST - Rod Maloney extra point.

Game MVP: RUTG 8 Daniel Patrick

Rutgers		28	6	14	7	-	55
Florida State	0	0	7	7	-	14

Team Statistics		RUTG		FLST

First Downs		28		10

Total Rushes		36		19
Net Rushing Yards	138		100
Yards Per Carry		3.8		5.2
Rushing Yards		163		140
Tckld Loss/Yards	5-8		5-15
Sacked/Yards Lost	3-17		4-25

Pass Attempts		39		37
Completions		29		15
Passing Yards		372		144
Yards Per Attempt	9.5		3.8
Interceptions		0		5
Fumbles/Lost		0/0		1/0

Total Plays		75		56
Total Yards		510		244
Yards Per Play		6.8		4.3

3rd Down Plays		5/15		3/12

Penalties		9		7
Penalty Yards		64		59

Avg. Drive Start	OWN 37		OWN 27
Time Of Possession	35:10		24:50

Rutgers Individual Statistics

Rushing		Att	Yards	Avg	Long	TD	Stufd	Sackd
21 Altenburger	14	75	5.3	44	1	4	0
41 Burton	12	52	4.3	14	1	1	0
7 Duffy		5	4	0.8	7	0	0	2
30 Schulz	4	13	3.2	9	0	1	0
15 Meadows	1	-6	-6.0	0	0	0	1

Passing		Att	Comp	Yards	Yd/Att	Long	TD	Int
7 Duffy		23	16	234	10.1	35	3	0
15 Meadows	16	13	138	8.6	22	2	0

Receiving	Catch	Yards	Avg	YAC	Long	TD
8 Patrick	10	136	13.6	71	22	2
9 Kay		5	108	21.6	18	35	1
21 Altenburger	3	16	5.3	21	11	0
84 Arnold	3	44	14.6	18	22	0

Defense		Tackle	Assist	Sack	Int	IntYds	IntTD
35 Schulz	6	0	0.0	2	12	0
44 Carney	4	0	0.0	0	0	0
82 Buckner	4	0	0.0	0	0	0
23 Goode	4	0	0.0	0	0	0
43 Cerda	3	0	0.0	1	0	0

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-22-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:38 PM   #34
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

First Quarter National Review

In an effort to better tie myself (and my readers) into the national scene, I thought I'd take a quarterly look at the big developments around the nation.

Top Story: National Championship Hangover?

The football world was absolutely stunned when the 4 time National Champion Texas Longhorns dropped their opening game of the season - at home to North Carolina. Many attriubte the poor start to the after-affects of losing a heartbreaking national title game to Rutgers, and perhaps more importantly the loss of QB Wayne Martinson to graduation. Martinson was a two time Heisman winner (and 4 time nominee).

Another possibility is the rise of a football power in North carolina. After 4 weeks, the Tarheels are 3-0 and sit at #20 in the coaches polls. Carolina has managed a few ACC titles, but is actually coming off a disappointing 5-6 season. As the season plays out we will see whether Texas choked, or whether the Tarheels are a force to be reckoned with.

National Title Picture
Perennial Big Ten powers Ohio State and Michigan sit at number's 1 and 5 in the coaches polls, and their week 13 matchup again figures to play a prominent role in the National Championship game. If both teams head into the game 10-0, the winner is very likely to be heading to San Diego in pursuit of the big prize.

The Big East has risen to be perhaps the best conference in the nation, and it currently boasts an astounding 4 top 10 teams. Syracuse checks in at #2, defending champion Rutgers is at #7, Virginia Tech is at #9, and Boston College rounds out the top 10. An undefeated conference champion would almost certainly be able to punch a ticket to the title game.

No other conferences seem to have a true frontrunner, although the PAC-10's Washington and Stanford, as well as the WAC's Rice are currently enjoyed their moment in the sun.

Don't count out Texas. As always, the Longhorns have a very tough schedule. If they can run the table and win the Big 12 championship game, they may be able to make the voters forget their opening day gaff.

Around the Conferences
With conference play just beginning this coming week in most conferences, it may be a bit early to paint an accurate picture, but we'll try.

Big East
Perhaps the toughest conference in college ball right now, this appears to be another 3 team race between Rutgers, Virginia Tech, and Syracuse. Right now the edge appears to go to Rutgers, which returns 17 starters and has the luxury of playing both other contenders in Piscatway, NJ. The Week 5 tussle with Virginia Tech will probably produce the front-runner for the rest of the season.

ACC
Historically one of the harder-to-predict conferences, It appears that Maryland and North Carolina have the early lead, both starting with 3-0 records. North Carolina's upset of the Texas Longhorns has people paying attention. Maryland travels to Chapel Hill in week 10 for what should be the conference's game of the year.

Big Ten
Though 6 teams have jumped out to a 3-0 (non-conference) start, critics agree this is a two-team race between Michigan and Ohio State. The Week 13 classic between these two squads should be the winner-take-all climax to the season. If you're looking for a darkhorse, keep your eye on Northwestern.

Big Twelve
Despite the opening day loss, almost the entire nation expects Texas to handle the South division. Texas has lost just 2 conference games in 10 years. The North division is typically up for grabs, and this year is no different. After just 3 games, every team in the North has lost at least once. Missouri and Nebraska (both 2-1) figure to be battling it out for the right to play Texas in the Big 12 title game. Expect Texas to take the conference title.

PAC-10
Stanford has looked impressive against terrible competition so far, but may lack to toughness to do what it takes in conference play. Washington and Arizona are both also 3-0, and appear to be the teams strongest competitors. Arizona's 3 wins have all come against top 50 teams, including Big 12 powers Colorado and Nebraska. Smart money says Arizona will take their first confernece title since 2008.

SEC
In the East division, expect Florida to rebound from their opening loss (and only game so far), a 35-31 loss to Texas. Tennessee has looked shakey against mediocre opponents, and are just 2-1 to start the season. Florida's looking set to take their first division title since 2010. Tennessee and Georgia figure to be the real competition.

Already a conference without an undefeated team, the West division becomes even harder to predict. Defending division champion Mississippi have opened with an excruitating 0-3 road trip. Spirits are so low I cannot imagine them turning it around in time to take the division. Cross-state rival Miss. State look ready to take the division for the first time since 2009. Perhaps the toughest conference to call, the SEC could see division winners with records at or around 7-4.

tomorrow we'll take a look at the rest of the conferences...

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-22-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #35
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Great national roundup.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 06:59 PM   #36
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

First Quarter National Review - Part 2

Around the Conferences

Mountain West
A conference that has been in constant change of leadership, this year appears to be incredibly hard to call. Defending conference champ New Mexico is off to a 2-1 start, with their lone loss coming in a tight game to #5 ranked Michigan. While they appear to be the frontrunners, 7 teams in the conference are at least as good as 2-1, making this too close to call.

Conference USA
Two-time defending champs Cincinnati sit at 2-1, and look ready to defend the title. However, Army is off to a surprising 2-0 start against "respectable" competition. Houston is also at 2-0, and TCU and East Carolina are 2-1. I expect Cincinnati to hang on, with Army putting up a good fight.

WAC
Rice is looking to make it 7 straight conference titles, and are out to a 2-0 start with wins over Florida State and Texas A&M. Louisiana Tech has started 3-0 though, including big wins over Georgia and Oklahoma State. A week 12 matchup between Rice and Louisiana Tech should settle things. I predict an upset, with Louisiana Tech capturing their first title since 2003.

MAC
In the East I expect rising power central Florida to their first title since 2010. Miami of Ohio has at times risen fairly high in the national rankings though, and it should be a two-team race for the division title.

The West division has been a wacky place since 2002. Rarely does a winner repeat, and many teams have held the title in 10 years. Northern Illinois is off to a hot 3-0 start, but I feel Central Michigan is the team this season. Central Michigan is off to a 2-0 start against legitimate foes Kansas State and Oregon State. I expect the winner of the East division to ultimately defeat Western Michigan for the conference title.

Sun Belt
In what has been historically a 3-team race, the Sun Belt is settling in for another. The three best teams in the conference are the only 3 to win a game yet. 3-1 Arkansas State, 2-1 Lousiana-Monroe, and 2-1 Idaho sit atop a conference that features 4 winless teams. Idaho seems to have the best defense of the 3, winning 2 games over top 40 opponents, but their inept offense should haunt them. Lousiana-Monroes has racked up their wins against lousy schools, while Arkansas State has looked solid. I expect Arkansas State to edge out Idaho for the conference title.

Independents
South Florida has won 6 straight titles, but has opened 1-1 with their loss coming to Bowling Green. While the questionable loss has raised some questions, there remains good reason to beleive they can win a 7th straight confernce title. The biggest obstacle to that feat is the U-Conn Huskies, who have started 2-1 and played a fairly competitive game against defending National Champion Rutgers. For those who care, Notre Dame appears to have hit rock bottom this year with an 0-3 start. The Irish have been on a steady slide for the last 6 seasons. Expect South Florida to win a 7th straight title.

Volcano Eight
Pre-season favorite Mililani Town have completely turned off critics after dropping their opening game to San Diego State. The only other team to win a conference title over the last 9 years is Pearl City - and they have looked good in their 2-1 start. Their only loss coming to Top-25 ranked Air Force. Expect Pearl City to leap-frog cross-island rivals Mililani Town for the Volcano Eight championship.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:43 PM   #37
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Week 5 Recruiting

Things are just humming along right now. Things are looking at least "pretty good" with every recruit we're talking to, and we now have about half our recruits visiting. We know decision time is nearing, and we hope the news will be good. We are now offering 14 scholarships, and would consider a 15th if we get an early decision from someone.

Local Obligation Recruits

high school stats (after 8 games): 36 tackles, 6.0 sacks, and 8 interceptions. Offensively he has 5 catchs for 91 yards.
offer status: Hawaii has added a scholarship offer, joining Kentucky and Alabama. Army is still interested, but probably turned off by his academics. He's visiting us already. This is (in my mind) a done deal.

high school stats (after 8 games): 55 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 11 interceptions. Offensively he has 30 rushes for 152 yards, and 8 catches for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns.
offer status: Only West Virginia and Rutgers heave offered a scholarship. Alabama, Indiana, and Troy State are now speasking with Ed, but it's almost certinaly too late. Ed is visiting with us, and idolizes us.

Standard Recruits

high school stats (after 8 games): 69 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 10 interceptions. Offensively he has 31 rushes for 256 yards and 2 touchdowns - as well as 7 catches for 125 yards and 1 touchdown.
offer status: Jim is really attracting some attention. Ohio State, Syracuse, Stanford, Washington, Tennessee, and Louisiana-Monroe have all offered scholarships now. Jim is now visiting us along with Ohio State and Syracuse. This will be close, but I still think we're his best offer.

high school stats (after 8 games): 54 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 11 interceptions. Offensively he has 54 carries for 345 yards and 2 touchdowns. 13 catches, 316 yards, 2 touchdowns.
offer status: Washington, Oregon, Boston College, Maryland, and Nebraska are all offering scholarships. Pat is only visiting Washington, which seems odd given his fixation on academics, and our significantly better Journalism program (96 vs. 78 rating). Perhaps some $$$ is exchanging hands on this one?

high school stats (after 8 games): 51 punts for a 48.23 average. He's also added 20 field goals.
offer status: Florida, Washington, Boston College, Penn State, South Carolina, New Mexico, Maryland, and Wake Forest are all offering scholarships. He is now visiting Boston College and Florida. Florida I can understand beating us out, although if he sticks to his preferences, he'll be here next season.

high school stats (after 8 games): offensive lineman, so no stats.
offer status: Rice has added a scholarship offer, joining Florida, Mililani Town (Hawaii), Virginia Tech, and Army. Kyle is still surprisingly visiting only Army, a mystifying move.

high school stats (after 8 games): 59 catches, 1,632 yards, 8 touchdowns. Defensively he has 44 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
offer status: Big guns Texas and Ohio State have jumped in the ring with us, Florida, Pitt, and Boston College. Brady is still visiting only Florida, we're still the best in academics, but Ohio State and Texas are also forces to be reckoned with here. At least I know we must really be after a great player.

high school stats (after 8 games): no stats.
offer status: Having narrowed his schools to 5, Lonnie is visiting everyone: Michigan, Ohio State, Rice, us, and Syracuse. I still think our distance factor gives us the edge.

high school stats (after 7 games): 183 rushes for 1,156 yards and 21 touchdowns. 46 catches for 744 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, 58 tackles and 4.5 sacks.
offer status: BYU, Maryland, New Mexico, Ohio State, Tennessee, and Viginia Tech are all offering scholarships. He's visiting us and Ohio State. I think the Buckeyes have the edge here, so I have to start working on a Plan B in case this doesn't pan out.

ILB Jerome Dasilva - #15 ILB, #283 player nationally. scouted 68+
high school stats (after 7 games): 66 tackles, 3 sacks. Offensively he has 7 catches for 132 yards and 1 touchdown at tight end.
offer status: Houston has joined Miami of Ohio and Purdue with a scholarship offer. Jerome is visiting us, and I think our serious early interest has him very interested in playing here. We've made him a priority while other schools have been late-comers.

OLB Drew Maine - #67 OLB, #915 player nationally. scouted 59-
6'2", 211 lbs from Cresskill, NJ. Drew is a solid linebacker who excels in man-to-man coverage, an important talent in an OLB. I was hoping to find a better OLB prospect to pursue, but they simply aren't there this year. Every local talent is some nitwit who can't pull an 800 on the SAT. Drew favors academics and distance, a recipe that spells Rutgers.
high school stats (after 8 games): 72 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 2 interceptions. Offensively he also has 14 catches for 214 yards and 2 touchdowns.
offer status: Mississippi and Oregon State are offering scholarships. Drew is visiting us only, and we are head and shoulders above the competition.

DE Jason Denning - #15 defensive end, #78 player nationally. scouted 73+
6'3", 239 lbs from Fallston, Maryland. Jason is a solid end who is better at stopping the run than rushing the quarterback, but his sacks stats are still impressive. He favors academics and team prestige, so things look pretty good for us.
high school stats (after 8 games): 67 tackles, 13.5 sacks, and 3 interceptions.
offer status: Marshall and Maryland are offering scholarships. Texas is interested, and if they offer a scholarship they could steal him away from us. Jason has yet to visit with anyone.

DT Drew Barber - #20 defensive tackle, #288 player nationally. scouted 66+
6'2", 250 lbs from Oakhurst, NJ. Drew is a big-time run stopper who doesn't necessarily excel at rushing the passer. In our standard 3-4 defense, run-stopping is the priority though. Coming from a decent high school program, Drew won't be a total project. Intersted in academics and distance, we seem like a perfect fit. Better yet, Drew idolizes Rutgers!
high school stats (through 7 games): 61 tackles, 8.5 sacks.

TE Louie Stewart - #37 tight end, #811 player nationally. scouted 72++
6'4", 239 lbs from Wilmington, Deleware. Louie appears to be another tight end project from a so-so high school. A position where we have yet to have a true gamebreaker, we hope that with time Louie could develop into more than just another body. Our scout is high on his ability to make extra yardage, and have praised his good attitude. He favors Academics and Prestige, meaning we have an excellent chance to land him.
high school stats (through 8 games): 33 catches, 592 yards, 5 touchdowns. Defensively he has 69 tackles, 5.5 sacks, and 1 int.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #38
Kodos
Resident Alien

Go Rutgers!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #39
PilotMan
Head Coach

Rutgers has actually built a nice little team in my current game.

Overall of 97-76
Bowl record of 3-4

Bowl appearance in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012-2015.
Five straight winning seasons, and their records during the last five years are:
8-4, 10-2, 9-3, 9-3
Finished ranked #21 in 2006, and ranked #20 in 2013.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote