Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #1
samifan24
Pro Starter

FOF & CM4: Saving games to disc

Ok guys, I have a problem. I've been getting a win32k.sys file error message for the past couple of weeks and I called Dell and they tried to do a repair Windows for me and I thought it worked, but now the message keeps coming back. This is the same message I wrote about in a prior thread. Anyway, Dell is telling me I will most likely have to wipe my hard drive. I was wondering if there is any way to save my saved FOF and CM4 games. I'm hesitant to get started with FOF2004 because I may lose any career as soon as I get started. Anyone know if saving games to disc is possible? Thanks.

samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:26 AM   #2
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure about FOF but for CM, you would need to save on a CD-R, the game files are over 100MB's.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

For FOF, it's easy. Just zip up your "universe" directory in your FOF folder and burn it to a CD (or put it on a zip disk). It'll probably be too big for a floppy.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I guess that would be useful for CM too...

Your save game file is in CM4\user data\games. Keep in mind that your tactics and scout reports are kept in separate files, also in the 'user data' directory, so you will need to copy those over as well if you have any you want to keep.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:00 AM   #5
samifan24
Pro Starter

*bump*

You guys have been very helpful. I haven't had to wipe my hard drive yet but I think I will have to in the coming couple of weeks. Now one last question: is it possible to save Morrowind game files to a disc? Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
Hurst2112
College Starter

From my experience, some (if not most) games have a folder that is created for saved games. This is usually a folder that doesn't get uninstalled when you uninstall with windows (when the message come up saying that some files could not be deleted, that is usually the save folder).

I have had to save some of these files before. its just a matter of finding the right folders and burning them to disk.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #7
samifan24
Pro Starter

*bump*

Anyone have any last ditch ideas for the win32k.sys file which is causing my poor computer to go haywire? I'm willing to try almost anything before I go ahead with Dell's suggestion to erase my hard drive and do a complete reinstall of Windows. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:46 AM   #8
ice4277
Pro Rookie

You could try just re-installing Windows, but re-formatting is probably the best option.