Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2003, 08:01 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

FOF 2004--Coordinator Oddity?

Does it seem odd to anyone else that offensive and defensive coordinators apparently are only around for player development? The first thing I thnk of at any level of football when I hear the term "Offensive Coordinator" is the guy who calls the offensive plays, (same for Defensive Coordinator). It seems like it would make more sense if the Coordinators were the primary playcallers, and a combination of Off. Coord. and the Head Coach had an effect on offensive player development, and the Def. Coord. and Head Coach had an effect on defensive player development.

Now, maybe it works partially this way and the red ratings aren't the only ones that matter, but if so, I'd sure like to have an indication of such.

Thoughts?

--Ben

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-19-2003 at 08:02 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:07 AM   #2
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I found it off that my defensive co-ordinators at the start of a new career had much better ratings for offensive playcalling than defensive. Seems a little strange. I didn't realize they only affected development.

This goes to one of the issues with the FOF series. The games have excellent help files when it comes to the basic gameplay (especially considering it's a one-man operation). But when it comes to new features, there's very little information about that they do. We're just left to figure it out on our own.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:10 AM   #3
jetpunk2000
Waterboy Forever

Yea, I wondered the same thing. It would be even better if we had control over who called the plays. You know, say a defensive coordinator had great development skills and so-so playcalling, and your head guy was great with defensive play calling, you could have the coach handle the plays. Probably not an easy implementation there though. I would rather have each coordinator call the plays then.
jetpunk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
Daimyo
College Starter

I kind of like it this way. I find that once the rules governing the game are well defined it becomes a simple mathmatical excercise and loses the fun. The uncertainty keeps it interesting.

I have been working under the assumption that the highlighted ratings are all that matter though. While I like the OC/DC feature overall I do think it makes it too easy to have a super coach because its much easier to find three guys with strengths in a smaller subset of ratings than one guy with strengths in all the ratings.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
Tasan
College Starter

Is everyone SURE that the only ratings that matter for HC/OC/DC are the red highlighted ones?
Old 11-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasan
Is everyone SURE that the only ratings that matter for HC/OC/DC are the red highlighted ones?

No
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote