College Starter

Even more William Green fun

It just keeps getting better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1667606

The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

Green has told police that the injury was accidental, that he tripped while walking up stairs. But police don't believe him and Gray was arrested while Green was being treated for his wound.

Ummm. . . yeah officer, I was just walking up the stairs when I tripped, threw the knife behind me and it stuck in my back. No biggie.

There was an interview with Clinton Portis last night in Denver. The two sports guys asked him how in the world Butch Davis would pick William Green over him considering Davis had coached Portis in college. Portis responded that Davis didn't like him then, probably still doesn't like him and that he probably never would like him. Then he said that he was happy how everything turned out and hoped Davis was too.

I don't think you'll be seeing Portis on a Davis coached team. . . EVER.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
The_herd
College Starter

Clinton Portis wasn't a very popular player with some the the Canes' players either actually. His arrogance rubbed the wrong way with several player's. One of the Canes' players said that Willis McGahee couldn't stand him, the player claimed that Portis was constantly telling McGahee that it was his team and there was no way he would get any playing time as long as he was there. He went on to say that Portis isn't a bad guy, his confidence just borders on the verge of extreme arrogance.

Back to Green though, it will be very interesting to see how the NFL handles this. As Green is getting closer and closer to a 1 year suspension by the league.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
Green has told police that the injury was accidental, that he tripped while walking up stairs. But police don't believe him and Gray was arrested while Green was being treated for his wound.

Ummm. . . yeah officer, I was just walking up the stairs when I tripped, threw the knife behind me and it stuck in my back. No biggie.

"Uh, yeah, the guy was coming at me with a knife, and then he tripped and fell on it. He got back up, then fell on the knife again. This happened something like 80 to 90 times..."
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:41 PM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

"And then he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times."
- Cellblock Tango, Chicago
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote