Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Like Paradox Games?

Paradox Strategy Six-pack
Turn the tide of World War II. Discover the new world. Industrialize your country and colonize continents. Engage in the power struggles of medieval Europe or assume the role as a leader of one of the great Asian dynasties.

In a new release for the North American market Paradox offers 6 complete games in one pack!

Hearts of Iron
It’s 1939, and the threat of the Third Reich looms over all of Europe. Lead the Allied forces to victory, or take command of an Axis nation and sweep across the entire globe. Take control of virtually any nation and rewrite history as you see fit in this truly epic game of World War II strategy.

Victoria - An Empire under the Sun
Between ironclads and merchantmen, the New World and old homelands, the British Empire seeks to regain and maintain its former glory on the world stage. In this tumultuous, war-torn 18th-century, you can choose to help restore Britannia, guide the United States through the Civil War, Japan through its rush of modernization, or lead any country you wish to its own place in the sun in this unique and engaging strategy title.

Europa Universalis II
From the late Middle Ages to the Renaissance and beyond, new empires were created while old ones fell prey to the dangers of war, colonialism, and even faith. It was a time where a brave new idea could be as dangerous as the sharpest cutlass, and a single battle could mean the difference between independence and vassalage. Guide your chosen nation through these 400 years of progress and reshape the world.

Europa Universalis II - Asia Chapters
Asiatic countries are at a crucial turning point. The influence of Western civilization threatens to creep across their borders in an era marked by feuding samurai clans, the strength of the Ming dynasty, and legendary Korean warships. Dig into an alternative look at the 400 years of the original Europa Universalis II, complete with 20 minutes of additional animation and music, and become the conqueror of the four seas.

Two Thrones
The rivalry between England and France rages on from 1337 to 1490 as noble families in both countries fight to lay claim to the two thrones. Choose a side and direct your country through the Hundred Years’ War and the War of the Roses, all while trying to appease the Papacy and the toughest critics of all: your people.

Crown of the North
Torn apart by power struggles and civil war, Scandinavia finds itself being contested between Sweden, Norway and Denmark in the years 1275 to 1340. Take control of one of six local factions and pursue your right to the crown through high-powered politics, careful diplomacy and strategic combat.

Forum: Visit the Paradox forum
Release: February 21, 2005
Pre-order at Amazon.com

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
CAsterling
High School JV

Victoria - An Empire under the Sun
Thats a game I was thinking of ordering from the UK - looks like it might be a good challenge.
Thanks for the info, I will have to look out for this 6 pack.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Daimyo
College Starter

Do all the games use the same EU engine? (I've only played EU and EU2 from Paradox)
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Very cool.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

My biggest question is "Do all of the games run well on Windows XP?". I know some of the games are a few years old.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can personally vouch that Victoria, EU2, and HOI run on XP.

For those purchasing this, get the latest Victoria Improvement Project mod from the Paradox forums. It adds as much as the CORE mod does for HOI.
JPhillips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Calis
College Starter

Can you actually import from one game to another in these?

I remember way back they said that you'd be able to import from one game to another and continue your world, but have no clue if that ever came about, as I've only played the original EU and HoI.

Hope that made some sort of sense.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:36 AM   #8
KeyserSoze
H.S. Freshman Team

HOI2 is a real improvement of the first part.
The 1.01. version works well (amazing for Paradox). The commercial part works better, the combats are trickier, but I think more realistic. The development is less complex and the international affairs are deeper. Nice game.

EU2 for me is my real love. No matter what games I play, I always return to her...
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #9
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Daim, they are all derived from the same engine. The HOI games play different, but the rest are similar.

Calis - there is some importability. I think EU2 goes to Victoria. I think Crusader Kings (a newer title not listed) imports to EU2
Old 03-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

In addition to all those games, Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron 2 are both very good.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote