Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Blackadar
Retired

Your All-time Best Gaming Value?

Just thinking about how much time I've played WoW lately...

What do you think your all-time gaming value is - number of hours played vs. cost? I imagine mine may look like this:

Civilization - I literallly spent months playing this for $40. So did my roomie. I probably spent more than 1,000 hours on it. Probably my all-time best value. Civ 2 may not be too far behind.

Sim City - I used to run this overnight. Sometimes, I would play overnight for my $40. I remember building a city to its entirety, unleashing disaster after disaster until it was totally destroyed and burnt to the ground, renaming it Hiroshima (yes, I'm a sick puppy) and rebuilding it again. Good times. If you jacked up the tax value to 20% (max), you had almost unlimited funds to rebuild. Sim City 2 also occupied a lot of time, but nothing like the original.

FOF2 - I probably played this version the most - literally hundreds of hours. Taking dynasties into 2100 and beyond. Then I helped write the strategy guide. Not bad for $35.

Baldur's Gate 2 / SoA pack - I've played through it no less than 3 times - at 60-100 hours each run. Jon Irenicus must die! A good value since the games cost me a combined $80. A great game.

Planescape Torment - 40-60 hours each run, no less than 4 runs for $50. That's a lot of value, expecially I've probably played through it more than 4 times - maybe as many as 6. Still my favorite RPG of all time.

WoW - I've played WoW exclusively since I purchased it in November. I literally haven't played any other game since. My /played is measured in weeks at this point. Probably 25-28 days or so. That's 600 (or more) hours for $115 at this point.

It's interesting that every game on the list above was the *exclusive* game I played for a long period of time. So it's not that I played the computer much (or any) more than I usually did, I was just entirely obsessed with one game.

Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Three games jump out in my mind.

Baseball Pro 94/98, Football Pro 96, and FOF 2004.

I haven't played FBCB enough yet, but it's got serious replay value.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

Might and Magic 1: the secert of the inner sanctium my charaters levels where all past 1100. I had at least 10 notebooks of information from stuff i found in the game.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
Tigercat
College Starter

Looking at hours played, i would say:
Tie Fighter
Civ 2
Knights of the Old Republic (xbox)
NCAA football 2003&04(xbox)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

The original FOF is solidly on this list for me, and MVP 2005 is quickly getting there.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Given the hours I've gotten from it lately, I'm not so sure that the $3-$4 spent on a code for Omerta isn't one of the best bangs-for-the-gaming-buck I've ever had. The equation will get tougher when I reload the code after a month but for now, it's prolly right up there.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The ones I've played and played and played again, getting serious value per dollar would be....

Microleague Baseball (for my Atari 800XL)
Strat-O-Matic Computer Baseball
Baseball Mogul (first version)
Civilization 2
FOF2K1
FOF2004
Empire Earth
FBCB
Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #8
Bee
Pro Starter

ZangbandTK. Free game and probably in my top 5 most played games.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

Everquest... even with the $10/mo and the expansions and stuff, my per hour rate had to be insanely low.

Civ 2 I got a ton of time out of, probably more for that game than any other non MMO.

Of course there's online poker where I make money per hour, but I know that's not the point of this thread.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #10
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Medieval:Total War.

Bought it for 20 bucks, I played that game to death, beyond, and back again. Between me and a friend of mine, the hundreds of screenshots we took to compare and contrast, the massive amounts of house-rule challenges we made up for it...hoo yeah.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I could name quite a few, but the #1 for me is Football Manager. I've played well over 400 hours and it is still a game I want to play at least a bit (and sometimes for many hours) every day. Great value for 40 or 50 dollars.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-06-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:32 AM   #12
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Earl Weaver Baseball -- cost me about $70 and I played the hell out of it for about 9 or 10 years.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #13
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
ZangbandTK. Free game and probably in my top 5 most played games.

I have spent countless hours with the original Angband and a few of it's iterations. A great value (considering it is free).

I also spent many many hours playing the original X-Com--that had tremendous replay value. Others included: Civ and Civ2, Baldur's Gate 2, TCY, and FBCB. Panzer General 2 also took a lot of my time.

My only problem is that I rarely, if ever, finish a game. I still have never finished BG2, or X-Com. I have played a few Civ2's to the finish. Too many games, not enough time in the day.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #14
3ric
College Starter

Civ2, Civ3, FOF, CM, TCY, Front Page Sports Football 95 and 98

Edit:
d-oh! Forgot X-Com!

Last edited by 3ric : 04-06-2005 at 11:38 AM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #15
Havok
College Starter

BG2 - My all time favorite game, i'd say i've played all the way through and beat it at least 4-5 times, plus i've started and halfway finished it at least a half a dozen other times.

FOF4 - Endless hours i've sunk into this game, ran 1 franchise to around 2040 and im playing one right now that is in 2046.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #16
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ancient Domains of Mystery
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FOF of course
Starcraft
City of Heroes
Madden
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #18
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Probably yahoo games, chess, literati, euchre. It's scary when I see how many games I've played on there.

Among purchased games:
FOF, EQ and EQ2 without a doubt. Just had a friend by WoW for me last night, so that will hopefully end up on the list as well.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #19
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Just thinking about how much time I've played WoW lately...

What do you think your all-time gaming value is - number of hours played vs. cost? I imagine mine may look like this:

Civilization - I literallly spent months playing this for $40. So did my roomie. I probably spent more than 1,000 hours on it. Probably my all-time best value. Civ 2 may not be too far behind.

Sim City - I used to run this overnight. Sometimes, I would play overnight for my $40. I remember building a city to its entirety, unleashing disaster after disaster until it was totally destroyed and burnt to the ground, renaming it Hiroshima (yes, I'm a sick puppy) and rebuilding it again. Good times. If you jacked up the tax value to 20% (max), you had almost unlimited funds to rebuild. Sim City 2 also occupied a lot of time, but nothing like the original.

FOF2 - I probably played this version the most - literally hundreds of hours. Taking dynasties into 2100 and beyond. Then I helped write the strategy guide. Not bad for $35.

Baldur's Gate 2 / SoA pack - I've played through it no less than 3 times - at 60-100 hours each run. Jon Irenicus must die! A good value since the games cost me a combined $80. A great game.

Planescape Torment - 40-60 hours each run, no less than 4 runs for $50. That's a lot of value, expecially I've probably played through it more than 4 times - maybe as many as 6. Still my favorite RPG of all time.

WoW - I've played WoW exclusively since I purchased it in November. I literally haven't played any other game since. My /played is measured in weeks at this point. Probably 25-28 days or so. That's 600 (or more) hours for $115 at this point.

It's interesting that every game on the list above was the *exclusive* game I played for a long period of time. So it's not that I played the computer much (or any) more than I usually did, I was just entirely obsessed with one game.

That adds up to over 2000 hours. I can't help but think that if you spent that time at a job (lets say $25 per hour), you'd have $50,000.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #20
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Simulated Sports Basketball
Computer Simulated Fantasy Baseball

Both web-based games that I spent hours on without spending a dime. That makes my enjoyment ratio infinity on both.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #21
vyshka
Mascot

X-COM: UFO Defense
FPS Football.
Civ series.
Superstar Ice Hockey (C-64)
CM/FM series
Starflight I
SimCity series (C-64 through all PC incarnations)
Seven Cities of Gold (C-64)

Honorable Mentions:

SSI D&D series (C-64)
Original F-19 Stealth Fighter (C-64)
Original Gunship (C-64)
Age of Empires I & II
Starcraft
Master of Orion
Master of Magic
Empire

All of the above games got many hours of my time, especially the
C-64 titles growing up.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #22
Anthony
Banned

FOF2 is my all-time favorite game and most played ever.

Medieval: Total War is my #2, although i didn't put in as much time. never beat it though.

maybe FOF2K4 up there as well, but since i use that game mostly for MP i don't put a lot of time in it as i would a game i play solo. once you got MP it's hard to go back to solo.

OOTP series, again, for MP. i always get a lot of bang for my buck.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #23
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

FPS Football '97 - played that game with a friend for quite some time.
FPS Baseball '96 - I lived with two of my friends and we played this game day after day.
High Heat 2000 and 2002 - Ahhhh.. the days. Many hours spent on HH.
MVP 2005 - sheesh.. I play this game just about everyday now.
FOF - need I say anything?
ootp, fbcb, and TPB 2005 - again, these games are just plain fun to play.

Besides sports, Halo - Halo 2, Half Life, Medal of Honor, and a few others.

Wasteland on the commodore 64 consumed more of my time than any other rpg.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #24
tategter
High School JV

All 3 Total War games, every FOF version, and all but the last FrontPageSports Football sim have eaten a ton of my life away. Baldur's Gate 1&2 (plus expansions) and Civ2&3 deserve honorable mentions.
tategter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #25
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Super Tecmo Bowl for NES, without a doubt. I would bet I paid about two cents for every hour played

Other top values for me were the original FOF and Baseball Mogul, FPS Baseball 98, Tony LaRussa 3, Super Punch Out for the NES and the original Wizardry for the Apple 2e.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #26
Raven Hawk
College Starter

FOF 2k4 (PC) - The addition of MP leagues has gotten me severely addicted to this game. $/hour played is miniscule.

Hattrick (WWW) - What can I say, I love playing strategy games against other humans. The cost to play is free, or very cheap if you want to pay for the supporter. When I first got started, this was an addiction. Now I'm in a slower growth mode so it doesn't take up as much of my time.

NCAA 2004 (PS2) - I really enjoyed this one. Sometimes I'm a version behind, but I loved playing through this game in coach mode with a crappy team, trying to build it up.

Fantasy General (PC) - I played through this one countless times and I still have a hankering to play it. Well worth the $30 that I payed for it.

Civilization III (PC) - For some reason, I love to go for the cultural victories. There's nothing like having a neighboring city defect to you because of your cultural influence. Many hours played.

TCY (PC) - Come on Jim! Give me a new version to spend my money and my time on!

Nobunaga's Ambition (Super NES) - Why take over the world when you can take over Japan? This was a favorite from the high school/college days when me and my buddies would play the game all weekend long.

Bard's Tale II (C-64) The first computer RPG that I fell in love with. Thanks to this game, my sister didn't have access to a computer (loosely termed) until she went away to college.

Super Mario Karts (Super NES) - No better way to show a buddy who the boss is than blasting his Wario lovin' ass with a heat-seeking shell.

Midnight Club Racing (PS2) - Along the lines of Super Mario Karts, but in capture the flag mode. Many hours were spent on this game perfecting the "cherry picking" maneuver. I didn't like MCR2 because it added all the boosts and made it too much like a Mario Kart wannabe. All you need for this game is a chassis and a couple of nitros.

Tropico II (PC) - Picked it up cheap and spent countless hours playing it.

After hearing a couple of people tout the playability of Planescape: Torment, I have gone ahead and ordered that game. If it's as good as people say it is, the $6.31 that I paid for it will make it quite a bargain.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #27
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Ugh, I would be a little scared to add up the amount of time I have spent playing the CM/FM series in the past six years or so, ever since CM3 was released. As for one title out of the series, I would have to say I played 01/02 the most.

Other games I have invested a ton of time on include CivII, the original Doom, any of the NCAA Football games before this year's version, and so many on my C-64 when I was a kid that I can't remember them all. Good times.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #28
TLK
Pro Starter

NES- Tecmo Super Bowl
PS1- Crash Team Racing
PS2- MVP 2005 (Only $30, and it hasn't left my PS2 since it was released)
PC- FOF 2
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #29
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
That adds up to over 2000 hours. I can't help but think that if you spent that time at a job (lets say $25 per hour), you'd have $50,000.

Good point.

When I have been disappointed by a computer game in the past, I rarely worry all that much about the thirty bucks I lost. I'm much more ticked off about the dozens of hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Seems the same ought to apply here. Part of the reason I don't own a modern console game system -- not that I don't have a few hundred bucks to afford one, but that I don't want to get that much of my time sucked into it (which certainly could happen).

Opportunity cost.

For me, my list includes the FB Pro series, the FOF Series, and maybe Hooves of Thunder.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #30
vyshka
Mascot

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/gallery/image49.htm

okay thinking about this got me looking at some older game pictures
and I found another to add to the list 'Mail Order Monsters'. I remember spending
hours with my friend playing that on the C-64.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #31
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

the Civ series, from the 4 color days to present

sports sims in general (fof, ootp, mogul, fbb, tdcb, fbcb)

warcraft 2

the heroes of might & magic series

High Heat Baseball. Forget what year I started with this game. Not only did it have a decent career mode, but the batter pitcher matchup was revolutionary (everyone has ripped it off since). Used to play this one online all the time.

Quake -- the original one and still the best. Countless hours on the internet with old-school CTF. when I was in high school, my aunt had 5 computers in her classroom. We put Quake on all of them and played at least a few hours a day even when we were supposed to be in class.

Ultima Online beta -- $0, hundreds of hours.
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #32
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper

I've been gaming for 20 years....take any hobby over 20 years and I guarantee that you've spent at least that much time on that hobby.

And I earn more than that anyway.

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-06-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #33
Kevin
High School JV

Hmmm

1. Title Bout Championship Boxing - I'm still not sure why, but after 16 months, I'm still using it a lot.
2. OOTP3 - Played a lot with versions 2 through 5 with 3 being the peak. Became old hat by the time 6 came along and didn't play that version much.
3. Strat O Matic Basketball - Played non-stop for 8 months about 8 years ago
4. Pursue the Pennant - heavy use in 1991 and 1992
5. Links 2001 - Still fire it up on occasion

Honourable mention - Links 386 Pro. Played that sucker all night some weekends. The cost per hour was higher than the ones above because add on courses were $15 a pop, and I bought quite a few.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #34
vyshka
Mascot

The way I see it I wouldn't have used this time to work anyways, and would have probably spent more $$ doing something else.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #35
sabotai
General Manager

It's kind of hard for me to figure this one out. For as long as I can remember, I have played video games. Atari, C64, NES, Geneis, SNES, PS, PS2, XBox, Gameboy and Gameboy Advance are all the consoles I have had/owned, plus a couple of PCs (the last I have been basically upgrading the parts. In fact, there is nothing left from the upgraded PC. I have a lineage of the upgrades I have done. )

Anyway, I have played a LOT of games. I have never, ever just played one game exclusively for a period of time. I'm always playing games. So it's hard for me to try to come up with a hours-dollars estimate on the games I have played for as long as I can remember.

It's also hard to figure out since while I might remember certain games more fondly than others, that doesn't mean I played them more than others. Specifically, i LOVE RPG games, yet even if I played through FF3(us) 4 times (which I did), that's still only about 120 or so hours. But if I were to try to compare that to strategy game like Civ or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, two games I'm sure I put in at least that amount. But I remember almost every moment of those 4 run throughs of FF3, where now I barely remembe, the dollars to hours doesn't hold up. But I can remember almost ever monute of those 4 run throughs, yet I barely remember anything specific about the games I played in Civ or Romance.

So basically, if I were to try to answer this question with full effort, I would have to spend an entire night going through the games I have played in my life and trying to come up with a rough estimate for the ones I know I played a lot just to be able to sort them and give a short list of the most played per dollar......

But instead I'll just wing it.

Civ, Football Pro (94), Mail Order Monsters and FOF2.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #36
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

back in the day when I was rather new to the world of PC Gaming, I picked up Microprose's Conquer the Universe pack, which contained the first 2 X-Com games (which quickly became my favorite game of all time and still is), Master of Magic, and Master of Orion (One of my top 5). It was all for $20. I'd still be playing them if I knew how to get them to work on XP
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #37
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

WoW has great gaming value. It's really the first MMORPG that I've not had a problem paying for.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #38
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

TCY- bought it the day it came out and still play it today, actually me and my friend are going to play it tonight. We play the game as I'm the Defensive Coordinator and he's the Offensive coordinator, it makes the game very challenging. Anyways, this is the only game I've ever played for 4 years and not got tired of it. Plus, I'm still finding new ways to play the game.

A distant second would have to be X-COM, I just played that game a couple of months ago.... Great Game, i wish someone would make a remake of it.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #39
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life
TCY- bought it the day it came out and still play it today, actually me and my friend are going to play it tonight. We play the game as I'm the Defensive Coordinator and he's the Offensive coordinator, it makes the game very challenging.

What kind of rules do you guys use to play this way? How do you handle recruiting? I really like the idea, I'm just struggling to see how it would work very well.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #40
mgadfly
High School Varsity

1. Simsports Basketball
Cost: Free
Bang: Not the best game, but good enough to keep me coming back for more. I've played 30 seasons (* 9 weeks) and am still having fun.

2. Front Pages Sports Football
Cost: $100+ (for all the versions)
Bang: The game I measure all others against. The series died a horrible death, but at the height of my addiction I had a play book so massive and unique that it is now horrifying to look back at it (I still have the plays, play books, and profiles saved to disk) because of the countless hours I invested in a game.

3. Fast Break College Basketball
Cost: $30?
Bang: Had it before release as a tester and couldn't get enough. Still playing it like crazy. The addiction level is crazy.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #41
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Me and my buddy split the cost of 1984 season of APBA baseball. We played a whole season (me NL, him AL) for about the next 3 years. I think end of the World Series (LA over Det.) was one of the most depressing days of my childhood. That was the end of 3 years of one man simulation. So let's see...

12 teams x 81 home games x about 1/2 hour a game = 486 hours of childhood. Plus double this for stats. (It was all by hand back then.) Comes to about 2 cents an hour. Sixto Lezcano's 49 homeruns will always be a fond memory of my 1984 Phillies.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #42
vyshka
Mascot

There was a game out not too long ago, that is the shards of what was the next generation X-COM game. Originally called the 'Dreamland Chronicles' it got delayed
in development and eventually dropped. Then it was picked up by a different development company, and ended up being pubilshed as 'UFO: Aftermath'. There is a sequel to that coming out called 'UFO: Aftershock' . I haven't played the first b/c the story seemed nothing like X-COM at all. Anyone give it a thumbs up? I would love to see a new, multiplayer version of X-COM. I still remember the first time I ran into the Chrysalids.

Transport landed in town .... tank rolls down the ramp .... boom tank is toast and smoke is everywhere ... start deploying troops .... something is moving ... something is next to my troops ... 5 turns later vast majority of squad has turned zombie. That was an *ss whooping that day.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #43
Zippo
High School JV

OOTP 5.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #44
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Easily FM, and a close second would be NCAA Football 2005.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #45
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

UFO: Aftermath doesn't really have anything to do with X-Com except for the similiar theme.

There was another cancelled X-Com game called X-COM: Genesis which I believe was an official remake of the first game. I've seen a few screenshots of it but they weren't much because the game was cancelled very early in development.

However keep an eye on Laser Squad: Nemesis, which is the sequel to X-Com's predecessor, Laser Squad.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #46
vyshka
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
UFO: Aftermath doesn't really have anything to do with X-Com except for the similiar theme.

There was another cancelled X-Com game called X-COM: Genesis which I believe was an official remake of the first game. I've seen a few screenshots of it but they weren't much because the game was cancelled very early in development.

However keep an eye on Laser Squad: Nemesis, which is the sequel to X-Com's predecessor, Laser Squad.

The only connection I knew of to UFO was the guys doing Dreamland Chronicles were the same devs who did X-COM.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #47
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
The ones I've played and played and played again, getting serious value per dollar would be....

Microleague Baseball (for my Atari 800XL)
Strat-O-Matic Computer Baseball
Baseball Mogul (first version)
Civilization 2
FOF2K1
FOF2004
Empire Earth
FBCB

I don't know if you will see this Skydog, but I played Microleague Baseball, Computer Quarterback, and Summer Games on my Atari 800XL for more hours than I played anything in my life. With those three games, I was as happy as a kid could be. My adult life is easy, FOF series was a game I dreamed about since I got my first computer. The bang for the buck has been the best money spent.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #48
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

1. Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)

2. Front Office Football 2004 (PC)

3. Front Office Football 2001 (PC)

And my best values by other systems I owned:

Sega Genesis -
Probably Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sega Dreamcast - Jet Grind Radio
(hands down, probably a top-10 all-time game for me)
Super Nintendo - Super Mario Kart
NES Honorable Mentions -
Final Fantasy, RC Pro-Am, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #49
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I really hope when I'm dead that I can see my liftime statistics.

How many hours did I spend playing each NES game I ever owned?
What was my most listened to CD?
What was the longest consecutive sleep I ever had? Longest stretch without sleep?

and on and on and on....
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #50
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Sort of like an all-time favorites list? I guess in terms of hours of enjoyment (benefit) vs cost, my list would be:

Civ2
Pirates! Gold
Gothic 2
OOTP 5
Pharaoh
Jack Nicklaus 5 and 6
Imperialism II (esp since I got it off of eBay for $8)
and the game that started it all for me, SimCity (first version)
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote