Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
21C
College Prospect

FBCB Help - Player Text File Import

I'm posting this here since the FBCB board seems like a wasteland.

I put together a text file of the 04-05 season to import into the game but I keep getting a RTE 6. I made a program to parse all of the player stats and details into a file but it still took me ages to put it together just right. I kept getting the RTE so I tried some variations but no luck.

I made sure that everything was in the same order as the sample file but still nothing. I got the same error when I even tried the sample file.

I've uploaded the file if anyone wants to try it themselves and tell me what I'm doing wrong - the uploaded file doesn't have the column headings ( FirstName, LastName, Height, Weight, Age etc. ) but that didn't work either in an earlier attempt.

File http://web.aanet.com.au/21C/pafiledb...tion=file&id=9

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:02 AM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

I played with this for a very short while... I don't know how much troubleshooting you've done here so this might not help at all. If I just pull in youf first 15-20 records it works, so it does appear you have the basic format down. Is it possible there's a team with too many players, or a field that's incorrect somehow?

Otherwise, the message "overflow error" along w/ the RT 6 seems to indicate that something somewhere is too big or used wrong, perhaps there is a limit on the number of players you can import?

Hopefully HR will stop by with a clarification, but, my suggestion is to back up your file and expirement with it and see if you can find out if there's a specific record causing the problem or if its the number of records, or something like that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 AM   #3
21C
College Prospect

Thanks for taking a look and good to know it sort of works.

I thought that I might have had too many players per team so I went back and cut it back to 15 per team but it still didn't work for me. I'll try and look over it again to see what I'm missing.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Balldog
Pro Rookie

If nobody has figured anything out by then, I'll check it out this week (can't today).
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
21C
College Prospect

Found it!

I had one player with a "J" listed as their position. I'll upload the corrected file soon. It was Terrell Harris of Maryland-East Shore if you want to fix it yourself.