Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #101
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm waiting to see if any situations develop.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #102
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Nothing out there so I'll continue to spread the vote around...

Vote Lathum
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay...not gonna wait any longer I guess. No point in it, so I'll help spread the vote as well.

Vote RPI-Fan
Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 PM   #104
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hmm... I don't have Schmidty to try to railroad in this one... as tempting as revenge against ardent for suggesting I be offed in the last mafia might be, I'd rather not do that... this situation sucks. I don't have anybody good to vote for. This is pretty much a shot in the dark.

Vote RealDeal

Nothing personal.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #105
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I guess I better get a vote out there before too long

vote Raiders Army

just because I don't want to be the one lynching an innocent villager
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #106
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Here's the current, very tenative, tally.

2 - Blade (barkeep, lathum)
1 - Vince (kingfc)
1 - Kingfc (vince)
1 - Ardent (MrBug)
1 - Sack (henry)
1 - MrBug (ardent)
1 - Sack (henry)
1 - Bek (digamma)
1 - Saldana (cartman)
1 - Cartman (saldana)
1 - Barkeep49 (RPI-Fan)
1 - Lathum (dubbs)
1 - RPI Fan (raiders)
1 - RealDeal (Mr. W)

can you give us a breakdown of the order they voted in and if you have the time a time guess as well to help us break it down more? I would, but it looks like you already have a running spread sheet going on it.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't think I have ever seen it this spread out
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #108
saldana
Pro Starter

hey barkeep, you have sack listed 2x, which means there is still one more outstanding vote than your original tally. and thanks for doing the tally, makes it alot easier than scrolling through 100+ posts .
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #109
Barkeep49
Coordinator

EDIT: Updated through penny's vote (post 121)
To bring it on to the current page here is the current, ever changing, tally. If I edited it will be noted at the very top of the post.

2 - Blade (barkeep, lathum)
2 - Bek (digamma, pennywiseb)
1 - Vince (kingfc)
1 - Kingfc (vince)
1 - Ardent (MrBug)
1 - Sack (henry)
1 - MrBug (ardent)
1 - Saldana (cartman)
1 - Cartman (saldana)
1 - Barkeep49 (RPI-Fan)
1 - Lathum (dubbs)
1 - RPI Fan (raiders)
1 - RealDeal (Mr. W)
1 - RaidersArmy (sndvls)

That leaves 3 left to vote: Blade, realdeal, bek

Sndvls asked for voting order, which I frankly don't think means anything this early on, but here it is, along with time of vote (done in CDT):
Bug 12:06
Cartman 1:11
Vince 1:11
Lathum 1:22
Saldana 1:25
Barkeep 2:07
Sack 2:13
King 2:30
Henry 2:34
Digamma 2:40
Ardent 2:41
RPI 2:45
Dub 3:18
Raiders 3:22
Wednesday 3:32
SnDvls 3:56
pennywiseb 5:16

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-24-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #110
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
hey barkeep, you have sack listed 2x, which means there is still one more outstanding vote than your original tally. and thanks for doing the tally, makes it alot easier than scrolling through 100+ posts .
That was actually an error in my taking the votes from excel and making a post out of it and the count should be right.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #111
digamma
Torchbearer

I think your tally is missing a vote by Sack for henry.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Old 08-24-2005, 04:40 PM   #113
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma

That wasn't me, that was my twin, RackAttack.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #114
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sndvls asked for voting order, which I frankly don't think means anything this early on, but here it is, along with time of vote (done in CDT):
Bug 12:06
Cartman 1:11
Vince 1:11
Lathum 1:22
Saldana 1:25
Barkeep 2:07
Sack 2:13
King 2:30
Henry 2:34
Digamma 2:40
Ardent 2:41
RPI 2:45
Dub 3:18
Raiders 3:22
Wednesday 3:32
SnDvls 3:56

it does mean a little, being I was a mafia in the last game. usually you sit back and see what is said and done before you cast a vote, but you also don't want to be last or look like you were piling on. It just gives me a quick look at who voted whom and when. Mabey it will only help me, but thanks anyhow I appriciate it.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 PM   #115
henry296
College Starter

Lots of paired votes:

Me - SackAttack
Vince - Kingfc22
MrBug - Ardent
Cartman - saldana

Not sure what to make of it, but I found it interesting.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #116
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
it does mean a little, being I was a mafia in the last game. usually you sit back and see what is said and done before you cast a vote, but you also don't want to be last or look like you were piling on. It just gives me a quick look at who voted whom and when. Mabey it will only help me, but thanks anyhow I appriciate it.
While I think you're way too lazy, it certainly indicates that you're a villager since you are trying to do some type of analysis.

I'm glad I didn't vote for you, since I thought either RPI and you were pretty quiet (I didn't see his post with his vote earlier, doh!)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #117
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
While I think you're way too lazy, it certainly indicates that you're a villager since you are trying to do some type of analysis.

I'm glad I didn't vote for you, since I thought either RPI and you were pretty quiet (I didn't see his post with his vote earlier, doh!)

The attempt to figure out who's a wolf based on when during the first day they cast their vote strikes me a little bit like Vizzini and the wine. "Such and such, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

By intimating that the Mafia may try to vote in the middle to avoid arousing suspicion as early or late voters, wouldn't it make sense if they cast an early or late vote precisely because nobody expects them to do something so obvious?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #118
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
By intimating that the Mafia may try to vote in the middle to avoid arousing suspicion as early or late voters, wouldn't it make sense if they cast an early or late vote precisely because nobody expects them to do something so obvious?

see we broke that theory open by waiting for most if not all people to vote before talking about how we voted last mafia game. we also jumped all over two people (like you and I are doing now) who seemed to play against each other and debunked eachother's theories to keep suspision low on us.

I'm not saying they are doing this now, it's just something to think about on day 1 and to get the conversation going.

Last edited by SnDvls : 08-24-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #119
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
see we broke that theory open by waiting for most if not all people to vote before talking about how we voted last mafia game. we also jumped all over two people (like you and I are doing now) who seemed to play against each other and debunked eachother's theories to keep suspision low on us.

I'm not saying they are doing this now, it's just something to think about on day 1 and to get the conversation going.

I'm not jumping all over anybody at this point. I could just as easily throw a dart at a list of names and vote that way.

The point I'm trying to make is that trying to derive a pattern on day one really achieves very little. Statistically, there's about an 85% chance we nuke an innocent villager today. Voting patterns, particularly with school getting back in swing for folks (we started last week), don't necessarily mean as much as they might have in, say, mid-July.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Lots of paired votes:

Me - SackAttack
Vince - Kingfc22
MrBug - Ardent
Cartman - saldana

Not sure what to make of it, but I found it interesting.
I also find this interesting. Wouldn't it be clever for 2 mafia guys to say "hey, lets vote for each other on the first day, we won't be at to much risk since the vote is spread around so much. That way, down the road, if one of us gets lynched the other can say, hey, look back. I am innocent, I voted for that guy the first day"

It could certainly buy them some time
Old 08-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #121
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Sorry guys, I'm working at the fire station today and so my analysis and input are going to be very limited. I just got a chance to look over what everyone has said, but as usual on day one, no one is standing out to me. Since Bek hasn't really had much to say I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote towards him with basically no reason other than him being quite so early.

Vote Bek
Old 08-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #122
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not jumping all over anybody at this point. I could just as easily throw a dart at a list of names and vote that way.

The point I'm trying to make is that trying to derive a pattern on day one really achieves very little. Statistically, there's about an 85% chance we nuke an innocent villager today. Voting patterns, particularly with school getting back in swing for folks (we started last week), don't necessarily mean as much as they might have in, say, mid-July.

I'm not saying you were, but the mafia could turn it into that as I/we did in the last game with BearCat and you. Anyhow like I said it's something to look at for me at least.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM   #123
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not saying you were, but the mafia could turn it into that as I/we did in the last game with BearCat and you. Anyhow like I said it's something to look at for me at least.

I wasn't aware that I really had a dispute with Bearcat last time. I couldn't get a handle on him, he was changing votes so frequently.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #124
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wasn't aware that I really had a dispute with Bearcat last time. I couldn't get a handle on him, he was changing votes so frequently.

Here's how I played it. You were helping the villagers trying to get some thought and he disputed your theory or thoughts. I played it up to him being a mafia as he had voted for you and you were being helpful. Anyhow if we keep up this discussion two things could happen. 1) others join in and we get the mafia fast or 2) we become targets as we are talking and stirring up too much.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:33 PM   #125
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Here's how I played it. You were helping the villagers trying to get some thought and he disputed your theory or thoughts. I played it up to him being a mafia as he had voted for you and you were being helpful. Anyhow if we keep up this discussion two things could happen. 1) others join in and we get the mafia fast or 2) we become targets as we are talking and stirring up too much.

Oh, I see what you mean. I wasn't entirely clear on what you were saying in your earlier post. I understand now.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #126
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I also find this interesting. Wouldn't it be clever for 2 mafia guys to say "hey, lets vote for each other on the first day, we won't be at to much risk since the vote is spread around so much. That way, down the road, if one of us gets lynched the other can say, hey, look back. I am innocent, I voted for that guy the first day"

or you could just make of it exactly what i said before...cartman was trying to stir up trouble by singling someone out, he chose me, probably hoping i wouldnt know how to respond, in an effort to deter us from thinking about him...thus my retaliatory vote.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #127
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

I still don't get it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:23 PM   #128
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I got off work plenty early, so I'm back and willing to change my vote if anything comes up.

Quote:

Coming from someone who is possibly "utilizing the strategy" this might not mean much...

...but seriously, how much weight do you think a day 1 vote would count for later in the game? If someone were to come under suspicion later in the game, and say "But look, I voted for a wolf on day 1," do you think that would carry a lot of weight? I certainly would take said statement with a grain of salt.

That's just me though
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #129
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Well, I got off work plenty early, so I'm back and willing to change my vote if anything comes up.

Coming from someone who is possibly "utilizing the strategy" this might not mean much...

...but seriously, how much weight do you think a day 1 vote would count for later in the game? If someone were to come under suspicion later in the game, and say "But look, I voted for a wolf on day 1," do you think that would carry a lot of weight? I certainly would take said statement with a grain of salt.

That's just me though

Agreed. Now if it happened on day two or three, it carries more weight.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

That's just me though
How am I utilizing that strategy?

dubb voted for me, I didn't vote for him?

and I don't put to much stock in day one.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #131
Vince
Pro Starter

Oh, and as a postscript...

...on a day in which there is not much to go by, someone voting for you is a pretty good reason to vote for them, in my book. I hold nothing against kingfc22 for voting against me -- I don't like it, but there's really no "evidence" today.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:31 PM   #132
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
How am I utilizing that strategy?

dubb voted for me, I didn't vote for him?

and I don't put to much stock in day one.

No, my "defense" is coming from someone who might be utilizing the strategy, since kingfc22 voted for me.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Oh, and as a postscript...

...on a day in which there is not much to go by, someone voting for you is a pretty good reason to vote for them, in my book. I hold nothing against kingfc22 for voting against me -- I don't like it, but there's really no "evidence" today.
I agree 100%, I am just throwing it out there.

And if I am whacked tonight, I would look at one of those 8 people
Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
No, my "defense" is coming from someone who might be utilizing the strategy, since kingfc22 voted for me.
oh, I get it now
Old 08-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #135
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

BTW, if it seems like I am really active, I am just trying to get to 2000 posts
Old 08-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #136
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

what the hell is the vote count?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #137
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think the most recent count is back a couple of pages. Currently, Blade and Bek are tied with two votes. (Which seems oddly fitting...)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #138
henry296
College Starter

Unvote SackAttack
vote bek
Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 PM   #139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Never mind this post. Can't update chart at the moment.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-24-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #140
Blade6119
Coordinator

ill vote bek in an act of self-preservation...sorry matt
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 08-24-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:53 PM   #141
Vince
Pro Starter

So that moves Bek into the lead at 3, and SackAttack drops down to 0 votes against?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #142
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Interesting turn of events.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #143
saldana
Pro Starter

with blade's vote, bek now has 4
Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #144
SackAttack
Head Coach

I thought it was tied at 3 apiece between Bek and Blade. I'd have to go look it over again to be sure.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #145
Vince
Pro Starter

I think it was 2 to 2, but then Henry switched (from you, Josh) and Blade voted for Bek as well, so Bek now has 4.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #146
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I think it was 2 to 2, but then Henry switched (from you, Josh) and Blade voted for Bek as well, so Bek now has 4.

That has to be where my mistake was. I misread and thought he was unvoting me and voting for Blade. Stupid names-which-begin-with-B.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #147
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ack. I have to eat and then be at school in 15 minutes.

I'll be back around 10:30 pm. Good luck, guys!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:28 PM   #148
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
with blade's vote, bek now has 4
Who are the four? I only have three.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:30 PM   #149
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The two he had already, plus henry and Blade.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:37 PM   #150
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Henry, any explanation on why you switched?