Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 09:00 AM   #1
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Ping GoldenEagle Speeding up CM

Quote:
Does anyone know if you can apply for jobs in the background leagues in 3.9.68. I just downloaded it and ran a test league and it dosen't look like you can.

Nope you can't in 3.9.67 nor in 3.9.68, don't know if it's a bug or not.

What you need to do is to turn the league into a foreground one, and then you can apply for a job in it.

BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #2
Critch
lolzcat

There seems to be a problem with managers in background leagues. Teams in background leagues will fire managers or have managers retire, but they'll never replace them. They'll just carry on for years with the assistant manager running the team.

I played with the Scottish League in foreground, English league in background for about 6 seasons. When I turned the English League to foreground to try and move clubs, suddenly 30 English clubs were looking for a manager, filling the vacancies they'd had for years. Wasn't like that in the older versions
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Didn't notice that but you're probably right, that would mean that CM considers background leagues just as unselected leagues, only difference is that you can turn them into foreground leagues.

I guess that was made in order to speed things up but the job offers bug came with it.

(All this is pure speculation )
Old 01-24-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

In the past you could apply for jobs in background leagues. Maybe SI games will release a patch to fix this, since CM 4 was delayed.

But my original point was, i have 512 MB of RAM, it shouldnt take me 4 and half minutes to sim a Thursday night, even with all 27 leagues in the foreground. Agreed?
Old 01-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Agree
Old 01-25-2003, 06:33 AM   #6
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
But my original point was, i have 512 MB of RAM, it shouldnt take me 4 and half minutes to sim a Thursday night, even with all 27 leagues in the foreground. Agreed?

It's about the same for me, and I have 512 Megs of RAM too. It's not the simming of all the games that takes a while, its the processing of data at the end of the day. Hopefully it will be a little quicker in CM4.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #7
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, I can fly through all the games, I guess it just is the data. I only wish background leagues would fill manager jobs.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:32 PM   #8
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

That doesn't really change anything : to play in a league it must be selected as a foreground one.
Before CM was the one that handled the change when you were applying a job in a background league, now you must do it by yourself.