Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back from the Blue Man Group

I just got back from the touring Blue Man Group show How to be a Rock Megastar (or something like that). Awesome show. Some very good music with some help from Tracy Bonham, and the typical Blue Man flair. They did a version of Baba O'Riley that kicked all kinds of ass.

They also had an opening by Mike Relm. I don't know how well-known he is, but he had his turntable and other DJ gear out and was scratching up a storm and mixing all kinds of songs. That also kicked all kinds of ass.

If anybody gets a chance to catch this on their tour, I highly recommend seeing it.

BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Tracy Bonham

No fucking way, she's still kicking around? I have one of her albums from the mid-nineties and it kicks some serious ass...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
st.cronin
General Manager

mother, mother

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Word

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

When I saw Blue Man Group, Bonham was with them, and she played the Beyonce/Jay-Z song "Crazy in Love" on a violin. That was interesting, and it wasn't bad, either.

Blue Man Group puts on an excellent touring show, and if they're still in Las Vegas the next time I'm there, I hope to see how the Vegas show looks.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
When I saw Blue Man Group, Bonham was with them, and she played the Beyonce/Jay-Z song "Crazy in Love" on a violin. That was interesting, and it wasn't bad, either.

Blue Man Group puts on an excellent touring show, and if they're still in Las Vegas the next time I'm there, I hope to see how the Vegas show looks.

I saw the Vegas show last time I was there. Quite a different show, but very entertaining. I'd recommend that one as well.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I saw the Vegas show last time I was there. Quite a different show, but very entertaining. I'd recommend that one as well.

They're at the Venetian now, correct? I saw the show at the Luxor, but I think that they changed the show since the move. Even if it was the same show, I'd still go see it again. FYI.....if you've never been to a BMG show in Vegas, ask for seats in the first 3 rows. They're much cheaper (30% off if I remember correctly) and it's great to be close to the action.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
They're at the Venetian now, correct? I saw the show at the Luxor, but I think that they changed the show since the move. Even if it was the same show, I'd still go see it again. FYI.....if you've never been to a BMG show in Vegas, ask for seats in the first 3 rows. They're much cheaper (30% off if I remember correctly) and it's great to be close to the action.

They are now at the Venetian, but I was not aware that it is a different show. I saw them at the Luxor as well.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

old thread resurrection warning....

My wife saw them a couple years ago in Chicago when she was there for a week at a Plastics convention. She was amazed and tried to explain the whole concept and such.

Well, she learned yesterday that their How to be a Megastar tour 2.1 will be in Quebec City next September. "Maybe a birthday gift, no?" was her only hint.

I just bought two tickets for the show.

I'd never really paid attention to them back then but after watching a few videos I'm really looking forward to it myself even if September 26 is a long way to go... We'll be sitting at the floor level, 15th row or so. Close enough to see their facial expressions but not enough to get all messy, heh...

I'm even thinking about going to their online store and ordering their CD/DVD/T-Shirt combo for $35 and give it to her on the day of the show...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-18-2008 at 02:08 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
We'll be sitting at the floor level, 15th row or so. Close enough to see their facial expressions

...or lack thereof. Though the lack of facial expressions is one of the great parts of the show. I'm not sure how you communicate with no expression, but it is fun. I hope you both enjoy the show.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'm even thinking about going to their online store and ordering their CD/DVD/T-Shirt combo for $35 and give it to her on the day of the show...

FM

Didn't even realize they had CD/DVD of shows. Thanks for linking to it. I'll probably buy it.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

FM

Wait until after the show so she's not tempted to "be that guy."
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
...or lack thereof. Though the lack of facial expressions is one of the great parts of the show. I'm not sure how you communicate with no expression, but it is fun. I hope you both enjoy the show.

yeah, what I meant. Or maybe more the eyes and where they look and what not...

FM
Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Didn't even realize they had CD/DVD of shows. Thanks for linking to it. I'll probably buy it.

yeah, and to get both a DVD and a CD for that price is a pretty goo deal. The T-shirt will make it that much sweeter. They also have a fair number of items on clearance, like T-shirts for $10 so I might buy one for myself...

FM
Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Wait until after the show so she's not tempted to "be that guy."

oh, the plan is to give it to her right before we leave for the show, like not give her a shot at watching one minute of it. Same as after the show basically, but she could wear the T-shirt to the show...

FM
Old 04-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
yeah, and to get both a DVD and a CD for that price is a pretty goo deal. The T-shirt will make it that much sweeter. They also have a fair number of items on clearance, like T-shirts for $10 so I might buy one for myself...

FM

My 14 month old daughter goes into a trance and starts dancing every time music comes on the TV (her favorite TV show outside of cartoons is American Idol). I'm guessing she'd get lost in her thoughts if I turned on a DVD of the Blue Man Group.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI.....I just picked up the Blu-ray version of 'The Blue Man Group: How to be a Rockstar Live!'

Blue men playing instruments in HD is quite a sight to behold.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-13-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

going to see them in Vegas in June, looking forward to it.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #19
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
going to see them in Vegas in June, looking forward to it.

You sitting up front? I love the first three rows.

You'll have a great time.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You sitting up front? I love the first three rows.

You'll have a great time.

no, mezzanine
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
old thread resurrection warning....

My wife saw them a couple years ago in Chicago when she was there for a week at a Plastics convention. She was amazed and tried to explain the whole concept and such.

Well, she learned yesterday that their How to be a Megastar tour 2.1 will be in Quebec City next September. "Maybe a birthday gift, no?" was her only hint.

I just bought two tickets for the show.

I'd never really paid attention to them back then but after watching a few videos I'm really looking forward to it myself even if September 26 is a long way to go... We'll be sitting at the floor level, 15th row or so. Close enough to see their facial expressions but not enough to get all messy, heh...

FM

well, September 26 was last Friday and it was awesome! While the seats were not perfect (row N with A starting after AA, BB--HH, so about 22nd row or something on the floor level), expecially for my 5' 2" wife, the show was absolutely great. We were sort of on the side and at one point had one of the blue men walk no more than 10 feet from us, going all the way to the back of the floor. On his way back to the stage, I locke eyes with his emontionless eyes, pretty freaky.

I made a show of putting everything I'd bought from the Blue Man online store on ou bed while my wife was showering on Fridays morning. She came out of the showering and yelled like a little girl when she saw 2 T-shirts, a huge mug, a Floppy the banjo clown big blue hand and a umbrelly full of red question marks (we later learned the whys of the red question marks ). I had saved the CD/DVD combo to give to her later, since I didn't want her to have the temptation to watch it before the show. I dropped it in the glove box of her car and gave it to her after we came out of the show. We listened to the CD on the way back home. Was a very cool night.

Painter David Garibaldi was the opening act and we found him very impressive. They were selling his paintings of Bono, Mike Jagger, Jimi Hendrix for $1250 each after the show.

Also, simply FYI, Blue Man Group will appear on Dr Phil on October 2nd. Yeah, I know, Dr Phil, but they are supposed to perform too!

FM
Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #22
Kevin
High School JV

Good to know you had a great time. We're going to the Halifax show on Wednesday.