Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #451
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Brian Adias arrived late for the last show. Since we don't treat everyone equally here in WCCW, but give big stars breaks and make expamples of guys lower on the roster, Adias is suspended one week.

-The Iron Sheik and Les Thorton won the AWA Tag Team Championship from Steve Keirn and Bill Dundee.

-The Junkyard Dog won the top title in Mid-South, the North American Heavyweight Championship, for a 4th time, defeating Mr. Wrestling II.

-Barry Windham, who was out of work since Championship Wrestling from Florida went under in January, has signed with Mid-South. Barry would be a good fit with us, but he wanted a little too much money last time we negotiated.

-Former WWF World Champion Ray Stevens has left the WWF. He's retired from wrestling at this point, otherwise I might shoot him an offer.

-The TV show gets a 0.52 rating. That's about where we've been the last 2 weeks.

-Buddy Roberts is fully healed from his injury.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #452
molson
General Manager

Hey, if anyone wants an invite to join pwtorrents.net (the very best wrestling torrent site), pm me your email address and I'll hook you up. I've been sitting on some invites for a while.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #453
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 4, April 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,624. Ticket prices: $3 over default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 SOLD OUT

-Roddy Piper didn't show up this show. Hopefully he's not dead somewhere. But if he's not, he'll face a big punishment after the Adonis match at the King of Texas Wrestling Show. I'm leaning towards firing him and his bloated contract. Though, one thing I just noticed was that his "Hot Rod" gimmick has a rating of E+ - lowest in the company. So I've switched him to "Loose Cannon". I guess I'll see if that gives us any improvement.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Doug Sommers about his upcoming match with Ricky Morton. (D). Ricky Morton then cuts a promo, saying that he's disappointed that his injury kept him from a shot at qualifying for the world title tournament, but as a result, he's 100% focussed on getting revenge on Nikita Koloff (who still hasn't responded to Morton's challenge for a match). (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ricky Morton drew with Doug Sommers in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (C)

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to the ring to start the show. He announces that he's adding a stipulation to tonight's Hayes/David main event. That match will now be a Lumberjack Match, ensuring that there be no interference. (B-)

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated Villanos IV and V in 9:51 when Eaton pinned Villano IV. (C). Eaton & Ware looked good. After the match, Eaton and Koko cut a promo in the ring. They say it's a huge week for them - Eaton has qualified for the world title tournament, to take place this Friday, and Eaton & Koko will face The Sheepherders in a non-title match tomorrow night at the TV taping. Eaton & Ware say that once they get a win over the champs tomorrow, they've surely earned a title shot. (C+)

-Gary Hart comes out to the ring. He says that last week, he told Frank Dusek that he was considering offering him a contract. Now that Dusek has defeated Kevin Von Erich to qualify for the World Title Tournament, the papers have been signed - Hart introduces his newest client - Frank Dusek, who comes to the ring. (C+). Hart hypes Dusek, saying that even though he'll have to pull some upsets in the world title tournament, he's only 4 wins away from shocking the world and taking home the gold. And as Kevin found out last week - you can't take the grizzled veteran lightly. (C+)

-Kevin Von Erich defeated Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) in 8:24 by submission, in the rematch. (C-). After the match, Kevin cuts a promo. He says that while he won't be involved in the world title tournament, he'll be present at the arena that night, to make sure David gets a fair shot at the gold. (C-)

-Nikita Koloff comes to the ring with his manager, Boris Malenko. Malenko accepts the challenge made by Ricky Morton for a match. He says that the match won't happen, however, until Koloff has won the world title in the tournament on Saturday. Malenko also says once Koloff finally gets around to Morton, it will be a non-title match (C).

-WCCW World Championship Tournament - Qualifying Match
Tiger Mask defeats Nikita Koloff by DQ in 9:36 when Malenko interferred and attacked Tiger Mask, who seemingly had the match won. (B-). Tiger Mask earns the 12th and final spot in the tournament. After the match, Malenko and Koloff attack Tiger Mask 2-1, until Ricky Morton made the save and cleared the ring. (C+)

-Ted Dibaise (w/ Arman Hussein) defeated Jose Lothario in 4:31 by pinfall. (C-). Dibiase's injury took a big toll. (C-). After the match, Dibiase hyped the big tournament on Saturday, claiming that nobody in WCCW is better-equipped to wrestle and win 4 matches in one night than him. (B)

-Lumberjack Match
David Von Erich drew with Michael Hayes in 12:53 by DDQ after the referee lost control of the match, and the lumberjacks became physically involved. David and Hayes seemed completely unable and unwilling to abide by the rules, and the match became a violent mess. (B).

Overall Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-Another good show. I tried to give most of the guys in the tournament a little bit of a momentum boost going into the big show. That strategy will continue at the TV taping tomorrow night.

-Solid main event under lumberjack rules. About the average rating of Hayes/David 1-on-1 matches.

-This was something of a tryout match for Dibiase, to see how well he can go considering his current injury. Unfortunately for him, he failed the tryout. A healthy Dibiase has better stamina than anyone in the company not named Bob Backlund - he could do 4 tournament matches in his sleep. But unless he's fully healed by Saturday, he's not going to get out of the first round.

-Kevin's momentum went way, way, way down after losing to Frank Dusek (even though it was via tainted means), so I gave him the win back tonight. But Dusek's still in the tournament, and his segments with Gary Hart tonight showed that he might have a little relevance left yet.

-Ricky Morton was pretty pissed he only got a draw with Doug Sommers, but I just felt like mixing things up. With only a 10 minute time limit on the pre-show, there's going to be some "upset" draws.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #454
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Roddy Piper's not dead, but he didn't tell anyone about his no-show, and has no excuse. I've never dealt with a non-excuse no-show before, and the message is that I have "0 days to respond" (typically I have a week to hand out discipline if a guy's late). I'm not sure if that means I have indefinite time to discipline him, or if I have to do it today. In any event, I can't suspend him now, because of his much-hyped match with Adonis on Saturday. If I can still discipline him after that, his job is on the line (and obviously, I could fire him at anytime anyway, but tieing it to discipline sends a message, and is better for locker room morale.

Last edited by molson : 09-30-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #455
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any chance you could do a talent trade and ship Piper out to someone else in exchange for some other good talent for a few shows?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #456
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Any chance you could do a talent trade and ship Piper out to someone else in exchange for some other good talent for a few shows?

I could definitely trade him, and as a guy who has pretty big popularity in certain regions, I could probably get someone good back in exchange.

And it's a good suggestion - before I fire him (which I really want to do, because of his contract more than anything else), I might as well bring in someone high profile to see if they mesh well with our main eventers.

Come to think of it, I wonder if I could retain his contract soley for the purposes of favorable loan trades. I wouldn't use him at all in WCCW, and thus would only have to pay him his monthly downside. He'd probably get pissed off after a while, but it might be a reason to keep him around for a few more months.

Last edited by molson : 09-30-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #457
molson
General Manager

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (TV TAPING)
Tuesday, Week 4, April 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,247; Ticket Prices: +$4 over default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-This show will air one night after the big King of Texas Wrestling show - and after a new WCCW World Champion has been crowned.

-Pre-Show Segment
The unusual trio of the Road Warriors and The Great Kabuki come out to hype their upcoming six-man tag match against The Villanos & Super Kendo. The Road Warriors say they weren't sure what to make of Kabuki at first, but now they're ready to take him to some neighborhood bars in their hometown of Chicago. (C)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Road Warriors & The Great Kabuki defeated Villanos IV, V, and Super Kendo in 10:26 when Hawk pinned Villano IV. (C+). Kabuki looked good.

-As the show starts, Lance Russell & Marc Lowerence announce that that new world champion has been crowned, and that champion is: (To be edited into the TV broadcast after Saturday). (D+)

-Mike Von Erich, Jose Lothario, and Tommy Rodgers defeat Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart), Doug Sommers, and Al Perez in 8:45 when Lothario pinned Perez. (D+). Mike seemed off his game. Perez was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, Mike thanked Lothario for the mentorship he's given him as of late. Mike notes that Lothario played a big part in training his older brothers, so he respects him a great deal. (D).

-Iceman Parsons hypes his upcoming match with Nikita Koloff. (C).

-Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeats Iceman Parsons in 9:31 by pinfall. (C) Right before the ending of the match, Malenko again lit his "victory" cigar. (C). After the match, Malenko repeated his acceptance of the challenge made by Ricky Morton. However, Malenko says he and Koloff have a little something extra to add to the match - a Russian Chain. (C)

-Tiger Mask defeated King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 9:51 by DQ when Arturo Mendoza interfered. (B-). The match suffered from a lack of selling. Bundy and Mendoza continued the attack (including an avalanche from Bundy), leaving Tiger Mask laying. (B-)

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) in 12:44 when Ware pinned Miller. (A). Eaton looked good. After the match, the two teams continued brawling, all the way to the back. The announcers note how Eaton & Ware won the match with their high-risk aerial attack, but then showed they can brawl with The Sheepherders as well. (B-)

-Kevin Von Erich cut a promo, saying he's exercising his rematch clause tonight, and hopes to win back the TV title from Buddy Roberts. (C+). Roberts cut a hype promo as well. (C).

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Buddy Roberts drew with Kevin Von Erich in 10:00 when the time limit expired. Buddy makes his 1st defense of the TV title. (B+).

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-I'm pretty disappointed with only a B-, considering how good the last two matches were.

-This was largely a throw-away "pre-big event show", so I threw out a main event of the old reliables, Kevin v. Buddy (though this was only their second match together this year).

-But the match of the night was clearly Koko/Eaton v. The Sheepherders. It was the best tag team match in WCCW history (or at least in this dynasty so far). I attribute the rating to their ongoing storyline, which is heating up.

-And even King Kong Bundy was carried to a solid match, by Tiger Mask. Tiger Mask is the hottest star in WCCW right now, at least in terms of momentum.

-Mike started a semi-active team with his new "mentor", Jose Lothario. I know that usually, acknowledging a mentorship in pro wrestling is a pretext to disaster, that probably won't be the case here.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #458
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-It looks like I'm allowed to discipline Piper whenever I want for his transgression. So he's on thin ice. We'll let him roll with his new "loose cannon" gimmick for a while, to see if he can justify his contract. There'll probably be a talent trade in the meantime as well.

-Greg Valentine won the NWA United States Championship for a 4th time, defeating Jay Youngblood.

-The TV show gets a 0.56 rating. That's our best rating ever since going national. The timing is good, as in just new days, networks begin accepting applications for new season (starting in June). We'll have a big decision to make at that point, but I'm leaning towards going dark, and looking for a better network/better timeslot. Fortunately, by staying in Texas this month, we've had a great financial month.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #459
molson
General Manager

KING OF TEXAS WRESTLING
Saturday, Week 4, April 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 4,310 (5,000 Capacity)

-I definitely should have scheduled this event for 3 hours instead of 2 1/2, and the result is a one-night tournament show with some time restraints. I'm dealing with that by using some unique 1st-round rules, in order to save some time for some lengthy later-round matches.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mike Von Erich & Jose Lothario defeated The Villanos in 5:49 when Jose pinned Villano V. (C). After the match, Lothario cut a promo with Mike by his side, saying that they'd love to challenge for the tag titles. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russell interviews Owen Hart, who is now sporting a crew cut, courtesy of Adrian Adonis. Hart says he was humiliated in the ring by Adonis, but all he can do is get back to action as quickly as possible. Hart says he'll be watching the Adonis/Piper match tonight, and he'll be rooting for Piper to give Adonis a taste of his own medicine. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Doug Sommers defeated Owen Hart in 5:49 by pinfall. (D+) Sommers seemed off his game.

-As the show starts, Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring. He said he's kept the specifics of tournament quiet until this moment, in order to add an element of uncertainly for the participants. He says that all the rules and details - including the specific 1st-round pairings, have been a secret until now. Fritz then explains the rules of the tournament (C+):

-4 1st-Round matches, featuring the 8 men who have won qualifying matches over the last month:
Iceman Parsons v. Buddy Roberts
The Great Kabuki v. Frank Dusek
Ted Dibiase v. Bobby Eaton
Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask

-The first round is the "Lightning Round". All matches will have only a 5-minute time limit. If the time limit expires, or the match otherwise ends in a draw, a panel of 3 (Bronco Lubich, JR Foley, and Jose Lothario) will vote to determine who moves on to the next round.

-By virtue of his victory in the triple threat match at Last Man Standing, Michael Hayes gets the first choice as to which first-round winner he'll face off with in the quarter-finals. The other 3 1st-round winners will be randomly paired off against the 3 other wrestlers who earned first-round byes: Bob Backlund, David Von Erich, and Terry Gordy.

-The quarter-final matches will have a 20 minute limit, the semi-final matches, 30 minute time limit, the championship match - no time limit. In the case of a draw in the quarter-finals or semi-finals, the 3-man panel again will decide who moves on. In the championship match, however, there must be a decisive winner in the ring.

-Roddy Piper is on the set of Piper's Pit in a corner of the arena. He has a barber chair setup there. Piper hypes his hair v. hair match with Adonis tonight, and seems a little more unstable than usual (he's debuting his "loose cannon" gimmick). Piper says after he shaves Adonis bald tonight, he might not stop there - Skandor Akbar, The Sheepherders, Lord Alfred Hayes, David Manning, the popcorn vendors, the timekeeper - they all might look better with a little trim. (C+). Adonis interrupts Piper's ramblings, and claims that Piper is unstable because he's scared. (C)

-World Title Tournament: 1st-Round Match
Buddy Roberts defeats Iceman Parsons in 3:45 by pinfall, with a handful of tights. (C+)

-World Title Tournament: 1st-Round Match
Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) defeated The Great Kabuki in 1:06 by pinfall. After the bell rang, Kabuki dominated the first few seconds until Gary Hart jumped on the ring apron. Kabuki then sprayed his old manager in the face with the green mist. Dusek rolled up the distracted Kabuki, and grabbed the ropes for leverage, scoring the upset pin.

-Ted Dibiase hyped his upcoming tournament match with Bobby Eaton. Dibiase said that the "lightning rules" will be to his advantage, as all he has to do is last the entire 5 minutes with Eaton. He then subtly implies that he may have lined the pockets of the judges to insure he gets into the next round. (B+)

-WCCW World Title Tournament: 1st-Round Match
Ted Dibiase (w/Arman Hussein) drew with Bobby Eaton in 5:00 when the time limit expired. Dibiase was clearly trying to stall to reach the time limit. (C+). Dibiase's injury took a big toll. After the match, Marc Lowrence conferred with the ringside judges, and announced there was a split decision. Lubich voted for Eaton, Foley voted for Dibiase, and Lothario cast the tiebreaking vote to Bobby Eaton, who advances in the tournament. An irate Dibiase and Hussein confront Lothario at ringside, though the 3 are quickly separated. (C+)

-Arturo Mendoza came to the ring with King Kong Bundy. Bundy cuts a promo, saying that since Gary Hart's eyes have been damaged by a "savage" earlier in the night, Bundy is out to lend his support to Mendoza. Bundy says he's sure that Tiger Mask's ribs are still a little sore from the attack Bundy and Mendoza laid on him at the TV taping this week. (B-)

-WCCW World Title Tournament: 1st Round Match
Arturo Mendoza (w/ King Kong Bundy) drew with Tiger Mask in 5:00 when the time limit expired. (B+). Marc Lowerence announced that the judges had reached another split decision: Lubich for Tiger Mask, Foley for Mendoza, and Lothario for Tiger Mask, who advances to the quarter-finals. King Kong Bundy angrily goes after Jose Lothario at ringside, but Lothario holds his ground and picks up a chair to defend himself. A brief mele ensues at ringside, but order is soon restored. (C)

-Michael Hayes comes to the ring for his Quarter-Final Match, with will be against the 1st-round winner of his choosing. Hayes says he had considered picking Buddy Roberts, have the two flip a coin, and guarantee a Freebird in the semi-finals. But after the dominance the Freebirds have had in WCCW over the last few weeks, he says he sees no reason to be conservative. He says that both Bobby Eaton and Tiger Mask are a little too "jumpy", and he needs to conserve his energy for the rest of the tournament. So, Hayes selects the man he says he can beat without breaking a sweat, a man who's only even in the tournament at all because of the help of the Freebirds in his qualfying match against Kevin last week - Frank Dusek. (B-)

-WCCW World Title Tournament - Quarter-Final Match
Frank Dusek defeated Michael Hayes by pinfall in 3:37. Hayes was dominating the early going until Kevin Von Erich showed up at ringside and distracted Hayes, allowing Dusek to get a quick rollup pin. (C-). Kevin gets revenge for for Hayes costing him his qualifying match against Dusek last week.

-The remaining quarter-final matches are then announced:
Buddy Roberts v. David Von Erich
Tiger Mask v. Terry Gordy
Bobby Eaton v. Bob Backlund

-Buddy Roberts hyped his upcoming match with David - he says that Kevin's actions in the last match were absolutely classless, and he'll have Gordy and Hayes in his corner in the next match to ensure that the Von Erichs can't cheat their way to another victory. (C)

-WCCW World Title Tournament: Quarter-Final Match
David Von Erich (w/Mike & Kevin) defeats Buddy Roberts (w/Hayes & Gordy) by pinfall in 6:46. (B-) This match featured interference from everyone at ringside, but the referee was reluctant to DQ anyone. Roberts gets the win after several false finishes.

Terry Gordy defeats Tiger Mask in 8:36 by submission. (A). The big man eventually wore Tiger Mask (who was wrestling his 2nd match), down.

Bob Backlund defeated Bobby Eaton in 9:17 by submission. (B-). The two showed poor chemistry.

-The final 4 in the tournament, and semi-final matchups, have now been set:
David Von Erich v. Frank Dusek
Terry Gordy v. Bob Backlund

-WCCW World Title Tournament: Semi-Final Match
David Von Erich (w/Kevin & Mike) defeats Frank Dusek (w/The Freebirds) in 38 seconds by pinfall. (B-). All of the Von Erichs and Freebirds were at ringside, seemingly prepared for another all-out, interference-loaded brawl. However, David didn't take any chances - he kept Dusek in the middle of the ring, and quickly slapped on the iron claw to get the win in the first minute.

-WCCW World Title Tournament: Semi-Final Match
Terry Gordy (w/Michael Hayes) defeats Bob Backlund in 14:26 by pinfall. (B) At one point, Hayes struck Backlund with a chair outside the ring. Backlund never fully recovered. The two showed poor chemistry (possibly just because this was a heel v. heel matchup).

-Adrian Adonis came to the ring for his hair v. hair match with Piper. He promises all the "adoring women" in attendance that his hair will get through the night intact. (C+). The barber's chair has been moved from the Piper's Pit set to ringside.

-Hair v. Hair
-World Title #1 Contender Match
Roddy Piper defeated Adrian Adonis (w/Skandor Akbar) in 10:46 by submission. (B+). Piper grabs a chair and scares off Akbar from ringside, leaving him alone with the semi-conscious Adonis, who he maneuvers into the barber's chair. Piper shaves Adonis' head bald. As Adonis comes to, Piper holds up a mirror - Adonis sees himself and freaks out, before retreating to the back. (C+). Piper celebrates in the ring, and briefly teases going after various ringside officials with the hair clippers. (C+)

-David Von Erich cuts a promo hyping the tournament final match. David says he won this tournament last year, and it's been a crazy 12 months since then. He said he's never had a time tougher personally or professionally then the last 2 months, when he's lost the world title, the six-man tag team titles, Kevin's lost the TV Title, his brother Kerry has become alienated from the family, the Freebirds have gained influence and have threatened his family's role in the company. But David said that tonight, he's now just one match away from a new beginning for himself, and his family. (B)

-Fritz comes out the ring and announces that in light of the events of tonight, he's adding a stipulation to the tournament final - all wrestlers are banned from the ringside area, and face immediate suspension if they do leave the dressing room area while the match is in progress (B-)

-WCCW World Title Tournament - Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats Terry Gordy in 16:51 by submission to win the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament and the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship for a second time. (A+). After the match, David celebrates in the ring with Kevin & Mike. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B+

THOUGHTS:

-The 114th show of the dynasty is the very first to crack the B+ barrier. This show definitely had a big-event feel, and it was capped by a great main event - I think that was our 4th A+ match ever.

-David winning the whole thing might not be the most creative finish, but he's our Hogan/Cena, and having the belt on him is never a bad idea. It's our best storyline prop too - The Freebirds are going to continue their quest to take over WCCW, and will continue to have success - but the one thing that will elude them (at least for now), is the world championship.

-Otherwise, the theme of the tournament was rampant interference, and Frank Dusek's miracle run to the semi-finals as a fortunate "pawn" in the Freebird/Von Erich war. The 2nd best tournament match was the Tiger Mask/Gordy quarter final, which scored an A. I was very happy with the tournament match ratings as a whole.

-Adonis/Piper also delivered to a B+ match. Piper is now the #1 contender to the world championship. He'll probably get his shot, but I still haven't decided if he stays after that.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #460
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As expected, a lot of guys that were involved in the tournament are in need of a break at this point: David, Roberts, Dusek, Eaton, Backlund, Tiger Mask, and Terry Gordy. I'll try to keep them all out of matches next week to the extent I can.

-Unbelievably, Roddy Piper, already on thin ice for his no-show last week, showed up late to the tournament show. He's on the verge of being brutally jobbed out.

-Houston Championship Wrestling, in debt for months, has officially gone out of business. I immediately request negotiations for Gino Hernandez - who had cited loyalty to HCW in the past as a reason not to talk to us. He'd be a great replacement for Piper. There's also a lot of regionally popular talent out there who might bring down their asking price. Maybe I'll have a HCW stable led by Paul Boesch.

-Precious is offically gone from WCCW. She hasn't been seen since Jimmy Garvin left.

-As of today, TV shows are accepting applications for new shows starting June 1. I'm leaning towards running one or two TV shows, canceling that contract, and then giving myself a window of 2-3 weeks to find something else. (TV shows won't consider applications from cult-level promotions if they already have a show).

-George Steele has officially retired. George had a very, very brief run with us last October, but was only around for about 2 weeks, wrestling two matches.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #461
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Love this dynasty! Glad your back to it with regular updates
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #462
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF APRIL, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 65.7% (same as last month)
-Midwest: 58.4% (Up from 57.8% last month)
-Southeast: 42.3% (up from 40.0% last month)
-Great Lakes: 38.0% (up from 36.4% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 38.0% (up from 36.4% last month)
-New England: 38.0% (up from 36.4% last month)
-North West: 38.0% (up from 36.4% last month)
-Tri-State: 38.0% (up from 36.4% last month)
-Southwest: 37.9% (up from 36.4% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 36.8% (up from 35.2% last month)
-Northern Mexico: 30.7% (same as last month)

-Popularity increases are somewhat smaller this month, since I ran every single show in Texas. At some point, I'd like to add a third weekly show, but I already have fatigue issues as is, and I really want to cut back on the roster some. A better plan may still be the "B brand", where I focus on improving the popularity in a specific region. That would also require a somewhat larger roster (maybe 5-6 more guys). All such plans will wait until I see what my TV situation is in a few weeks.

-This will be a HUGE month in the tv department. I currently have national coverage which is great, but I have an awful timeslot. I'm going to cancel that contract this month, and seek a new one, with a better time slot, and perhaps, some international reach (into Canada).

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 562,535 (650,200)
Sponsors: 75,996 (77,312)
Merchandise: 19,120 (18,000)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 277,793 (293,314)
Show Costs: 120,500 (113,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 43,144 (42,024)
Production: 75,000 (75,000)
Misc: 180,040 (162,507)

Total Profit: $23,839 ($-52,498)
Cash in Bank: $749,270 (725,431)

-We did make a profit for the first time since December 1983, but the profit is pretty slight considering I ran every show in Texas. The culprit is the infamous "miscellaneous expenses", which this month, reached $180k. Over at the TEW forums, I've learned that those expenses are something that burn you at Cult level, and have the intention of making the jump to National very difficult. They're the expenses that go into running a company of this size, and they're seemingly unpredictable month-to-month.

-This was my lowest worker bill since December also, and I'm going to continue to try to be more conservative with that. I'm currently 8 workers above my "ideal size" (the minimum size I can be at cult level and not seem "amateurish" to fans, which would effect prestige levels. As always, I'd like to trim down, but there's never any obvious cuts. Piper will probably be gone soon though.

-1985 will bring a new potential source of income though - PPVs. Also, if I can get a better TV deal, that might help my sponsorship income.

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #463
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of April, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 82.5% Prestige (Down from 83.6% Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - newly crowned

-Television Champion - 64.1% Prestige (up from 62.1% last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Jack Roberts - 1 Title Defense, 2-week reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 63.6% Prestige (Same as Last Month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders - 3 Title Defenses, 2-month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
The Freebirds - 0 title defenses, 2-week reign

-I have a little bit of "tournament fatigue", so it'll probably be a few months until the Cruiserweight Title Tournament starts.

-The Six-Man Tag Titles have been on their deathbed for months, but with the Freebirds/Von Erichs feud back in full force, they'll stick around for now.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #464
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF APRIL, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Freebirds v. Von Erichs; recently evolved for the second time, (David, Kerry, Mike, Kevin, Fritz, Gordy, Hayes, Roberts; September)
2. Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask (Mendoza, King Kong Bundy, Tiger Mask, Great Kabuki; April)
3. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
4. Koloff/Malenko v. Morton (Malenko, Koloff, Morton, Russell; February)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Ted Dibiase, Bob Backlund, Roddy Piper, Adrian Adonis, Road Warriors, Buddy Landell, Iceman Parsons, Frank Dusek, Tommy Rodgers, Brian Adias, Doug Sommers)

-The Adonis/Piper storyline has officially ended. Adonis will be off TV for about 2 months as he changes gimmicks from "Playboy" to "Redneck". Piper's currently the #1 contender for the world title, and will get a few shots at David before I (probably) send him packing.

-The Freebird/Von Erich storyline is officially the hottest storyline in WCCW history, with a current "A" rating for heat. That'll be the focus of most of our shows, so there's a lot of guys without storylines. Bob Backlund will continue to be an unofficial part of the Freebird/Von Erich angle, and Dibiase will probably have to wait until he's 100% healthy to be part of a storyline.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in May, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund, WWF (Sun, 4th Fri)
-Gary Hart, Mid-Atlantic (Fri, Wed, 4th Sat)
-Michael Hayes, WWF (Sun, 4th Fri)

-Same three that have had conflicts for the last few months. At some point in the last few months I've surpassed Geogria and All-Japan in prestige. That makes me the third most prestigious promotion in the world - trailing only the WWF and Mid-Atlantic (I started the dynasty 7th or 8th place in worldwide prestige). That means that I'm everyone's priority company, unless they work for one of the big 2. Our big show at the end of the month is Parade of Champions, the last Saturday of the month (which makes Gary Hart unavailable for that show).

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Brian Adias
-Buddy Landell
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Sommers
-Frank Dusek
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Road Warrior Animal
-Super Kendo
-Terry Gordy
-The Great Kabuki
-Tommy Rodgers
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Buddy Landell is very unhappy about the number of shows he's been unused.
-Kerry Von Erich is extremely unhappy about the number of shows he's been unused.

Wow - this is the happiest my locker room has been since I can remember. Kerry's been out for storyline reasons - I wish there was a game mechanic where I could pay him while he's away, and keep him happy. And just as I type that I think of one possible way - a gimmick change. Some gimmick changes require a worker to be off shows for a certain amount of time. Presumably, the worker doesn't get angry (or any more angry), when you take him out the road for that reason (as I'm doing currently with Adrian Adonis). Kerry's currently using a "Rebel" gimmick. Since I'm not sure whether Kerry's going to come back as a face or a feel, I need a gimmick that has a decent rating for either. So I go with "Cowboy". That will keep him off show for a minimum of 56 more days.

Last edited by molson : 10-12-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #465
General Mike
Pro Starter

Good job as always Molson.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #466
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, May 1984
Atlanta, GA (Tiny Venue - Southeast)
Expected Attendance: 1,009. Ticket prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 SOLD OUT

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Super Kendo defeats Owen Hart in 5:53 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Lord Alfred Hayes interviewed Super Kendo about his victory. (E+).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Ricky Morton defeated Al Perez in 6:35 by pinfall. (C-). Morton looked good. Perez was exhausted by the end of the match.

-Gary Hart came to the ring with Frank Dusek and Doug Sommers to hype their upcoming match with The Road Warriors. He emphasized that at this point, he represents Dusek, and not Sommers, though he'd be scouting Sommers during this match. (C+)

-The Road Warriors defeat Frank Dusek (w/ Gary Hart) & Doug Sommers in 4:54 when Animal pinned Sommers. (C-). Animal looked good. After the match, The Road Warriors cut a promo, hyping themselves (C-)

-Roddy Piper is on the set of Piper's Pit. He hypes his victory over Adrian Adonis at the King of Texas Wrestling event, and his subsequent status as #! contender for the World Title. He introduces his guest on the Pit, the new World Champion, and his opponent tonight, David Von Erich. Piper is very respectful of David at first, congratulating him on his victory. David hypes his victory over Terry Gordy in the finals of the tournament, and hypes the challenge that Piper provides tonight. (C+). When the discussion turns to tonight's match, things start to get a little more testy. Piper says he's largely been ignored in the world title scene in WCCW, and that David's reign is going to be very short. David's trademark temper kicks in, telling Piper that if he's as good a wrestler as he is a talker, the fans are in for a great match. Piper then waits for an opening, and strikes David with his microphone at a moment when David glances away. Piper then strikes David with his Piper's Pit bar stool, before the attack is broken up. (B)

-Tommy Rodgers hypes his upcoming match with Nikita Koloff, noting that he scored a victory the last time they faced off (albeit by countout). (D-)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Boris Malenko) defeated Tommy Rodgers in 7:31 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Boris Malenko hyped the Russian Chain match that has now been set between Nikita Koloff and Ricky Morton for the Parade of Champions at the end of the month. (C).

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware come out to hype their upcoming World Tag Team Title Match against The Sheepherders. They say they earned the match after their victory in a non-title match last week, and that they've been waiting two long months to win the belts back. (C+)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Sheepherders (w/ Skandor Akbar) drew with Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton in 15:23 following a double count-out. (B-). The Sheepherders make their 4th defense of the tag titles. Miller seemed off his game.

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich drew with Roddy Piper in 30:00 when the time limit expired. David makes his 1st defense of the world title.

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHTS:

-A great show in any region, but especially since we were in the southeast.

-Piper officially turned heel tonight with his attack on David - it's my last ditch effort to get something useful out of him. Piper has main-event level stamina, so he's able to go 30 minutes with no problem.

-I continue to be impressed by the quality of matches in our current tag team title feud. I know Eaton & Ware would rather be singles stars, and they will be someday, but for now, it's a very hot feud.

-The Road Warriors will continue to destroy everyone on the undercard - I'm hoping they can improve enough to have a violent feud with The Sheepherders down he road.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #467
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ted bibiase is back at 100%, which is great news - maybe we can find something for him to do now.

-I've decided that tomorrow's TV taping will be the last one under our current contract. After the taping, I'll cancel the contract, and look for something better. So it may be a lean month in WCCW, finance-wise, but I'll probably run some extra non-TV shows to keep everyone busy.

-Manny Fernandez finally lost the Central States Heavyweight Championship belt, after an incredible 20-month reign. The new champ is Ted Oates. This is the 2nd reign with the belt for Oates, who last held the belt in 1977.

-After the last show, David Von Erich, Frank Dusek, Bobby Eaton, and Nikita Koloff complain of exhaustion.

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #468
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I had absolutely no interest in wrestling before this thread. I'm now playing this stupid game far too much, struggling to keep a minor Scottish promotion from bankruptcy). Thanks a lot molson. (security )
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #469
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF APRIL 1984.
(plus first show of May)

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Gordy
Bob Backlund
Ted Dibiase
Roddy Piper
Michael Hayes
David Von Erich

-David is the world champion again, and the undisputed top guy on the roster. His biggest push is probably yet to come
-Backlund's somewhat lost in the middle of the renewed Von Erich/Freebird feud, but I've taken care to make sure he's able to stay relevant. He's been tremendous fit for us, and can wrestle quality main event matches with everyone
-Dibiase looks like the "which one of these don't belong" here, but he's been almost undefeated, so I don't think it's a stretch. I won't rush him into a new storyline, he'll just continue to steamroll over people until something frees up.
-Roddy Piper's obviously been on thin ice for a while - he also happens to be the current #1 contender for the world title per stipulation of his match with Adonis. He'll have a mini-feud with David before I send him on his way. I'll also pull a couple of talent trades, utilizing Piper's popularity in specific regions (The Norhwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast).

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Buddy Roberts
Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Bobby Eaton
Tiger Mask
Arturo Mendoza

-Adonis is taking a couple of months off to change his gimmick (and re-grow his hair)
-Mendoza may be down with the recent unmasking and tournament loss to Tiger Mask, but I still have big plans for him. There's no reason he can't be in the main event scene by the end of the year (and Tiger Mask might beat him there)

MIDCARDERS

Nikita Koloff
The Road Warriors
The Sheepherders
Ricky Morton
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki
Kevin Von Erich
Buddy Landell
iceman Parsons

-Nikita Koloff, Ricky Morton, and The Sheepherders are the members of this group who are getting plenty of ring time and are involved in storylines - everyone else is sort of competing for attention.
-The Sheepherders and Koko & Waton really gave me hope that a solid tag division is worth pursuing. Their "A" rated match on TV last week was quite surprising.
-Speaking of tag teams, The Road Warriors consistently provide some interesting booking dilemmas. I don't know how long I can just have them squash jobbers and guys in on loan contracts. At some point I need to through them into something more meaningful, but they're still really years from their prime.
-I'm going to give Iceman Parsons a closer look over the next few weeks and months. He's been OK for me, had that feud with Chris Adams but hast mostly otherwise been a "jobber to the stars". But the dirt sheets are constantly talking about what potential he has. I might try to re-establish his friendly relationship with the Von Erichs to help boost him up.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Doug Somers
Tommy Rodgers
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich

-Adias has done practically nothing since he managed to actually drive Manny Fernandez out of WCCW. He only wrestled two matches in all of April. I really just don't see much in him at this point, he hasn't progressed as well as Mike Von Erich. The two were peers at the beginning of the dynasty, but Mike has shown much greater improvement.
-Frank Dusek is in the middle of a mini-push as new client of Gary Hart. From reading the TEW boards, it seems to be useful to keep some old guys around on your roster - it really helps the development of younger wrestlers who are able to compete with or against them.

OPENER

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Villano V

-It's hard to believe that the silly Mexican jobbers (Kendo, Villanos IV and V) have been with us for almost a year now. I have no plans to get rid of any of them, and I hope that at least one of the 3 emerges to reach the next level.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart
Villano IV

OCCASIONAL WRESTLER

Jose Lothario

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Boris Malenko
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #470
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 1, May 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: Default

-I've finalized my timing plans of the tv show situation. Next week will be the last TV show under my current contract. That'll give me about 3 weeks to find something else (and hopefully better) until the networks announce their new season schedule at the end of the month. If I don't find anything in that time, it means a 3 months minimum without TV. So the stakes are big.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russel interviews Mike Von Erich & Tommy Rodgers about their upcoming tag team match with Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts. They know it's a huge challenge, but they say they'll do their best. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy defeat Mike Von Erich & Tommy Rodgers in 6:46 when Gordy pinned Rodgers. (B-). Mike was tiring towards the end of the match. Gordy's performance stood out.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Doug Sommers defeated Owen Hart in 4:39 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Doug Sommers, who hyped his win. He also said he's somewhat offended that Gary Hart has decided to represent his tag-team partner, Frank Dusek but not him. He says he'll impress Gary Hart over the next few months, and hopes to become a client of his soon.

-As the show starts, a music video recaps the World Title Tournament, and David Von Erich's victory. (This is the first TV show since his win). (B+)

-Roddy Piper is on the set of Piper's Pit. He gets a mixed reaction - not all of the fans are aware of his attack on David last night in Atlanta. Roddy Piper says that by virtue of his victory of Adrian Adonis at the King of Texas Wrestling show, he's the #1 contender to David's World Title. He then talks about getting his first shot last night, and taking David to a 30 minute draw. He also talks about almost shoving a microphone down David's throat last night on Piper's Pit, which turns more of the fans in attendance against him. After rambling for a while longer, he brings out his guest - David Von Erich. The two go back and forth in a tense exchange, but they don't ever come to blows. Instead, they hype tonight's main event - a return match for the World Title. David says he doesn't think Piper deserves a World Title match, and that his WCCW run has been mediocre. Piper says that David as champion holds WCCW back, and that they need a more charismatic champion. (B-)

-Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring, stating that he has an announcement to make. He says that in the interest in the credibility of WCCW championships, and the ability for those championships to be adequately defended, he is announcing a new rule that no one man can hold more than one championship in WCCW. He says that the rule at this time most directly effects the Freebirds, where Buddy Roberts is both the TV champion, and 1/3 of the Six-Man Tag Team Championship. He says that the Freebirds have to decide with belt to vacate by next weeks TV show. (B-)

-Frank Dusek (w/ Gary Hart) drew with Iceman Parsons in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry.

-The Freebirds come to the ring, and immediately express an objection to Fritz' prior ruling regarding the title belts. Michael Hayes says that it's not a big deal, since the WCCW board of directors is now "Freebird Friendly", and that they will overturn this decision before next weeks TV show. They say that the rule will be vetoed, and that before long, all the belts will be in the possession of the Freebirds. Further, Michael Hayes says that the Freebirds have an announcement - he then introduces Skandor Akbar to the ring. Hayes says that a few weeks ago, he announced the goals of "Freebird Nation", one of them being that they will get every single WCCW star under a Freebird contract. He then says that today, Skandor Akbar is the first to become an official associate of the Freebirds - their new business association now covers all present or future Akbar clients. They will now all be "looking out for each other". The announcers speculate about what this means for The Sheepherders - Akbar clients and current World Tag Team Champions. (C+)

-A video plays recapping the Michael Hayes/Kevin Von Erich conflict of the last few weeks. It featuring Michael Hayes costing Kevin a match against Frank Dusek in a World Title Tournament Qualifying Match, and then Kevin returning the favor in the tournament itself, costing Hayes a Quarter-Final Match against Dusek, allowing the latter to advance. (C+)

-Michael Hayes defeated Kevin Von Erich in 10:38 by DQ. (B-). Kevin lost his temper and through Hayes over the top rope, after several referee warnings about breaking rules.

-A brief recap video shows the incident from the King of Texas Wrestling show when King Kong Bundy came to blows with ringside judge Jose Lothario. Lothario had voted against Arturo Mendoza (like Bundy, a Gary Hart client). (C+)

-King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) defeats Jose Lothario in 6:49 by pinfall. (C). The two showed poor chemistry.

David Von Erich drew with Roddy Piper in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (B). David makes his 2nd defense of the World Title.

THOUGHTS:

-I keep trashing Piper, but then I keep giving him world title matches, where he's holding his own with David. I'm thinking of dragging this out until the Parade of Champions at the end of the month, with some kind of blow-off gimmick match. Tonight's match wasn't as good as last night's match, but the two had to be somewhat tired with back to back 30-minute matches.

-Fritz is starting to go after the Freebirds with his commissioner decisions - this is the start of a "behind the scenes" feud for control of WCCW. If you're at all familiar with 1980s wrestling, and my preference in this dynasty to rip off ideas of all the various territorial promotions of the day, you know that this brutal feud between two groups can only end in one way. But we're a ways away from that.

-I used Gordy and Roberts on the pre-show because I knew I'd be paying them to show up on the main show anyway - it doesn't cost any more to have them appear more than once on a show. The occasional superstar dark match win will help the younger opponents improve, and will help pad the winners' W/L record and momentum.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #471
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-David Von Erich, Buddy Roberts, and Frank Dusek are tired after the last show. surprisingly, Roddy Piper is not. The guy's got impressive stamina.

-Brian Adias is late to the last show. I suspend him for a week. That's going to be my standard punishment from now on (unless you're a superstar, then you get less. And if you're at the bottom of the roster, you risk a month off).

-The TV show draws a 0.56 rating. Same as last week - a very number for us.

-With the death of Houston Championship Wrestling, I'm finally able to bring in someone I've had my eye on for a while - Gino Hernandez, who signs at $2,100 show for 18 months. He'll most likely replace Roddy Piper as a main event heel (at a cheaper rate). Thanks to his runs in Houston, WCCW, and SWCW, he has A+ popularity in our region. That's the highest on our entire roster. He also wrestled in our first ever A+ rated match, with David Von Erich, when we had him in on a talent trade about 6 months ago. This deal also means that Gino will leave the only other company he works for, San-Antonio-based Southwest Championship Wrestling, who I'm officially "at war" with.

-There's 5 companies I currently have "working relationships" with, which allows talent trades. Of those, the most promising for trades is Mid-South (All Japan is technically more prestigious, but since few of my workers have any real overness in Japan, they don't have much value to them). So I start talking to Mid-South about trade options for Roddy Piper, and the guys I really want don't work out for various reasons (They won't trade Ernie Ladd because he's their head booker, The Junkyard Dog because he currently holds a title there, or Magnum TA because he only has a month left on his contract with them. Jim Duggan won't come because he hates me now for some reason after his cup of coffee with us last year). So instead I look toward Portland Wrestling (where Piper is a legend), and trade Piper for a 3-show loan contract for Playboy Buddy Rose. As his DOTT profile states, Rose was an "odd package" - A very flabby, ordinary-looking guy who was an excellent wrestler and way-over heel in Portland and the AWA.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #472
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like the concept of using Piper as "currency" to bring in some new faces.

Kind of an odd question maybe, but will Fritz retain his charisma and ability to be a big part of the organization as he ages?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #473
molson
General Manager

A little dynasty side-note about the real WCCW - I'm really looking forward to the upcoming WWE DVD release: "The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling". I saw this review from Mike Johnson from PWInsider the other day:

"While traveling yesterday, I had the chance to check out an advance copy of documentary for WWE's Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling, which will be released on 12/11. The list of those who provide insight into Texas' most famous family, The Von Erichs and WCCW are Kevin Von Erich, Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, Buddy Roberts, Gary Hart, Bill Mercer, Bill Irwin, Dory Funk Jr., Triple H, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Dusty Rhodes, Verne Gagne, Ric Flair, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Gerald Brisco, and Skandar Akbar. The documentary is among one of the better ones put together by WWE. There were a few small things I would have preferred an opposing viewpoint on, particularly statements made by Kevin about the Fritz Von Erich heart attack angle (he acted as if the fans assumed it was a heart attack, not something the company pulled as an angle, even saying that doing a heart attack angle would be "cheesy") That said, there is a wealth of great insight into that time period and I think anyone who loved that era will enjoy this for the most part. Names like Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, Bruiser Brody and more are all covered. Gary Hart, Bill Mercer, Michael Hayes and Triple H all provide excellent insight and it's a very well produced piece. Bill Irwin's first person account of David Von Erich's death in Japan is chilling. One of the best statements in the entire piece was made by Kevin, who noted that fans will stay with you for the first death and feel for you but as more pile up, they are going to question what is wrong and give up. Very prophetic, given this past year in wrestling. For all of the talk of WWE wanting to use their Films division to make money and expand their business, I am baffled as to why they don't take some of these documentaries and release them via the film festival and arthouse circles. You can pre-order the DVD from our friends at www.highspots.com. I'll be writing a lot more about the documentary next week."

And the DVD cover art is very cool:

Image Hosting
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #474
molson
General Manager

And one more little WCCW real-life tidbit that I had never seen - a clip from the the first WCCW show after David's death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpnXDfR3ORo

Last edited by molson : 10-16-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #475
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I like the concept of using Piper as "currency" to bring in some new faces.

Kind of an odd question maybe, but will Fritz retain his charisma and ability to be a big part of the organization as he ages?

I've been putting off firing Piper forever - his stats indicate a great talent, but he's just not fitting in under our product type. So the "currency" thing makes me feel a little better about the whole situation - in theory, I can trade him to a bunch of other promotions and still retain his services whenever I want him. But I'm just paying him to damn much to justify doing that forever.

As for Fritz - I'm not 100% sure what will happen to him as he ages. I know his physical skills will continue to decrease. From what I've seen, his regional popularity in Texas will maintain as long as I trot him out occasionally (it looks like that once established, popularity keeps unless someone's completely out of the public eye). As for non-wrestling skills like charisma and mic skills, I have no idea. But for Fritz, it's not a huge concern - he's actually not rated very highly in those areas in the mod (and in real life, he had kind of a raspy voice and limited charisma). His real usefulness to me is his Texas popularity, and I think that will be in place until he dies.

Last edited by molson : 10-16-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #476
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 2, May 1984
San Antonio, TX (Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 2,504. Ticket prices: +$3 Over Default
Actual Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

-i've finalized my timing plans of the tv show situation. Next week will be the last TV show under my current contract. That'll give me about 3 weeks to find something else (and hopefully better) until the networks announce their new season schedule at the end of the month. If I don't find anything in that time, it means a 3 months minimum without TV. So the stakes are big.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Roddy Piper defeats Owen Hart in 6:35 by submission. (B-). The two showed good chemistry. After the match, an unstable-looking Piper continued the attack, throwing Hart outside the ring, and onto the announce table. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware come the ring to cut a promo. They say with their win over The Sheepherders in a non-title match a few weeks ago, they should be named the #1 contenders to the tag titles. They said that they have heard that Fritz plans to make an announcement tonight regarding the tag titles, and they're confident he'll do the right thing. (B-)

-Kevin Von Erich comes to the ring to start the show. He says that tonight's main event is a tag team match involving Kevin, Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes. Kevin says that he was hoping Kerry would be back by tonight to be his tag team partner, but that he still hasn't heard from Kerry in months. Kerry has checked in from time to time, says Kevin, with their mother, but nobody has any idea where he is. So tonight said Kevin, he was forced to find an alternative partner, outside the family. He says he'll reveal the partner right before the match, but hints that it's someone Texas fans are familiar with, it's someone who (like Kevin), was trained by Jose Lothario, and it's someone who has decided to align himself with the Von Erichs against The Freebirds. (C)

-Nikita Koloff & Boris Malenko come out to hype their upcoming tag team match against Ricky Morton & Tommy Rodgers. Malenko & Koloff say that Morton will get a small preview of the pain that's in store for him when the two face off in a Russian Chain Match at Parade of Champions. (C-)

-Ricky Morton & Tommy Rodgers defeated Nikita Koloff & Boris Malenko in 9:50 by DQ when Koloff and Malenko double-teamed Morton outside the ring with the Russian Chain. (C). Malenko was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. After the referee called for the bell, Malenko & Koloff continued to attack Morton outside the ring, with Koloff wrapping the chain around Morton's neck, and Malenko kicking Morton in the ribbs. (C). Tommy Rodgers, still in the ring, is able to make the save - jumping off the top rope onto Koloff to break up the attack. (C-).

-Fritz Von Erich comes out to the ring to make several announcements. First, he states that tomorrow night's TV taping marks the show's "season finale". Fritz says that the company will take a couple of weeks off from TV after that, to return at the beginning of June - he asks fans to check their local listings at that time. Therefore, tomorrow's TV taping will be a historic night, says Fritz, with 3 WCCW championship matches. Roddy Piper & David Von Erich, having wrestled two 30-minute draws will wrestle again - in a 1-hour Iron Match, for David's World Heavyweight Championship. Whoever gets the most falls in the hour wins. Also tomorrow, The Sheepherders will defend the World Tag Team Titles against the winners of a 4-way tag-team match tonight, featuring Koko & Eaton, Lothario & Mike, The Road Warriors, and Dusek & Sommers. Finally, as Fritz announced last week, The Freebirds will be forced to vacate either the Six-Man Tag Title, or Buddy Roberts' TV Title. Whatever title they chose to hold onto will be defended tomorrow night. (B-)

-Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) defeated Iceman Parsons in 8:45 by pinfall. (B-). After the match, Hart hypes his client, saying he's still gunning for Tiger Mask. (C+)

-Piper's Pit
Roddy Piper is on the set of Piper's Pit. He starts to announce his guest, but then stops himself, saying he's the biggest deal in WCCW, so it doesn't make sense to bring out anyone else. Piper then goes on an insane rant about David and the World Title, hyping tomorrow night's Iron Man Match. He ends the show by beating up a random stage hand near the Piper's Pit set. (B+)

-#1 Contenders Match - World Tag Team Title
-Elimination Rules
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated Jose Lothario & Mike Von Erich, Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) & Doug Sommers, and The Road Warriors in 12:40 to become the #1 Contenders for the Tag Team Titles. (B-). The Road Warriors were eliminated first, by DQ, after Animal lost his temper and threw Doug Sommers over the top rope. Jose Lothario & Mike were eliminated next, then Dusek & Sommers.

-Kevin Von Erich comes to the ring, where Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes are already awaiting the main event match. Kevin says David's title win has turned the tide for the Von Erichs against The Freebirds, and his mystery partner tonight is another big step towards winning that war. Kevin says that this man has faced off with all the Von Erichs in the past, so they know how tough he is. He's also a guy that like Kevin, was trained by Jose Lothario. Most importantly, he's a guy who's always hated The Freebirds. Kevin introduces - Gino Hernandez. (B)

-Kevin Von Erich & Gino Hernandez defeat Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes in 20:53 by countout. The Freebirds were overwhelmed by the surprise of Hernandez - they eventually consulted outside the ring, and decided to leave the ringside area, and the match. On their way out, just before reaching the dressing room area, Hayes grabs a mic and says he and Gordy weren't going to waste any more time with this "ambush" tag team match. (B)

THOUGHTS:

-Gino Hernandez makes his return to WCCW tonight (since the dynasty started, he did wrestle 3 matches with us via loan contract - including an A+ match with David). Even though he's a natural heel, he does have a strong face rating, and we're very heel-heavy at the moment. So he's aligned himself with his old enemies the Von Erichs, to take on a common enemy. Bob Backlund's loyalties, if any, are still up in the air.

-The main event was lackluster, largely because Kevin & Gino don't have any experience teaming with each other. But Gino's introduction and The Freebird's brief post-match rated

-The 4-way tag team match was surprisingly solid. Koko/Eaton and The Sheepherders are clearly the class of the "tag team division" if such a thing exists.

-Piper goes nuts again, and has a very good match on the pre-show with Owen Hart. The B- match was Owen Hart's best-ever, by far (his previous high was a C). The Piper/David Iron-Man Match tomorrow night will be 2nd ever WCCW Iron Man Match - the first was a 1-1 draw between David and Backlund back in December (with the story being that Backlund won the first fall, which under normal match rules, would have given him the win and title). Tomorrow night's match will have a similarly unique outcome.

-Tommy Rodgers got to actually do something in a storyline tonight - saving Morton from an attack. I'd love to use a Morton/Rodgers tag team, but Rodgers isn't in Morton's league yet.

Last edited by molson : 10-18-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #477
molson
General Manager

Tuesday, Week 2, May 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 4,953

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask defeats King Kong Bundy (w/ Gary Hart) in 7:33 by DQ when Arturo Mendoza interfered. (B). Tiger Mask was then able to get a few quick strikes on both attackers before fleeing the ring. From the outside, he grabbed a mic, and told Bundy and Mendoza that if they insist on always attacking him together, he's going to get some backup. He challenges them to a tag team match at the next Dallas show, and Tiger will find a tag team partner in the meantime. (B-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Road Warriors defeat Al Perez & Super Kendo in 3:43 when Animal pinned Kendo. (C-).

-As the show starts Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring. He hypes tonight's TV show as WCCW's "season finale" and says that they'll be back on TV by the beginning of June. He also states that at the end of this month, WCCW will hold it's annual Parade of Champions Event. Fritz says that all four existing WCCW Championships will be defended - the event will also feature the initial crowning of a new championship - the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. He then hypes tonight's championship matches. (B). Suddenly, The Freebirds music cuts him off, and Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, and Buddy Roberts come to the ring. Hayes confronts Fritz and asks him why he's not talking about the REAL WCCW breaking news. Hayes explains that as he promised, the WCCW board of directors has vetoed Fritz' decision to limit every wrestler to one championship belt at a time. Therefore, despite Fritz' efforts, the Freebirds don't have to vacate either the six-man tag titles, or Buddy's TV Title. What's more, there's nothing stopping the Freebirds from adding the World Title to their collection. Hayes berates Fritz about how he's now become "irrelevant" with the power The Freebirds have obtained within the board of directors. (C) An angry Fritz responds that what Hayes says is true, but Roberts still has to defend the TV title tonight, against the former champion, Kevin Von Erich. In a bit of a rage, Fritz says that the Freebirds are banned from ringside from that match, and if Roberts is either counted out or disqualified, Roberts loses the title. (C+). The Freebirds are angry about the decision, and Hayes claims that Fritz is "on thin ice" with WCCW management.

-Belt Can Change Hands via Countout or DQ.
Buddy Roberts defeated Kevin Von Erich in 7:49 by pinfall, while using the ropes for leverage outside the view of the referee. Kevin had dominated the match until Buddy managed to steal a quick 3-count. (B). Roberts makes his 2nd defense of the TV Title.

-Lance Russell hypes Parade of Champions, saying that in addition to all of the title matches Fritz mentioned, there will also be a Russian Chain Match between Nikita Koloff and Ricky Morton. Russell puts over the dangerousness of that stipulation. (C-) A highlight video of the Morton/Koloff feud is then shown. (C).

Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton defeat The Sheepherders (w/ Skandor Akbar) in 5:35 by DQ, when Skandor Akbar interfered to try to slow the challengers' momentum. Koko & Eaton were able to fight Akbar off at first, but eventually, Akbar was able to attack Koko, forcing the referee to call for the bell. (A). The Sheepherders hold onto the titles via the DQ rule.

-Roddy Piper cut a backstage promo hyping the Iron Man Match with David Von Erich. Piper says tonight will be glorious night, as he doesn't only get to pin David once, but he can do it again, and again, and again, until David is too humiliated to ever show his face in Dallas again. (B+). David cuts a promo as well, saying that while he's disappointed that he hasn't been able to put Piper away in two 30-minute draws, he's sure he can win decisively under the 60 minute Iron Man Rules. (B)

-60-Minute Iron Man Rules (Most Falls in 60-Minutes Wins)
David Von Erich defeats Roddy Piper, 8 falls to none, to make his 3rd defense of the World Title. Just like the first two matches, the two battled for 30 minutes without a fall. Then David was able to get a pinfall at the 34 minute mark, then a submission at 38 minutes. David was able to get a third fall, via roll-up pinfall at 40 minutes. At this point, Piper completely snaps, throwing David over the top rope, and referee David Manning outside the ring as well. Piper then strikes Von Erich with a chair, and throws him over the announce table. David Manning gets between Piper and Von Erich, and calls for the bell. The two argue briefly, before Manning explains to the ringside announcers that he has counted 3 additional falls against Piper - DQs for throwing David over the top rope, for putting his hands on the referee, and for striking David with a chair, therefore, David now leads 6-0. An enraged Piper shoves Manning to the ground, earning another DQ. (7-0). Von Erich is able to come to his senses, and strikes Piper with the ring bell (Manning doesn't see this, as he's temporarily down from Piper's shove). David continues a brutal attack on Piper, throws him back into the ring, and gains another pinfall via Iron Claw. (8-0). Manning ends the match at 45:00, since Piper is now a bloody mess, and unable to continue. Manning awards the match to David. (B).

-Just as the match ends, Bob Backlund shows up and attacks David, and also Piper, who was tiring to get back to his feet. Backlund slaps his chicken wing submission hold on both men, before leaving them both laying in the ring. (B).

THOUGHTS:

-I've never seen an Iron-Match end in a blowout, and this was the perfect time to do it. While a B match is a good main event, most other main eventers do better than that with David. So if Piper helped himself at all with this mini-feud, it wasn't by much.

-Koko/Eaton v. The Sheepherders has developed into a great rivalry, as they wrestle their 2nd A rated match in less than two months.

-Fritz getting vetoed by the board of directors could be the start of his demise. The Freebirds, for the first time, show real behind the scenes power in WCCW.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #478
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I officially cancel the TV show contract. It takes a few days for that deal to go through, and then I'll start looking for a new network & time slot.

-Ricky Steamboat has won some magazine award as the "Best Overall Wrestler Today". Stemboat currently works for Mid-Atlantic, Maple Leaf Wrestling, and Southwest Championship Wrestling.

-Buddy Roberts, Koko. B Ware, and Roddy Piper are exhausted after the show. Impressively, David Von Erich is not.

-Buddy Roberts arrived late for the last show. He gets a 1-week suspension.

-Buzz Sawyer won the AWA World Championship from Wahoo McDaniel.

-Since I'm "at war" with SWCW, Gino Hernandez leaves them since he's now signed with us. It's kind of fun to devastate someone else's roster.

-Terry Gordy is already 2 months into the 3 month contract I sign with him, so to make sure he's going to be part of our future main event seen, I enter into negotiations with him, and re-sign him at an additional 3 months for $1,975/show, which is a big raise from his current $1,475. But he's still a decent bargain. I could have waited longer to sign him, and used him longer under that lower rate, but since he's in our main event angle, it's good to lock up him up now.

-I also try to negotiate with Abdullah the Butcher, but Fritz caps my offer at a few hundred dollars/show too little. Even when I boosted up all of the extras (creative control, % of merchandise, travel costs paid), he wouldn't budget. That's one pet peeve I have with this game - some guys may require stuff like creative control, but nobody's willing to take less money for it. Like for Abdullah, I'd love to bring him in and just destroy everyone for a few months before leaving.

-Stan Hansen & Buzz Sawyer (a pretty bad-ass team) defeated Manny Fernandez & Steve Keirn to win the National Tag Team Championship (Georgia).

-Just a few days after I cancel my tv contract, I get another one. 6 months, a national, 90 minute show on TBS, LIVE on Wednesday at 11 PM. That's one hour earlier than my current show is running on syndication. So I'm getting a little more popular, but I'm also facing both a declining wresting industry and general economy in the US. TBS doesn't air in Puerto Rico, like my syndication deal did, but that's a minor issue. (Though if I stay on TBS long-term, I might have to run some shows in Puerto Rico to get to national level).
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #479
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 3, May 1984
Dallas, TX (Very Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - 1st Round
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 6:34 by submission to advance to the semi-finals. (C-). Mike was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. The two showed poor chemistry.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - 1st Round
Brian Adias (w/Gary Hart) defeated Owen Hart in 6:38 by pinfall after Hart distracted the referee and Adias caught Owen with his brass knuckles. (D+) Adias advances to the semi-finals. After the match, Gary Hart hyped Brian Adias as the favorite to be the first WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. Hart than hinted that he's never been shy to get rid of talent who aren't working out, and Adias should keep that in mind. Adias looked surprised at the comments. (C)

-Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring to start the show. He hypes Parade of Champions, and its 5 championship matches. He then says that we'll find out who will challenge David for the WCCW World Title tonight, as there will be a #1 contender match. He says that per agreement with Portland Championship Wrestling, and David's willingness to take on all-comers, from all promotions, Fritz has signed a deal with the 7-time Portland Heavyweight Champion - Buddy Rose. Rose will take on Bob Backlund tonight, with the winner facing David at Parade of Champions. (C)

-The Freebird music hits, and Michael Hayes comes to the ring to confront Fritz. Hayes claims that Fritz is continuing to dig his own grave: Last week, Fritz stacked the deck against Freebird Buddy Roberts, forcing him into a TV Title match where he'd lose the belt if DQ'd or Counted out, and banning all Freebirds from ringside. And now this week, he again shows his Freebird bias, not giving any of the Freebirds a chance to get into the main event at Parade of Champions, and instead awarding a "bloated jerk from Portland" that shot. Specifically, Hayes said, Terry Gordy reached the finals of the WCCW World Title Tournament, and he's losing out on a shot to Bob Backlund, who only made the semi-finals. Hayes says he's proved already that the Freebirds have influence in the WCCW board of directors - he claims that Fritz will soon learn a "painful" lesson. (B-)

-Gino Hernandez comes to the ring to a loud, but mixed, reaction. Gino says that he understands that his past in Dallas will prevent some of the fans from liking him, and that frankly, he'll never like half of the fans anyway. But make no mistake, Gino claims, he's here in WCCW as an ally of the Von Erichs, against the Freebirds. He tells the fans that if they don't believe him, he could care less. (B).

-Gino Hernandez defeated Villano IV in 6:37 by pinfall. (B+). The two showed great chemistry. Hernandez stood out as looking good.

-Koko B. Ware defeated Luke Williams (w/Skandor Akbar) in 11:04 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Koko. Mercer announced that at the Parade of Champions, The Sheepherders will defend the WCCW World Tag Team Championship against Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware. And as a result of recent DQ finishes between the teams, this match will take place inside a steel cage. (B-)

-King Kong Bundy comes to the ring with Arturo Mendoza and Gary Hart, for their tag team match with Tiger Mask and a mystery partner (per the setup at the last show). Tiger Mask then comes to the ring and grabs a mic. His says his tag team partner will be a guy Gary Hart is very familiar with - The Great Kabuki. (B).

-King Kong Bundy & Arturo Mendoza (w/ Gary Hart) defeated Tiger Mask & The Great Kabuki in 11:42 when Mendoza pinned Tiger Mask after Tiger took a bad fall off the top rope, inuring his shoulder. (B-). Kabuki, Road agents, and other staff help Tiger Mask to the back. Mendoza grabs a mic and taunts Tiger Mask about his injury, and the loss. Tiger Mask tries to run back to the ring to confront Mendoza, but he's restrained by road agents and Kabuki. (B-)

-Buddy Rose comes to the ring for his #1 Contender Match with Bob Backlund. He plays a face to the crowd, putting over the Dallas fans, and hyping his upcoming match (B)

-#1 Contender Match: WCCW World Heavyweight Championship
Bob Backlund defeated Buddy Rose in 23:43 by pinfall. (A+). After the match, Backlund grabs a mic, and says that David can't beat him - he's proven that again and again. (B-)

Overall Show Rating: B+

THOUGHTS;

-I didn't realize it had been so long since I've updated this dynasty - this was a great show to kick things off again with. It's our 2nd B+ show ever.

-I had a feeling Buddy Rose and Bob Backlund would tear the house down if I gave them 25 minutes, and they delivered, big time. Backlund, who has owned David in the past, gets his shot at him at Parade of Champions next week. I brought Buddy in as a face solely to be able to face off with Backlund here. He has two more matches left on his loan contract.

-Gino Hernandez is awesome and a great fit with us - a B+ match with Villano IV is ridiculous. That's easily the best ever match for Villano IV. I'm booking Gino as something as a tweener character - still arrogant and cocky, but aligned with fan-favorites.

-Fritz has definitely spilled into the Freebird v. Von Erich feud, and continues to show a bias against the Freebirds. He'll continue to take a more active role in the storyline.

-The Cruiserweight Championship Tournament kicked off tonight on the pre-show. It will be an 8-man tournament, with the title awarded at Parade of Champions. The title will be limited to "Lightweight" wrestlers and smaller, and will be a lower-card title (Lightweights like Kevin, Mendoza, and Tiger Mask won't be in the running).

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #480
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruno Sammartino has left the WWF. He's officially "retied", but I request negotiations with him anyway. I don't know if it's possible to get him in the ring at all again (a feud with Bob Backlund would be interesting), or maybe he can be a grumpy old heel authority type, the Freebird's answer to Fritz.

-Roddy Piper arrived late yet again. He's definitely the worst behaved guy on the roster at this point. His blowout loss to David at the Iron Man Match would be a great way for him to go out. I suspend him a month, to keep his contract for use in talent trades. After that, he's probably gone (or maybe he'll come back for a quick job or two).

-Ricky Morton pulled his groin in an AWA match. He'll be able to work through it, but will be limited. This puts a damper on his Russian Chain Match with Nikita Koloff at Parade of Champions.

-Bruno Sammartino has signed with me as an "Occasional Wrestler" at $1,926/show for 18 months. He's 48 years old, but is still in pretty decent physical condition. He also has strong worldwide popularity. I'll give him some matches off the bat, and if he shows he still has it, he'll get a feud with Bob Backlund and maybe even one last world title run.

-The Invaders have regained the WWF Tag Team Championship from the Wild Samoans, This ends the 4th title reign for the Samoans.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #481
PilotMan
Head Coach

[and the forum collectively exhales]

Thank God it's back.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #482
Tellistto
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
[and the forum collectively exhales]

Thank God it's back.

+1

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #483
hoopsguy
General Manager

This thread is why I check the dynasty thread daily instead of 1-2 times per week.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #484
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 4, May 1984
Fort Worth, TX (Very Small Venue)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Marc Lowerence interviews Owen Hart (E).

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - 1st Round Match
Villano IV defeats Owen Hart in 8:43 by pinfall to advance to the Semi-Finals. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Marc Lowerence interviews Villano IV about his victory. (D-)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Marc Lowerence interviews Ricky Morton about his upcoming cruiserweight title tournament match with Buddy Landell. Lowerence points out that if Morton can get past Landell tonight, he'll continue in the tournament the night of Parade of Champions - the same night he's scheduled to face Nikita Koloff in a Russian Chain Match. Morton says the tournament is about championship gold, and the Chain Match is about revenge - he can't pass up either, so he'll do both. (C)

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - 1st Round Match
Buddy Landell defeats Ricky Morton in 9:46 by countout after Nikita Koloff attacked Ricky Morton outside the ring behind the referee's back. (D+). Both men were limited by injury.

-Butch Miller (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeated Bobby Eaton in 10:06 by pinfall. (B). The match suffered from a lack of psychology.

-Buddy Rose defeated Nikita Koloff (w/ Boris Malenko) in 7:47 by DQ after Koloff hit Rose with his Russian Chain. (A). The two showed great chemistry, but the match suffered from a lack of selling.

-#1 Contender Match: WCCW TV Title
-Winner to face TV Champion Buddy Roberts at Parade of Champions
-4-Corners Match, Elimination Rules
Kevin Von Erich drew with Ted Dibiase (w/Arman Hussein) by Double Countout after Iceman Parsons and then Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) had been eliminated. (B-). After the match, Frtiz Von Erich came to ringside and announced that as a result of the draw, Buddy Roberts will defend the TV Title at Parade of Champions against both Kevin Von Erich and Ted Dibiase, in a triple threat match. (C+).

-The Freebird music hits and once again, Michael Hayes hits the ring to confront Fritz Von Erich. Hayes says the triple threat match that Fritz just booked will be the last time he'll ever be able to show his bias against the Freebirds - as the WCCW board of directors have called an emergency meeting tonight to decide Fritz' future as commissioner. A vote of no-confidence has been taken. Hayes hints at Freebird influence in the board of directors, and then comments that Fritz will soon be able to focus on the mess that is his family, including Kerry, who Hayes heard "was passed out in an alley in Tokyo". (C). After that comment, Fritz attacks Hayes, throwing him outside the ring. The other Freebirds come quickly to Hayes' aid, and they were followed by Mike, Kevin, and David Von Erich. (B-). The Von Erichs have a 4-3 advantage in the wild brawl, until Butch Miller comes to ringside to aid the Freebirds (who had announced an alliance with Skandor Akbar and his stable a few weeks back). Referees and road agents try to separate the 8 men, who, brawl all the way back to the dressing room.

-After the ringside area is clear, Bob Baclund comes to the ring, and grabs a mic. He says that the real story in WCCW isn't the Freebirds or the Von Erichs, it's Bob Backlund and his World Championship Match at Parade of Champions. Backlund says that his record against David is better than anyone else in wrestling, and he'll add to it on Saturday. (B+)

-#1 Contender Match: WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship
-Winners Face the Freebirds at Parade of Champions
Kevin, David, and Mike Von Erich defeat Gary Hart's team of King Kong Bundy, Arturo Mendoza, and Brian Adias in 11:43 when David pins Adias. (B-) The Von Erichs were still hyped up from their earlier brawl from the Freebirds, and they took out their aggressions here. During the match, Michael Hayes attempted to interfere on behalf of Gary Hart's team, but he was quickly overwhelmed by the Von Erichs. Mike looked off his game. David and Mendoza looked good.

Overall Show Rating: C+

THOUGHTS:

-This was kind of a weird show, so I didn't expect a great rating. I was hurt by giving too many minutes to a couple of guys: Owen, Villano IV, Fritz, and Mike. But it put the finishing touches on the Parade of Champions setup.

-Hayes broke the news to Fritz that the board of directors is likely removing him as commissioner - an announcement on the outcome of that vote will take place at Parade of Champions.

-Ted Dibiase really hasn't done too much for us yet, but he's being built in an old-school way - not immediately being rushed into any angles. He'll get his first WCCW title match in a TV Title Triple Threat on Saturday.

-I expected Buddy Rose and Bob Backlund to have an amazing match last week, but an "A" rating out of Rose and Nikita Koloff this week was a pleasant surprise. After Rose's loan contract is up, I'll have to look into bringing him in full time.

-Morton and Landell are both very limited by injuries right now - and of course, I put them in the ring with each other, with predictable results. Landell's injury might very well cost him the cruiserweight championship - I had a big angle in mind for him, but it might just have to wait.

Last edited by molson : 11-02-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #485
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The final card for Parade of Champions, which is technically our biggest show of the year, is now set:

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship
David Von Erich v. Bob Backlund

-WCCW Television Championship
Buddy Roberts v. Ted Dibiase v. Kevin Von Erich

-WCCW Tag Team Championship
-Steel Cage Match
The Sheepherders v. Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship
The Freebirds v. David, Kevin, & Mike Von Erich

-WCCW Crusierweight Championship Tournament
-Semi-Finals & Championship Match
Buddy Landell v. Villano IV
Mike Von Erich v. Brian Adias

-Russian Chain Match
Ricky Morton v. Nikita Koloff

-Tiger Mask arrived late at the last show. Since he's not booked for Parade of Champions, I suspend him a week. He's not happy about it, and now officially "dislikes" me. I haven't managed to get anyone to "like" me, but I'm now disliked by Tiger Mask, Waldo Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, and I'm hated by Jim Duggan.

-Larry Zbyszko has won the WWF World Title, as a face, from Scott Irwin, who had held the belt for 3 months. Zbyszko completes the WWF triple crown, having previously held the Intercontinental Title for 4 months last year, and the Tag Team Title with Tony Garea in the late 70s.

-Speaking of Garea, he wins the WWF Intercontinental Title from Bob Backlund, ending Baclund's 3-month reign. Garea is 36 years old, and this is his 1st singles title (after winning the WWF tag team championship on 5 occasions, with 4 different partners).

-New Japan goes after Bret Hart, but he declines, citing loyalty to Stampede. So it looks like Hart will be off limits to anyone else, at least as long as his father is still in business.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #486
PilotMan
Head Coach

Not to jack the thread, especially since I have you to blame for getting this game. I find that my creativity is horrible. However, I did have my first "A" rated match. It was a two out of three falls match between Bockwinkle and Raschke, as they continue thier now very hot fued. Raschke is my champion, but this match was the main event at my May 83 end of month show. After the match, which Raschke won 2-0 after he nailed Bockwinkle with a foreign object, Larry Zybyszco came down and helped Bockwinkle beat the Crazy Nazi down, and the show ended with Bockwinkle walking away with the title belt. Bockwinkle and Zybysco make a great combination (intelectual superior heels), it's just to bad that I am going to lose Heenan because Verne won't pay him enough. It was a B+ show that also featured a great match between Wahoo and Patera (furthering their fued as well). My question though, I have having a big problem of declining attendance, despite top shelf shows, and declining TV ratings. I think that my advertising is to blame, how long in advance do you need to advertise to see a benefit? My show last night was down about 600-700 from what the projected should be. I am having a hard time figuring out who is going to be wrestling each show. I guess what I need to to is preplan each of my next few shows, and just try and stay ahead of the whole process.

More WCCW now, please. thx

Like Steam?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #487
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Parade of Champions
Saturday, Week 4, May 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,459 Ticket prices: +$3 Over Default
Actual Attendance: 4,356

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart cut a promo with his client, Brian Adias by his side. Hart says he wanted to clear one thing up. Based on his comments last week in Dallas, people are saying that he might let Adias go as a client if he doesn't win the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship tonight. Hart says, that the truth is, if Adias doesn't win the title tonight, he absolutely will fire Adias. Adias looks surprised, and a little annoyed (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - Semi Final
Mike Von Erich defeats Brian Adias in 4:16 by submission to advance to the finals. (C). After the match, Gary Hart comes to the ring with a contract in his hand (his managerial contract), and he rips it up, and drops the pieces on Adias, who is recovering from the Iron Claw. (C). Hart then begins kicking Adias in the gut. Mike Von Erich returns to the ring to make the save, running off Hart and checking on Adias. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - Semi Final
Villano IV defeated Buddy Landell in 7:55 by DQ after Landell lost his temper and held an illegal hold past the referee's five count. (B-). Villano IV advances to the finals. Landell's was limited by injury. The two showed great chemistry.

-As the show starts, Lance Russell comes to the ring, saying he has an announcement. He says that he has been informed of the results of the no-confidence vote taken by the WCCW Board of Directors against Fritz Von Erich. Russell says that as a result of a perceived bias and inability to manage the day-to-day booking of WCCW in a competent manner, Fritz Von Erich is officially and immediately removed as WCCW commissioner. (C-) Russell then goes on to state that one of Fritz's decisions, to force Buddy Roberts into a Triple Threat Match tonight, has been officially overruled. The board of directors feels that it is inappropriate for a champion to be forced to defend a championship against two men at once. Therefore, Ted Dibiase has been removed from tonight's TV title match. Buddy Roberts will instead defend the title against Kevin Von Erich alone, with Ted Dibaise getting first shot against the winner, at a future date. (C)

-Boris Malenko hyped Nikita Koloff's upcoming Russian Chain Match with Ricky Morton. Malenko says that Morton has been a thorn in Koloff's side for a long time, and that he's ready to finish him off tonight; (C+)

-Russian Chain Match
Ricky Morton defeats Nikita Koloff in 15:15 by rollup pinfall in a brutal match. (D+). Koloff was off his game, and was tiring towards the end of the match. Morton was limited by injury. Prior to the pinfall, Koloff had been in control of the match. Malenko had lit his "victory cigar", just moments prior to Morton winning. Malenko then jumped into the ring, and burned Morton's eyes with the lit cigar. (B-) A severely injured Morton is attended to by ring physicians and road agents, who place him on a stretcher. As he's being stretchered out, Malenko and Koloff attack Morton again, knocking him off the stretcher and continuing the beating. (C)

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - Final Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Villano IV in 3:55 by submission to win the WCCW Cruiserweight Championship. (C+). The two showed great chemistry. After the match, David and Kevin come to the ring to help celebrate Mike's first singles title. (C)

-Kevin Von Erich grabs a mic, congratulates his brother, and then hypes his upcoming TV Title match with Buddy Roberts. Kevin says even though the Freebirds have apparently succeeded in driving his father out of the WCCW Commissioner position, he can't help but be a little glad that his match with Roberts is now 1 on 1. Kevin says he understands that tonight is a rare occasion - a TV Title match at a non-televised event. He plans to take advantage. (C+)

Buddy Jack Roberts drew with Kevin Von Erich in 15:00 when the time limit expired. Roberts makes his 3rd defense of the TV Title.

-Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes join Buddy Roberts in the ring, and hype the upcoming Six-Man-Tag Team Title Defense against the Von Erichs. Roberts says he's barely broken a sweat, and has plenty left for the next match. Hayes also brags about "doing what he promised" - ridding WCCW of Fritz Von Erich. Hayes says that before long, the Freebirds will control all the gold, and all the booking decisions, and that that the Von Erichs will have no choice but to leave WCCW for greener pastures elsewhere. (B-)

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin, Mike, and David Von Erich drew with the Freebirds in 11:51 by double DQ after the referee lost control of the match, and all six men were brawling around ringside. (C). The Freebirds make their 1st defense of the titles. David and Gordy looked good.

-As the steel cage was being setup for the next match, Gary Hart comes to the ring to cut a promo. He says that he has talked with Michael Hayes, and that he his officially and contractually aligning himself (and his stable) with the Freebirds, in light of Fritz' removal as WCCW commissioner. Hart talks about his 20+ year feud with Fritz and that he can appreciate an organization like the Freebirds that sees what a true cancer Fritz is. (C+)

-As the steel cage is still being setup, Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware hype their upcoming WCCW World Tag Team Title Match against The Sheepherders They say that they realize that the cage match stipulation plays right to the strengths of The Sheepherders, but that it's necessary to ensure that Akbar won't interfere, and that it will be a fair match. Eaton & Ware say they've waiting a long time for this moment (B-)

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship
-Steel Cage Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 11:48 when Williams pinned Ware. (B). The Sheepherders make their 5th defense of the Tag Team Titles. The challengers tried to utilize their high-impact offense as best they could, but the brawling tactics of The Sheepherders eventually won out in the environment of the Steel Cage. Ware looked good.

-After the match, as the cage is being taken down, Skandor Akbar cuts a delirious promo about the dominance of his Sheepherder team. (C)

-Bob Backlund comes to the ring, and cuts a promo hyping his World Title Match against David Von Erich. Backlund again emphasizes all of the times he has defeated David in the past, in all types of matches. (B+)

Bob Backlund defeats David Von Erich in 30:51 by DQ. David retains the title. The match featured interference by both The Freebirds and Kevin & Mike Von Erich. Toward the end of the match, with all parties brawling around ringside, Michael Hayes hit a piledriver on David, and tried to help Backlund secure the three-count. The referee (who had been knocked out in the melee and missed Hayes' piledriver) came to, and begin counting, but Gino Hernandez appeared out of nowhere to break up the count - he attacked the referee, Backlund, and any Freebird in sight, proving his allegiancet o the Von Erichs, but also drawing a DQ. (A+).

-After the match, the Freebirds, Von Erichs, Backlund, and Gino Hernandez continued to brawl around ringside, and eventually to the back. (B)

THOUGHTS:

-OK show, if not particularly eventful. No title changes, just Mike becoming the first Cruiserweight Champion.

-David and Backlund wrestle their second ever 1-1 A+ match. And it wasn't even any kind of clean finish - pandemonium breaks out, Backlund is about to steal the win, but Gino Hernandez saves the day for David, getting him DQ'd. Gino's still acting like an obnoxious heel (attacking a referee about to make a 3-count), but he's clearly aligned with the Von Erichs.

-Gary Hart announces that he and his stable are now with the Freebirds - which means the "Freebird Nation" now includes both Akbar, Hart, and all of their clients. And Fritz was removed as commissioner because of "Freebird Power" in the WCCW board of directors. WCCW is heading into an all out war, and the heel/face divide has real meaning.

-Brian Adias is fired by Gary Hart and is saved by childhood friend Mike Von Erich. Adias and Hart had awful chemistry, so his heel turn will be played off as a learning experience, and he'll soon be back as a face, as an clear Von Erich ally.

-After the "A" ratings they garnished in the past, the Sheepherders v. Ware/Eaton match was a minor disappointment, but it certainly puts the Sheepherders over as devastating heels - they can't be defeated in that kind of environment (a steel cage)

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #488
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Mike Von Erich are exhausted after the last show.

-Gino Hernandez arrived to the show - since he's a huge star and this is a first offense, I give him a fine. That pisses Gino off, and now he has a "strong dislike" towards me.

-Bruno Sammartino is grumbling about my intentions to push him as an "Occasional Wrestler". But he'll wrestle, and he'll like it (at least for now)

-Ted Dibiase has suffered an ankle sprain while wrestling in Japan - he can work through it, but will be limited (like Ricky Morton and Buddy Landell).

-Central States, POWW, and surprisingly, Georgia Championship Wrestling are suffering severe financial hardship. It looks like Central States will be out of business by the end of June. I might look into stealing away from of GCW's stars to try to accelerate their demise. If they died, it would leave only 4 North American "Cult" level promotions - us, WWF, AWA, and Mid-Atlantic.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #489
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Not to jack the thread, especially since I have you to blame for getting this game. I find that my creativity is horrible. However, I did have my first "A" rated match. It was a two out of three falls match between Bockwinkle and Raschke, as they continue thier now very hot fued. Raschke is my champion, but this match was the main event at my May 83 end of month show. After the match, which Raschke won 2-0 after he nailed Bockwinkle with a foreign object, Larry Zybyszco came down and helped Bockwinkle beat the Crazy Nazi down, and the show ended with Bockwinkle walking away with the title belt. Bockwinkle and Zybysco make a great combination (intelectual superior heels), it's just to bad that I am going to lose Heenan because Verne won't pay him enough. It was a B+ show that also featured a great match between Wahoo and Patera (furthering their fued as well). My question though, I have having a big problem of declining attendance, despite top shelf shows, and declining TV ratings. I think that my advertising is to blame, how long in advance do you need to advertise to see a benefit? My show last night was down about 600-700 from what the projected should be. I am having a hard time figuring out who is going to be wrestling each show. I guess what I need to to is preplan each of my next few shows, and just try and stay ahead of the whole process.

More WCCW now, please. thx

AWA was my second choice with this dynasty - I'm assuming you weren't able to hang on to Hogan? (I'm pretty sure it's not possible).

Advance booking is very, very simple in this version, I think that's something they'll expand upon in the future. It doesn't seem to matter how much in advance you book matches. And you can edit those advance bookings right up until showtime. So this is a place a lot of people use houserules (you have to advance book your main events at least a week in advance for weekly shows, and longer for monthly shows, etc.).

As far as your attendence issues - I'm pretty sure that the "expected" number (if you ask for it the night of the show), already takes into account all factors like advertising, etc. The only times I've seen drastic drops in the actual attendence numbers is when I price the tickets too high for an event - have you been tweaking those? I make sure to reset the ticket prices to default before every event, and then add or subtract a couple of dollars based on how the projected numbers work out with my arena capacity. (If I'm projecting 5,400 and I'm using a 5,000 seat arena, I'll make the tickets a few dollars more expensive, with the aim of still getting the sell-out).

Otherwise, my attendence numbers are always where I expect them, though I've heard grumblings on the TEW boards about that not being the case with other people - so I'm not sure I know what all the factors are.

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #490
molson
General Manager

I just noticed that you were also talking about declining attendence and TV ratings in general. Is your popularity decreasing as well (are you getting messages at the end of shows that "this show hurt your overall popualrity?).

It's VERY difficult to maintain your popularity in a region where you're popular. If you have a B- popularity in the midwest, and run a B- show, your popualrity will actually decrease slightly in that region. You need a B show to keep it steady, and a B+ to actually increase it.

In WCCW, I lost popularity in Texas for a long time until it reached a point where I could run good enough shows to keep it steady. I dealt with that, earlier in my dynasty, by running half or more of my shows in another region, where I could actually increase my popularity. Now, I'm pretty strong in Texas, the Midwest, and I'm growing rapidly in the Southeast.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #491
PilotMan
Head Coach

yeah, Hogan is a loss, and I had to accept it right from the start. I havn't moved the prices off of default, but I will look at it. Maybe I need to be dropping them down a little so that I can sell out more. Example is that when I run a show in the midwest, it says I should expect 4088, so I get a small venue (5000 cap I think), and then 3400 show up. I have been trying to advertise at least one event ahead. Do I need to advertise the whole show, or just the big matches? I have been trying to come up with whole shows ahead, and just feel frustrated because at that point, I don't quite know who is going to be wrestling.

Like Steam?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #492
PilotMan
Head Coach

actually, I don't think that I have had a bad show yet. I shifted my tv show from live on friday to taped thursday ( aired friday) and my tv rating tanked. Does that have an impact as well?

Like Steam?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #493
molson
General Manager

I usually advance book about 2-3 matches. When I really don't know what I'm going to do, I'll just advertise "David Von Erich v. TBA" or something. I really don't know what effect it has at all, or how many matches you need to book. I just try to advertise enough high profile matches to where I'm not penalized.

Live v. Taped - same time slot and network and you're getting worse ratings? Interesting. I'm starting my first live show next week, so this is good news for me.

I noticed my TV ratings were directly correlated to the quality of my show. When I had a show bomb (quality wise), I knew the ratings the next week would drop.

4,088 is a tough expected attendence number to know what to do with. I'd probably make the tickets a little cheaper than default to see if I could get to a 5k sell-out. Not sure why you're getting so much less actually showing up, but make sure you have at least one "main-event" level match advertised. I don't know if that'll make a difference, but that's what I always do and I don't have those problems.

The only other thing I can think of, if your shows keep getting worse tv ratings and attendence, is that the wrestling industry and general economy imay be in decline. That can have a huge effect. The letter grade of each (and whether it's rising or falling) is available somwhere - I think the wrestling world tab/screen. Is anybody going out of business? (If you're not doing so, make a habit of checking the "wrestling media" screen every day - it gives you little fun blurbs about what's going on in the universe, and gives you hints about who's having financial trouble, etc.)

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #494
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF MAY, 1984 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 66.2% (Up from 65.7% last month)
-Midwest: 58.8% (Up from 58.4% last month)
-Southeast: 43.1% (up from 42.3% last month)
-Great Lakes: 38.8% (up from 38.0% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 38.8% (up from 38.0% last month)
-New England: 38.8% (up from 36.0% last month)
-North West: 38.8% (up from 38.0% last month)
-Tri-State: 38.8% (up from 38.0% last month)
-Southwest: 38.7% (up from 36.4% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 37.6% (up from 38.7% last month)
-Northern Mexico: 30.7% (same as last month)

-Very small popularity increases as my national TV show ended about halfway through the month. Starting this month, I'm on TBS, live, in a slghtly better timeslot, so things should quickly pick up.

-The ultimate goal is still national status, which requires 71% is 8 US regions, and 30% int he other two. Obviously I'm a LONG way away from that, but a better TV deal, and perhaps a 3rd weekly show might help me get there quicker.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

Ticket Sales: 399,483 (562,535)
Sponsors: 66,211 (75,996)
Merchandise: 27,120 (19,120)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 212,550 (277,793)
Show Costs: 78,500 (120,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 43,984 (43,144)
Production: 50,000 (75,000)
Misc: 129,897 (180,040)

Total Profit: $-47,117 ($23,839)
Cash in Bank: $702,153 (749,270)

-This was a throw-away month with the end of the TV deal, so I'm not going to read much into the numbers. However, it's interesting that my merchandising income increased almost $10k. It's also interesting that my misc. expenses decreased to it's lowest amount since I reached Cult Status. I don't know if that was simply a product of running fewer shows this month, or whether those costs will continue to decline as I become more established at Cult Status. I'm getting mixed info on the TEW boards about that.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #495
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - End Of May, 1984

-World Heavyweight Champion - 85.2% Prestige (Up from 82.5% Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich - 3 Title Defenses, 1-month reign.

-Television Champion - 65.5% Prestige (up from 64.1% last month)
Midcard Title
Buddy Jack Roberts - 3 Title Defenses, 7-week reign

-World Tag Team Champions - 66.0% Prestige (Up from 63.6% Last Month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders - 5 Title Defenses, 3-month reign

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (Same as last month)
Midcard Title
The Freebirds - 1 title defense, 6-week reign

-Cruiserweight Championship - 29.8% Prestige
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich (newly crowned)

-I debuted the Cruiserweight Title a little earlier than I had planned to, but I rushed it ahead because of the Parade of Champions event, and that show's gimmick of having all WCCW titles on the line. Mike gets the belt because of his great progress since the dynasty started (though is stamina still sucks). This belt won't be booked like the WCW Cruiserweight Title was a decade later, this is a lower card belt for younger wrestlers - it won't feature guys like Tiger Mask and Arturo Mendoza. And that decision is largely based on the fact that I wasn't able to bring in the Dynamite Kid. Maybe someday in the future, this division will evolve into a late-90s WCW style Cruiserweight division, but we're not there yet.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #496
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF MAY, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Freebirds v. Von Erichs; recently evolved for the second time, (David, Kerry, Mike, Kevin, Fritz, Gordy, Hayes, Roberts; September)
2. Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask (Mendoza, King Kong Bundy, Tiger Mask, Great Kabuki; April)
3. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
4. Koloff/Malenko v. Morton (Malenko, Koloff, Morton, Russell; February)

-Right now, of course, Freebirds v. Von Erichs is dominating the entire company, so there's not a lot of room for any other storylines. But I need to develop one or two more stories on the undercard sooner or later.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in June, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund, WWF (Sun, 4th Sat)
-Michael Hayes, WWF (Sun, 4th Sat)

-The biggest news here is that Gary Hart now considers me a priority over Mid-Atlantic for the first time (after working for both companies for the entire period of this dynasty). Mid-Atlantic is technically still more prestigious than me, by a minuscule margin of .01%. By the end of June, i should be the 2nd most prestigious promotion in the world, trailing only the WWF.

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Brian Adias
-Bruno Sammartino
-Buddy Landell
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Sommers
-Frank Dusek
-Gino Hernandez
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Super Kendo
-Terry Gordy
-The Great Kabuki
-Tommy Rodgers
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Arman Hussein in unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.
-Bruno Sammartino is unhappy with his push as "Occasional Wrestler".
-Buddy Landell is unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.
-Kerry Von Erich is unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.
-Roddy Piper is unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.
-Ted Dibaise is unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.
-The Great Kabuki is unhappy with the number of shows he's been used.
-Tommy ROdgers is unhappy with the number of shows he's been unused.

-There's a lot of discontent on the roster right now. I'm about to do a little spring cleaning, as my roster, as always, is just way too big. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the complaints some guys have about being underused. Kerry's still only "unhappy" (rather than furious), even though I've taken him off the shoes for storyline purposes for several months now. He'll come back in a big way sooner or later - the only question is, what side will he be on?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #497
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF May 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Gordy
Bob Backlund
Michael Hayes
David Von Erich
Gino Hernandez

-Since last month, Piper and Dibaise drop out, Gino moves up, joining David to make up WCCW's 2 top faces. Actually being able to get Gino is a huge move - from reading other dynasties, it's pretty much impossible to get him to leave Houston Championship Wrestling, where he's super loyal to Paul Boesch. So I benefited when they went out of business.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Roddy Piper
Ted Dibiase
Buddy Roberts
Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Bobby Eaton

-Mendoza and Tiger Mask move down from the Upper Midcard, while Piper and Dibaise move down to the Upper Midcard.

-Piper's still serving a one-month suspension, after that, he'll do some jobs, bring in some talent via talent trade before he's FINALLY shown the door.

-Dibiase is moved down because he's also on the way out. Not really through any fault of his own, but he's the second priciest guy on the roster, and there just isn't enough room for him to really make himself worth that amount, since the company is so dominated by Freebirds v. Von Erichs right now.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Road Warriors
The Sheepherders
Ricky Morton
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki
Kevin Von Erich
iceman Parsons

-Mendoza and Tiger Mask move back down to the midcard, and Buddy Landell drops out of the midcard group.

-The Upper Midcard was getting a little crowded, which means more guys are expecting more ring-time. So Mendoza and Tiger Mask dropping down was just a way to even out the roster a little. And once again, anyone who doesn't have a role in the Von Erich/Freebird storyline is going to take something of a hit over the next few months. For what it's worth, the midcard is where my booking team thinks these two guys should be anyway.

-The Road Warriors and Iceman Parsons are on the list to be pushed a little better. For the Road Warriors, they'll be out in a hurry if they don't impress quickly. They have a great future, but there's just something about using them as a lower-level, non-dominate team. Yet I don't know if they're good enough yet to be anything else. Parsons is a "WCCW original" who hasn't done too much since Chris Adams yet, but he's a young, solid, all-around guy.

-Ricky Morton has suffered his second (kayfabe) injury at the hands of Nikita Koloff. I think I might use him as a tag team partner when he comes back.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Tommy Rodgers
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Buddy Landell

-Buddy drops down to this level, Somers drops down from this level.

-Adias' heel turn is over, and he'll be back as an official face in the next day or two. Buddy Landell is still working through an injury, but once it heels, I've been thinking about turning him heel, having him join the Freebirds, and feud with Mike for the Cruiserweight Championship.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Villano V
Villano IV
Doug Sommers

-Sommers moves down to this level, while Villano IV moves up into it. Villano IV had a couple of very good matches last month - a B+ match with Gino Hernandez, and B- with Buddy Landell.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart

-19-year old Hart is the bottom guy on the totem pole, his W/L record so far in WCCW is 3-25-1.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino

-It will be interesting to see if Bruno still has it. Lothario will move into a managerial role soon for younger wrestlers as a "mentor".

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Boris Malenko
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley

-When Dibiase goes, so will Hussein. Bill Mercer's contract is up in a week and a half - if he's not reasonable about his demands, Lance Russell will carry all of the announcing workload

CONTRACTS UP IN JUNE & JULY:

Bill Mercer (in 9 days)
Arturo Mendoza (in 14 days)
Buddy Landell (in 32 days)
Tommy Rodgers (in 32 days)
Al Perez (in 33 days)
Ricky Morton (in 33 days)
Bronco Lubich (in 39 days)
The Great Kabuki (in 48 days)

-No huge names here, but I'll probably try to re-sign all of them, except Tommy Rodgers. He hasn't shown much improvement, and now he's unhappy backstage.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #498
molson
General Manager

Monday, Week 1, June 1984
Wichita, KS (Midwest - Very Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,607. Ticket prices: $2 less than default
Actual Attendance: 1,646

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Tommy Rodgers hypes his upcoming match with Al Perez (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeated Tommy Rodgers in 4:34 with a handful of tights. (D). Rodgers was off his game.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek (w/Gary Hart) defeats Owen Hart in 7:31 by pinfall. (D+). After the match, Gary Hart hypes his client. (D+)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell enters the ring and announces WCCW's newest acquisition - The Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino, who comes to the ring. (D). Sammartino cuts a promo, puts over the Kansas fans, and says that while he's not a full-time wrestler any more, he's looking forward to lacing up the boots a few more times with the best of WCCW. (C+)

-Bruno Sammartino defeats Villano V in 7:38 by pinfall. (C).

-Skandor Akbar comes to the ring and cuts a promo with his team, the WCCW World Tag Team Champion Sheepherders. He emphasizes their win in the cage match with Eaton & Ware at Parade of Champions, and says that his team is unstoppable. He also hypes their tag team title defense tonight against Jose Lothario and the new WCCW Cruiserweight Champion, Mike Von Erich. (D+)

The Sheepherders (w/ Skandor Akbar) defeat Jose Lothario & Mike Von Erich in 10:05 when Luke Williams pinned Lothario (C). The Sheepherders make their 6th title defense. After the match, The Sheepherders beat up the challengers a little more. Though Mike & Lothario put up a fight, they are thrown from the ring. (D+)

-Iceman Parsons defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 9:32 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Lance Russel interviews Parsons at ringside, pointing out that on TBS debut of WCCW this week, Iceman Parsons will take on Ted Dibiase. (D+). Parsons than hypes that match, saying that he has the feeling that Dibiase is up to no good. (D+)

-The Freebirds come to the ring, and celebrate the recent removal of Fritz Von Erich as WCCW Commissioner. The Freebirds say that the commissioner position is currently vacant, but already, they're starting to get their deserved shots at the limelight. Tonight, Michael Hayes will challenge David Von Erich for the WCCW World Title. Also, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts will shut up those "young street punks" - The Road Warriors. The Freebirds also welcome aboard Gary Hart and his stable into the extended Freebird Nation. Michael Hayes says that you're either with them, or you're against them. (C+)

-The Road Warriors defeat Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts in 9:33 when The Freebirds were overwhelmed, and eventually retreated to the locker room. (B-). The Road Warriors then cut a promo in the ring, hyping their victory. (C-)

-David Von Erich comes to the ring to hype his upcoming World Title Defense against Michael Hayes. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 14:50 by submission to make his 4th title defense. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B- (This show increased our overall popularity)

THOUGHTS

-This was my first midwest show in a couple of months. Nothing was that good until the last two matches, but it was enough to give us a solid overall rating.

-The Road Warriors clearly pass their 1st test in a greater role - they dominate the Freebird and the match is solidly rated. It was a good place for them to break out, since the Midwest, along with the Great Lakes, is their strongest area of overness right now. (Though their post-match promo wasn't too good - maybe they need a mouth-piece).

-Iceman Parsons' new push also started tonight, along with his new storyline with Ted Dibiase. Parsons and Dibaise have wrestled twice before for WCCW - with match ratings of C+ and B+ (the latter is Parsons' best match to date). If Parsons can crack an A- in the feud this time around, I'll push him up to the Upper Midcard.

-Bruno's WCCW debut was OK. Against better talent, he's a guy who can probably still reach B- or B matches.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #499
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I offer to buy out Central States for $250k, but am turned down.

-Buddy Roberts complains of exhaustion after the last show.

-I've added Boris Malenko to the booking team, joining David, Fritz, Skandor Akbar and Gary Hart. I really have no idea what purpose the booking team has when I'm making the decisions, but that's the group now.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #500
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 1, June 1984
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default

-Post #500 in this dynasty is our Live Television Debut, on TBS. The pace is somewhat slower these days, but I'm still going. Hopefully the thread will make it to 1,000 posts at least.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villanos IV & V defeat Owen Hart & Tommy Rodgers in 6:49 when Villano IV pinned Hart. (C). Villano IV looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lance Russell interviews Al Perez about his upcoming match with The Great Kabuki. Perez looks scared to death, and calls Kabuki a "freak". (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Great Kabuki defeats Al Perez in 5:32 by pinfall. (C). Kabuki looked good. Before the match, Kabuki performed his green mist ritual, which really psyched out Perez before the match (C+)

-The show starts with Bruno Sammartino in the ring with King Kong Bundy. Bruno cuts a promo hyping the match with Bundy, and states that in his many decades in the business, he's never been in front a larger and wider TV audience than he is right now on TBS. (C). Bundy grabs a mic and tells the fans, and the referee, that he is asking for a five-count on his pinfalls on Bruno. Bundy promises to bury Sammartino (C).

-King Kong Bundy (w/ Gary Hart) defeats Bruno Sammartino in a hard fought battle, and Bundy gets his five count. (B). The match suffered from a lack of selling.

-A lengthy and comprehensive video is played hyping the entirety of the ongoing Freebrid v. Von Erich battle. (C+) It covers, among other things, Kerry's departure, the Von Erich's recent slump, David winning the World Title, and Fritz's controversial decisions and subsequent removal as WCCW Commissioner.

-Terry Gordy hyped his upcoming match with Mike Von Erich. He says that Mike may be the new WCCW Cruiserweight Champion, but Gordy's no Cruiserweight. (C)

-Terry Gordy defeats Mike Von Erich in 7:48 by pinfall. (B). Mike looked off his game and was tiring towards the end of the match. The two showed good chemistry. Gordy looked good.

-A video package is shown highlighting the brutal Koloff/Morton Russian Chain Match at Parade of Champions, and Boris Malenko's subsequent lit cigar attack. (C). After the video, an announcement was made detailing Ricky Morton's serious neck and eye injuries, and that for a second time, he'll be out of action indefinitely as a result of a Koloff attack. (C) Boris Malenko and Nikita Koloff interrupt the announcement to taunt Ricky Morton. Malenko says that from day one in this feud, he told Morton to stay out of Koloff's way or he'd end up being put out of commission. So nobody should feel sorry for him now. (C+)

-Ted Dibiase cuts a promo in the ring about his upcoming match with Iceman Parsons. He says that he thinks both Fritz Von Erich and this new "Freebird Friendly" board of directors are all morons. He got pulled out of the Triple Threat Match for the TV Title at Parade of Champions, was promised a future title match and now tonight, he has to lower himself by dominating a punk who isn't fit to shine his shoes. (B). With that racially provocative comment, Parsons hits the ring and attacks Dibaise, and the match is on.

-Iceman Parsons defeats Ted Dibaise (w/ Arman Hussein) in 7:43 by pinfall. (C) Dibiase was limited by injury. After the match, an enraged Dibaise, along with Hussein, tries to attack Parsons, but Iceman repels both of them and escapes the ring before they regroup. (C+). Near the locker room entrance, Parsons cuts a promo on Dibaise, mocking him for the loss. (B-)

-Buddy Roberts cuts a promo hyping his upcoming TV Title Match with Buddy Rose, and lamenting the fact that he has to defend the belt against an "outsider". (C+)

Buddy Rose defeats Buddy Roberts in 12:50 by countout. (A) Roberts retains the belt.

-Michael Hayes hypes his upcoming World Title shot against David Von Erich, claiming that if Fritz Von Erich was still running things, it would never have happened. (B). David then hyped the match as well, saying it was a raw deal what happened to his father, but at least Fritz can focus on being a supporter of him and his brothers. (B-)

David Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in 13:32 by pinfall to make his 5th defense of the title. (B+). The match featured interference by the Freebirds and The Von Erichs, but the referee was able to keep enough control of things for the match to reach an conclusion. (And Mike and Kevin were able to keep Gordy and Roberts from interfering long enough for David to get the win).

THOUGHTS:

-Good debut on TBS. The main event was the standard well-received match from those two.

-That was Buddy Rose's last match in his loan contract, and I immediately request negotiations for him to come in full time. He's been ridiculous - he wrestled an A+ match with Backlund, and then even more impressively, two A rated matches with Nikita Koloff and Buddy Roberts.

-Dibiase isn't going to be in any good matches until his ankle heals, so the Parsons/Dibiase feud is going to have a lot of non-match elements until he's 100%.

-I think we've seen the last of Ricky Morton - his contract is up in 30 days, and now's a perfect time to let that contract expire. He's been OK, and might be back someday, but I (as always) need to cut back. The best way to do that is let contracts expire, which is what will happen to Morton and Rodgers. Dibiase and Piper will be outright fired. A few other guys are on the fence.

-Terry Gordy always gets the best out of Mike Von Erich, and this match tonight was the best ever for Mike. Mike's biggest issue still is his lack of stamina - he can't go more than 7 or 8 minutes without needing to "protect" him.

-I actually intended Bruno to beat Bundy, but screwed up so Bundy gets the win.

-And on the pre-show, the Villanos actually get a win. They're very slowly becoming more relevant. In about 9 months last year with WCCW, they combined for a total record of 1-62-0. In 5+ months this year, they're at 9-37-1.

Last edited by molson : 11-11-2007 at 09:56 PM.