Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Survivor FOFC (about the next challenge)

Because the next challenge is a time sensitive game I wanted to post what the rules are so that we could clarify the game before it begins. The challenge is not starting now, this is just a time to make sure everyone understands how the game is going to work.

Here is the game:
The next challenge is a little game that I call “Odd man out.” We have 12 contestants.
1. Each contestant must post a reply every 10 minutes. If you go 10 minutes without a post, you are eliminated.

2. If your post is an odd number in the thread, you are eliminated. So this post would be post #1. Whoever replies next would have post #2 and would be safe. The next post would be post #3, and that player is eliminated.

3. If you delete a post, your whole team is eliminated, and you will head off to tribal council (I would guess that your team would be VERY upset with you). I will not be refreshing this page, I will be opening a copy of it in a new window every few minutes so that I will be able to check to make sure that no post were deleted.
It would be helpful if you were to occasionally go back and edit your post with a post number to help everyone keep track of who is posting.

4. If you would like to discuss strategy, you may do so in another thread, but you are not to do so privately (please no PMs)

If a non-contestant replies, their post still counts toward the total number of posts. I may occasionally make a post as well, those also will count.

[b]Ardent[\b]: If Dean Houston agrees, I don't mind you switching with one of your teammates and sitting this game out. However there will be other time sensitive games as well.

stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:05 AM   #2
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Or actually, we could move the game up 24 hours for Ardent's sake.

If all 12 of the players are willing to do this then we can have the game take place on Sunday night instead. if that is the case then I will need to have all the votes in by sunday morning. Please let me know yea or nay ASAP if you are willing to do this for Ardent.

For the sake of fairness, I will need to have a unanimous yes to switch the time.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

I have no problems with either Sunday or Monday night at this point.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by stkelly52
Or actually, we could move the game up 24 hours for Ardent's sake.

If all 12 of the players are willing to do this then we can have the game take place on Sunday night instead. if that is the case then I will need to have all the votes in by sunday morning. Please let me know yea or nay ASAP if you are willing to do this for Ardent.

For the sake of fairness, I will need to have a unanimous yes to switch the time.

I teeter both ways on this. Sunday night would be beneficial for me, but will also be the last time I can go out and do things in San Diego...like put my car in long term storage. I really need to do that, and the lot doesn't open until 4pm pacific. That's going to put a crimp on my time and I don't know if I'd be able to make it.

Monday I just couldn't do it at all. If by some small chance I was able to get on the internet and log in to the site, it would probably take me 10 minutes to just load the page and post. That's saying a big "if" as well. Picture an extremely long loading time for the internet on a dial up modem, and then multiply it by 10. I'd definitely be hurting just to get an idea of if I was still in the game or not.

My experiences before the board was updated was that the screen would time out half way down whatever screen it was on. For example, if I were on the front page of our forum, I'd see the FOFC picture on the top left, and then it would list all who was online, and if I got lucky I'd get a link to general discussion before I got a line break.

That said, you all know I'd be here if I could. I'd really not like to do this Sunday night, being my last night home and all.

I'd much rather prefer to be one who sits out on these time sensitive postings. I know they're part of the game, and if I can't, so be it.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Just a heads up from me. I have to work from five to around 930 (Central Time Zone) or so Sunday night. I know that most of you challenges start later, so if it's after 930, it shouldn't be a problem for me.

But then again, I have lab monday morning at 730, so hopefully it wouldn't be too late either.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things go...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #6
Blade
College Prospect

I will try to be around at either time...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #7
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Sometime late Sunday, Monday, maybe Tuesday night would be good for me. Late as in 11 PM- 1AM.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

I can make either time.

If DH is willing, I would like to have them sit a person out to help out ardent, considering what he is preparing to do.

Last edited by SplitPersonality1 : 03-01-2003 at 03:15 PM.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:23 AM   #9
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

It sounds like Sunday night will not work for everyone, so we will stick with the original monday night at 9 PM eastern. No one has expressed any objections so Ardent will sit this game out and Kodos will take his place.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:38 AM   #10
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

This is your last chance to ask any questions about the game. If you ask them once it begins, then you may find yourself eliminated.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry for the continued shuffling, but McSweeny will be taking my spot tonight in the challenge. A family matter has come up, and I won't be available for the challenge tonight.

Thanks for helping me out, McSweeny.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote