Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

FOF2007/Vista FAQ

Hey folks.

Been trying to do this for a while, finally got the time to do it. I just wanted to say thanks to SkyDog for consolodating all of those Vista threads into one. That makes this a hell of a lot easier.

As a note, I'm not a Vista expert, and still haven't figured some things out, but I'll do my best to explain any problems people are having.

1. FOF2007 installs correctly, but when I double-click it, nothing happens. What should I do?

The first time you play FOF, what you have to do is right-click on the icon, and then click on "Run as Administrator." You will only have to do this once. Make sure you do this within the FOF directory, and not the start menu.

2. My game is not saving when I click on the save button. What should I do?

(written by Daimyo) If your having trouble saving games, change the permissions on the FOF2007 folder. Right click on it and select properties. Then click the security tab. Click the Edit button. Under "group or user names:" select "Users" and then under "Permissions for users" check the box under allow for modify (write will automatically get checked when you do that). Click OK to close all the windows.

3. I'm trying to open up the help file, and it gives me an error. What's going on?

My understanding is that Vista uses a new help file, that is no longer .hlp, which is what FOF2007's help file uses.

They have released a "patch" here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

4. My batch files are definitely set up correctly, but don't seem to work. Is there something different going on here than in XP?

I haven't tried this yet, but try following question #2's response.

5. When I click to load a saved game or create a new game I get the following error message....."Data File Creation Error. Unable to create data files. Please restart system and/or reinstall game." I've
restarted my system and reinstalled the game to no success. Any suggestions?

Again, try following the steps in #2's answer.

6. I'm trying to upload my file to my MP league's site, and nothing is showing up in my export folder. Where did my file go?

Go to your FOF2007 directory. Go to your export folder. The gameplan file won't show up unless you click the "compatiblity files" on the toolbar. Then, it should show up. Drag that file to your desktop. When you go to your leagues site to upload and click "browse", the file will be on your desktop. The problem, I believe, is that when you are browsing your folders (such as when you are uploading at your league site) you can't click on compatibility files.

7. Nothing is showing up in my folders in the FOF directory. Where did they all go?

At the top of the folder on the toolbar, you will see a button called "compatibility files." Click on that and your files should show up.

8. I'm trying to print my roster screen to a file, just as I would in XP. However, nothing is showing up in the .txt file.

This is a problem that I (JetsIn06) have been having. If anyone knows why this would happen, let me know and I'll edit this.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 11-27-2007 at 11:58 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Yayyyyy!!!! Thanks! Stickying.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

No problem. If there's anything I missed, PM me and I'll add it in.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

On the print to txt file, is the txt file in your My Documents folder? I have this working fine at home under Vista for me using the Generic Text printer (like under XP), but I have a folder under My Documents for them.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Thanks for doing this. It's very much appreciated.

When I get a chance, I'm going to post a link to this thread from the FOF FAQ.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
On the print to txt file, is the txt file in your My Documents folder? I have this working fine at home under Vista for me using the Generic Text printer (like under XP), but I have a folder under My Documents for them.

Not sure. I'm not at home right now so I can't check. Are you just moving the file from the FOF directory into the My Doc folder?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
No problem. If there's anything I missed, PM me and I'll add it in.
Well, as we discussed, the reason for asking you to take this on was that I don't have Vista, and have no plans to have it any time soon, so I didn't want to be the one to create this thread, because I'd be doing so in the dark, just from reading, and I therefore wouldn't be able to support anything I posted. Let's just watch this thread and see what other Vista-related questions come up, and add them as they come.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Well, as we discussed, the reason for asking you to take this on was that I don't have Vista, and have no plans to have it any time soon, so I didn't want to be the one to create this thread, because I'd be doing so in the dark, just from reading, and I therefore wouldn't be able to support anything I posted. Let's just watch this thread and see what other Vista-related questions come up, and add them as they come.

Yea that's basically what I meant...wasn't really directed at you in particular, just the community in general. Thanks for stickying this and I hope this helps some people out.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #9
Inferno
n00b

Hi,

Im not able to save my game when i make any changes. The save icon is greyed out? When i close the game its says do you want to save, i click on it but next time i load the game its back to the original state. I have tried to do what it says above but no luck. Anyone have any other ideas.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Synovia
High School Varsity

I lose the checkmarks on my depth chart every time I close/import with my MP game.

In global options, I have "Save game plan progress and depth chart on export" set to yes. FOF2k7 is running as administrator(so there is no compatability files). Other than that, no problems.

Last edited by Synovia : 12-05-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Synovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:41 AM   #11
Ben E Lou

Bump. Unstick. Linking to this in the new reference thread.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #12
KODIAKBEAR11
n00b

Problems Getting the Game to Run

I have a brand new laptop and desktop, and I bought the game again, and executed these directions twice and nothing happened. Do you have any other ideas.

Kodiakbear11

1. FOF2007 installs correctly, but when I double-click it, nothing happens. What should I do?

The first time you play FOF, what you have to do is right-click on the icon, and then click on "Run as Administrator." You will only have to do this once. Make sure you do this within the FOF directory, and not the start menu.
KODIAKBEAR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
JC #11
n00b

hey I have done all this for vista but still nothing happens. Could there be something else that i need to do that i havent?
JC #11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey guys,

Computer problems have led to me installing FOF2007 temporarily on another computer, this one has Vista. Downloaded from the link elicense gave me, then clicked on the installer, and got FrontOfficeFootball2007.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

New to Vista here so not sure what I should be doing to fix this.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 AM   #15
Thomkal
Head Coach

alrighty got the game running finally, but encountering another problem. Some of the windows that pop up like the player's page, are too big for the screen and I have to drag the window up to the top of the window in just the right spot so I can see and access the buttons on the bottom. Looked around here and elsewhere and didn't see anyone else having this problem. Any ideas how to resize those windows in-game or out? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That's one tiny screen you've got. Everything shoot fit in 1024x768.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
JC #11
n00b

what did you do to get the problem fixed?? what did you do to get it running?
JC #11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #18
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC #11 View Post
what did you do to get the problem fixed?? what did you do to get it running?

I completely deleted the download from elicense and started over. Ran as Adminstrator like last time and this time wonders of wonders it worked.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
That's one tiny screen you've got. Everything shoot fit in 1024x768.

this computer's going at 1280 X 768 right now.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #20
Hedgehog
n00b

Problems

I'm trying to set up the game on a new laptop and am having some problems. I downloaded my league files and then created new career. When I the open up the game it should ask me for my team password (I think), but I get an error that says

Unable to load game plan data file. Saved game is missing.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I hate Vista right now.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #21
cactusdave
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I'm trying to set up the game on a new laptop and am having some problems. I downloaded my league files and then created new career. When I the open up the game it should ask me for my team password (I think), but I get an error that says

Unable to load game plan data file. Saved game is missing.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I hate Vista right now.
Yeah I'm trying to do the same thing and getting the same error.

Rather than bugging these guys with a question they've probably answered a billion times before, I'm trying to dig through the thread archives to fend for myself as much as possible. If I find something I'll let you know.
cactusdave is offline   Reply With Quote