Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
rexalllsc
Banned

Anyone get Winning Eleven 6 for ps2?

I went to EB today (it was supposed to be out)...and they said "tomorrow" for the second consecutive day. Blah.

rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have an imported version (Japanese) and I love this game... I wish I would have known back in August that the game was going to be released in the US I would have waited as the import was about $80...

I highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys realistic soccer/football... I may spring for the US version if I hear that it has been improved since WE6 (Japanese)...

BTW - I do not have a chipped PS2 and I use a trick to get it to play imports... I won't share the trick here b/c I don't want to be called a cheat...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #3
pooryorick
n00b

>BTW - I do not have a chipped PS2 and I use a trick to get it to >play imports... I won't share the trick here b/c I don't want to be >called a cheat...

And also because no one cares. You dirty cheat.
pooryorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 05:56 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by pooryorick
>BTW - I do not have a chipped PS2 and I use a trick to get it to >play imports... I won't share the trick here b/c I don't want to be >called a cheat...

And also because no one cares. You dirty cheat.

Two posts in over a year and a half, and this is something you apparently felt utterly compelled to say?!?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:05 PM   #5
pooryorick
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Two posts in over a year and a half, and this is something you apparently felt utterly compelled to say?!?

Just wait until December of 2004, I'll tell you good then. You dirty cheat.
pooryorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDPW
I have an imported version (Japanese) and I love this game... I wish I would have known back in August that the game was going to be released in the US I would have waited as the import was about $80...

I highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys realistic soccer/football... I may spring for the US version if I hear that it has been improved since WE6 (Japanese)...

BTW - I do not have a chipped PS2 and I use a trick to get it to play imports... I won't share the trick here b/c I don't want to be called a cheat...

Well I heard WE6:FE is > WE6:US, so I might get the Jap version w/ the patched kits...can you email me the chip info?

[email protected]
Old 03-12-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
BigDPW
College Prospect

I know you are just kidding but I did actually buy the game unlike some people who D/L or share image files of the games that are imports!
Old 03-12-2003, 07:14 PM   #8
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDPW
I know you are just kidding but I did actually buy the game unlike some people who D/L or share image files of the games that are imports!

No I believe you. I totally want to buy the import. I heard the customization of the WE6:FE is AWESOME...Check this (I'm sure you've seen it):

http://membres.lycos.fr/wehispano/Im...Imagen_mes.jpg

http://digilander.libero.it/wedoit/w....0_ita_ant.htm
Old 03-12-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by rexalllsc
No I believe you. I totally want to buy the import. I heard the customization of the WE6:FE is AWESOME...Check this (I'm sure you've seen it):

I was not really talking to you in particular so don't sweat it... I emailed you some info...
Old 03-13-2003, 11:19 AM   #10
rexalllsc
Banned

EB has now delayed release until TOMORROW...EB is turning into a joke. This is the 3rd delay THIS WEEK.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #11
atatange1
High School JV

I have the imported version too, WE:FE, but also ordered the U.S. version. I really can't wait to play it in english since I have the GameCube version and there is no English patch, but the translation guides to help some.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:50 PM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I've heard great stuff about this game but because I don't have much time to play with my PS2 (read: none), I am going to have to hold off on it for a while. Unless of course you guys convince me this game is just too good to pass up.

BTW, does anyone know why International Superstar Soccer was never brought over here from England? I remember playing it a few years back and it was one of the most realistic, fun games I've ever played. I went to England again this past summer and still it seemed like a far better soccer game than Fifa.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
rexalllsc
Banned

Well, I had a $50 GC to EB, but I got tired of their games (they delayed it every day this week), and went and picked it up @ Toys'r'us..EB has done this a lot lately...not cool. When you're losing your niche market to TRU...you've got probs.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Alright, my recent post about ISS sturred some curiousity in me so I went ahead to see just how that series was doing. Turns out, Winning Eleven is made from the same company.

Very good news!

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 03-14-2003, 01:00 PM   #15
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Bump -- Rex, so what do you think?

Neuqua