Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #101
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

no big deal. It was easier to quote myself than write it again.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #102
Senator

The day before the storm. The coach from the Yellow Jackets, who won 32-0, and I have been talking back and forth in emails. He says his kids have not been performing well in practice and he is nervous. Funny. He told me the same thing before the Saints game last week, and they destroyed their opponent.

We decided to throw something at them. We changed our defense after scouting their offensive tendencies. I put in a new formation and 6 plays to hopefully pound the rock and control the clock.

We had 20 offensive plays last week, opposed to 38 for the other team. We did score 3 out of 5 series, but I need to control the clock and keep this Yellow Jacket offense off the field.

Stop #5 is our MAIN goal. He is the straw that stirs the drink. Derek is back at LB after missing almost 2 weeks of practice and the last game.

We have our hands full. No fumbles on offense and POUND THE ROCK!

Gametime - 12:30pm at a beautiful 10,000 seat stadium. The kids will love it.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #103
Senator

To quote Denny Green, "They are who we thought they were."

Could not stop #5, easily the best player in the entire league. We lost 25-12, and it really shows us where we are. We won't play a team this talented again this season. Kind of glad to get them out of the way.

Last edited by Senator : 10-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #104
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you lost only 25-12 to the best team in the league, complete with the best player, that seems to speak well, not poorly, of your team.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #105
Senator

New Rankings

Code:
Offense Defense Rankings Week 2 1 Jackets (57) Colts (0) 1. Jackets (2-0) 2 Hornets (49) Hornets (2) 2. Frogs (2-0) 3 Frogs (45) Red Raiders (6) 3. Hornets (2-0) 4 Hawkeyes (45) Indians (7) 4. Indians (2-0) 5 Saints (40) Frogs (8) 5. Colts (2-0) 6 Cowboys (32) Jackets (12) 6. Saints (1-1) 7 Indians (27) Longhorns (12) 7. Raiders (1-1) 8 Longhonrs (26) Raiders (12) 8. Longhorns (1-1) 9 Raiders (20) Chargers (18) 9. Cowboys (1-1) 10 Colts (18) Panthers (18) 10. Hawkeyes (1-1) 11 Panthers (18) Hawkeyes (20) 11. Red Raiders (1-1) 12 Chargers (14) Scorpions (22) 12. Chargers (1-1) 13 Broncos (8) Saints (32) 13. Panthers (1-1) 14 Red Raiders (8) Cowboys (37) 14. Broncos (0-2) 15 Hurricanes (7) Hurricanes (39) 15. Scorpions (0-2) 16 Scorpions (0) Broncos (39) 16. Hurricanes (0-2) 17 Desperados (0) Desperados (47) 17. Desperados (0-2) 18 Steelers (0) Steelers (83) 18. Steelers (0-2)

Last edited by Senator : 10-06-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #106
Senator

Scores from this week:

10/4/2008 F Hornets*6* Raiders*2
10/4/2008 F Hawkeyes*33* Desperados*0
10/4/2008 F Indians*13* Hurricanes*7
10/4/2008 F Red Raiders*8* Scorpions*0
10/4/2008 F Saints*40* Steelers*0
10/4/2008 F Panthers*12* Broncos*0
10/4/2008 F Yellow Jackets*25* Cowboys*12
10/4/2008 F Colts*12* Longhorns*0
10/4/2008 F Killer Frogs*18* Chargers*0

Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #107
Senator

So, later I will put up the 80 yard run by Brenton that was pretty to watch. What I got from the tape is we met up with a big kid who was at another level in talent, and our guys still have not learned how to tackle. I told my DC I would give him all the time he wanted this week, but to work the fundamentals of tackling until we felt good. #5 stiff armed our guys into the turf. I kept telling them all week he would do that, and there are no stiff arms around the knees, but they would not listen.

This week we play the Broncos. The are a run and shoot team on the youth level. They run trips and quads. Pressure should solve all our problems this week on defense.

Based on what we have seen so far, this will be the last of the easier teams we play. We still have the #2, 5, and 6 rated teams after already playing #1. We don't play any of the bottom 4 teams, the only team not to do so.

We were pleased by scoring 12 on the Yellow Jackets. The coach was upset, because they had a six game streak of shutouts going back to last season. They are now 22-0 over three years. Pretty good. Really because of #5, the coaches son. Without him, they are a good team, not a great team.

The team we beat last week (Hawkeyes) won 33-0. He said his schedule is very soft. They play all the bottom 6 teams going forward and do not have to play the Yellow Jackets in the regular season.

Last edited by Senator : 10-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #108
Senator

Spent many hours last night watching our game film. One thought came back to me over and over. Our kids looked poorly coached. They did. We have spent 6 weeks doing drills and teaching and they just reverted back to arm tackling and not blocking.

The desperate side of me wants to throw everything out and start over, but I know better than that. Basics will continue. Teach blocking and tackling over and over and over. Spend quality time doing it. We have our schemes in place, now we just need to enforce fundamentals and push them to be accountable to their teammates.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #109
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Spent many hours last night watching our game film. One thought came back to me over and over. Our kids looked poorly coached. They did. We have spent 6 weeks doing drills and teaching and they just reverted back to arm tackling and not blocking.

The desperate side of me wants to throw everything out and start over, but I know better than that. Basics will continue. Teach blocking and tackling over and over and over. Spend quality time doing it. We have our schemes in place, now we just need to enforce fundamentals and push them to be accountable to their teammates.
When talking to other coaches, they frequently tell me that my teams are "well coached." I've always felt that means that I've got good players rather than a reflection on any ability of mine. Your commitment to the fundamentals is right here and I commend you for the strength to see it through.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #110
JeeberD
General Manager

Just found this dynasty, Sen. Great stuff, I'll be sure to follow along from now on. I don't get many Saturday's off from work, but I would love to watch y'all play at some point...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #111
Senator

We play the run and shoot Broncos tomorrow at 3:30. This is a real measuring stick for us. Last week we played the #1 team, this week, the lowest ranked team of any we will play this year. We need a statement game. We need to send a message, and we need to get some real confidence. Interested to see if this weeks work in practice has any bearing.

Last edited by Senator : 10-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #112
Senator

We won 20-6. They only scored on the opening second half kickoff. Our defense really did well, as we had 7 sacks. Offensively, we looked sluggish throughout, and only did our superior conditioning wear them down where we scored some points. Happy to be 2-1.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 AM   #113
Rawhide
High School Varsity

This is a great read. Congratulations on the results thus far.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #114
JeeberD
General Manager

Congrats on the win...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #115
Senator

Had to miss the Red River Shootout, but what the hell, this is pretty fun too.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #116
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
... based on what I saw, we are 1-2 win team.

After yesterday's game this prediction has certainly proven true
Old 10-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #117
Senator

With the schedule remaining, I hope the good times are not over. We have a really tough run the next 4 games.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #118
BYU 14
Coordinator

Congrats on the win Senator, the next four games could really surprise you. You work so much on fundemantals I have a feeling your team will be closing any talent gaps that may exist fairly quickly.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We have a really tough run the next 4 games.

One game at a time Coach, one game at a time
Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #120
Senator

Video from Game 3. Much better on the defensive swarming and wrapping up. We will continue the repping.

Last edited by Senator : 10-12-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #121
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Poor QB on the other side...definitely tough to run a shotgun offense when you can't pass protect.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #122
Senator

Blocking and tackling, my friend. Cliche' but true.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #123
Senator

The new coaches poll is out - uh oh. We play #13 Panthers, followed up by #2, #4, and #6. Yikes

Code:
Offense Defense Rankings Week 3 1 Jackets (91) Colts (0) 1. Jackets (3-0) 2 Hornets (79) RRaiders (6) 2. Frogs (3-0) 3 Raiders (60) Frogs (8) 3. Hornets (3-0) 4 Saints (54) Longhorns (12) 4. Colts (3-0) 5 Frogs (52) Raiders (12) 5. Indians (2-1) 6 Cowboys (52) Hornets (14) 6. Saints (2-1) 7 Hawkeyes (45) Jackets (18) 7. Raiders (2-1) 8 Colts (38) Scorpions (29) 8. Longhorns (2-1) 9 Longhorns (38) Saints (32) 9. Cowboys (2-1) 10 Indians (33) Hawkeyes (32) 10. Hawkeyes (1-2) 11 Panthers (18) Chargers (32) 11. RRaiders (2-1) 12 Chargers (14) Panthers (38) 12. Chargers (1-2) 13 Broncos (14) Indians (41) 13. Panthers (1-2) 14 RRaiders (14) Cowboys (43) 14. Broncos (0-3) 15 Desperados (12) Hurricanes (45) 15. Scorpions (0-3) 16 Hurricanes (7) Broncos (59) 16. Hurricanes (0-3) 17 Scorpions (0) Desperados (77) 17. Desperados (0-3) 18 Steelers (0) Steelers (123) 18. Steelers (0-3)

Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I can't remember. Does everyone make the play-offs? Just the top 8? 16?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #125
Senator

They are brackets.

A Bracket - 1-4
B Bracket - 5-8
C Bracket - 9-12
D Bracket - 13-16
Toilet Bowl - 17-18

I would be happy to be in the B Bracket this year, could probably win the C bracket.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #126
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So if you end up in the B bracket, the best you can finish is 5th?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #127
Senator

Yes and No, but they have awards ceremonies for the CHAMPION of each bracket. Last year we slid into 4th overall place in the regular season, and won the A bracket championship. But, at the awards banquet, they had the winner or champion of each bracket. I always thought that was a crock for the #2,3,4 team.

So, the winner of the B bracket is not officially considered 5th place, he is 1st place of the B Bracket. They only recognize the champs. I have submitted that we have 2 - 8 team tourneys but it was shot down by the other coaches.

Last edited by Senator : 10-16-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #128
Senator

We had practice for 20 minutes on Tuesday. There was a lightning flash, and I had to call it immediately. All it did was rain from that point on, but there was no way I would risk it. In my experience, the teams that only have one practice a week play BAD on Saturday. We will see.

We have the Panthers this week, who, talent-wise are about equal to the Hawkeyes, who we played and slipped by the first week. We will have to play well to win.

The coaches on the Panthers stormed the field last week. (These are the Top Gun coaches, read one of my first post about them). The bigger one has been suspended for a game and the head coach is on probation. Apparently, the refs called the game after the coaches threatened them. At least they are living up to the opinion I had of them early in the season.

I am in hopes we can get a 2 score lead so I can put Thomas in at QB. Tyler will be out for the biggest game of the season because his dad wants to take him to an LSU game. This dad is also my assistant coach. The game next week with the undefeated Colts will probably determine if we are Bracket A or B and he pulls his kid to go to a college game. Nice, real nice. I am dedicating God knows how many hours to this trying to get the kids to a level of success and he jeapordizes it. I will have to think really hard if I want to bring him back on the team next season. He is good, (the little kid scoring the long runs) but this is just wrong.

I scheduled a scrimmage against the very good Longhorns next Tuesday. I am going to rep Thomas the entire time, and have been giving thoughts about using Ryan at RB a little. Just a feeling I have. He is a 100 pounder and so is Brenton. Maybe a black and bruise offensive scheme for the Colts. Something to think about.

We need a good practice tonight.

Last edited by Senator : 10-16-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #129
Senator

Had what I consider a solid practice last night. I am in hopes of a game Saturday that reflects it.

I hate to be having to play the team of a suspended coach the week after the incident. I dislike drama, and here we are in the thick of it because of our opponent. The Panthers assistance was suspended for 3 games, despite what I thought was a zero tolerance organization. Oh well, we will line up and play.

Last night I repped Thomas and Ryan at QB, in the hopes of getting them game time tomorrow, then a full scrimmage against the Longhorns on Tuesday, which I hope will translate into some solid play against the dirty Colts a week from tomorrow. Remember, we lose Tyler to an LSU football game on that day.

It's Panther time.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #130
Senator

A solid 19-0 win for the team. It was 0-0 at halftime and I made some adjustments that worked out. Our defense swarmed well, and the hard work on tackling really is starting to show.

Next up is the 4-0 Colts, the 3-1 Frogs, and the 3-1 Saints. The gauntlet has arrived without Tyler, who scored 2 long TDs today for us. What a shame. I would have loved to see what we could have done with him playing in the game.

As it stands, I have some thinking to do in my approach to this game. These guys hit hard and have allowed 7 points in 16 quarters.

Last edited by Senator : 10-20-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #131
Senator

Code:
Offense Defense Rankings Week 4 1 Jackets (135) Colts (7) 1. Jackets (4-0) 2 Hornets (100) Raiders (12) 2. Colts (4-0) 3 Raiders (79) Longhorns (12) 3. Hornets (4-0) 4 Cowboys (71) Rraiders (12) 4. Indians (3-1) 5 Colts (70) Frogs (20) 5. Saints (3-1) 6 Saints (66) Hornets (27) 6. Frogs (3-1) 7 Longhorns (58) Jackets (30) 7. Raiders (3-1) 8 Frogs (52) Saints (32) 8. RedRaiders (3-1) 9 Hawkeyes (51) Cowboys (43) 9. Longhorns (3-1) 10 Indians (46) Chargers (45) 10. Cowboys (3-1) 11 Rraiders (34) Indians (47) 11. Chargers (1-3) 12 Desperados (24) Scorpions (49) 12. Hawkeyes (1-3) 13 Chargers (20) Hawkeyes (52) 13. Panthers (1-3) 14 Hurricanes (20) Panthers (57) 14. Broncos (0-4) 15 Panthers (18) Hurricanes (66) 15. Scorpions (0-4) 16 Broncos (14) Broncos (78) 16. Hurricanes (0-4) 17 Steelers (7) Desperados(121) 17. Desperados (0-4) 18 Scorpions (0) Steelers (155) 18. Steelers (0-4)

Old 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #132
Senator

We play the #2 team with the #1 offense who is undefeated and has allowed only 7 points all season, and that was on an onside kick gone bad.

Ok, so I don't have a QB or starting left CB this very important game. What do I do? That is the question, and I need to find an answer.

I scheduled a scrimmage against the 3-1 Longhorns tomorrow. I expect to get pummeled, but I am experimenting. I need to see if Ryan or Thomas gets the call at QB. Both limit my plays. The constant challenges of a coach.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #133
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We play the #2 team with the #1 offense who is undefeated and has allowed only 7 points all season, and that was on an onside kick gone bad. Ok, so I don't have a QB or starting left CB this very important game. What do I do? That is the question, and I need to find an answer.

What have they seen offensively so far? Obviously those things they seem to have covered pretty well.

Otherwise, has anyone tried
-- slipping laxative into their sideline cooler?
-- taking their players on a drunken night out on the town on Friday?
-- food poisoning at a team breakfast?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-20-2008 at 04:27 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #134
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm most concerned that it appears Jon edited something out.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #135
Senator

Had a good scrimmage last night against the 3-1 Longhorns. We really are coming together on the defensive side of the ball. Much better. But, Tyler not only will miss this game (QB, CB) because of the LSU game, he was goofing off and hurt his foot. Out 10 days. So, we won't even see our star QB until game day in 2 weeks.

We will try and find an answer at CB this Thursday. Ryan and Austin don't have it. Garret might, just because he hits so hard, but fails to wrap up. Maybe he slows down the sweep so Jack can get over and help from DE.

Offense, we are not pulling Jack, but moving him to power tackle so he can go toe to toe with the dirtiest coaches son in the league, #13. This kid needs to be taught a lesson, and Jack will do it.

Highlight from Game 4.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #136
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Some of those guys look like they are 2 feet tall.

How did you get 7 on the first score? Is there no 2-point conversion? (I can't imagine one of those kids kicking an xp.)
Old 10-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #137
Senator

I have 7 kids (out of 16) that are tiny and weigh 60 pounds. Now, the film is being taken from a stand almost 15 foot tall, and that will add to the appearance of smallness. But, yeah, about 2 foot is right.

You can go for 1 from 3 or go for 2 from the 5.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #138
Senator

Thursday we did not have Brenton #32 or Tyler #18, who have combined for every score we have this season.

We worked on a special pass play I feel might work this game, and we worked on our defense, which can win this game for us if they show up. My assistant and I feel like there will be at least 2 times when Austin (who is replacing Tyler this week) will whiff on a tackle and let the kid sweep to victory. Austin is who we had at CB the first two games, and we replaced him with Thomas who has been solid. We moved Austin back to FS where he can take up space. He cries when we ask him to hit. He just doesn't want to do it. This week, he is sitting in the cross hairs. He makes us or breaks us. I wish I had faith that he would come through, but 2 months of never ending one on one time with him has not made any improvement. Really, the only kid I can say that about. Too bad, because he has the weight and build. But, he is our only option, trust me, we have looked at every possibility and change.

I plan on running Brenton 20-25 times. That is alot when most offenses get only about 30-35 plays. We are running power right/left and wedge until we wear them down. I am hoping to keep them off the field as much as possible.

If things go well for us, we win 12-6, 6-0, something like that. Things go bad, it might be 26-0, if they find that edge.

We have not beat a team with a winning record yet, much less an undefeated team who has not allowed a point on defense all year. We will do the best we can with what we got and let fortune decide the issue.

Last edited by Senator : 10-24-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:33 AM   #139
Senator

Oddly nervous. Woke up at 3:45 this morning. Crave the dare to be great situation this provides.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #140
Celeval
Pro Starter

Good luck, man.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #141
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Just caught up on games 3 and 4, congrats on the wins Sen!

I absolutely love the sacks in the video of game #3. At one point, it looked like the black helmeted kid was gonna rip the Broncos' QB head off... :shock:

Good luck for today's game.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #142
Senator

Quote:

I plan on running Brenton 20-25 times. That is alot when most offenses get only about 30-35 plays. We are running power right/left and wedge until we wear them down. I am hoping to keep them off the field as much as possible.

If things go well for us, we win 12-6, 6-0, something like that. Things go bad, it might be 26-0, if they find that edge.

We won 6-0. It went almost exactly like I thought it would. I have never been more happy about any football game I have ever been a part of. This team was way bigger than us, they were poor sportsmen (calling our kids fags and gays on the line of scrimmage), and they were undefeated and unscored upon.

The defense rose to every challenge, and Brenton made a couple of gutsy 4th down runs to move the sticks late. I ran to the right every play of the night, and then with 1:36 left at the 50, I ran 43 reverse to Garret from the wingback spot and he went to the house. They came back and got to our 10 on 2 long runs on Austin's side, and then we came up big.

We beat this team on sheer guts and heart, and now we find ourselves at 4-1 and looking like a real team to think about.

Early in the season when I thought we were a 1-2 win team, we really were. A total re-dedication to the fundamentals have given us hope that can be a pretty good team. We just have to believe in ourselves. Starting with the head coach.

Last edited by Senator : 10-25-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #143
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
We won 6-0. It went almost exactly like I thought it would. I have never been more happy about any football game I have ever been a part of. This team was way bigger than us, they were poor sportsmen (calling our kids fags and gays on the line of scrimmage), and they were undefeated and unscored upon.

The defense rose to every challenge, and Brenton made a couple of gutsy 4th down runs to move the sticks late. I ran to the right every play of the night, and then with 1:36 left at the 50, I ran 43 reverse to Garret from the wingback spot and he went to the house. They came back and got to our 10 on 2 long runs on Austin's side, and then we came up big.

We beat this team on sheer guts and heart, and now we find ourselves at 4-1 and looking like a real team to think about.

Early in the season when I thought we were a 1-2 win team, we really were. A total re-dedication to the fundamentals have given us hope that can be a pretty good team. We just have to believe in ourselves. Starting with the head coach.

10-12-2008, 03:00 PM #118
BYU 14
College Benchwarmer

Congrats on the win Senator, the next four games could really surprise you. You work so much on fundemantals I have a feeling your team will be closing any talent gaps that may exist fairly quickly.

I called that one eh?

Great win Senator!! I really did expect it though from reading about our pratices and the amount of time you put into preparation. Looks like you are sitting poised for a good run when the playoffs roll around. Keep 'em rolling!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #144
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Woohoo!

Still think your players are 'poorly coached?'
Old 10-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #145
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Excellent work!

How many more games do you have to play? Do you play each team?
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #146
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Huge congrats to your youngsters and coaches.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #147
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies View Post
Woohoo!

Still think your players are 'poorly coached?'

I don't know. Sometimes. All I know is I am getting emails from parents telling me their sons had always quit in difficult times and situations, and I wouldn't let them and the kids are seeing that adversity is something to overcome, not give you an excuse for failure. These are the moments that make coaching young men all worthwhile, just seeing the exhausted looks of confidence on their faces.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #148
Senator

Quote:
I called that one eh?

Great win Senator!! I really did expect it though from reading about our pratices and the amount of time you put into preparation. Looks like you are sitting poised for a good run when the playoffs roll around. Keep 'em rolling!!

You did call it. I remember thinking, that is a nice thing to say, but....
thanks, my friend.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #149
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Excellent work!

How many more games do you have to play? Do you play each team?

We play 3 more regular season games, and then we get bracketed in A,B,C,D,E in groups of four.

Our goal at the beginning of the year was to get into the A elite bracket and see what happens. Ideally, beat the 3 year undefeated Yellow Jackets.

We have to win out to get into the A bracket.

We play the Killer Frogs and the Saints the next two weeks, both are 4-1 like us. So, we have our hands full there. Then we play the Chargers the last week of the season, they are 2-3, so sort of a trap game if we are 6-1 when we play them.

Right now my focus is on those dirty Killer Frogs, but I am smiling while I prepare.

Last edited by Senator : 10-26-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #150
Celeval
Pro Starter

Rock on!
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote