Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Is Saddam dead or incapacitaed?

Does anyone else think he was killed or injuried pretty badly? You would think if he was alive or well enough, he would have given several live press confrences. Since the war has started there has not been any live footage of him, only one or two tapes of him, which is not enough evidence that he is alive.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Yeah. It is very telling that his 'appearances' are always events that contain absolutely no context with which to tell whether it is current or three years old. This is a man who was willing to go on TV and talk about events of the day nearly everyday leading up to the attack on his compound. Either he is injured in some major way, or terribly frightened to show his face in public.

It is similar to the situation with Osama bin Laden. He may be alive or dead. He has made no video appearances since late 2001. He is also likely either dead, injured in a way he doesn't want anyone else to see, or too scared to go on video.

It would seem that each of them would better serve their causes by making that big PR comeback, and make it OBVIOUS by making references to current events in a way that makes it unquestionable that you are alive and well.

Last edited by Tekneek : 03-23-2003 at 10:56 PM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think there is a fair chance that he was injured/killed on the first night of the attacks because our acting without the knowledge or assistance of the British leads me to believe we had an excellent read on where he was at that given time.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:13 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Of course, there's always the possibility that he is alive, uninjured or slightly injured, but scared sh**less now because of that first attack. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. He calls a top-secret meeting of his top brass in a secure location right around the time the deadline is about to expire. They're in the meeting, and all of a sudden a tomahawk missile knocks on the door of his "secure location." Some guys die. Some guys are hurt. After Saddam changes his drawers, he thinks: "How the #$%@$% did they find me??? Can they monitor me THAT closely, or did someone betray me??? Well, I know one thing, I'm gonna be a LOT more careful now!!!" He may be even afraid to try to INVESTIGATE how it happened, because in the course of investigating he may be revealed again.

He's been called an animal and worse, but no matter what, the guy certainly has survival instincts. If he survived that first attack, isn't it logical that it was a HUGE wake-up call for him?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:34 AM   #5
CAsterling
High School JV

I hoping he's alive...

Kind of like Hitler during WW2, Saddam is a brilliant survivor and politician (for that type of regieme), but is an inept military leader.

If he is alive and directing Iraq military operations then this will shorten the war, if he is dead or incapacitated then the war may be run by a professional making astute military decisions.

Even if he is dead the surviving leaders are going to keep on fighting as their alternatives are exactly attractive to them, so heres hoping that the Iraq military is taking orders from an incompetent leader rather than a good one.
CAsterling is offline   Reply With Quote