Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #1
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Finally got Fox World back

I broke down and cancelled HBO and picked up the sports package on DirecTV. It is becoming more and more clear that I will never receive my CM4 and I was absolutely jonesing for an EPL fix.

Wasn't that Newcastle score versus Man U beautiful!

GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #2
jander
n00b

FSW

I don't know...they might as well call it the Fox Soccer World, instead of Fox Sports World. There are many sports played in the world (I know they do show rugby too), but what about the other NFL Europe games? FSN shows 1 and a few weeks are on Fox, but the rest are only on DirecTV, heck give em to FSW since they film them all anway. The only reason I watched FSW is for the CFL they have had the last couple years.

Now, what about some other american football leagues? What about basketball leagues?

I don't know, it just would be nice to see different sports too (not that there is really anything wrong with soccer, I will watch sometimes....which is more than I watch baseball).
jander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Hold Up, FSW Broadcasts Canadian Football League Games?

Interesting...
Old 04-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
Hold Up, FSW Broadcasts Canadian Football League Games?

Interesting...

Yup. Watched the championship game on it a couple years back. As for them changing the name to Fox soccer world, that would be fine with me. Can anybody explain Rugby to me? Don't even try Crickett.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:59 AM   #5
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
Can anybody explain Rugby to me? Don't even try Crickett.

I've figured out the rules of rugby enough to sit through a game, but I don't think I'll ever understand the nuances of the game enough to even begin to explain the rules (now I know how women feel about football ) and cricket just baffles me. I've watched probably a good 20 hours of it and have not even begun to understand the rules. If I want to watch a tedious, slow-paced game that will last all day I will just watch baseball.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:10 PM   #6
BigDPW
College Prospect

I just have regular cable... My folks have a dish and I love watching FSW at their place... I would die to have FSW through my cable but I just don't have the money to upgrade to a dish or digital cable yet...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #7
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDPW
I just have regular cable... My folks have a dish and I love watching FSW at their place... I would die to have FSW through my cable but I just don't have the money to upgrade to a dish or digital cable yet...

You know you generally can get Dish net installed for free. I don't know what the difference in price between your cable and the Dish premium package, but it comes with FSW (unlike DirecTV which is making me pay for their sports pack. Errrr.)

Ps. Things got ugly for Castle rather quickly, didn't they?
Old 04-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #8
Calis
College Starter

No kidding, I was really looking forward to this Man U vs. Newcastle game, that was a frigging mauling, I didn't expect that. Guess Man U was a little ticked after the Real match this week. Very anxious to see the game against Arsenal, that'll be a doozy.

On an aside, I've just recently got FSW about a month ago or so, and I'm loving it, been watching it pretty non-stop since then. Well except for the Independent Film Channel which I also got, which challenges it for time almost daily.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote