Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #2301
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

hxxp://www.rd-india.com/newsite/other/facetoface_dec10.asp

Quote:
Chen has a daily routine—waking up at 3am, she makes her way to the vegetable wholesaler and sets up her stall, which she tends till seven or eight in the evening. The first to arrive in the dark, damp market and the last to leave, other stall-owners have fondly nicknamed her ‘market manager.’ Chen holds the stall her father left her dearly. Yuan-Jin Vegetables is her everything. Selling at “a bundle for 30 dollars*, three bundles for 50,” Chen earns only marginal profits. Yet, her frugality has allowed her to donate about NT$10 million (nearly Rs1.5 crore) [approx. US$330,000] towards various charitable causes, including helping schools, orphanages and poor children.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #2302
Ironhead
College Prospect

One of the people I work with today finally managed to cement herself as the worst human being I have ever known when she said she wished Jimmy Carter would hurry up and die already. And yes, she was completely serious.

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #2303
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just got off the phone with my dad and my baby sister just got two scholarship letters from colleges wanting her to join them for basketball and volleyball. She's the first in my family to ever get offered a scholarship. So, very cool.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #2304
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Right on, Jedi!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #2305
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Just got off the phone with my dad and my baby sister just got two scholarship letters from colleges wanting her to join them for basketball and volleyball. She's the first in my family to ever get offered a scholarship. So, very cool.

Cool!

Your dad should shop her around to the highest bidder, I think that's allowed now.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #2306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
One of the people I work with today finally managed to cement herself as the worst human being I have ever known when she said she wished Jimmy Carter would hurry up and die already. And yes, she was completely serious.

{checks Ironhead's location}

Around these parts, that's not a particularly uncommon sentiment. I couldn't give you a solid count the number of times I've heard it at least alluded to, but it'd be into the dozens.

No shortage of Georgia residents who have never quite forgiven themselves for somehow foisting that nitwit onto the nation.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #2307
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't know which is a more serious sign of how easy it is to lead the sheeple:
All the cartoon character pics on Facebook this weekend (in some random child abuse awareness campaign) or the number of people reposting the hoax about the campaign being the work of "pedphiles" (yes, that typo seems to be making the cut & paste rounds along with the hoax).

Damn people, you're on the internet already, is it really that hard to check shit out before you repost it?

I like how "slacktivism" is now making the rounds as a new word because of this and similar

(Oh, and I've been waiting for people to start using images of pedobear)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #2308
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I had Hammerman. I won the contest.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #2309
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Speaking of lame things on facebook and people getting up in arms for no reason, a couple family members have posted this (well, I'll just skip straight to the snopes link):

snopes.com: Hanukkah Hams

Basically, the idea is that someone at Walmart put a sign that said "Delicious for Chanukah" in front of a ham. Okay, pretty funny, sure. But since it's Walmart, people are talking about boycotts and how their upper management is stupid. But man:

1. Get off your f'in high horse. It's probably some minimum wage worker who messed it up. Mistakes happen. You're really going to hold an entire company responsible because some moron working behind the deli counter messed up?
2. You're a minority, get used to it. My family likes to make a big deal out of the fact that they're Jewish, IMO they think that makes them special somehow and not just another white middle-class family. Then this happens and they're all, "WTF how can people not realize Jews don't eat pork?" Meanwhile, what they don't know about other religions (for example, Islam) is pretty sad.
3. Except for the vegetarians, no one in my family actually refrains from pork. EDIT: And I'm curious what percent of Jews actually keep kosher. In the strictest sense of kashrut, I'm sure it's extremely low, but I wonder what percent don't eat pork.
4. Turns out, as the snopes link indicates, it's not even from a Walmart in Arizona like the story claims. It's from a grocery store in New York City called Balducci's -- I guess someone figured the story would spread better if it was the evil Walmart behind it all.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-07-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #2310
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Right on, Jedi!

/tk

Yes! Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
Cool!

Your dad should shop her around to the highest bidder, I think that's allowed now.

Haha! I didn't even think of that. I wonder if I can get a house out of it? I'm going to have to tell my dad about this.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #2311
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I guess someone figured the story would spread better if it was the evil Walmart behind it all.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #2312
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

I read this as baby sitter. twice.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #2313
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I read this as baby sitter. twice.

Haha! Now that you say that, I can see it.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #2314
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just found out that a friend of mine was the photographer for Glenn Howerton and Jill Latiano's Wedding.

Saw the pics today and Danny DeVito still looks like he did when I met him back in 95.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #2315
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Just found out that a friend of mine was the photographer for Glenn Howerton and Jill Latiano's Wedding.

Saw the pics today and Danny DeVito still looks like he did when I met him back in 95.

Did Danny DeVitio yell at you and tell you to get back in your cab?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #2316
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Did Danny DeVitio yell at you and tell you to get back in your cab?

LOL...I was bumping lifts at Deer Valley Ski Resort and he was skiing. We were joking around and yelled out.. "Little Kid getting on!" Where one of our guys immediately slowed the lift down to almost a crawl..He laughed, said good one guys...wanted to tip us, which we couldn't accept and was on his way up the lift. Was on one of the runs during my break that day and saw him out there. He was a pretty decent skier.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #2317
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
LOL...I was bumping lifts at Deer Valley Ski Resort and he was skiing. We were joking around and yelled out.. "Little Kid getting on!" Where one of our guys immediately slowed the lift down to almost a crawl..He laughed, said good one guys...wanted to tip us, which we couldn't accept and was on his way up the lift. Was on one of the runs during my break that day and saw him out there. He was a pretty decent skier.

That is pretty cool. Having my love for TV and movies, it's always cool to hear a story about an actor or someone well known in the business, that does not come across as a jerk.

Haha! Nice and he wanted to tip you! Was Mrs. DeVito Perhlman with him?

I'm sure he was pretty decent at skiing with such a low center of gravity.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #2318
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Teachers who need permission slips for students shouldn't wait until 1145pm the night before to email them & still expect the students to bring them in the following morning.

I might not give an entire kingdom, but I'd certainly give up a province or two just for my son to have a band director that isn't a complete nitwit. Dumb? Lazy? Beats me, but the bitch has less organizational ability than a zombie with Alzheimer's.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #2319
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

What better thread for a site featuring random thoughts than the random thought thread?

Column in today's paper about Beano Cook...and mentions his new website/blog. I loved this entry-

http://www.beano-cook.com/Nov_2010.html

Quote:
]Uncle Sam Wants You – to Become a Millionaire
How would it work? Quite simply. You could play this lottery without leaving your home. Nobody else plays the same number you do: you have a number and it belongs to you (overlapping numbers between US Territories like the Marshall Islands and the states of Maine and New Hampshire notwithstanding). Nine digits. Yours until death. You and the number go to the cemetery together. The number? Your social security number.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #2320
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I love it when obnoxious really really fat chicks start talking about having dating standards. It's almost as bad as when internet dudes start talking about how they wouldn't have sex with Angelina Jolie.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #2321
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Some fuckstick took out my mailbox today. It's too fucking cold to fix it good now.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #2322
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Some fuckstick took out my mailbox today. It's too fucking cold to fix it good now.

Hasn't that happened to you before?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #2323
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I love it when obnoxious really really fat chicks start talking about having dating standards. It's almost as bad as when internet dudes start talking about how they wouldn't have sex with Angelina Jolie.

Isn't that all of Pennsylvania?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #2324
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Jessica Simpson's fashion line will break the $1 billion mark next year.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #2325
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I didn't realize there was that big of a market for plus sized clothes.

(and yes, i would still have sex with her)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #2326
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just finished my first semester of school in 16 years. I feel so lost with nothing due for the next 5 weeks.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #2327
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just finished my first semester of school in 16 years. I feel so lost with nothing due for the next 5 weeks.

I could give you an assignment if it'll make you feel better. I'm sure I could dig up something that needs doing.

Alll kidding aside, congrats. Whatcha studying?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #2328
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Mad at world :shakes fist
Some kid at my daughter's school caused a lice outbreak.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #2329
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So my 6 year old daughter has decided to start calling me "bro" or "dude" instead of Dad. Will have to nip this in the bud quickly - although it was kinda cute the first couple of times.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #2330
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Mad at world :shakes fist
Some kid at my daughter's school caused a lice outbreak.

It was probably this kid:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_857.jpg (18.9 KB, 68 views)

Old 12-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #2331
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So my 6 year old daughter has decided to start calling me "bro" or "dude" instead of Dad. Will have to nip this in the bud quickly - although it was kinda cute the first couple of times.
I'd probably let it go if she was calling you 'Brah'.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #2332
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

This is pretty damn funny actually...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #2333
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

To the person that gave me 2 stars for being bitter that a 4x4x4 5 ounce parcel cost $2 to ship it to you and you received 3 days after you bought it.. go fuck yourself.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 12-10-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #2334
stevew
Hall Of Famer

isnt that the idea?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #2335
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
isnt that the idea?

I don't follow?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #2336
JediKooter
Coordinator

Where the heck is everyone today? Awfully quiet in here...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #2337
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought you sold sexual aids.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #2338
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I thought you sold sexual aids.

Speaking of slow today, that would be me cuz I completely missed that...

I guess I have to find a cheaper way to ship spermacidal lube.

Last edited by Mustang : 12-10-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #2339
JediKooter
Coordinator

Every sperm is sacred.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #2340
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I see a small claims court case in my future.

Went with a contractor back in October to do our windows. Signed the contract, paid the 1/3 upfront, was supposed to have the windows order and in their hands in 4 weeks and installation before Thanksgiving.

Hey, guess who doesn't have their windows installed yet? Ya.. this guy.

For the last few weeks it has been nothing, but one thing or another. They are finishing up this job or that job.. should be soon. Oh, we can come over tomorrow. (Nevermind that it is 4:30 PM and I'm not around tomorrow and I'm not comfortable just leaving someone have the run of the house). Now one guy was injured and another guy is sick.

Monday was scheduled.. now Monday might be too cold so they have to push it. Push it to when? I have no idea since their communication skills are for complete shit. Had no concerns this being done by 12/31 for the tax credit stuff.. but now?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #2341
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

We didn't do a HSFB thread this year, but I'm watching an awesome game on GPB Home

Calhoun just tied it at 24 to force OT vs Buford. Buford going for their 4th straight state title, Calhoun has come from 17 down in the 2nd half to get this far.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #2342
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Buford wins it 31-24, RB Dominique Swope (considering Aub, UGA, GT) gets a TD (turf toe & all), Wolves defense holds on 3rd & short and 4th & 10.

4th straight title, only the 2nd team in state history to accomplish that feat (West Rome early 80's the other). And btw, most of the key players for Buford this year were juniors so they'll be favored to go for #5 next year.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-11-2010 at 08:08 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #2343
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

TIL how to make Google beatbox for you! : todayilearned
Old 12-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #2344
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

kim jong-il looking at things
Old 12-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #2345
sabotai
General Manager

Just ate a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Lasagna Rollatini. Not only was the Lasagna really horrible, the chicken had a bone in it, and was really horrible.

Early New Year's resolution: Learn to cook.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #2346
molson
General Manager

Gotta love minor league basketball.

Saw the Idaho Stampede tonight. At an early stoppage of play, they had a pepsi max chugging contest. This was a bad idea, and the result was predictable. One of the kids just kind of stopped, and was grabbing his stomach. He puked a little into a towel, and then let loose when they got a bucket out to him. The other kid won by default.

At halftime, there was a 5 foot tall acrobat/tightrope guy - he had a portable tight rope thing where he was only maybe 10-15 feet off the ground, but there was no net or other precautions. He's jumping around on the wire, riding a unicycle, jumping rope, and then - the big finale - a backflip on the tightrope. He missed, crotched himself on the wire, and then just kind of crumpled to the floor. Fortunately, I think he knows how to fall safely, and after a few seconds in a fetal position, he was back up there to try again, and he nailed it.

Antoine Walker was out there for the Stampede, and he looked SLOW.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #2347
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm so proud of my Idaho Stampede shirt at this moment

I was at Game 3 (of 3 game series) of the NBADL Finals a couple of years ago when I was in Boise for training. On one side were the Austin Toros coached by former Mizzou coach Quin Snyder. But the Stampede prevailed, led by occasional-NBA'er and league MVP Randy Livingston in his final professional game.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #2348
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Gotta love minor league basketball.

Saw the Idaho Stampede tonight. At an early stoppage of play, they had a pepsi max chugging contest. This was a bad idea, and the result was predictable. One of the kids just kind of stopped, and was grabbing his stomach. He puked a little into a towel, and then let loose when they got a bucket out to him. The other kid won by default.

At halftime, there was a 5 foot tall acrobat/tightrope guy - he had a portable tight rope thing where he was only maybe 10-15 feet off the ground, but there was no net or other precautions. He's jumping around on the wire, riding a unicycle, jumping rope, and then - the big finale - a backflip on the tightrope. He missed, crotched himself on the wire, and then just kind of crumpled to the floor. Fortunately, I think he knows how to fall safely, and after a few seconds in a fetal position, he was back up there to try again, and he nailed it.

Antoine Walker was out there for the Stampede, and he looked SLOW.

How does anyone have a chugging competition after that "Wee for a Wii" thingy a few years back that killed that lady.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #2349
molson
General Manager

Quote:
How does anyone have a chugging competition after that "Wee for a Wii" thingy a few years back that killed that lady.

That was my first thought - but it was only a 20oz bottle, whoever finished that first won. There's no risk of water intoxication drinking only that much (but there is a serious risk of upchucking).

Last edited by molson : 12-12-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #2350
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm so proud of my Idaho Stampede shirt at this moment

I was at Game 3 (of 3 game series) of the NBADL Finals a couple of years ago when I was in Boise for training. On one side were the Austin Toros coached by former Mizzou coach Quin Snyder. But the Stampede prevailed, led by occasional-NBA'er and league MVP Randy Livingston in his final professional game.

SI

They've actually retired Randy Livingston's number.