Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #151
sabotai
General Manager

Curt Hennig has now officially left PNW. Jerk.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #152
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, October 1988

Attendance: 1,000

(The Show Begins....)

Pegasus Kid vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Pegasus Kid defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 12:26 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (E+)

Stan Lane vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Stan Lane defeated Brian Pillman in 9:58 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock after interference from Dean Malenko. (D+)

Backstage, Mil Mascaras and Ricky Santana are in an argument. They eventually agree to fight next week to settle their differences. (D)

Big Van Vader vs. Ron Bass
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Van Vader defeated Ron Bass in 17:05 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D)

After the match, One Man Gang confronts Vader. They argue for awhile before being separated. (D)

Final Rating: D

For some reason, I thought Vader had a lot higher popularity. Right now, it's a D for NW. When I booked the match and angle, I thought it was C.....oh well.

Here are the rundowns for the current feuds.

I created a few middleweight ones
Dean Malenko vs. Brian Pillman
Pagasus Kid vs. Eddie Guerrero
Mil Mascars vs. Ricky Santana

And I have Battle Kat leftover. He'll just fight jobbers for a bit to keep in the public eye until I can rotate him in.

The other two feuds are
Barry Windham vs. Sid Vicious
One Man Gang vs. Big Van Vader.

Martel has already faced Windham a few times so I need some time to go by there. Rick Steiner and Bam Bam Bigalow are the other two popular faces, but no where near Martel and wouldn't be suitable for serious feuds. I guess I'll just trot Martel out every once in awhile to talk about how great he is.

Actually, I see in the list of storylines a series called "The Divine Reign" in 8 parts. Let's try that with Rick Martel.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #153
sabotai
General Manager

Ricky Santana re-signs for $800 PPA (same as before).

Ron bass is on a $1500 PPA contract and since I couldn't find a good fit for him, he's become a supporting cast member. $1500 PPA is too much for a supporting role, so I cut him.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #154
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, October 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Sid Vicious is backstage, looking all menacing as he looks around for something....or someone. (C)

Pegasus Kid vs. George Hines
In an extremely poor match, Pegasus Kid defeated George Hines in 8:59 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (E)

Ricky Santana vs. Mil Mascaras (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mil Mascaras drew with Ricky Santana in 15:07 when the match descended into chaos. (D)
Ricky Santana seemed off his game tonight.

Sid Vicious attacks Barry Windham backstage, and leaves him down and out. (C-)

Rick Rude vs. Big Van Vader (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Big Van Vader defeated Rick Rude in 18:11 when Rick Rude was disqualified when One Man Gang ran in and attacked Big Van Vader. (C)

Final Rating: C-
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #155
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, October 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and One Man Gang from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Battle Kat vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Battle Kat defeated Scott Peterson in 9:49 by pinfall. (D-)

Dean Malenko vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Dean Malenko defeated Barry Horowitz in 10:03 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (E+)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with One Man Gang. (C-)

Rick Martel comes out to the ring and tells the crowd just how great he is. (D+)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment.

Barry Windham vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, One Man Gang defeated Barry Windham in 14:45 when Barry Windham was counted out after being attacked by Sid Vicious. (C)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #156
sabotai
General Manager

Don Owen leaves the business. Welcome our new owner, Ted Turner.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #157
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, November 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Bull Ramos comes out and tells the fans that he's bought PNW and that they should expect a lot of changes and an administration that will be much more hands on. (C-)

Barry Horowitz vs. Vampire Hunter
In a terrible match that had some truly awful wrestling, Barry Horowitz defeated Vampire Warrior in 7:59 by pinfall with a Horowitz Roll-Up. (F+)
Barry Horowitz seemed off his game tonight. Barry Horowitz and Vampire Warrior have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Pegasus Kid vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Pegasus Kid defeated Scott Peterson in 9:34 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (D-)

Brian Pillman comes to the ring and challenges Dean Malenko to a match. (E+)

Rick Martel vs. Rick Steiner (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Martel defeated Rick Steiner in 15:50 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Having picked up the victory, Rick Martel celebrates in the ring. (C)

Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #158
sabotai
General Manager

Rick Rude just got paid. I re-sign him for a deal that pays $1500 PPA, more than double his previous deal ($700 PPA). He'll be worth it, though. He's gaining pop, has the entertainment ratings to carry angles, and has the in ring skills to put on good matches. He's headed for the Main Event role soon.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #159
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, November 1988

Attendance: 2,000

(The Show Begins...)

Dean Malenko vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dean Malenko defeated Shane Douglas in 9:40 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (D)

Bull Ramos comes out following the match and tells Malenko that he will be facing Brian Pillman next week. (D-)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Pegasus Kid
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero drew with Pegasus Kid in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (D+)
Eddie Guerrero seemed off his game tonight.

Sid Vicious attacks Barry Windham backstage, and leaves him down and out. (D+)

Rick Rude vs. Terry Taylor (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rick Rude defeated Terry Taylor in 15:30 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Rick Rude makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C-)

After the match, Rude does a pose down celebration to the fans. (C-)

Final Rating: D+
Old 08-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #160
sabotai
General Manager

Sid Vicious signs on for $350 PPA and 10% Merch. sales. Considering his popularity, I thought that he would want more.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #161
sabotai
General Manager

I do a talent trade with the AWA. They give me Jimmy Snuka for 3 appearances and I give them Barry Windham.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #162
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, November 1988

Attendance: 2,000

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Big Van Vader and One Man Gang from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)
Dutch Savage has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed.

Mark Callous vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Scott Armstrong in 8:15 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (E)

Bam Bam Bigalow demands a chance at Rick Martel. (E+)

Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Dean Malenko in 17:37 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D)
Brian Pillman is improving in Technical skills.

A video plays hyping Big Van Vader vs. One Man Gang. (C)

Big Van Vader vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader drew with One Man Gang in 13:47 when the match descended into chaos. (D)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #163
sabotai
General Manager

Rick Martel re-signs for $1500 PPA ($500 less than before)

Pegasus Kid re-signs for $350 PPA (same as before) for 3 more months.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #164
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, November 1988

Attendance: 1,850

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Sid Vicious from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Mark Callous vs. Shane Douglas
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Shane Douglas in 8:49 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E+)
Mark Callous was really off his game tonight. Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Sid Vicious. (D+)

Big Van Vader vs. Mike Rotundo

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Van Vader defeated Mike Rotundo in 12:15 when Mike Rotundo was disqualified when One Man Gang ran in and attacked Big Van Vader. (D)

Rick Martel had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... (C-)

Barry Windham vs. Sid Vicious
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham drew with Sid Vicious in 15:55 when the match descended into chaos. (D)
Sid Vicious was exhausted by the end. Sid Vicious is improving in Performance skills.

I was also told by Kowalski that I can't have Vicious in matches that long. I guess I have to relegate him back down to U. Midcard soon. Main Eventers need to be able to do ~20 minutes matches.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #165
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, December 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Big Van Vader. (C-)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment.

Rick Steiner vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Scott Peterson in 9:35 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D-)
Scott Peterson has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed. Rick Steiner and Scott Peterson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Bull Ramos is walking backstage when he see's Mascaras and Santana arguing about something. Ramos walks over to them and tells them they will have a match against each other next week. (D)
Bull Ramos has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dean Malenko defeated Brian Pillman in 10:08 by pinfall. (D+)

Rick Martel vs. Big Van Vader (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Big Van Vader in 17:46 by count out. During the match we also had Bam Bam Bigelow distract Martel. Rick Martel makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)
Rick Martel seemed off his game tonight.

Following the match, Bigalow and Martel jaw back and forth as the show closes. (D)

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #166
sabotai
General Manager

Dean Malenko signs on for 3 more months at $350 PPA.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #167
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, December 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Jimmy Snuka and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Pegasus Kid vs 2 Cold Scorpio
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Pegasus Kid defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 9:16 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (E+)
2 Cold Scorpio was really off his game tonight.

Rick Rude had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jimmy Snuka. (C)

Sid Vicious vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Shane Douglas in 8:34 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D)

Rick Rude vs. Jimmy Snuka (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Jimmy Snuka defeated Rick Rude in 19:14 by disqualification. (C-)

The match is over, and Jimmy Snuka is celebrating. Rick Rude looks angry, and jumps him from behind, beating him down. (D+)

Forgot to book the Mascaras - Santana match. Good thing I didn't advance book it or I would have taken a hit for it.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #168
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Diamond Dallas Page
- 32yo American. Heel Opener. Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. Not much in-ring skills, needs to work on that. Basics and Psych are D+, but has B- Safety, B Consist, C Selling. Good entertainment skills. Will try to have him lose his way up the card. F- Pop. $150 PPA.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #169
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, December 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Mil Mascaras had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Santana. (D)

Mark Callous vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Del Wilkes in 8:18 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E)

Bam Bam Bigelow had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rick Martel. (D+)

Ricky Santana vs. Mil Mascaras (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mil Mascaras defeated Ricky Santana in 14:01 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. Mil Mascaras wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (D+)

A video plays hyping Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rick Martel. (C-)

Rick Martel vs. Bam Bam Bigalow (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Martel defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 14:40 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 3 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D)

Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #170
sabotai
General Manager

Stan Lane will be leaving. Apparently he feels he's worth $1500 PPA.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #171
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Diamond Dallas Page

In a totally random thing, I still haven't decided whether DDP was at the Lynch Mob concert this week (I know from some memorabilia on the walls that he has been known to visit there). Every time I'd convince myself it wasn't him (too skinny, not much definition) the guy would do something - a familiar expression or mannerism or whatever - that would make me wonder all over again.

Alas, I was never sure enough to simply go up & ask (not really cool to do to someone who is just trying to have some fun same as me) nor never really convinced enough to dismiss it from my mind entirely either.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #172
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
In a totally random thing, I still haven't decided whether DDP was at the Lynch Mob concert this week (I know from some memorabilia on the walls that he has been known to visit there). Every time I'd convince myself it wasn't him (too skinny, not much definition) the guy would do something - a familiar expression or mannerism or whatever - that would make me wonder all over again.

Alas, I was never sure enough to simply go up & ask (not really cool to do to someone who is just trying to have some fun same as me) nor never really convinced enough to dismiss it from my mind entirely either.

The clincher would have been a Diamond Cutter sign.

Great diary, sab. Great to see those old names popping up.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #173
sabotai
General Manager

I've never been lucky enough to see or run into a famous person "in real life". The only time I saw a wrestler (other than the 2 Nitro shows I was saw - One in Philly and one in Orlando*) was Hulk Hogan at a car show when I was a kid. I could have gotten the poster of him I bought there signed, but even as a kid I wasn't going to wait in line for an hour and a half to get some guy to write his name on my poster, regardless of how famous he was. (Not that my parents gave me much of an option. They weren't going to wait either. ).

* - Well, we were in Orlando when Nitro had their outdoor shows there but we didn't have tickets. We saw the set up, "saw" a bit of the pre-show stuff including a dark match (meaning we saw bits of it here and there through the stands, stage and other people) and then went back to the hotel to watch the actual show.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #174
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucking fypo View Post
The clincher would have been a Diamond Cutter sign.

Believe me, I was watching for it.

If I hadn't seen the stuff on the walls earlier I doubt he would have crossed my mind (or would have spent hours trying to figure out who the guy reminded me of). But with that in my head I couldn't shake it.

There was something about this guy's behavior that made it possible. He stayed at the front bar (opposite end from the stage) all night, never strayed from his spot, people (although not that many) kind of gravitated to him to chat for a while before moving on. He was pretty obviously familiar to the staff as you'd see them exchange quick greetings or acknowledge each other with a nod, a brief word, etc. It just looked right, with the biggest thing lacking being how low-key the response from other customers seemed. (Trust me, there wasn't a shortage of people in the bar who would know 30 WCW veterans on sight). The clincher would probably have been his tattoos but he was wearing like a 3/4 sleeve jersey thing & I never could get a clear look at any of his ink.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #175
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, December 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero defeated Shane Douglas in 9:46 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (D-)

Eddie Guerrero is celebrating his victory in the ring. Pegasus Kid runs in and attacks, beating Eddie down into the mat. (E)

Ricky Santana vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Ricky Santana defeated Barry Horowitz in 11:21 by pinfall with a Santana Slam. (E+)
Barry Horowitz was really off his game tonight.

After the match, Ricky Santana grabs a mic and rants about Mil Mascaras. (D-)

Rick Martel comes to the ring and tells everyone that he can't be beat and that he'll take on anyone. Terry Taylor walks to the ring, much to the amusement of Rick Martel. (C-)

Rick Martel vs. Terry Taylor (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Martel defeated Terry Taylor in 14:32 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel makes defence number 4 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D)

Last edited by sabotai : 08-06-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #176
sabotai
General Manager

Eddie Guerrero signs on for 3 more months at $400 PPA.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #177
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, January 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Big Van Vader and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)
Dutch Savage has a dreadfully stale character, a change is really needed.

Battle Kat vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Battle Kat defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 8:56 by pinfall. (E+)
Battle Kat and Diamond Dallas Page don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Diamond Dallas Page is improving in Performance skills.

Rick Rude had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Big Van Vader. (D+)

Pegasus Kid vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Pegasus Kid drew with Eddie Guerrero in 12:06 following a double count out. (C-)

Barry Windham comes out and talks about Rick Martel's open challenge last week, and if he's man enough, he'll face him anytime, anywhere. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Rude defeated Big Van Vader in 13:26 by pinfall following interference from One Man Gang. Rick Rude makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C-)

Last edited by sabotai : 08-09-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #178
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, January 1989

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero have become friends.

(The Show Begins...)

Mil Mascaras had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Santana. (D)

Dean Malenko vs. Scott Armstrong
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dean Malenko defeated Scott Armstrong in 9:10 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (D+)

After the match, Brian Pillman comes out and rants at Malenko who just stares him down. (E+)

Eddie Guerrero has an interview in which he taunts Pegasus Kid. (D-)

Big Van Vader vs. Sid Vicious
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Big Van Vader defeated Sid Vicious in 11:30 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D+)
The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

Mil Mascaras vs. Ricky Santana (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mil Mascaras defeated Ricky Santana in 13:57 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. Mil Mascaras makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C-)

Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #179
sabotai
General Manager

The talent trade for Jimmy Snuka is not going so well. He refuses to lose to anyone so I think I'm just going to cut him loose.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #180
sabotai
General Manager

Terry Taylor resigns for $900 PPA.

One Man Gang resigns for $2000 PPA. He was at $1500 PPA and I was going to let him go, but he has C+ pop in NW, so I decide to keep him.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #181
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, January 1989

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Big Van Vader and One Man Gang from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Mark Callous vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mark Callous defeated Shane Douglas in 9:09 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (D-)

A music video is shown to promote Rick Martel. (C+)

Jim Ross has an interview with Rick Martel in which he attacks Barry Windham. (C-)

Brian Pillman and Pegasus Kid vs. Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Brian Pillman and Pegasus Kid drew with Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero in 15:29 when the match descended into chaos. (D+)

Big Van Vader had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with One Man Gang. (C)

One Man Gang vs. Big Van Vader
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader defeated One Man Gang in 12:23 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D+)
The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #182
sabotai
General Manager

Stan Lane officially leaves PNW.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #183
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, January 1989

(The Show Begins...)

While Bull Ramos is out talking to the crowd about how great he is, he also mentions that tonight we will see Big Van Vader take on Rick Rude (C-)

Brian Pillman vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 9:35 when Diamond Dallas Page was disqualified when Dean Malenko ran in and attacked Brian Pillman. (D-)
Diamond Dallas Page is improving in Performance skills.

Backstage, Barry Windham and Rick Martel are brawling. After a few minutes, Mark Callous jumps in and attacks Barry Windham, driving him off. (C-)

One Man Gang vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, One Man Gang defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 10:45 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D)
Bam Bam Bigelow and One Man Gang don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

Rick Martel comes to the ring and announces that since Barry Windham couldn't wait his turn for a shot at his title, he will now have to face Mark Callous before he'll give him a shot. (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader defeated Rick Rude in 11:46 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. Big Van Vader wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C)

Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #184
sabotai
General Manager

I terminate Bam Bam Bigalow's contract.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The talent trade for Jimmy Snuka is not going so well. He refuses to lose to anyone so I think I'm just going to cut him loose.

Maybe work some draws with lower-than-you'd-prefer talent, just to get them some kind of boost?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #186
sabotai
General Manager

He won't do that either. He won't even fight a draw with Martel. Maybe I'll have him get the snot kicked out of him in a few angles with Rude or One Man Gang to give them a bit of a push.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #187
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, February 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Mark Callous. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Brian Pillman defeated Dean Malenko in 10:44 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. (D+)

Bull Ramos comes out and says that since Pegasus Kid and Eddie Guerrero can not seem to keep it in the ring when they fight, they'll face each other in a cage match tonight! (D-)

Barry Windham vs. Mark Callous
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Barry Windham defeated Mark Callous in 11:05 when Mark Callous was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Barry Windham. (C-)

Cage Match: Pegasus Kid vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero defeated Pegasus Kid in 14:33 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (C-)

Both Guerrero and Benoit mentioned after the show that brawl-based matches don't play to their talents.....I don't think a cage match should really be "brawl based" but oh well. They still pulled off a C- main event. My middleweights are starting to put on D+ and C- matches with consistency. Maybe C and C+ shows aren't too far off.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #188
sabotai
General Manager

Time to play musical chairs with the middleweights.

Pillman won against Malenko
Mascaras won against Santana
Guerrero won against Pegasus Kid

Going by momentum, Pillman, Mascaras and Guerrero are all at D+. Battle Kat, Santana, Pegasus Kid and Malenko are at D.

Popularity wise, Battle Kat: D, Pillman: D-, Malenko: D-, Guerrero: D-, Mascaras: D, Pegasus Kid: E+, Santana: D-

Next up for the middleweights

Ricky Santana vs. Brian Pillman
Mil Mascaras vs. Eddie Guerrero
Dean Malenko vs. Battle Kat

and I'll trow Pegsus Kid the occasional jobber to get his popularity up a bit.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #189
sabotai
General Manager

Looks like Dutch Savage is on his way out. He thinks I'm going to pay $1500 PPA for a color commentator. He's incorrect.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #190
sabotai
General Manager

Dean Malenko signs on for 3 more months at $400 PPA.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #191
sabotai
General Manager

Mike Rotundo's contract is come up. I'm letting expire. There just wasn't any room for him.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #192
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, February 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Big Van Vader had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with One Man Gang. (C)

Rick Steiner vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 9:02 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (E+)

Battle Kat and Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko and Ricky Santana
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana and Dean Malenko defeated Battle Kat and Brian Pillman in 16:31 when Dean Malenko defeated Battle Kat by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (C-)

Rick Martel attacks Barry Windham backstage, and leaves him down and out. (C-)

Big Van Vader vs. One Man Gang (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader defeated One Man Gang in 11:49 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. Big Van Vader makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C-)
The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #193
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

Paul Heyman - 23yo American - Heel Manager. A Mic, B- Char, B Acting. He's an experiment...and expensive one, but I wanted a popular (D+) manager to handle a few guys to try to bring up some of my angles and matches. He's going to cost $1500 PPA, so basically an extra $6000 per month (if I use one of his workers every month). The last few months, I've been running about a $5k-$10k profit....so if I have to spend that profit on a manager that pushes things up, then it will be worth it. I'm going to give it a month or two to see how things play out. I'm going to start him off with One Man Gang.

Ox Baker - 54yo American. Color Commentator. B- Mic, B Char, C+ Acting. $1000 PPA.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-08-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #194
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, February 1989

Attendance: 1,890

(The Show Begins...)

Mil Mascaras had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Eddie Guerrero. (D)

Pegasus Kid vs. Diamond Dallas Page
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Pegasus Kid defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 10:20 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. (D-)

Ross and Baker Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Rick Martel from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Mil Mascaras vs. Eddie Guerrero (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mil Mascaras defeated Eddie Guerrero in 11:13 by disqualification. Mil Mascaras makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (C-)

Rick Martel vs. Barry Windham (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Rick Martel defeated Barry Windham in 20:51 by pinfall following interference from Mark Callous. Rick Martel makes defence number 5 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C+)

Final Rating: C

Old 08-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #195
EdReedIsGod
n00b

Great thread, I love this Wrestling dynasties. Quick question, wouldn't losing in a good match to Snuka help the popularity of one of your guys if they pulled say a B match? Or is winning crucial to the game?

Actually two questions, how come you took the foot off the gas with Sid right when his popularity was soaring?

Last edited by EdReedIsGod : 08-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.
EdReedIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #196
sabotai
General Manager

Thanks for reading!

The big issue with Jimmy Snuka right now is that I have to pay him ~$1800 PPA, so even if a midcard worker did get a boost by just performing well against him, it'd be too expensive, not to mention cheaper to get the same boost from 2-3 wins vs. other midcards or upper midcards. I also had him win against Rick Rude by DQ, and even that curbstomped Rude's momentum. I don't want to kill anyone else's momentum.

As for Sid, two things with him. 1) He sucks in the ring and has no stamina. and 2) He faced both Vader and Windham a few times, and I don't really have any other main opponents for him, so I have to sit him awhile or else I'll hit the "more then 3 matches recently".

The good news is that popularity doesn't erode quickly, and even though I haven't used him recently, his popularity is still pretty high (C in NW). I'll be bringing him back out of his cage soon.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #197
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, February 1989

Attendance: 1,813

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Sid Vicious vs. Barry Horowitz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Barry Horowitz in 9:26 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

Barry Windham is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Rick Rude. (C-)

Ricky Santana vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Ricky Santana in 13:10 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Rick Rude
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Rick Rude in 17:28 when Rick Rude was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Barry Windham. (C+)
Rick Rude is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match, Rick Martel and Barry Windham continue to brawl to close out the show. (C-)

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #198
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

I've been trying to land one more big name face so that I can have 3 main event faces and 3 main event heels (Martel, Gang and Rude), that way I could play musical chairs with them the way I'm doing with the middleweights to avoid hitting that wall of booking the same match too many times. Didn't find him this week (tried to sign Micheal Hayes but WWF blocked me with a written deal for him). I did get one more midcarder that could work his way to main event.

Lanny Poffo - 34yo American - Midcard Heel - Middleweight Cruiserweight. C Mat, C Chain, C- Aerial, C+ Flashiness, decent Entertainments (Cs), B+ Athl, C Toughness, B+ Stamina, good performances (C+ to B in all). Originally was going to make him a face, but I have a few too many of them in the midcard level and made him a heel to balance it out a bit.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #199
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, March 1989

(The Show Begins....)

Dean Malenko vs. Battle Kat
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Dean Malenko defeated Battle Kat in 11:21 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (D+)
Battle Kat was really off his game tonight. Dean Malenko and Battle Kat don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Big Van Vader is interviewed backstage by Jim Ross, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Sid Vicious. (C-)
Big Van Vader is developing better performance skills. Jim Ross is learning to show more charisma.

Barry Windham vs. Mark Callous
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Barry Windham defeated Mark Callous in 12:42 when Mark Callous was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Barry Windham. (C)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Mark Callous is improving in Technical skills.

After the match, Martel and Callous continued to fight Windham. (D+)

Big Van Vader vs. Sid Vicious (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Big Van Vader drew with Sid Vicious in 12:02 when the match descended into chaos. (D+)
Big Van Vader was really off his game tonight.

Bah, I was worried a match with Windham and Callous would get a lower grade, and Vader and Vicious have put on better matches in the past.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #200
sabotai
General Manager

Mil Mascaras does not wish to work in the US anymore so he will not renew his contract with me.