Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Upnorthjerseys.com

NFL Jerseys,MLB Jerseys,NHL Jerseys,NBA Jerseys

Selling stitched on NFL jerseys (and other sports) for $29.99.

Sounds kinda sketchy, but at the same time I've heard they are legitimate. What should be my concerns?

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I can tell you for sure the site hasn't been updated for a long time. Theyre selling a Daniel Coats jersey and he hasn't been a Bengal for over a year. Then theres the spelling on the about us page.. Looks pretty iffy.

http://www.upnorthjerseys.com/About-Us/

They also don't have a customer service page, etc.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-07-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Comey
College Starter

If you have $30 to blow on what is likely an unrealistic fabrication of a jersey, then it's zero-risk to you. If $30 is a risk to you, pass. I know this seems obvious, but the likelihood that these things don't pass muster is ridiculously high. So, if you don't mind taking the risk, then there is no risk, so to speak.

It's probably a Chinese website, so shipping may be an issue, too. These shipments get stopped with some regularity; I can't speak for upnorth, but their competitors often have issues (I've read other forums where people have ordered jerseys, and customs stopped the shipment, and they never got them).

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post

"
About Us
www.upnorthjerseys.com established in 2006, Our company are prodessional in sports
jerseys, we have our manufacturer. We supply Top quality produce and Excellent Services, For
now our company have lots of customers from Europe, American, Canada, England, Austialia etc..,
We hope to build long-term business with all our customers."

.....seems legit.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

haha
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Not that impressed with the pics they have posted for their jerseys. The NCAA ones don't look right at all.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
thesloppy
Pro Starter

This shouldn't be a single image. Also: July 10th is not so daily.

There's like 8-million of these rip-off jersey sites, with lots of folks online alternately singing their praises or cursing them. They seem to vary wildly in quality, entirely independent of site, league or team ordered, and you're basically rolling the dice....but at $30 it's certainly tempting.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I have used this site below with success. Got a Pujols, Sam Bradford, and Wesley Snieder jersey for under $100. They are exactly the same as ones that I spent almost a hundred each on from a team store. (They could be ripoffs but my guess is they either have small errors that I can't make out or somehow went out of the back of a Beijing factory) The shipping is the same on one jersey or a bunch so try and get friends with you if you can. (I linked to the reds for you)

Cincinnati Reds jerseys,authentic Cincinnati Reds jerseys,cheap Reds jerseys for sale:Buy authentic jerseys with favorable price!

Last edited by panerd : 08-07-2011 at 06:03 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
korme
Go Reds

panerd, the most intriguing thing for me and the biggest difference is the sheer number of player options... it would be great to be able to get a jersey that i can't get in a store, or would have to pay ~$300 for to customize on nflshop
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I've always wanted a Joe Sakic jersey without that pesky Captain's "C"

http://www.upnorthjerseys.com/NHL-Je...-Jersey-89549/
Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I love their Bengals team history.

Cincinnati Bengals is a North Division AFC football team that can be seen at the Paul Brown Stadium, Ohio playing in orange, black and white uniforms. The team derives the name from a team of the same name that played in the erstwhile American Football League from 1937 to ‘41. The Bengals joined the NFL in 1970 and won the AFC Central Division that year. The coming few seasons witnessed a number of coaching changes and a series of sporadic outcomes. Finally in 1981, the Bengals won the division crown under head coach Forrest Gregg.The team carried on with a consistent record in the coming years registering their fifth division title in 1990. However from then on, they fell back on what seemed like a bad patch and went on struggling through the rest of the decade.

Edit: I'm pretty sure this site is run by someone that used to post here.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-07-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Enjoy your Bengels Jersey. Are you getting AJ Grien or Andy Delton.

Last edited by stevew : 08-07-2011 at 07:21 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Enjoy your Bengels Jersey. Are you getting AJ Grien or Andy Delton.

Kind of want a Jarome Sampson or Carlis Donlop
Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Sounds a lot like jersey101.com They are an Asian company that does fake authentic jerseys. I've never ordered from them personally, but several people that sit in my section at Colts games have and they look solid. Just another place to check out.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I have a few fake authentics- the white Saints jerseys have a screwy fleur de lis on the arm, but the black ones are good- a couple of hockey jerseys that are good as well. No way I can afford to spend $300 on an authentic, and I don't want to spend $80 on those ironed on ones, and if I did spend $300 on an authentic I wouldn't want to wear it to a game where the guy behind me is most likely going to spill beer or nachos on me at some point. So yeah they are good enough. Like others said, might get ripped off as I know someone who ordered 15 and they got 13...
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #16
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Reason why women are illogical #865322: So a few years ago me and my best friend went to Chinatown in New York and I told her about the "secret" rooms in the back of some of the purse shops. We ended up scoring some knockoff Coach purses for $10 each. She told me it was one of the funniest times she has ever had. (And it was a blast, not really the getting the purse part as much as me dealing with the ladies and getting turned down repeatedly because they thought I was a cop) Anyways fast forward to last Christmas when she was going to order her brother a Blues jersey and I told her about the nhlnfl site. Anyways she "ran it by her dad" and she told me he said it was illegal and she doesn't want to break the law. I see...

Definite illegal purses OK, possible illegal sports jersey scared must follow the law.

Like I said I don't know the legality or if they are knockoffs but I have sat next to plenty of guys in the exact same Pujols jersey at Cardinal games and I'll be damned if I can tell the difference. I also think they have all of the new players. (I am a Bengal fan so I know they will have Dalton and Green soon, kind of surprised they aren't there already) Like anything beware and if you can't take a $50-60 hit I wouldn't advise it but they sure saved me a shitload of money and I have been very pleased with my purchases.

Last edited by panerd : 08-08-2011 at 09:23 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #17
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Borntrade

is another site. It was just borntrade.com, but was shut down about 8-9 months ago.

Around the time of the Super Bowl, a huge shipment was seized in Pittsburgh.

Federal agents seize counterfeit sports apparel
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Austialia...

So is this Australia, Austria, or a newly formed republic near Kazakhstan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #19
Landshark44
High School Varsity

i was buying them in bulk from a site called jerseymall.com. it was shady, in that i had to pay with "western union", and the friend that turned me on to the site told me shipments sometimes got snatched at customs..(they came from china)

i'd take orders at work, and when i got to 20 or so, I'd buy them for $22 each, and sell them for $45. Quality was great for current jerseys, but throwbacks were not entirely accurate...it was a pain in the ass, though, (people would complain about sizing, length of time it took, etc) and risky, so now if i want one I just order one from the guy who told me about site for $45....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote