Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion > Past Versions Of FOF/TCY
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #151
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm using the Accord.NET framework for the hard math bits, the tricky part is documenting the input data (converting bars / combines to the correct Z values) and spitting out the coefficients. I should probably push a source code release at some point.

You're the man!

In the meantime, the result numbers are also in the exported CSV, which is also very cool.

Last edited by aston217 : 03-17-2015 at 12:09 PM. Reason: duplicate question removed
aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #152
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yeah, looks like something is off. Guys over 8 are definitely showing as under the threshold, I'll have to check what went wrong.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #153
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i really need to figure out how to use this thing on a mac. the old pencil and paper drafting cant keep up - im like al davis in the analytics age.
Pyser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:13 AM   #154
sjshaw
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
i really need to figure out how to use this thing on a mac. the old pencil and paper drafting cant keep up - im like al davis in the analytics age.

It works fine in Parallels.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #155
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
It works fine in Parallels.

i use wine
Pyser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #156
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's a .NET app, it should be very easy for emulators to run it. I'm not doing anything all that fancy...
Old 03-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #157
chinaski
College Prospect

Im pretty new to this app, sorry if this is a dumb question.... is there a way to export who has been drafted (from conscriptor) and import that into analyzer?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #158
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Im pretty new to this app, sorry if this is a dumb question.... is there a way to export who has been drafted (from conscriptor) and import that into analyzer?

Posting from my phone now, so not 100% sure of all nomenclature, but copy and paste from the "Analyzer Dump" link in Conscriptor into the big box in the lower right of Analyzer. Then there's a button that says "mark drafted players" or something like that also in the lower right I think.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #159
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Posting from my phone now, so not 100% sure of all nomenclature, but copy and paste from the "Analyzer Dump" link in Conscriptor into the big box in the lower right of Analyzer. Then there's a button that says "mark drafted players" or something like that also in the lower right I think.

Excellent, worked perfectly, thanks Ben!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:05 AM   #160
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Side note - if anyone has any 30+ season PlayerTracker databases, preferably with combine accuracy set to 50, and wants to contribute, I could use them as more training samples.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #161
sawblade300
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Yeah. Ever since the update a few updates ago, I haven't been able to do this. I have no idea why, but I copy the drafted players from analyzer dump and they won't paste in the big box. I've tried several different ways to fix this or get them over there, but not happening. And having to do each name as they're drafted, especially if I miss a few or heaven forbid, shut down DA, is a major PITA!

Last edited by sawblade300 : 03-19-2015 at 10:30 AM.
sawblade300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #162
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I have no clue how standard Windows copy/paste is failing for you. The Export/Import Draftees was set up to do this by file sharing before the days of Analyzer (in my office league with AIs, we ran the draft in the game, I would copy-paste from FOF into the window in Analyzer, mark drafted, Export Draftees, and share that file with whoever was up next on the clock). Someone in the league could do that for you, or I can check the Import Draftees and see if it can take a file that is in the Analyzer Dump format, so you could paste into a text editor, save, and then load it in Analyzer.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #163
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah, looks like something is off. Guys over 8 are definitely showing as under the threshold, I'll have to check what went wrong.

Yeah, definitely something funky going on with the combine coloring (not sure what "over 8" means, though)

You know, combined with the example pointed out on the last page, it almost looks like tackles are using the center breakpoint numbers, and vice versa.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #164
sawblade300
Mascot

Quote:
I have no clue how standard Windows copy/paste is failing for you. The Export/Import Draftees was set up to do this by file sharing before the days of Analyzer (in my office league with AIs, we ran the draft in the game, I would copy-paste from FOF into the window in Analyzer, mark drafted, Export Draftees, and share that file with whoever was up next on the clock). Someone in the league could do that for you, or I can check the Import Draftees and see if it can take a file that is in the Analyzer Dump format, so you could paste into a text editor, save, and then load it in Analyzer.

Have no idea why it doesn't work. I've tried all kinds of things to get it to paste and nothing. I can paste the drafted players in word or notebook, just not in the big box in DA
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #165
aston217
College Prospect

Quote:
Someone in the league could do that for you, or I can check the Import Draftees and see if it can take a file that is in the Analyzer Dump format, so you could paste into a text editor, save, and then load it in Analyzer.

I wrote a quick online utility where you can paste in the Analyzer Dump, and it will produce a *.draftees file that you can then successfully import into DA:

Link

Old 03-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #166
chinaski
College Prospect

Say I want to only show OLB, DE, CB - is there a way to do that? I tried setting the weights to all other positions to 0 but that didnt do anything. Id like to only list those positions, then sort by grade, and then export to priority list for conscriptor.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #167
gstelmack
Pro Starter

[quote=aston217;3011843]Yeah, definitely something funky going on with the combine coloring (not sure what "over 8" means, though)[/draft]

"8.00" was the threshold it was using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
You know, combined with the example pointed out on the last page, it almost looks like tackles are using the center breakpoint numbers, and vice versa.

We have a winner! Someday I'll get the ordering right across all these utilities - Analyzer is still using some stuff going back to FOF2k4...

New version up shortly.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #168
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Wow, I am getting some funky results with the round grading (slot by round). It appears no combines may be sneaking way up.

Should be improved now.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #169
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Should be improved now.

Yes, sir. That looks much more realistic. Thanks!
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #170
Subby
lolzcat

Feature Request - ability to mark one player as drafted, scroll down X number of players, and mark another player drafted, then have all of the players in between marked as drafted.

This would save me a lot of the minutiae of having to mark the hundreds of players with a negative 100 or worse combine score with the drafted label.

Is that possible?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 03-23-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #171
Nemesis
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Feature Request - ability to mark one player as drafted, scroll down X number of players, and mark another player drafted, then have all of the players in between marked as drafted.

This would save me a lot of the minutiae of having to mark the hundreds of players with a negative 100 or worse combine score with the drafted label.

Is that possible?

Do you mark all the "red combine" guys or just a select set? I'd say add an option to sort "red combines" to the bottom or something.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #172
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

Is that possible?

Like using a Shift or Ctrl function?
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM   #173
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Like using a Shift or Ctrl function?
Correct!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Do you mark all the "red combine" guys or just a select set? I'd say add an option to sort "red combines" to the bottom or something.
I would want a little more control only b/c I don't sort out all red combine guys.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #175
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Doable, I'll have to investigate. Right now I'm still trying to improve the slotting algorithm, playing around with neural nets that take 8+ hours to train for one position group...
Old 03-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #176
balldoktor81
n00b

just a simple question guys, I'm new here, do you use this tool before or after you pick in the draft? as for me, it would take a lot from the "surprise-effect" if i would analyze my pick(s) before executing them...
balldoktor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #177
gstelmack
Pro Starter

This is to help you prepare your list for the draft, it has no use after the draft.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #178
balldoktor81
n00b

thx! i get it, but it also reveals more info than the game(-info) itself... i know its not a given that those numbers provided by the DA will pen out, but it helps you to raise your chances to pick players, which have a better chance to develop into servicable nfl-members...

damn this game has so much depth!!! the gameplan analyzer... holy bleep!!! if only the UI would make a step forward with the next iteration.

Last edited by balldoktor81 : 03-24-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #179
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by balldoktor81 View Post
thx! i get it, but it also reveals more info than the game(-info) itself... i know its not a given that those numbers provided by the DA will pen out, but it helps you to raise your chances to pick players, which have a better chance to develop into servicable nfl-members...

damn this game has so much depth!!! the gameplan analyzer... holy bleep!!! if only the UI would make a step forward with the next iteration.
To be clear, if you're new to the game (based on your newly-created login to the forum, I'm guessing that's the case,) you might want to consider not using it in solo play.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #180
balldoktor81
n00b

thx for your info/suggestion Ben!
Old 03-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #181
MattG
Mascot

Mine is saying "Application can not be started, please contact the application vendor". Worked great up until a few days ago. Did I break it?
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #182
aston217
College Prospect

Try running it from the website again? I think I had gotten something like that before, trying to run it from the saved local shortcut, and that fixed it. Not sure.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 PM   #183
ftwco
n00b

Today I got a new work computer, A Dell Venue running windows 8.1 pro. My issue is I have installed everything and all seems to be working correctly except for the Draft Analyzer 7. When I click to open the program it says Launching Application and then the window goes away and nothing opens up. I have selected to run in Admin, still nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I cant see the replay value of this game remaining where it is with out it! Please help!!

btw - when I installed the game it says that I need .net and windows installer 4.5, both of these are included in 8.1 so further installation is unnecessary
ftwco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 PM   #184
ftwco
n00b

Also, I still use the extractor tool an earlier release of FOFk7 utility suite. When I extract data on 8.1 I cannot find the extracted data in my documents, any idea where that may go on 8.1?
ftwco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:39 AM   #185
Ben E Lou

New version. What changed?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #186
djsatu
High School Varsity

This program has stopped working all-together for me. Everything I do comes up with an error message.
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #187
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I'm seeing an unhandled exception when loading league draftees out of the new IHOF class. Have not confirmed yet whether others are seeing this.

EDIT: Randomly worked on like the 7th try after a computer reboot, so may have been particular to my machine I suppose...

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DataReader.CSVHelper.ParseLine(String curLine)
at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.LoadExportedDraftees(String directoryName)
at DraftAnalyzer.DraftAnalyzerForm.loadExtractorOutputToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DraftAnalyzer
Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dickson/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/5NZ30RGZ.RN6/YQT1XCVH.X38/draf..tion_ac89c648cbfe78a7_0001.0002_52f783b09eea66ea/DraftAnalyzer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
DataReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dickson/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/5NZ30RGZ.RN6/YQT1XCVH.X38/draf..tion_ac89c648cbfe78a7_0001.0002_52f783b09eea66ea/DataReader.DLL
WindowsUtilities
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dickson/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/5NZ30RGZ.RN6/YQT1XCVH.X38/draf..tion_ac89c648cbfe78a7_0001.0002_52f783b09eea66ea/WindowsUtilities.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Last edited by corbes : 06-14-2015 at 09:26 PM.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #188
sawblade300
Mascot

Why would two different GM's see the D? VG G FP columns differently for the same player?

Are these ratings based on the teams scouts? Our weights and how they're set up for each position? Or something else?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #189
aston217
College Prospect

They're based in part on the bars, which come from your draft_personal.csv file.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #190
sawblade300
Mascot

So, it's different based on each teams scouting, correct?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #191
aston217
College Prospect

yep, it should be!

you will also notice these values changing after you interview and the bars narrow.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 AM   #192
garion333
High School Varsity

It has been brought to my attention that for Inside LBs the bottom constraint on Broad Jump is wrong in DA. Should probably be 103 based on MalcPow (if you're using that still for the cutoffs). As such, Cockfield should not be marked red for his 105 Broad Jump score.

For OLBs this would be below the cutoff, but not for ILBs.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #193
bigc45157
n00b

Does anyone have the settings that they use for DA?

*** If I'm using the standard settings are there any glaring weaknesses that I need to change in order to see better results?
bigc45157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #194
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Weighting bars versus combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
They're based in part on the bars, which come from your draft_personal.csv file.

I noticed the defaults have the combine weighted at just 10 wit the bars at 100...I never messed with this before but am wondering if now that the machine is better I should change those proportions? Or are they on different scales so that those absolute values aren't as different as they seem?
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #195
andyhdz
n00b

I'm sure many of you use this trick already and this would only work well in SP but what I do in order to better see whose available is that I reimport the draft files when it's my turn again to draft. So let's say I'm in the 3rd round I reimport the draft files and reload them into the draft analyzer. So now I only see who's available and don't have to worry about seeing whose been drafted and waste time with them.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #196
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
I'm sure many of you use this trick already and this would only work well in SP but what I do in order to better see whose available is that I reimport the draft files when it's my turn again to draft. So let's say I'm in the 3rd round I reimport the draft files and reload them into the draft analyzer. So now I only see who's available and don't have to worry about seeing whose been drafted and waste time with them.
Or you could just copy and paste from FOF into Analyzer and mark them all as drafted in one shot.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 PM   #197
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
n00b

Dumb question, is draft analyzer safe to use with Windows 10?
Any chance it could cause any user profile issues?
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #198
garion333
High School Varsity

I didn't have any issues with anything in Windows 10.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #199
Mavericx
n00b

Can't get Draft Analyzer to install....after clicking "install", it starts downloading the files, but then I get this error: "Unable to retrieve application files. Files corrupt in deployment."

Anyone have any suggestions by chance?

Thx!
Mavericx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:13 AM   #200
FinsBeliever
n00b

D, VG, G, A, FP, Column disappear

Got the draft analyzer installed today. The version is 1.3.0.0. I did export the data required to run it, but the column D, VG, G, A, and FP are not there.

Please help...
FinsBeliever is offline   Reply With Quote