Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

State of the Union for these leagues?

Seems like things have really slowed down in these leagues in the past couple of months. Is it just life getting in the way? Dwindling enthusiasm? Are people overcommitted in terms of the number of leagues they are in? Has the game gotten old?

As I told Julio a month or two ago, I plan to drop out of The Pyramid after this season. It's just never quite grabbed me like The Ladder (and to a lesser extent, The American). Probably because I don't care about FAU in real life.

Anyhow, I just wanted to get a dialogue going on the state of these leagues, and what people think we can do to improve things? I feel like things are dying on the vine a bit due to the slow pace. It's harder to stay interested when nothing happens for a couple weeks or a month.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I actually wonder if any of us are heavily invested in the Pyramid. I know I haven't been particularly attached to Wyoming.

For me though, a lot of it has just been busy season at work and I am on 2nd shift this year instead of 3rd like last year. By the time I get home I am usually wiped because I'm the only one at the hotel and on sold out nights that leaves me running a lot of errands for guests.

Pokemon Go ate into my time for a bit too, but I think my enthusiasm for that has dwindled significantly.

I think the rest of it is just that everyone is busy. We have a lot of guys who travel frequently for work and its hard to mesh schedules.

I think we'd be best to cut off the Pyramid if a league is to be dropped, but I am open to suggestions otherwise. I'll be playing a game tonight in one of the leagues though, been on vacation and spending a lot of time getting my son situated in school for his 1st grade year.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm super busy so that is a big part of it for me. The American frustrates me at times, but I'm enjoying it more lately. The Ladder I love and I can't wait to play my next game. I think my connection to USC is a big factor there as well as the history we have of great games in the league.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-25-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I have been pretty busy with work and finding free time. In the Pyramid I wish we had decided to build one star cupcakes out of our favorite teams instead of forcing use of existing one stars. I have thought of changing team to Ole Miss for more immersion. I think we talked about being able to change if you go a star down or something like that.

But if several people quit, that league is effectively dead.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think it might benefit the American and Ladder if we just put a tarp over the Pyramid after this season then. If there are any objections we'll think of another option.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote